IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 544.
#8151 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Curious what you replaced the cabinet speaker with? I've been reading up in this thread, and others, and the CS5 set from Kicker sounds like the best pick for the backbox pair, but I'm interested to hear what's recommended for the 8inch downfiring speaker?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000CQEIZ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

This is what i've tossed in about 4 pins - I think I bought them for like under $30 CAD though.

#8152 2 years ago

Hoping to join this club soon as I just put a deposit down on a premium, but not expecting it for 8-10 months. Funny story though, I really thought this game was overhyped and was thinking of getting a GnR or JP Premium until I found a local place that had them all plus some others I thought I might like. Never been a fan of Godzilla movies but wow, it drew me in and it was just so damn fun to play. Reminded me of the first time I played AC/DC.

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

They really look cool... but I don't see those for sale on Diddy's mod page. Are they all sold out or do we have to request them? Thanks!

Email them directly. Also, there is a thread he has titled Signature Line Building GZ mod i believe. Terrible with posting links. I ordered one friday. I am # 1092 of 1101. So they must be about gone if there only making 100.

#8154 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Watch Godzillas All Monsters Attack dubbed and free on YouTube.

My 5, 8, and 10 year old loved it. The movie is sooo lame but totally worth a watch especially if you have little kids around that don't know what to expect. Had pretty much all the monsters.

I want to expand on this and recommend this to everyone with the pin. I'd never watched the original Godzilla movies and understanding more about the monsters made the game just that much more fun for me this morning. Love it!

#8155 2 years ago

Picked up my LE yesterday from a very nice seller.I was able to play his El Dorado and flip a card while picking up.I installed Diddys Tesla towers they look great and I enjoyed doing the installation.

#8156 2 years ago

Installed tdiddy's building mod over the weekend - super easy to put in and looks terrific.

Seriously great job tdiddy.

IMG_2585 (resized).jpegIMG_2585 (resized).jpegIMG_2643 (resized).jpegIMG_2643 (resized).jpeg
#8157 2 years ago

I want to expand on this and recommend this to everyone with the pin. I'd never watched the original Godzilla movies and understanding more about the monsters made the game just that much more fun for me this morning. Love it!

Shin Godzilla is an awesome movie but not in the game. Watch the early Toho Godzilla movies, and then you will appreciate the game more. Watch Godzilla vs Megalon and that will knock out three characters in the game. And also terror of MechaGodzilla for two more characters in the game.

#8158 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Shin Godzilla is an awesome movie but not in the game. Watch the early Toho Godzilla movies, and then you will appreciate the game more. Watch Godzilla vs Megalon and that will knock out three characters in the game. And also terror of MechaGodzilla for two more characters in the game.

They are on the list for sure. My kids have asked to watch all 32 Godzilla movies (not going to happen) but I have Mothra queued up for next weekend. If you have HBO max they are all on there streaming but subbed. My little kids can't read that fast yet so we are going with the dubbed (free with ads) versions on youtube. Still highly recommend everyone with a Godzilla pin watch atleast one of these as it ads to the enjoyment of the machine and I understand what is going on more. Bonus points if you have little kids to watch with.

#8159 2 years ago

The more I play Gidzilla, the more I love it. The details are awesome. Just noticed the postcards. I had seen them before, but hadn't paid attention as there is so much going on. Tank attack multiball is great. Keeping them away from Godzilla is so much fun. The love it shows Godzilla is just amazing. As a fan of Godzilla I am very impressed. The only things missing are things I don't know would fit. There are no Kenny's. No human actors. No "Save the Earth" song, in English or Japanese. They could also add MST3K.

#8160 2 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from their distributors on 2nd run Premiums yet? Hopefully us 2nd runners will hear some news soon.

#8161 2 years ago

The Comet channel. Shows a lot of Godzilla movies, they are in English. They had a Godzilla marathon last Sunday. Plus it is a channel all you need is an antenna!

#8162 2 years ago

I would like to see some Rodan in Godzilla pinball. Rodan is cool too. I guess it is a license thing.

#8163 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I would like to see some Rodan in Godzilla pinball. Rodan is cool too. I guess it is a license thing.

I thought Rodan was mentioned in game but no video yet… maybe I dreamed it

#8164 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Doesnt he fly across the screen when you start 2x playfield?

#8165 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Doesnt he fly across the screen when you start 2x playfield?

Yep, Rodan is in the game as one of the 3 allies to collect at the scoop and that's the video shown when it happens.

#8166 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Has anyone heard anything from their distributors on 2nd run Premiums yet? Hopefully us 2nd runners will hear some news soon.

Haven't heard anything my from distributor yet... We were told "sometime in March". I don't see why that wouldn't be true still.

#8167 2 years ago

My kids have asked to watch all 32 Godzilla movies (not going to happen)

It... it could be worth it... At least until the Millenium era films, where EVERY film is a reboot or a sequel to the original film. (Except Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and its sequel Godzilla: Tokyo SOS. Those two are amazing.)

#8168 2 years ago

Pls correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a way to 'blow up' Godzilla, right? I don't see any multipliers aside from 2x rodan. Points are mostly linear and start to stack up with longer play, is that close to accurate? Are all Elwin games similar scoring wise?

#8169 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Pls correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a way to 'blow up' Godzilla, right? I don't see any multipliers aside from 2x rodan. Points are mostly linear and start to stack up with longer play, is that close to accurate? Are all Elwin games similar scoring wise?

Blow up like kill Godzilla? You are Godzilla when you are playing.

#8170 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Blow up like kill Godzilla? You are Godzilla when you are playing.

Blow up the points. But blowing up godzilla sounds fun too.

#8171 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Watch Karl's IEPinball streams. He blows it up pretty good. And explains his strategies as he goes. This is a 10 billion game, where he LOST 2 billion before he could collect:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1304780806

I mean they have coded custom callouts in Godzilla for HIS INITIALS in the game because he puts up big high scores. He knows how to blow a game up.

#8172 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Tired of the ball hopping from the pop bumber into the outlane and losing a ball.

Guess I don't understand what this switch is supposed to fix. I haven't seen any of the issues people have mentioned as the reason for this switch.

#8173 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Picked up my LE yesterday from a very nice seller.I was able to play his El Dorado and flip a card while picking up.I installed Diddys Tesla towers they look great and I enjoyed doing the installation.

#8174 2 years ago

^^ Change video to unlisted video or we cannot see

#8175 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

^^ Change video to unlisted video or we cannot see

Thanks

#8176 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Hello all, I have an opportunity to trade my mando premium for a GZ pro and cash. I have played the premium but not the pro. The trade is close to me around an hour, so would be convenient. Or would I be better to just sell and put in for a premium. I have had several opportunities to trade mando for other games and just end up keeping mando.
Asking people who have payed both versions GZ.

I have a mando Le and I can tell you it'll stay here far longer then godzilla. It's a fun game and shoots great but there are no real moments. Kinda feels like chopping wood. It just isn't connecting for me. Give me Mando or Stern JP anyway over it all day.

#8177 2 years ago

Interesting, I feel like GZ is filled with amazing moments and that Mandalorian is just a full on bore with hardly any moments that draw me in. I’ve played both extensively. JP though… is probably the greatest game ever designed. It’ll take a lot to top that one.

Quoted from Jeffswack:

I have a mando Le and I can tell you it'll stay here far longer then godzilla. It's a fun game and shoots great but there are no real moments. Kinda feels like chopping wood. It just isn't connecting for me. Give me Mando or Stern JP anyway over it all day.

#8178 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Hmmm interesting. I feel like encounters, and getting to the MB in mando is like chopping wood. I love the actual MBs However , missions , ambush, hunter, foundry, and scope features. I find mando super immersive with amazing video assets. Godzilla’s video assets ain’t to shabby though either.

#8179 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I have enjoyed Mando and the theme is a dream theme for me. I received mando premium and Led zeppelin premium the very same day. Out of the 2 LZ is hands down my favourite which is probably not a very popular opinion.

#8180 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I have enjoyed Mando and the theme is a dream theme for me. I received mando premium and Led zeppelin premium the very same day. Out of the 2 LZ is hands down my favourite which is probably not a very popular opinion.

That's what makes pinball great!

I'm currently loving the disliked X-Men Le!

#8181 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

That's what makes pinball great!
I'm currently loving the disliked X-Men Le!

The advantage of enjoying out-of-favor pins is they're a LOT cheaper. I remember when I could get a Shadow for around $1000 when it was out of favor for a decade or so. Those days are gone.

#8182 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

The good thing about pinball is that not everyone enjoys the game the same way. I love the artwork on Led zep, i love led zep music, but for me was one of the most boring pinball ever, and I gave it a try to play more than 20 times, but really couldn't enjoy at all

#8183 2 years ago

after being grossly underwhelmed by the egg shooter, I borrowed an idea from a pinsider in the mod thread, and made my own Mothra chibi shooter

20220301_081510 (resized).jpg20220301_081510 (resized).jpg20220301_081516 (resized).jpg20220301_081516 (resized).jpg
#8184 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

after being grossly underwhelmed by the egg shooter, I borrowed an idea from a pinsider in the mod thread, and made my own Mothra chibi shooter[quoted image][quoted image]

The egg shooter is really uninspired, I was thinking something like a light up plasma ball etc. would have been cool (even if it only lit up to look like lightning or plasma)

#8185 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Email them directly. Also, there is a thread he has titled Signature Line Building GZ mod i believe. Terrible with posting links. I ordered one friday. I am # 1092 of 1101. So they must be about gone if there only making 100.

I PM them and got 1096! Almost over... Thanks for the message!

#8186 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The egg shooter is really uninspired, I was thinking something like a light up plasma ball etc. would have been cool (even if it only lit up to look like lightning or plasma)

I would have been ok with the egg, if they didn't try to push it at $180...it looks good as a mothra egg, but man, don't try to push that trash as high-end, esp compared to things like the AIQ shooter, deadpool's, hell, even the stupid elvira clown

#8187 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

I PM them and got 1096! Almost over... Thanks for the message!

Glad to hear. Glad i didn't wait much longer to jump on this building mod. Won't see my Pro til summer, but this mod was a must for me. Soon as i saw they were limited to only 100, was definitely time to buy..

#8188 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I would have been ok with the egg, if they didn't try to push it at $180...it looks good as a mothra egg, but man, don't try to push that trash as high-end, esp compared to things like the AIQ shooter, deadpool's, hell, even the stupid elvira clown

Yeah, your right. At $100 I would think it was fine but at $170 I’d expect something more creative like Stranger Things, JP, even Led Zeppelin. DP wasn’t super exciting but at least it was cheaper so I grabbed one.

#8189 2 years ago

Just a question, and if its been asked before and answers have been given just point me to the post. Is the premium 2K better then the pro. Don't get me wrong the collapsing build and bridge and mechagodzilla are awesome. I've played the pro many times and love it, but just wasn't sure which one to go after? Thanks in advance for any answers.

#8190 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

after being grossly underwhelmed by the egg shooter, I borrowed an idea from a pinsider in the mod thread, and made my own Mothra chibi shooter[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, that was my machine! Looks awesome!

#8191 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Just a question, and if its been asked before and answers have been given just point me to the post. Is the premium 2K better then the pro. Don't get me wrong the collapsing build and bridge and mechagodzilla are awesome. I've played the pro many times and love it, ut just wasn't sure which one to go after? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Yes. I own an LE and have played a bunch on the Pro. The added stuff on the playfield is awesome. The bridge, building, rotatating targets, Mechagodzilla magnet as well as the mecha and Godzilla 3d sculpts. All great stuff that really add to the game. Not to mention the cool translight. I might by the translite to have in my pinball room.

#8192 2 years ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Just a question, and if its been asked before and answers have been given just point me to the post. Is the premium 2K better then the pro. Don't get me wrong the collapsing build and bridge and mechagodzilla are awesome. I've played the pro many times and love it, but just wasn't sure which one to go after? Thanks in advance for any answers.

If GZ isn't worth upgrading to premium then no game is.

#8193 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If GZ LE isn't worth upgrading to premium then no game is.

assume you mean pro to premium, but there's definitely less of a gap between GZ pro and prem, than when you compare it to previous games where there's a full level missing from the playfield, or changes that completely change the flow of the game, etc. while i have zero regrets going premium myself, I don't think i'd have been grossly disappointed if i had been "stuck" with a pro; it's mostly the same game, play-wise, with a couple small differences that don't drop the game's play quality a significant amount. cosmetically, a lot can be made up with personal mods on a pro, as well.

#8194 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

a couple small differences that don't drop the game's play quality a significant amount

Some of us even think the Pro plays better than the premium.

#8195 2 years ago

Straight shooter vs experience. Can always pimp out a pro to looks super badass and its a slightly faster game with less mech interactions. I cant get over the added touches with the bridge collapse, building rocking up/down, and the shield...so you pay for that experience.

#8196 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Guess I don't understand what this switch is supposed to fix. I haven't seen any of the issues people have mentioned as the reason for this switch.

Lucky for you I guess. I was going strong with zero issues on this game since day one, but this was a no brainer fix for MY game. I see all kinds of posts of issues that I don't see or have, but I do try to help out and definitely take advice on how to fix. As for a reason, well that was clearly stated and now it is solved by said switch. Time to move on and play more Godzilla. Hopefully others who have an issue like this can read here and make a decision based on discussions of what was tried, what did not work and do what's best for their game. Simple.

#8197 2 years ago

Received the Lior saucer yesterday and installed today. Looks awesome!

10DF3A05-4AF6-451B-B7B3-85C183152B07 (resized).jpeg10DF3A05-4AF6-451B-B7B3-85C183152B07 (resized).jpeg
#8198 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Lucky for you I guess. I was going strong with zero issues on this game since day one, but this was a no brainer fix for MY game. I see all kinds of posts of issues that I don't see or have, but I do try to help out and definitely take advice on how to fix. As for a reason, well that was clearly stated and now it is solved by said switch. Time to move on and play more Godzilla. Hopefully others who have an issue like this can read here and make a decision based on discussions of what was tried, what did not work and do what's best for their game. Simple.

I certainly don't understand what the issues were, for what it's worth.... unless you were saying that the position of the switch was getting mucked up from pop bumper hitting the ball into it, or the switch is lobbing the ball into the outlane. I do understand what MRS's do, and why you'd want to use them in a lot of places to prevent a switch from interfering with ball motion...just not what the particular problem with THAT switch is.

#8199 2 years ago

They are on the list for sure. My kids have asked to watch all 32 Godzilla movies (not going to happen) but I have Mothra queued up for next weekend. If you have HBO max they are all on there streaming but subbed. My little kids can't read that fast yet so we are going with the dubbed (free with ads) versions on youtube. Still highly recommend everyone with a Godzilla pin watch atleast one of these as it ads to the enjoyment of the machine and I understand what is going on more. Bonus points if you have little kids to watch with.

I am lucky enough to have the movies on bluray and dvd. I can’t stand watching subtitled movies. I love Godzilla since the early 70’s.

#8200 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Received the Lior saucer yesterday and installed today. Looks awesome!
[quoted image]

Looks great. Still waiting for my Art of Pinball ufo. Hopefully get it this month.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Shelby, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/164?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.