IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 544.
#8201 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Some of us even think the Pro plays better than the premium.

I am one of those. Played an LE and went with a pro. Tricked out my pro and still saved a bunch of money over premium cost.I couldn’t justify near $9k when I got a pro NIB for $6600 delivered.

#8202 2 years ago

My son thinks the pro is easier to shoot than the premium. I am enjoying the hell out of the pro but still cannot decided if I will keep it or the premium when it shows up. I am sucker for the bridge and building.

#8203 2 years ago

installed the little shop of games ufo mod and this this is better in person since pictures doesn’t do it justice. Excellent work fellas.

EA009202-501E-4A6D-924D-25219A6D63F5 (resized).jpegEA009202-501E-4A6D-924D-25219A6D63F5 (resized).jpeg
#8204 2 years ago

Definitely recommend this for any Premium or LE owner.

A090EEEE-AE1F-4717-BC8E-B340707EA00B (resized).jpegA090EEEE-AE1F-4717-BC8E-B340707EA00B (resized).jpeg366CB816-2938-49A6-8395-4DBAB010F246 (resized).jpeg366CB816-2938-49A6-8395-4DBAB010F246 (resized).jpeg56E4B0A4-22DD-49CA-A275-4B3DCAC5F938 (resized).jpeg56E4B0A4-22DD-49CA-A275-4B3DCAC5F938 (resized).jpeg
#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Definitely recommend this for any Premium or LE owner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the Stern fix? Or who is making those?

#8206 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Definitely recommend this for any Premium or LE owner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome, the one thing I would do is back it with a colored gel sheet cut to shape and then double side tape mount it from the bottom of course. Maybe red or blue.

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Is that the Stern fix? Or who is making those?

Chrome Candy makes it.

#8208 2 years ago

I've returned to my quest to firm up my flippers. I already changed the coil stops and now have replacement coil sleeves. I also have a tool for bending the flipper leaf switches. However, I am not clear on what I should try to get them to look like through bending (assuming mine don't already look like that).

Can people who love the strength and reliability of their flippers (particularly the upper one, which for me seems to regularly crap out) take and share a picture of what their leafs look like? Thanks!

#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Can people who love the strength and reliability of their flippers ... take and share a picture of what their leafs look like?

I doubt you'll get much from a picture, the leafs will be bent a little different from machine to machine.

The best thing to do is go into the switch test, and adjust the EOS for each flipper to where it goes off right when the flipper has been pushed all the way up. That will ensure it doesn't crap out early and lose power on the shot.

I did this on mine, and it made a huge difference. There was almost a quarter inch of play left after the EOS went off when I first got it. After that, it was a lot snappier and the ramps were more reliable shots.

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Yes. I own an LE and have played a bunch on the Pro. The added stuff on the playfield is awesome. The bridge, building, rotatating targets, Mechagodzilla magnet as well as the mecha and Godzilla 3d sculpts. All great stuff that really add to the game. Not to mention the cool translight. I might by the translite to have in my pinball room.

Same here...also have an LE and have played the Pro. All the extra stuff on the LE/Premium was well worth it for me. But the biggest turn off on the Pro for me is the chintzy looking standups of Mecha and Godzilla. The first time I walked up to a Pro, they looked like cardboard cut outs or something....(JMO).

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

ebay.com link: Japan JASDF Blue Impluse 1st Gen Air Show Team F 86 Sabre Jet Fighter SET S62 x3
If anyone's looking,,

Thanks @hayfarmer. It only took about 1.5 hours of cutting and shaping and sanding and painting and gluing a clothes hanger to mount them.

5812383B-FBDE-49E1-81A7-D9A2C8C048D1 (resized).jpeg5812383B-FBDE-49E1-81A7-D9A2C8C048D1 (resized).jpeg
#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Same here...also have an LE and have played the Pro. All the extra stuff on the LE/Premium was well worth it for me. But the biggest turn off on the Pro for me is the chintzy looking standups of Mecha and Godzilla. The first time I walked up to a Pro, they looked like cardboard cut outs or something....(JMO).

Those are easy and inexpensive to swap out. No one should have to live with those standups.

20220226_141828 (resized).jpg20220226_141828 (resized).jpg
#8214 2 years ago

I doubt you'll get much from a picture, the leafs will be bent a little different from machine to machine.
The best thing to do is go into the switch test, and adjust the EOS for each flipper to where it goes off right when the flipper has been pushed all the way up. That will ensure it doesn't crap out early and lose power on the shot.
I did this on mine, and it made a huge difference. There was almost a quarter inch of play left after the EOS went off when I first got it. After that, it was a lot snappier and the ramps were more reliable shots.

Thanks. Will give it a shot and return if it turns out I don't understand what this means.

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

The Mecha figure/bash toy is cool, but you really need to swap out the GZ figure on the Premium as well - such a horrible figure from Stern.

Either way, I kinda see that as part of the fun, and the Pro has some great modding opportunities so far.

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks Hayfarmer. It only took about 1.5 hours of cutting and shaping and sanding and painting and gluing a clothes hanger to mount them. [quoted image]

Mine still haven't showed up!!!!! Must be on the same mule team that's hauling Rush le here

#8217 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I remember when I could get a Shadow for around $1000 when it was out of favor for a decade or so. Those days are gone.

I passed on so many shadows and BSD thinking they would always be cheap. Alas I’ve owned neither but love both.

#8218 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Those are easy and inexpensive to swap out. No one should have to live with those standups.
[quoted image]

MikeS where do you get the figures?

#8219 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

The Mechagodzilla figures are around $40 on Ebay and I bought the Godzilla from Sleal16 which is a perfect match for the game's artwork. His saucer mod is also a must buy!

ebay.com link: Mechagodzilla Godzilla 6 Kaiju Action Figure 2009 Silver Toho

#8220 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The Mechagodzilla figures are around $40 on Ebay and I bought the Godzilla from Sleal16 which is a perfect match for the game's artwork. His saucer mod is also a must buy!

How do I find Sleal16 I can't seem to find him and his mods?

#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

How do I find Sleal16 I can't seem to find him and his mods?

I'm here! I'm catching up on UFO requests at the moment so updates to the other projects might be sluggish here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-mods

#8222 2 years ago

OK @splickety_lit, I have confirmed I don't understand what this means. I went into the switch test and sit there flipping and stage flipping and see the EOS switch register (as well as the left flipper button switch registering separately when stage flipping) on the screen when I do. However, I'm not clear how to assess for the EOS whether "it goes off right when the flipper has been pushed all the way up" or not.

Also not clear what "a quarter inch of play left after the EOS went off" would look/feel like versus when there isn't any play.

Can you (or anyone) explain in a more detailed for someone who's never owned a machine before to understand it way?

#8223 2 years ago

OK splickety_lit, I have confirmed I don't understand what this means. I went into the switch test and sit there flipping and stage flipping and see the EOS switch register (as well as the left flipper button switch registering separately when stage flipping) on the screen when I do. However, I'm not clear how to assess for the EOS whether "it goes off right when the flipper has been pushed all the way up" or not.
Also not clear what "a quarter inch of play left after the EOS went off" would look/feel like versus when there isn't any play.
Can you (or anyone) explain in a more detailed for someone who's never owned a machine before to understand it way?

You have to operate the flipper manually without using the flipper buttons to see when the EOS triggers relative to where the flipper is in the stroke. So go into switch test and manually move the flipper up and note when the EOS goes off and then how much of the stroke is left before it is maxed out. You want the End of Stroke to trigger when the flipper is as close to the actual end of stroke as possible.

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks Hayfarmer. It only took about 1.5 hours of cutting and shaping and sanding and painting and gluing a clothes hanger to mount them. [quoted image]

Hi, i also bought some from amazon, can you show me how they are attached? Thanks

#8225 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Hi, i also bought some from amazon, can you show me how they are attached? Thanks

I drilled the bottom side ,bent some brass wire and used a screw to attach. I'll get some pics in a few hours

#8226 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to operate the flipper manually without using the flipper buttons to see when the EOS triggers relative to where the flipper is in the stroke. So go into switch test and manually move the flipper up and note when the EOS goes off and then how much of the stroke is left before it is maxed out. You want the End of Stroke to trigger when the flipper is as close to the actual end of stroke as possible.

This would be a great video, if not already out there. Would help many who are having trouble understanding how to set up flippers or verify theirs.

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

I just bent a wire hanger into a triangle and then bent the arm down so I could attach it to an existing screw. I used hot glue to attach the planes to the wire.

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

This would be a great video, if not already out there. Would help many who are having trouble understanding how to set up flippers or verify theirs.

Just match this.

6EDE182B-BED6-4DE4-8B06-FF24DF44D8FC (resized).jpeg6EDE182B-BED6-4DE4-8B06-FF24DF44D8FC (resized).jpeg
#8229 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I'm here! I'm catching up on UFO requests at the moment so updates to the other projects might be sluggish here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-mods

Fantastic mod, best bang for your buck and looks fantastic. Well worth the wait!
B3505DC6-FB92-44BF-8FC0-9D2E7A9628F8 (resized).jpegB3505DC6-FB92-44BF-8FC0-9D2E7A9628F8 (resized).jpegEADA6ACD-77B1-4A45-A02F-CC9F3F20BED6 (resized).jpegEADA6ACD-77B1-4A45-A02F-CC9F3F20BED6 (resized).jpeg

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just match this. [quoted image]

Or this is really nice too. Thanks @Chuckwurt.

#8231 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks! That makes much more sense than what I was doing

#8232 2 years ago

Thanks! That makes much more sense than what I was doing

Check these:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eos-switch-adjustment-em-flipper

Cheers!

#8233 2 years ago

tilt-master

where did you get your little jet jaguar ?

looks great !

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

tilt-master
where did you get your little jet jaguar ?
looks great !

Thanks, I found on Ebay. Seller: drdre

It's not cheap for a 3" figure but this is the only one I could find small enough and had the detail. There has to be somewhere less expensive

#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

installed the little shop of games ufo mod and this this is better in person since pictures doesn’t do it justice. Excellent work fellas.
[quoted image]

Hopefully I get mine soon then. Glad to hear it looks better in person. Last mod I am waiting on. May get the oxygen destroyer.

#8236 2 years ago

I played an LE again today. What a deep pin. I must get one!!

#8237 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Get the 8” version. I did. About the same size of the one in the premium. I got this one.

ebay.com link: 1983 Bandai MECHAGODZILLA 8 movie monster Toho Vinyl Figure sofubi Godzilla

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Use music wire next time. Much thinner and still holds things. I used music wire for my EHOH UFO mod and my jet fighter for Godzilla.

#8239 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Use music wire next time. Much thinner and still holds things. I used music wire for my EHOH UFO mod and my jet fighter for Godzilla.

No music wire in our town, used cheap brass rod, same diameter, cost 2.50 for 3 feet. Bought at stationary store

#8240 2 years ago

The ufo mod from art of pinball is high class as always

FF4BF390-F5E8-4CFC-9DFC-5662ACA4219D (resized).jpegFF4BF390-F5E8-4CFC-9DFC-5662ACA4219D (resized).jpeg78F05F0C-EE03-4E96-9D3F-02F44269829C (resized).jpeg78F05F0C-EE03-4E96-9D3F-02F44269829C (resized).jpeg

#8241 2 years ago

Anyone sick of Godzilla and want to trade for a nice Congo.. PM me..

#8242 2 years ago

That is one pricey ass Congo!! People done lost their minds…

#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Amy good gorilla

06D51359-AB7D-4632-8D3E-3309B8983F83.jpeg06D51359-AB7D-4632-8D3E-3309B8983F83.jpeg

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Machine - For Sale

Congo

Featured!

Partially shopped/refurbished “Selling my Congo pinball machine. Game plays great with no errors. Cabinet has a few bumps and bruises but nothing too bad. Playfield is in great shape with no major insert or tabl...”

30 days ago

Richfield , MI

pacman11

8,999 (OBO)

Anyone sick of Godzilla and want to trade for a nice Congo.. PM me..

Are you trading three Congo’s?

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I still have PTSD from failing to sell a beautiful one at California Extreme for $1695 years ago. People played the crap out of it at the show, but no one even made an offer all weekend...until I was on the 3.5 hour drive back home at the end of the weekend and I got calls about it during the trip. D'oh.

#8246 2 years ago

In the meantime while we're waiting on Godzilla's to come in stock, we'd be like:

#8247 2 years ago

Looks like flipper bushings are the new coil sops.

This is like the 3rd time of late I’ve seen this on new sterns. Bushings breaking in the first few months of play.

34748D62-C5C5-4133-A321-14346B87B70F (resized).jpeg34748D62-C5C5-4133-A321-14346B87B70F (resized).jpeg

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No music wire in our town, used cheap brass rod, same diameter, cost 2.50 for 3 feet. Bought at stationary store

Amazon is where I bought mine.

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks like flipper bushings are the new coil sops.
This is like the 3rd time of late I’ve seen this on new sterns. Bushings breaking in the first few months of play.
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me on JPLE. plus the coils stops

#8250 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I had this happen to the left flipper on my EHOH. It was the first time I could recall this happening on any of my newer Sterns.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/165?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.