IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 547.
#8251 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks like flipper bushings are the new coil sops.
This is like the 3rd time of late I’ve seen this on new sterns. Bushings breaking in the first few months of play.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I don't know much about nylon as a material (are there strength grades?), but these newer ones from Stern seem crappier somehow. The B/W ones were darn near indestructible, but getting more Sterns where the neck breaks on the flipper bushing like your picture. Great. <sigh>

#8252 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I don't know much about nylon as a material (are there strength grades?), but these newer ones from Stern seem crappier somehow. The B/W ones were darn near indestructible, but getting more Sterns where the neck breaks on the flipper bushing like your picture. Great. <sigh>

Are the B/W ones compatible with Stern flippers? I just rebuilt the flippers in my NGG and I held onto the original B/W bushings. They could come in as handy spares once my new Sterns start to arrive.

#8253 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Are the B/W ones compatible with Stern flippers? I just rebuilt the flippers in my NGG and I held onto the original B/W bushings. They could come in as handy spares once my new Sterns start to arrive.

Dunno offhand since I don't have any B/W to compare them to right now. Likely not, but maybe someone can chime in that can direct compare.

#8254 2 years ago

Hey guys, I had an amazing opportunity to interview Keith Elwin about his overall design process on this game. Feel free to give it a listen!

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 33: Godzilla Deep Dive with Keith Elwin

Host: Joel Engelberth

Special Guest: Keith Elwin, Stern Pinball Senior Designer

In this episode we go into Keith's design process from start to finish on Godzilla. Designing the shots, layout, and mechs used in this incredible title.
A special thanks to Keith Elwin and to Stern Pinball for the time taken for us fellow pinball enthusiasts.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4896j-11c0df3

#8255 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a stellar wars project I bought and the coil sleeves and bushings still look great outside of carbon buildup. Don’t even need to replace them but they are cheap enough to buy so a no brainer to replace them.

#8256 2 years ago

Nice touch lior!

103451A3-91A6-49FB-B1B9-3E9EA606A5BB (resized).jpeg103451A3-91A6-49FB-B1B9-3E9EA606A5BB (resized).jpeg55DF0E60-9BAE-4570-AF29-2FED1CEB37C4 (resized).jpeg55DF0E60-9BAE-4570-AF29-2FED1CEB37C4 (resized).jpeg
#8257 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno offhand since I don't have any B/W to compare them to right now. Likely not, but maybe someone can chime in that can direct compare.

They are different.

But hopefully the supply at vendors like Marco and PBL aren't from Stern itself.

Prior ones would basically last forever in a home environment and at least a few flipper rebuild cycles onsite. Now.. they are breaking in a few thousand plays.

At least I was able to swap them out without having to pull the coil, etc.

#8258 2 years ago

I'm not sure who it was, but about 100 pages ago, someone here posted a pretty funny b&w line graph showing score progression as a player learns a new game. (I remember "Cool Shots" was a spike in the graph at the beginning.)

If anyone has this image, could I trouble you to repost it? I've been kicking myself for not showing it to my kids when I had it readily available...

#8259 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm not sure who it was, but about 100 pages ago, someone here posted a pretty funny b&w line graph showing score progression as a player learns a new game. (I remember "Cool Shots" was a spike in the graph at the beginning.)
If anyone has this image, could I trouble you to repost it? I've been kicking myself for not showing it to my kids when I had it readily available...

75F960B7-A315-4FBE-BBEA-22C06F75F347 (resized).jpeg75F960B7-A315-4FBE-BBEA-22C06F75F347 (resized).jpeg
#8260 2 years ago

What’s everyone’s best Hedorah so far? Just had one for like 260-275 million. Super satisfying to see that collect grow and grow.

#8261 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s everyone’s best Hedorah so far? Just had one for like 260-275 million. Super satisfying to see that collect grow and grow.

I had a really long ball and managed 380MM. I love the Hedorah mode.

#8262 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I had a really long ball and managed 380MM. I love the Hedorah mode.

The sound effect for collecting the shot is so good too.

#8263 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The sound effect for collecting the shot is so good too.

We’re not allowed to compare scores in our family… or weights… apparently takes the fun out of it or so I’m told.

#8264 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

799 Millions out of a 5.5 M game.
this game is amazing !

#8265 2 years ago

I was just told by my distributor no Premiums shipping til fall 2022.

#8266 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

OutSTANDing, thank you!!

#8267 2 years ago

I thought by dropping a new release this year Stern was working on backlog. This info seems to be at odds with that. I thought I saw somewhere there was going to be 3 runs of Godzilla before the fall.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

I was just told by my distributor no Premiums shipping til fall 2022.

#8268 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I thought by dropping a new release this year Stern was working on backlog. This info seems to be at odds with that. I thought I saw somewhere there was going to be 3 runs of Godzilla before the fall.

The backups are from part shortages. They could stop making new games for 2 years and still trickle games out due to part shortages.

#8269 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I heard there was a run scheduled for March, that's why I emailed him. Put my order in on day 4 after game release and was told I may be on tail end of the March run.

Maybe I can get one thru a different distributor.

#8270 2 years ago

Was just told by my distributor that they are 2 weeks behind, but godzilla is being done before avengers, so end of the month for my pro.

#8271 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Was just told by my distributor that they are 2 weeks behind, but godzilla is being done before avengers, so end of the month for my pro.

Wonder if it's just the Premiums that are behind.

#8272 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

89C419B5-8513-4504-8A2C-42E08235DADB (resized).jpeg89C419B5-8513-4504-8A2C-42E08235DADB (resized).jpeg
#8273 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I'm also in for a Pro in March.

If I remember, when talking to my distributor, he was mentioning premiums were available a few months after the pro. Who know of this will hold up, but maybe some good news for us pro hopefuls?

#8274 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Wonder if it's just the Premiums that are behind.

My distro emailed me yesterday. Said I'm probably in the next premium run and they should know within the coming weeks for that timeframe possibly March / April.. thinks I'll get it before August regardless

#8275 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I heard there was a run scheduled for March, that's why I emailed him. Put my order in on day 4 after game release and was told I may be on tail end of the March run.
Maybe I can get one thru a different distributor.

I ordered my Premium in January and was told fall 2022. I was told there are runs planned in the spring and summer as well, just that I won’t necessarily make that cut unless his allocation is increased…

Edit: With the recent release from Stern I’m willing to bet that plans are still being finalized.

#8276 2 years ago

2nd run of premiums are still scheduled for March from what I heard, they are just a couple weeks behind due to part shortages. I've been waiting 7 months as I ordered when the day 1 teaser video was dropped.

#8277 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

2nd run of premiums are still scheduled for March from what I heard, they are just a couple weeks behind due to part shortages. I've been waiting 7 months as I ordered when the day 1 teaser video was dropped.

I’m with ya brother! If it gets pushed back…….I…..I might cry……again

#8278 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Fingers crossed we are getting close!

It's killing me to keep reading this thread and waiting since pre-reveal for my Premium.

Can't wait to get it and start learning it!

#8279 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Fingers crossed we are getting close!
It's killing me to keep reading this thread and waiting since pre-reveal for my Premium.
Can't wait to get it and start learning it!

SAME! I'm only in the run for a Pro in March, and I still find myself checking email multiple times a day.

#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’ve had the Premium on order since October 29, delivery has been pushed back a few times but my distributor says I’m definitely in for March. Can’t wait!

#8281 2 years ago

Was playing the other night with friends and when I got the scoop for a battle a goat came out instead of an alien. Has anyone else seen this? I've played this game a lot and have never seen that before.

#8282 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Was playing the other night with friends and when I got the scoop for a battle a goat came out instead of an alien. Has anyone else seen this? I've played this game a lot and have never seen that before.

Been seen around. A few streams recorded it, too. I think they were added in the last update.

#8283 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Been seen around. A few streams recorded it, too. I think they were added in the last update.

That's Cool! I can't think of any "Easter Eggs" in AIQ and I've been all through that game many times.

#8284 2 years ago

I ordered my premium in mid October. Hopefully I get it this month like I was told.

#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Why Does my Godzilla LE have some cheap recycled lockdown bar ?
It has rust !!!!
Can’t be more disappointed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lots of games have that rust in the same spot. at least 4 of my LE games have it, it is not a big deal.

#8286 2 years ago

Played this LE in Gatlinburg, TN tonight. Epic game just from the few games I played. Super smooth and super engaging. I was going to order a NIB Jurassic Park but I’m going to have to spend more time on Godzilla before I make up my mind. Only thing that sucked was the Insider Connected QR reader wasn’t reading my QR. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or if it’s not active on this particular game.

F198E1DA-E6EA-4DA3-9909-BD306CF2B8AC (resized).jpegF198E1DA-E6EA-4DA3-9909-BD306CF2B8AC (resized).jpeg
#8287 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Played this LE in Gatlinburg, TN tonight. Epic game just from the few games I played. Super smooth and super engaging. I was going to order a NIB Jurassic Park but I’m going to have to spend more time on Godzilla before I make up my mind. Only thing that sucked was the Insider Connected QR reader wasn’t reading my QR. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or if it’s not active on this particular game.
[quoted image]

Awesome! You visiting Tennessee I take it? I’m super close to the museum in Gberg but haven’t
Visited in a couple years. I’m in Knoxville. We are headed to Pigeon Forge in the morning for breakfast. May have to get the fam to visit the museum. Lol
I’m enjoying my premium. It’s definitely bolted forever. I am however thinking of selling AIQ or Stranger Things to fund a JP premium. Solid game, but IMO is just barely beat out by Godzilla.

#8288 2 years ago

I wasn’t interested at all in this theme.
Think it was the stupid films recently released that put me off.
Anyway, found an LE on location in UK - hard to believe that would happen but anyway.
What a machine…. buttery smooth, campy fun, toys, lights, great use of shaker, art, call outs, music, sounds…those wire forms … it has it all.
I actually went in to play Deadpool which was great but nothing compared to this.
Never knew they based this on the original themes.
Well done Elwin and Stern Team it’s a masterpiece.
8C137C58-06AC-40FB-BC42-21E33BEC38E1 (resized).jpeg8C137C58-06AC-40FB-BC42-21E33BEC38E1 (resized).jpeg

#8289 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

799 Millions out of a 5.5 M game.
this game is amazing !

Am I missing something on Hedorah, I feel like I hit a ton of shots on 1 ball and I think my highest is like 60mil? Is there something beyond just hitting his lit shots?

#8290 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Since we are in the business of magnetism - I wanted to take a moment to talk a little about magnetism and balls...lots of information around this topic - and a lot more misinformation...
Simply stated Ball Baron's Polaris balls should prove more resistant to magnetism than anything else I've seen -so far (and that can change).
I use the word resistant because invariably - depending on the magnetic sources in the pin - balls can/will become magnetized - thus demagnetizing them or replacing them will always be a facet of maintenance. Now I say this because data/specs are key...the reality is that both BC Precision and Ball Baron's 'chromium, high-sheen, ninja' balls are 52100 steel - that's it - there is nothing more to differentiate other than grade of shine....however, BC Precisions 'carbon' balls are 1010 it would seem...actually 1010 has very little carbon compared to 52100. And this leads to the discussion of high carbon - there is more carbon (and other less magnetic metals) in 52100 than 1010...so high carbon can be a misnomer as 52100 is high carbon. But the Polaris is different....it is CA-2 - now that probably can't obtain the sheen of 52100 BUT it has just as much carbon and even more chromium and molybdenum in it than 52100 - making it compositionally less magnetic. So what's the difference. Here is where it comes down to hardness - well, both are around mid-60's on the Rockwell scale...so that's similar...but where the real difference is is the hardening process....the 52100 is hardened all the way through...the CA-2 is surface hardened. This leaves the core of the Polaris 'soft' with big cubic structure making it less apt to stay magnetic - but it is not magnetic proof.
The takeaway is knowing how the pinballs were hardened and the AISI or similar identification of steel - without that information - high carbon or magnetic resistance and all of that are just words - you have to look at the data.
So just some thoughts, I'm sure there are some metallurgists out there or similar that will dispute this and the debate will rage on forever - but that's how I approach my pinballs.....look at the data - then make the decision. In the end they are just pinballs - and they all work in our pins....
Matt
M&M Creations

Maybe a little "older" topic, but I wanted to remind some older posts for those considering Chrome vs. Carbon that there is a bigger trade-off between Carbons and Chrome, other than shininess. Carbon balls are heavier than Chrome (chromes are 2.8 oz ~= 80 grams and carbons are 2.9 oz ~= 81 grams.) It may not look much, but I found this game becomes significantly slower with carbon, IMHO. After a couple of months playing with original chromes and getting some decent high scores, I tried a set of Polaris and my game went completely downhill. The right ramp became very difficult, the left ramp impossible, very hard to hit a clean building shot, ufo bumper sending balls down out lanes, etc. Very frustrating... All my shots were way off in aim and strength. I'd have to recalibrate myself and possibly the flipper power to make this a fun game again. After a good dozen or so games I realized I prefer the faster game with lighter chrome balls and switched back to chrome. I'll probably be buying bulk chrome and change them on a schedule. If new balls will become more frequent regular maintenance, like waxing or putting gas in the car, so be it... The more important thing is to have fun with the game and play the way you like it.

#8291 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Hey guys, I had an amazing opportunity to interview Keith Elwin about his overall design process on this game. Feel free to give it a listen!
In this episode we go into Keith's design process from start to finish on Godzilla. Designing the shots, layout, and mechs used in this incredible title.
A special thanks to Keith Elwin and to Stern Pinball for the time taken for us fellow pinball enthusiasts.

Listened yesterday - great podcast!

#8292 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

There's a setting to change the percentage of how often it shows up. I turned mine up a little and saw the goat last night. I was expecting it to scream like a Zach Meny episode but it did not.

#8293 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Maybe a little "older" topic, but I wanted to remind some older posts for those considering Chrome vs. Carbon that there is a bigger trade-off between Carbons and Chrome, other than shininess. Carbon balls are heavier than Chrome (chromes are 2.8 oz ~= 80 grams and carbons are 2.9 oz ~= 81 grams.) It may not look much, but I found this game becomes significantly slower with carbon, IMHO. After a couple of months playing with original chromes and getting some decent high scores, I tried a set of Polaris and my game went completely downhill. The right ramp became very difficult, the left ramp impossible, very hard to hit a clean building shot, ufo bumper sending balls down out lanes, etc. Very frustrating... All my shots were way off in aim and strength. I'd have to recalibrate myself and possibly the flipper power to make this a fun game again. After a good dozen or so games I realized I prefer the faster game with lighter chrome balls and switched back to chrome. I'll probably be buying bulk chrome and change them on a schedule. If new balls will become more frequent regular maintenance, like waxing or putting gas in the car, so be it... The more important thing is to have fun with the game and play the way you like it.

Are the balls that come with the machine carbon? I got some "Super Shiny" ones from Titan...assuming they are chrome. Thanks.

#8294 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Are the balls that come with the machine carbon? I got some "Super Shiny" ones from Titan...assuming they are chrome. Thanks.

Original Stern's are chrome, lighter side and play faster (they may be slightly lighter density than high end chrome, but I don't know for sure); The "Super Shiny" from Titan I think it's their equivalent to Ninja pinballs, which are chrome.

#8295 2 years ago

Was playing some today and had my first real issue I've noticed. My building will come down for Godzilla Multiball but the bar on the roof holding the balls in place won't lift high enough to release them. Then it'll return to original position and ball search, lower the building again and without fail the second attempt releases them correctly. Went into service menu and tested (there is a ball stuck there currently) but when I go to the 4th floor in the tests the bar just doesn't raise high enough to let the ball out.

Anyone seen this and have a fix?

#8296 2 years ago

I’ve been using these balls forever and have never had any issues. They are very shiny and don’t hold magnetism.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

#8297 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Nice job. Listened to it on Friday. Thank you.

#8298 2 years ago

Well, pulled the trigger on a premium, now just have to wait for my July build.

Played it in several locations, big fan of the theme, first NIB machine

#8299 2 years ago

This game was never on my radar - I'm not a Godzilla fan - but when I first played the Premium, I was hooked! So much so that I placed an order and am supposed to get it in summer, my first NiB. So am I in the club now or do I have to wait to receive it?

#8300 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

This game was never on my radar - I'm not a Godzilla fan - but when I first played the Premium, I was hooked! So much so that I placed an order and am supposed to get it in summer, my first NiB. So am I in the club now or do I have to wait to receive it?

I say once its on order you are in the club! Welcome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.