Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,331 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 547.
#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

That knob is magnetic and the good folks at pinavators sells them. I got a cool skull one for my maiden from them. [quoted image]

Same here. Seemed to be a fitting holder for AC/DC. Looks really good.

#8402 2 years ago

outSTANDing. Thanks all for the pin peg info! Will look to pick a few up, those seem very useful!

And Heavyk good luck with the blue!

#8403 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

What’s more amazing to me is that a 4 year old Stern Pro is still beating or keeping up with new pins. Star Wars is a monster license.

I do think people gravitate to the comic book more as its more eye pleasing.

#8405 2 years ago

Just for kicks I went to see a local distributor yesterday, told them I could pick up the game myself so no delivery needed, but they quoted me $300 shipping from Stern to them - is that normal??

$8799.99 + $300 "Factory Freight" -

#8406 2 years ago

I got one. It’s nice but thought it was more $60-70 nice.

#8407 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just for kicks I went to see a local distributor yesterday, told them I could pick up the game myself so no delivery needed, but they quoted me $300 shipping from Stern to them - is that normal??

Normal? Don't know. Does my distrubutor do that? No

#8408 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I’ve never been asked to pay a fee when I picked up nib from distro

#8409 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

some of the price spiking from distros is ridiculous. i've never had that as a line item (but i've never paid over msrp, either).

#8410 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

some of the price spiking from distros is ridiculous. i've never had that as a line item (but i've never paid over msrp, either).

It is like rust proofing and ceramic coating. And the assembly fee.

Motorcycle and automobile industry have been doing add-ons forever. It was just a matter of time…. We are going to need to start asking for out the door pricing when we order!

#8411 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

It is like rust proofing and ceramic coating. And the assembly fee.
Motorcycle and automobile industry have been doing add-ons forever. It was just a matter of time…. We are going to need to start asking for out the door pricing when we order!

i just refuse to do business with the ones who do that...if enough people can, they'll see a hit in their bottom line, and adjust. some offer free shipping (from them to me, obviously), etc., while still being msrp. those are the ones who get my business

#8412 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I got one. It’s nice but thought it was more $60-70 nice.

Yeah, it doesn't look much different there than the one I have that cost $30. I get tgat one is metal but it looks similar.

#8413 2 years ago

Well said.
It’s not a cheap hobby.

Over time, decades etc. A pinhead who buys NIB from distributors is going to spend $$$, hundreds of thousands $.

If a distributor is only interested in selling me 1 or 2 pins and stick me with bs fees. Then so be it. They’ll never have my business again.
If I’m committed, I’ll honor my agreement but won’t buy from them again.

Fool me once…

I have zero tolerance for such dishonesty & greed.

Key is to never accept such nonsense as normal practice. There are A LOT of good pinball distributors and genuinely nice people.
Give Them your business.

For me, it’s not about getting a “deal” on a pin.
I prefer to build lifelong honest relationships.
The piece of mind and overall ease when working with an honest distributor is what I strive to have.

End of my Rant.
;P

Quoted from Muymanwell:

i just refuse to do business with the ones who do that...if enough people can, they'll see a hit in their bottom line, and adjust. some offer free shipping (from them to me, obviously), etc., while still being msrp. those are the ones who get my business

#8414 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

This happened to me on Godzilla LE. I didn't want to make a stink about it because he was doing me a favor by selling me the LE. I would not pay over for a premium though.

#8415 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Stern stopped including them around 2008-2009 (?) when shipping games with very incomplete or barely functional code (hello, Batman '66) meant printed manuals with the menus would be wrong as soon as the first code update shipped. Plus, less work for them means less money spent and more coin in the investor's portfolio.

I get the point about Stern not printing them, but I'm mystified about not posting them online.

#8416 2 years ago

Somebody posted a video of some under cabinet RGB lighting that would sync with the pop bumper colors. I can not find the video or any information on this MOD. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I assume they're also charging sales tax since they are local?

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Somebody posted a video of some under cabinet RGB lighting that would sync with the pop bumper colors. I can not find the video or any information on this MOD. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

You would just have to install a RGB strip and hook it up to the connection of the pop. Not childs play, but if you can pull that stuff off it wouldn't be difficult.

#8419 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Yep, that was me, standby, will update...

Gotfrogs - This was the video, I believe:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/127#post-6712289

This thread was where I had the original guidance, which I ended up modifying (see my last post in the following thread) due to unavailability of some of the parts mentioned:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-original-under-cabinet-lights-for-stern-spike-games#post-6712381

#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I assume they're also charging sales tax since they are local?

Yeah, sales tax is just under $700 -

#8421 2 years ago

I got rolled on my pickup of godzilla. Just had to take the manilla wallop on the chin or wait a year buying from someone else. The NIB and used pin market is crazy. I'm sticking to modding for the foreseeable future and will enjoy what I have. Im tired of the greed by some causing everyone to suffer.

Maybe a trade or two. That's it.

#8422 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I got rolled on my pickup of godzilla. Just had to take the manilla wallop on the chin or wait a year buying from someone else. The NIB and used pin market is crazy. I'm sticking to modding for the foreseeable future and will enjoy what I have. Im tired of the greed by some causing everyone to suffer.
Maybe a trade or two. That's it.

I have a nice AC/DC I'm thinking about trading.

#8423 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

My distro isn't charging me any "factory freight" for my upcoming JP Premium. Plus, the price includes delivery and set-up.

#8424 2 years ago

More towers out going tomorrow

20220308_224508 (resized).jpg20220308_224508 (resized).jpg
#8425 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

My distro isn't charging me any "factory freight" for my upcoming JP Premium. Plus, the price includes delivery and set-up.

Has your distributor heard when the JP will start shipping?

#8426 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

I love this mod

#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I love this mod

49981791-357F-43F9-81B7-300D991CE1C1 (resized).jpeg49981791-357F-43F9-81B7-300D991CE1C1 (resized).jpeg
#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Has your distributor heard when the JP will start shipping?

The last time I talked to them....about two months ago....it was late April, and I haven't heard anything different. I ordered it last July 3 lol.

#8429 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

The last time I talked to them....about two months ago....it was late April, and I haven't heard anything different. I ordered it last July 3 lol.

In addition to my GZ Prem which will be in the March run (if there is a March run) I also have a JP Prem on order which my distro has recently repeated will be in the April run. Given the recent rumors in this forum who knows what the truth is. For what it's worth I have two different distros for those two machines and they are both still sticking to those timeframes.

#8430 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

i really wanted to see this in person before i pulled the trigger on another mod for a game I probably wont get for 6 months but what the hell. Enough people have said they don't block sight of anything.

#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

i really wanted to see this in person before i pulled the trigger on another mod for a game I probably wont get for 6 months but what the hell. Enough people have said they don't block sight of anything.

they block nothing, and look absolutely amazing. the first model had some issue, but those have seemingly been resolved with the updated print. this is probably my favorite overall mod for the machine

#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

In addition to my GZ Prem which will be in the March run (if there is a March run) I also have a JP Prem on order which my distro has recently repeated will be in the April run. Given the recent rumors in this forum who knows what the truth is. For what it's worth I have two different distros for those two machines and they are both still sticking to those timeframes.

Is there sudden concern there won’t be a March run? I just read that the 2nd line is running Premiums, but no way to know if this is accurate

#8433 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is there sudden concern there won’t be a March run? I just read that the 2nd line is running Premiums, but no way to know if this is accurate

There was a post a few days back that suggested that no more Premiums would be built this year due to parts shortages. I'm going to ignore that

#8434 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Just a question, and if its been asked before and answers have been given just point me to the post. Is the premium 2K better then the pro. Don't get me wrong the collapsing build and bridge and mechagodzilla are awesome. I've played the pro many times and love it, but just wasn't sure which one to go after? Thanks in advance for any answers.

With the premium you get:

A neat sinking skyscraper that changes the way the game plays by changing the return path of the ball
Collapsing bridge that is used sparingly but still neat.
Rotating mechagodzilla that changes gameplay.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Highly recommended. About 45 minutes to install, but nothing more technical than a screw driver and plugging in wires. Look great, fits in, and doesn't block anything view-wise. I will admit that after about 100 games an airball knocked off the "Tesla Strike" sign that was on the bottom of the first tower. I could easily glue it back on, but have decided that it looks better without it anyways.

10/10 mod of the year.

#8435 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

tdiddy Towers aren’t on your pinside shop site, are you planning on re-listing them in the future? Not getting my premium for a while but love this mod.

#8436 2 years ago

Is there a magna grab replacement plastic cover available out there? Pinball Life has one for the Pro (see image), but I am trying to find one for the LE. I think the bridge is impacting against it, or maybe it's just from airballs hitting the magna grab, but either way mine is cracking. I've seen several of these onsite that have failed.

Magna Grab (resized).jpgMagna Grab (resized).jpg
#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

tdiddy Towers aren’t on your pinside shop site, are you planning on re-listing them in the future? Not getting my premium for a while but love this mod.

Was just gonna ask the same thing. Not getting my Pro for awhile either, but just curious if these will be available into the summer

#8438 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Is there a magna grab replacement plastic cover available out there? Pinball Life has one for the Pro (see image), but I am trying to find one for the LE. I think the bridge is impacting against it, or maybe it's just from airballs hitting the magna grab, but either way mine is cracking. I've seen several of these onsite that have failed.

Not a replacement plastic, but this metal mod looks like a pretty good solution to me.

Quoted from beltking:

Metal protector under bridge arrived. Change your out now bf it breaks. Hard to get them from stern right now.
[quoted image]

#8439 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Quoted from Bohdi:

Was just gonna ask the same thing. Not getting my Pro for awhile either, but just curious if these will be available into the summer

Pm me

#8440 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Ok thank you. Fingers crossed for both of us.

#8441 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Zero issues and they look awesome. Bought a set before my pro arrived.

#8442 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

There was a post a few days back that suggested that no more Premiums would be built this year due to parts shortages. I'm going to ignore that

Yeah as far as I know, Stern is a couple weeks behind so maybe the March run bleeds into April. This shouldn't impact GZ Premiums. Stern already released a statement that they will be building Mandos, Rush, DP's, and GZ's until August so I'm not sure where this "no GZ premiums until next year" thing came from.

#8443 2 years ago

My Premium is supposed to be July.

#8444 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

[quoted image]

Yes the bridge smashed my Premium till it broke. Got mine replaced under warranty, but still waiting for the Stern "bridge modification kit" they are working on before I install it.

#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:Yes the bridge smashed my Premium till it broke. Got mine replaced under warranty, but still waiting for the Stern "bridge modification kit" they are working on before I install it.

Just pop a washer in there. Fixed.

#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just pop a washer in there. Fixed.

Anyone have pics or details on how to do this? Seems like a good fix ...

#8447 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Not a replacement plastic, but this metal mod looks like a pretty good solution to me.

Anyone have a link to the place that sells the metal bridge protector mod?

#8449 2 years ago

Yeah the bridge metal protector is perfect. Installed last night.

#8450 2 years ago

So I heard Mr Elwin say on a TPN podcast that the goal of the ball release off the building is supposed to hit the very tip of the left flipper to prevent going back up the ramp or building on an instant return and getting a ball stuck, by design .. now I'm wondering if I should add the roof mod

Still don't have my machine yet but how many with a roof diverter mod installed have batted a ball back to a ball trap since installing?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 210.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,331 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/169?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.