Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 547.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

And I assume that your external sub is well utilized in the sound package?

I use externals in almost all of my games and it sounds great here.

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did you hookup the sub? Is Pinnovator needed?

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

How did you hookup the sub? Is Pinnovator needed?

No just alligator clips. It’s how I hook up almost all of my games.

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same here. My Stern Star Trek Premium and Walking Dead Pro are best with the subs and not the same without them, the bigger the better. Godzilla will get the largest one that I have!

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Same with that fan that makes noise which I thought would be fixed by now but no luck.

Haha, no kidding. EVERY pin I bring in to mod I tell myself I won't replace the power supply fan because the pin's going away when I'm done, but literally day one every time I change the fan out because I cannot stand that high whine with the terrible fan they use. Gomez says a better/quieter power supply is coming, but...when?? It's been more than a year now.

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No just alligator clips. It’s how I hook up almost all of my games.

Thanks!

#757 2 years ago

delt31 & Green-Machine , Godzilla LE will be my 3rd pin. I have a TMNT Premium and had a Mando Premium(Sold recently to fund Godzilla). I've never heard a pin with an external sub. Any recommendations on a solution to get an external sub for my two modern sterns?

#758 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

delt31 & Green-Machine , Godzilla LE will be my 3rd pin. I have a TMNT Premium and had a Mando Premium(Sold recently to fund Godzilla). I've never heard a pin with an external sub. Any recommendations on a solution to get an external sub for my two modern sterns?

I believe the most common is this Polk: https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_2

Occasionally for sale under $100, and can hook up more than one pin if desired (though some games may differ in perfect settings).

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Monoprice 8" or 12" External Subwoofers are nice options as well.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I believe the most common is this Polk: amazon.com link »
Occasionally for sale under $100, and can hook up more than one pin if desired (though some games may differ in perfect settings).

This is a good one and easy to hook up two games to one sub.

#761 2 years ago

I'm patiently awaiting my LE. Meanwhile I'm trying to sneak in games on the local Pros.

I went to CAX last weekend and brought my rig:

Full VOD still available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1178488997

I setup the rig during the MFP league night at Lynn's Arcade:

Full VOD available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1180743918

Signature KME game with never seen before shots!

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Monoprice 8" or 12" External Subwoofers are nice options as well.

I have a monoprice, Polk sw10, and an Onkyo for my Sterns all with pinnovators. The onkyo so far is the best.

#763 2 years ago

The most amazing sub I've had connected so far is one of JL Audio's, the E112, which gets truly subterranean. Short of that the best one that I own is their entry-level D108 (currently on #the_walking_dead) that has good pitch and texture but not the pants-shaking bass you can really feel like the E112. I also have a B&W ASW608 on #star_trek_le and the JL Audio beats it handily. Good subs actually have deep bass with texture and pitch accuracy, not just 50 or 60 hertz boom like the crazy car stereos you hear coming down the street. Every sound has to start at 0 hertz, so the more of that you can recreate accurately the better everything is. It's pretty crazy when you hear it right. I'm done preaching now.

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm patiently awaiting my LE. Meanwhile I'm trying to sneak in games on the local Pros.
I went to CAX last weekend and brought my rig:
Full VOD still available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1178488997
I setup the rig during the MFP league night at Lynn's Arcade:
Full VOD available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1180743918
Signature KME game with never seen before shots!

I might be imagining this but the left flipper seems to be slightly off and too low compared to the right flipper on that pro.

#765 2 years ago

If you drain during a battle mode do you fail and have to requalify it all over again? If you fail do you then have to re-do it later or can you still progress to wizard mode? I'm not a great player and find modes that either continue when you drain (like jurassic park paddocks) or dont affect qualifying for the wizard mode (like TMNT, where you can fail all modes but still get to final battle) suit me better than games you lose all your progress when you drain even if shots/ layout are easier (like ElviraHOH, easier shots to make but fail the haunt modes when you drain and then have to re qualify for the modes and complete them to get to wizard mode, I dont know if this can be adjusted in Elvira settings as I've only played it on location)
Love the look of Godzilla but want to get a bit more info on the difficulty of the coding of the modes and thats not always apparent when reading.
Thanks!

#766 2 years ago

RoyalJack once you get your sub, use this to hook it up! https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit keeps the machine stock if you sell it later, and is a great clean way to hook a sub to any newer stern. i have these on all of my modern stern machines.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Whatever sub you get, I’d pick this passive mixer up. I have 4 games on one sub and it sounds great.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#768 2 years ago

I’m not a big mod guy, but I ALWAYS add a shaker and a subwoofer to my games. I have a hard time playing pinball without a subwoofer now. It just adds so much to the experience.

Also, do yourself a favor and just get a roll of speaker cable and a cheap soldering iron. If you don’t know how to solder, check out YouTube. You need to know how to solder if you’re going to own pinball machines. Soldering the speaker wire to the cabinet subwoofer is an entry level solder job. You can’t screw it up.

Don’t go spending money on these mods and kits to do something that costs nothing but a glob of solder. You have to buy the wire anyways. So the only additional cost is the solder. Save your money. When you’re done with the machine and want to sell it, snip the speaker wire close to the cabinet subwoofer. Or you can always unsolder the cable if you want no trace left behind.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Well, there isn't really a difference in the Pro, Premium or LE SPIKE 2 speaker panels. The only difference in any of them is what they have installed ON the back of the panel.
So yes, the panel pictured in an LE is dresses like a Pro or Premium panel normally is. It has the speaker foam in front of the speaker plates (where the Godzilla LE would not), it has the 4" speakers (where the Godzilla LE would have 5.25" speakers) and for that obvious reason...it has the 4" speaker plates and not the 5.25" speaker plates that a Godzilla LE should have. It's also missing the 5.25" red speaker rings that the LE would normally come with as well as some gaskets and spacers the LE normally has.
So the switch over would be super simple (especially with the Molex connectors Stern has on the speakers now)....take off the speaker plate on each side (including the speakers), remove the foam and then put on the 5.25" speaker plates with the 5.25" speakers and the speaker ring surrounds (and possibly add a Speaker Light Kit while you are at it ). If you aren't putting in the speaker lights, they should also be sending you a gasket and 4 spacers for each side to go between the colored ring and the speaker.
As far as a factory screw up goes, this is an extremely easy one to fix.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Doug knows 100% I've swapped my prem elwin machines with his kits and its super easy! Although I had to solder the speaker wires to the kenwood speakers I installed. Looking back I could have installed molex connectors but solder seemed like the easier solution and surefire connection for me. Doug do you currently have the 5.25 brackets? And light packages in stock like I've purchased prior? Need one ASAP.

#770 2 years ago

So has anyone replaced stern pro or premium speakers with the LE/updated ones? Anything that is plug and play Bc I’m thinking about swapping out some of my non LE sterns as the sound on this LE is very good

And I use psw10 sub for all my games.

#771 2 years ago

Loving the destruction jackpot one shot off the magnet.

Are there other games that have this type of all-or-nothing one shot?

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Hawkeye challenge on AIQ

#773 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

Pinnovators on every pin and I think GZ deserves a klipsch 12". Costco usually has best price. I have 4 polks and 2 klipsch, and there is a substantial difference in them.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Whatever sub you get, I’d pick this passive mixer up. I have 4 games on one sub and it sounds great.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

Palmer Where do you place the single sub? Does it sound like the sub sound is coming from across the room when playing a machine not closest to the sub?

#775 2 years ago

I get my Godzilla le tomorrow. Fedex freight called today… didn’t even know it was shipped.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Hawkeye challenge on AIQ

Hawkeye challenge is similar but it has a poor execution. Hey , where should we put this challenge shot? Right behind the spinning disk so it will get blocked most of the time. That's a great idea!

#777 2 years ago

What is the model of the Klipsch?

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Palmer Where do you place the single sub? Does it sound like the sub sound is coming from across the room when playing a machine not closest to the sub?

I have several games hooked to one sub with the Pinnovators splitter. It really doesn't matter where the sub is located as the sub adds a "fullness" to the sound and doesn't serve the same function as a normal speaker. You really can't tell where the sound is coming from but you know it does sound a heck of a lot better. BTW I got my last PSW 10 rebox from Accessories4less for $90. They shipped fast and in a factory box

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That board surely is supposed to have a switch cover over it...or something?

that is an opto sensor/switch and these typically have no covers that I know of. if there is a mod for covering these it would be great.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So has anyone replaced stern pro or premium speakers with the LE/updated ones? Anything that is plug and play Bc I’m thinking about swapping out some of my non LE sterns as the sound on this LE is very good
And I use psw10 sub for all my games.

I duplicated the LE speakers and sub on JP2Pre, using Doug’s lights and speaker grill modifications. It was a big upgrade. Also, Dan’s Pinwoofer system is amazing, although he uses a similar but slightly better sub compared to the LE. The amp really makes a difference.

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

If you drain during a battle mode do you fail and have to requalify it all over again? If you fail do you then have to re-do it later or can you still progress to wizard mode? I'm not a great player and find modes that either continue

The current battle ends after draining or if the timer runs out. Battle progress is saved and you don't have to hit the two ramps to relight Kaiju Battle.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Basically in the middle of the row. Each input has a small pot that you can use for a basic mix. Have to play around with it for a bit but once dialed in it is pretty great.

#783 2 years ago

what do you guys think of the rules currently? don't you find the multi ball too easy to start and the modes often being ignored? just 'shoot' the building a lot sort of thing? I am hoping the code changes this a bit... thoughts?
I get it is Godzilla and its job is to destroy things, lol, but I feel like IJ williams can be multi ball heavy too if played this well and can easily rack points up without doing any modes whatsoever...

#784 2 years ago

Can anybody comment on the difference in gameplay between pro and LE.

Specifically I really enjoy the mechagodzilla inner orbit on the pro, wondering how the LE turnstile jump ramp stacks up.

Initially it seemed like the premium was a no-brainer, but the flow of the pro really suprized me.

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I have several games hooked to one sub with the Pinnovators splitter. It really doesn't matter where the sub is located as the sub adds a "fullness" to the sound and doesn't serve the same function as a normal speaker. You really can't tell where the sound is coming from but you know it does sound a heck of a lot better. BTW I got my last PSW 10 rebox from Accessories4less for $90. They shipped fast and in a factory box

With that splitter can you have both games on and it works for both (playing one game at a time)?

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

what do you guys think of the rules currently? don't you find the multi ball too easy to start and the modes often being ignored? just 'shoot' the building a lot sort of thing? I am hoping the code changes this a bit... thoughts?
I get it is Godzilla and it's thing is to destroy things, lol, but I feel like IJ williams can be multi ball heavy too if played this well and can easily rack points up without doing any modes whatsoever...

Rules have a ways to go, it is initially a little multi ball heavy i agree.
-But you can see the skeleton of what's to come... Cities will be like the JP paddocks.

code is still way early at .80

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

With that splitter can you have both games on and it works for both (playing one game at a time)?

You can play multiple pins at same time. I currently use this on my other pins

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You can play multiple pins at same time. I currently use this on my other pins

Nice - do you have a link to the product? I might split a few then instead buying more!

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice - do you have a link to the product? I might split a few then instead buying more!

Post #767 has the link

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

100% tried but the only places to find it were through pinball flippers trying to make thousands off of the sought after pinball machine! I have each elwin game as premium and bought them that way to make my own version of my own LE except IM and Godzilla. Both IM and Zilla have awesome foil art and I'd like to have an LE one day of each but now isn't the time obviously. I appreciate you're open mind in the matter! I was simply saying the arts so AWESOME I'd have to do something Dangerously stupid/dumb/dishonest to get it! Because the lucky few to get the option already did.... along with countless others who've sold their spots here on pinside for a thousand or more added to the already $1400.00 price increase. I love Keiths games and will buy each one sight unseen because I have faith in his amazing ruleset framework and design flow like no other pinball designer in the history of pinball! Im a fan. A big fan. I would never go out of my way to cheat keith or stern from the opportunity at earning my business its frustrating to me that I couldn't get it unless I wanted to pay $12,500 or more. So I made a joke. Im guilty of that yes.

I agree with your approach of buying the premium and upgrading hardware to color of choice. I also include the metal apron, coin door and shooter housing in the batch. Often the LE trim color selected is not the best way to go and by the time you’ve powder coated and added a topper, you’ve spent the same as an LE at MSRP, but you have the superior game. You need a topper to have a complete game imo, so I plan to buy the official topper, unless it turns out badly. You can’t recreate or buy LE cabinet artwork nor backglass, so those are what you are getting for the $1.5k price difference.

As to what color would look best on Godzilla, I couldn’t guess right now. But when someone gets it done right and posts pics of their custom game, you’ll know it is the right color.

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I agree with your approach of buying the premium and upgrading the hardware to color to your choice. I also include the metal apron, coin door and shooter housing in the batch. Often the LE trim color selected is not the best way to go and by the time you’ve added a topper, you’ve spent the same as an LE at MSRP, but now you have the superior game. You need the official topper to have a complete game imo, so I automatically plan to buy one. You can’t recreate or buy LE cabinet artwork nor backglass, so those are what you are really getting for the $1.5k price difference.

Official topper to have a complete game??? Looks like you are part of the topper inflation problem. Piece of plastic for 1k is a joke. Topper should be included in the LE price like CGC MBrLE.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Go to Pinnovators and plug in your games. Buy an outlet (about $35 each) and a splitter (about $85). It's true you can solder onto your cabinet speaker and do this yourself but Pinnovators does it neatly and reversibly. Also the splitter let's you adjust the subwoofer volume individually.

#793 2 years ago

Poor strategy for scoring points. Yes the MB is easy to qualify, but it's more like a booster than an objective of it's own. The easy MB is a common design choice to make the game more approachable for casual or new players. You can easily make the game dance.. but the more advanced play is beyond that.

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Poor strategy for scoring points. Yes the MB is easy to qualify, but it's more like a booster than an objective of it's own. The easy MB is a common design choice to make the game more approachable for casual or new players. You can easily make the game dance.. but the more advanced play is beyond that.

sure but this apply to any game really, including IJ. I hope the MB starts is a bit more difficult in future code.

#795 2 years ago

No leaked pics of Godzilla topper yet?

#796 2 years ago

sure but this apply to any game really, including IJ. I hope the MB starts is a bit more difficult in future code.

So if it applies to all games - why is it a concern for you here?

I mean.. some games GIVE you multiball on ball three for similar reasons... make sure the casual gets to some excitement.

Focus on getting an ally and a monster and then look at MB.

#797 2 years ago

No leaked pics of Godzilla topper yet?

6B86E832-7EDB-4AFF-BCAF-509AD8B4046C (resized).jpeg6B86E832-7EDB-4AFF-BCAF-509AD8B4046C (resized).jpeg
#799 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does the Smart Missile shot on Jurassic Park count?

#800 2 years ago

Wow looks delicious.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ac49519b48aa29ede4bd8de5e62b57ef79dd8ab7-1635178276-1800"};
//]]>

LOL doesn’t it when do the Stern toppers usually come out after a new pin is revealed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 210.00
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,330 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/16?hl=mlarkin78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.