Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 547.
#8351 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

only a little bit... (wife knew i was basically guaranteed to buy it once it was rumored):
[quoted image]

Same here. When the Sega Godzilla came out, it was tragic. I figured this would be the machine that did justice to the original. The bonus was the designer and now, I'm hooked on his games.

#8352 2 years ago

Is there anywhere I can print out the menus? The manual has only Standard Adjustments and I'm tired of scrolling.

#8353 2 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Is there anywhere I can print out the menus? The manual has only Standard Adjustments and I'm tired of scrolling.

I think Stern stopped including them around 2008-2009 (?) when shipping games with very incomplete or barely functional code (hello, Batman '66) meant printed manuals with the menus would be wrong as soon as the first code update shipped. Plus, less work for them means less money spent and more coin in the investor's portfolio.

#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Amazing collection!
This has honestly been one of the most surprising things to me regarding this pin. Soooo many mentions of how no-one cares for the theme, I just don't get it? Sure the movies are ridiculous and very much outdated, but how freaking cool are they?!?
I know I'm likely in the minority here, but on theme alone this sells me over Star Wars, Avengers, and (insert rock band name here)

I never liked the Godzilla movies, except the first one with Raymond Burr, because of the cheesy special effects and horrible acting. Now I appreciate and enjoy them for what they are....campy and unintentionally funny!

#8355 2 years ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

Seeing a lot of posts from members saying they weren't into the theme before playing. Any Godzilla fans around here?

PRESENT!

godzilla (resized).pnggodzilla (resized).png

#8356 2 years ago

Seeing a lot of posts from members saying they weren't into the theme before playing. Any Godzilla fans around here? This was a dream theme for me, I couldn't believe Stern were going through with it. They could have taken the license in so many directions, but the one they went with is perfect for pinball!

I was listening to a podcast with Keith Elwin the other day talking about how he wasn’t that into Godzilla before this project, having only watched it as a kid. I was in the same boat but as soon as I saw it I liked the theme. I bought one about a month ago ( my first pin, so I’m no expert) but as soon as i played it I LOVED the theme and the integration of the video clips, sounds/music, lights, and design are incredibly well done. I think the old campy Godzilla fits perfectly with the game.

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

to be fair, if you go back earlier in the thread, there were a lot of us saying this was a dream of pin+theme. I think the more recent comments have been from folks that weren't drawn in to buy right away by the theme, and therefor wouldn't have gotten in on the first waves, and just now would be ordering/getting the machines. So it seems like there's more folks that aren't into the theme than is actually the case.

I wonder if Chuck from Spooky Pinball ended up getting a Godzilla? He (and Bug) are the biggest Godzilla fans around. I remember that a lot of folks (including myself) were disappointed that Stern swiped their dream theme from under them which seemed like a dick move at the time. At least Keith and his team did the theme justice and made one of the best pins of all time. I'm sure a Spooky Godzilla would have been great as well given their passion for the theme, but it would be hard if not impossible to top Stern's effort.

#8358 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm sure a Spooky Godzilla would have been great as well given their passion for the theme

Coming off Rick and Morty I think everyone thought that.

Now? I'm not so sure. They burned a lot of goodwill fast and are still in a deep, deep hole hubris dug them with Ultraman/Halloween.

#8359 2 years ago

The way they approached the theme makes it relatable for anyone, fan or not. It thematically reminds me of BM66 and MB in a way, where it takes something old and campy and makes it cool. Only pinball can pull that off so well.

#8360 2 years ago

Just wanted to give a big shout and thanks to joelbob for his fantastic interview with Keith. They not only went into detail on every part of this game but even touched upon AIQ which I though was cool. Give it a listen and you’ll learn a ton. And we finally get our answers on the building MB, flipper angles, PF slope, and Keith’s love for Scoops!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-pinball-network/id1497645647?i=1000552849809

#8361 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wonder if Chuck from Spooky Pinball ended up getting a Godzilla? He (and Bug) are the biggest Godzilla fans around. I remember that a lot of folks (including myself) were disappointed that Stern swiped their dream theme from under them which seemed like a dick move at the time. At least Keith and his team did the theme justice and made one of the best pins of all time. I'm sure a Spooky Godzilla would have been great as well given their passion for the theme, but it would be hard if not impossible to top Stern's effort.

I’m so happy Spooky didn’t get the Godzilla theme. I found out first hand how bad Ultraman was. Fastest game through my house and sold at the biggest loss. I was still smiling ear to ear when it left.

Godzilla is a damn masterpiece. It’s so good, I’ve gone and bought all of Keith’s games back. I had a maiden and JP before. Never owned AIQ. Now I have all of them back again, in premium form. JP is coming next month and the Elwin lineup is complete. The man is a pinball genius! Even if his flippers are floppy.

#8362 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Just wanted to give a big shout and thanks to joelbob for his fantastic interview with Keith. They not only went into detail on every part of this game but even touched upon AIQ which I though was cool. Give it a listen and you’ll learn a ton. And we finally get our answers on the building MB, flipper angles, PF slope, and Keith’s love for Scoops!
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-pinball-network/id1497645647?i=1000552849809

I listened to this as well. Very good interview. I like how he even talked about his flipper positioning and how he basically loses sleep over their alignment. I admire someone who swears the small details. I’m the same way.

#8363 2 years ago

Seeing a lot of posts from members saying they weren't into the theme before playing. Any Godzilla fans around here? This was a dream theme for me, I couldn't believe Stern were going through with it. They could have taken the license in so many directions, but the one they went with is perfect for pinball!

Yeah, I'm a pretty big Godzilla fan since I was a kid and I was going to be in on theme alone. When I found out Elwin was designing it, it was a no-brainer since I love AIQ!

Ordered a Premium the day the first pre-release video was shown and still waiting... hopefully this month!

#8364 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

to be fair, if you go back earlier in the thread, there were a lot of us saying this was a dream of pin+theme. I think the more recent comments have been from folks that weren't drawn in to buy right away by the theme, and therefor wouldn't have gotten in on the first waves, and just now would be ordering/getting the machines. So it seems like there's more folks that aren't into the theme than is actually the case.

The theme is definitely not what drew me in. I like the theme just fine. I had Godzilla toys as a kid and I have watched the movies over the years. But I'm a very casual fan at best.

I actually went to a location specifically to play Rush. I love the band/theme but the gameplay was good, not amazing. The second game I tried was Led Zeppelin. Another dream theme but I really didn't care for the gameplay. Then a friend suggested that I try out Godzilla. After the first game I was hooked. Amazing shots, rules, and theme integration! Elwin and team crushed it out of the park!

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

Decided to add a video to show the problem. It just seems the mech doesn't go all the way down to lift the bar even when I push it down and have adjusted the bias to be as low as possible.

Anyone seen this and can offer help to fix?

If you go to some earlier posts, another pinsider had an issue with his building not going to bottom. Their is a switch their, as PinMonk showed, and you may have something restricting the final travel distance. This group has seen rivets breaking off in this building mechanism, blue rubber falling out, wires catching, so be aware of any obstructions. Flip that playfied up and show us that underside.

#8366 2 years ago

I used to run home from school for Monster Week on the 4:30 Movie to watch Godzilla. I wasn't interested when it was announced as the next game, figuring they'd go with the chunky version in the modern movies, but when I saw it was MY Godzilla, with all those old clips from the 60s and 70s, I pulled the trigger on a Premium. It will be our 2nd NIB game ever. Unfortunately I ordered 4 days after release and won't see the game til fall. I'll just keep adding to the pile of mods I have going already.

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Quoted from NightTrain:

I listened to this as well. Very good interview. I like how he even talked about his flipper positioning and how he basically loses sleep over their alignment. I admire someone who swears the small details. I’m the same way.

Thank you guys! Really enjoyed recording it. It blew me away his attention to every detail of the game but that probably explains why it came out so great.

#8368 2 years ago

Quick question everyone, I'm currently looking at building a lighted shooter plate for Godzilla (while I wait for mine), like the stern ones that Jurassic Park and Stranger things had in their shooter kits. What color LEDs would you think go good? Also, if interested I could make a couple if people are interested. The goal is to make them look just like the stern ones.

#8369 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Quick question everyone, I'm currently looking at building a lighted shooter plate for Godzilla (while I wait for mine), like the stern ones that Jurassic Park and Stranger things had in their shooter kits. What color LEDs would you think go good? Also, if interested I could make a couple if people are interested. The goal is to make them look just like the stern ones.

blue would match cabinet color theme and godzilla's flame. green would fit, as well.

#8370 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

blue would match cabinet color theme and godzilla's flame. green would fit, as well.

I've got blue on mine... Will send a pic later tonight if you'd like to get a sense of how it would look...

#8371 2 years ago

Does anyone have a good idea of hen March run premiums will be shipping out? Thanks!

#8372 2 years ago

I never understood why stern doesn’t create the topper the same time as pin so when released it doesn’t take forever to come out. Mando still nothing. They have the rods and stuff designed when game comes out. Really need a topper sooner than later.

#8373 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I never understood why stern doesn’t create the topper the same time as pin so when released it doesn’t take forever to come out. Mando still nothing. They have the rods and stuff designed when game comes out. Really need a topper sooner than later.

67r1xo (resized).jpeg67r1xo (resized).jpeg

#8374 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I've got blue on mine... Will send a pic later tonight if you'd like to get a sense of how it would look...

Yeah I would like to see it with blue.

#8375 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Correct me if I am wrong, but he said towards the end of the interview that his next game will be announced around the same time Godzilla 1.0 code is released? Hmmmm..... Let the speculation begin (well, continue!).

It was a really great interview - and provided great insight into the game. Worth tuning in!

#8376 2 years ago

Absolute dream theme for me as well. I still haven't even played one yet, but mine will be here in the summer. Theme alone was enough for me. Watched some gameplay online, and was like, yeah, GOTTA have it. Be more than worth the wait

#8377 2 years ago

This is my first Stern pin ever. I tried upgrading a few of the flasher LEDs. They will not work in this machine?

#8378 2 years ago

This, Stern will always try and squeeze out as much money from people as possible.

#8379 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

This is my first Stern pin ever. I tried upgrading a few of the flasher LEDs. They will not work in this machine?

Stern Spike games use 5V for GI & insert lighting. So if you use a 6.3V bulb, it will work fine. However if you're putting a 13V flasher in a spike game spotlight, that bulb won't work. You need these...

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/8smd-spike-5v-flashers

#8380 2 years ago

Metal protector under bridge arrived. Change your out now bf it breaks. Hard to get them from stern right now.

3726CBEA-E391-4FAA-9259-8F25BE4C81C8 (resized).jpeg3726CBEA-E391-4FAA-9259-8F25BE4C81C8 (resized).jpeg
#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Metal protector under bridge arrived. Change your out now bf it breaks. Hard to get them from stern right now.
[quoted image]

Is that a stock part in the game, or an "upgrade" ? I'm curious if Stern is including them in the March run

#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Where you get that?

#8383 2 years ago

Just put a washer in between the coil stop and plunger for that mech. It will limit the travel so it can’t even hit the plastic. Way cheaper.

#8384 2 years ago

Behold coinmecagodzilla

Michael, from Inscribed Solutions worked with me to get the layout cut for folks who have the pinavators headphone jack like me.

20220307_160352 (resized).jpg20220307_160352 (resized).jpg20220307_160459 (resized).jpg20220307_160459 (resized).jpg
#8386 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Behold coinmecagodzilla
Michael, from Inscribed Solutions worked with me to get the layout cut for folks who have the pinavators headphone jack like me.[quoted image][quoted image]

That is outSTANDing news. My Pinnovators setup was the one reason why I had given up on getting one of these... Thanks kindly for helping to get this set up!

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just put a washer in between the coil stop and plunger for that mech. It will limit the travel so it can’t even hit the plastic. Way cheaper.

Have you done this ?sounds logical

#8388 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Behold coinmecagodzilla
Michael, from Inscribed Solutions worked with me to get the layout cut for folks who have the pinavators headphone jack like me.[quoted image][quoted image]

I need this - very much so. Do you have details?? Looks fantastic.

#8390 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Thank you guys! Really enjoyed recording it. It blew me away his attention to every detail of the game but that probably explains why it came out so great.

Absolutely fantastic listen. This should be required for all owners/wanna be owners of GZ.

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

That is outSTANDing news. My Pinnovators setup was the one reason why I had given up on getting one of these... Thanks kindly for helping to get this set up!

Happy to help. We emailed test templates back and forth for a while to get it just right. Fits like a glove now. The guy was really cool about it and really wanted to help me. I took pics of my machine for him.

If you need the version of the pinavators holes cut then message the seller. He is very responsive.

Enjoy guys.

#8392 2 years ago

Nice addition. Chrome candy.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8393 2 years ago

Love the theme.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Behold coinmecagodzilla

This looks amazing and the cutout for the Pinnovators jacks fit perfectly. For anyone wanting to order with the Pinnovators cutout please be sure to message me after placing your order to let me know you need this additional cutout. We look forward to getting more Coin Doors on your games!!!

Thanks!
Inscribed Solutions
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1337-inscribed-solutions

#8395 2 years ago

For anyone wanting to order with the Pinnovators cutout please be sure to message me after placing your order to let me know you need this additional cutout. We look forward to getting more Coin Doors on your games!!!

Thanks!
Inscribed Solutions

#8396 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Yeah I would like to see it with blue.

20220307_205554 (resized).jpg20220307_205554 (resized).jpg

A little brighter...
20220307_205759 (resized).jpg20220307_205759 (resized).jpg

Wider view:
20220307_210701 (resized).jpg20220307_210701 (resized).jpg

#8397 2 years ago
Quoted from rimmeym:

For anyone wanting to order with the Pinnovators cutout please be sure to message me after placing your order to let me know you need this additional cutout. We look forward to getting more Coin Doors on your games!!!
Thanks!
Inscribed Solutions

rimmeym Just to confirm... The headsphones knob circled in green, and pointed at by the arrow...

digitaldocc's awesome beastdigitaldocc's awesome beast

...is NOT part of Pinnovators door, and is therefore NOT part of the cutout, correct?

Just want to confirm...

(Cool headphones holder, by the way, digitaldocc . I've been using a Pincup, but I like your minimalist approach. Is that magnetic??)

#8398 2 years ago

jonnyqtrek thanks for the pictures, I like the blue. The one I'm building will look just like the stern ones but will have the two LEDs in it. Hopefully in the next week or two I'll have some pictures to see what everyone thinks.

#8399 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

rimmeym Just to confirm... The headsphones knob circled in green, and pointed at by the arrow...
[quoted image]
...is NOT part of Pinnovators door, and is therefore NOT part of the cutout, correct?
Just want to confirm...
(Cool headphones holder, by the way, digitaldocc . I've been using a Pincup, but I like your minimalist approach. Is that magnetic??)

Thats the magnetic "PinPeg" also sold by pinnovators.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/pinnovators-pinpeg

#8400 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]
Just want to confirm...

That knob is magnetic and the good folks at pinavators sells them. I got a cool skull one for my maiden from them.

20220307_220726 (resized).jpg20220307_220726 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/168?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.