IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 544.
#7951 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

My Wizard Blades are supposed to be coming tomorrow. Anyone else get those? Or did you get the official Stern ones?

I got them and love them. Very happy with them. I also got the apron decal.

#7952 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

What color titan rubbers did you swap out? Are they all the same color, or are they different? If they are different, which color and what sizes?

I got the kit that Titan provides. You can choose from a variety of colors, including translucent. I went with mostly orange and green and they match pretty well.

#7953 2 years ago

Levelled my GZ using this technique. No problems with destruction jackpot or multiballs start. Use the glass as your horizontal reference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-trick-for-levelling-side-to-side#post-6791133

1BD8A46D-409B-49B1-9B34-8A2B64C1D03F (resized).jpeg1BD8A46D-409B-49B1-9B34-8A2B64C1D03F (resized).jpeg
#7954 2 years ago

I did the translucent sling rubber and green for the flippers. The sling area is now much brighter.

#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

So what is the fix/protection for the plastic above the magnet on a premium? Mine just broke today.

A fellow pinsider mentioned putting a few washers in the coil (the coil that powers the bridge action) between the plunger & the stop. I tried that, & it has worked flawlessly for me so far.

#7956 2 years ago

For those of you adding a Godzilla figure behind the bridge, especially Pro owners, how much clearance is there under the glass? How tall can a figure be to fit there? My Pro won't be here til summer, but looking to pick up some mods in the meantime. And how are we mounting these?

#7957 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

For those of you adding a Godzilla figure behind the bridge, especially Pro owners, how much clearance is there under the glass? How tall can a figure be to fit there? My Pro won't be here til summer, but looking to pick up some mods in the meantime. And how are we mounting these?

it's pretty much right at 6". in example, the 1956 neca poster godzilla fits just under the glass: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/godzilla-1956-movie-poster-godzilla-head-to-tail-12inch-action-figure/nc42886

#7958 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

True to the above post with the overall height clearance. Note that a lot of these Godzilla toys will fit. When you look online at their measurements, they speak in terms of 12-in Godzilla, but mind you the overwhelming amount of time there describing the length from head to tip of tail.
Not as sure on premium/LE, but on Pro, there is plenty of room for the tail to wrap around the back of that center Drake building a little bit and it doesn't interfere with anything notable back there.

#7959 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

True to the above post with the overall height clearance. Note that a lot of these Godzilla toys will fit. When you look online at their measurements, they speak in terms of 12-in Godzilla, but mind you the overwhelming amount of time there describing the length from head to tip of tail.
Not as sure on premium/LE, but on Pro, there is plenty of room for the tail to wrap around the back of that center Drake building a little bit and it doesn't interfere with anything notable back there.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

it's pretty much right at 6". in example, the 1956 neca poster godzilla fits just under the glass: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/godzilla-1956-movie-poster-godzilla-head-to-tail-12inch-action-figure/nc42886

Thanks. Like to see some pics from people that added a figure back there. I know there some on here but....Really trying to get some ideas of MUST add-ons, especially for the Pro

#7960 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Thanks. Like to see some pics from people that added a figure back there. I know there some on here but....Really trying to get some ideas of MUST add-ons, especially for the Pro

you can go up to 6.3in/160mm comfortably. the figure i printed is at that height and has good clearance. its the same clearance on either game.

#7961 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

you could look at either chip or i's posts in this thread or the mod thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/19) to see figures installed. chip's pro is one of the best modded pro (or, really any) GZ i've seen

#7962 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Ball Baron is whom provides the Polaris Carbon that Mezel Mod sells - it's cheaper to buy from Ball Baron direct....but given what Hayfarmer said - maybe go with BC Precision's Carbon balls via Amazon.....

I don't know, the only BC Precision ones I found on Amazon were $7.50 each

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Steel-Ball-Shoot-Pinball/dp/B00YW60C8I

#7963 2 years ago

Joined the club sooner than expected! I have had a deposit on a premium and happened across a pro in stock. That will give enough time to decide on which on to keep.

01B81BB1-110C-47BD-9F21-616B910448F9 (resized).jpeg01B81BB1-110C-47BD-9F21-616B910448F9 (resized).jpeg
#7964 2 years ago

Anyone looking to trade there Godzilla for a couple Rare E.Ms PM me for more info. Thanks

#7965 2 years ago

What is the difference between the quick and full code install? I got an invalid message on the full code install. Going to download again and use a different flash drive.
thx

#7966 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

What is the difference between the quick and full code install? I got an invalid message on the full code install. Going to download again and use a different flash drive.
thx

I *think* the quick just doesn't do the verify step.

#7967 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I don't know, the only BC Precision ones I found on Amazon were $7.50 each
amazon.com link »

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H6A80WW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_5V4CA3F0J8FZ467HXX

#7968 2 years ago

1.60 each, I've had great luck with them. Ordered over 100 in 4 years easily. No rusty, pitted or bad ones yet. Some reviews say otherwise, but I've had zero issues

#7969 2 years ago

I'm waffling hardcore between a pro and a premium. Money isn't a big concern, though I admit it'd be nice to keep the 2500 bucks or whatever and put that toward my savings for a house down payment or increase the emergency fund.

Wife and I got a chance to play the premium at a local joint the other day, finally. I don't really see the building doing a whole lot in terms of diverting balls to different ramps? Is that just not coded or well-utilized yet? Didn't get to a bridge mode so didn't really get to see much of that in action, seems to be one of the less used mechs in the game. The Mechagodzilla is cool....but am I really going to feel like I've substantially missed out on having the figure and magnet? I dunno. This seems to be a lot harder choice than say.... AC/DC where there was a whole separate playfield and the drop targets *massively* change the overall speed and feel of the game. The premium felt like a fast game to me, and there's nothing like drop targets or a separate playfield to slow it down, really. I like the art on both versions just fine.

#7970 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm waffling hardcore between a pro and a premium. Money isn't a big concern, though I admit it'd be nice to keep the 2500 bucks or whatever and put that toward my savings for a house down payment or increase the emergency fund.
Wife and I got a chance to play the premium at a local joint the other day, finally. I don't really see the building doing a whole lot in terms of diverting balls to different ramps? Is that just not coded or well-utilized yet? Didn't get to a bridge mode so didn't really get to see much of that in action, seems to be one of the less used mechs in the game. The Mechagodzilla is cool....but am I really going to feel like I've substantially missed out on having the figure and magnet? I dunno. This seems to be a lot harder choice than say.... AC/DC where there was a whole separate playfield and the drop targets *massively* change the overall speed and feel of the game. The premium felt like a fast game to me, and there's nothing like drop targets or a separate playfield to slow it down, really. I like the art on both versions just fine.

The bridge in my opinion is the best feature. Doesn't take much to activate it. Mecha is great too, the more i play, the less I activate the building. I'd def go prem if you can find one

#7971 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:I'm waffling hardcore between a pro and a premium. Money isn't a big concern, though I admit it'd be nice to keep the 2500 bucks or whatever and put that toward my savings for a house down payment or increase the emergency fund.

I was in the exact same boat. Still am actually… except that I have a pro on order. Wife fell in love w a premium at the arcade and then was fine w the pro. It bugged me more than her to not have the mecha to beat up. And the bridge. But for 300 bucks in mods I’ll be happy I saved 2000 and had more time to play (pro showing up sooner). Can always sell the pro later I figure.

#7972 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

I was in the exact same boat. Still am actually… except that I have a pro on order. Wife fell in love w a premium at the arcade and then was fine w the pro. It bugged me more than her to not have the mecha to beat up. And the bridge. But for 300 bucks in mods I’ll be happy I saved 2000 and had more time to play (pro showing up sooner). Can always sell the pro later I figure.

Yeah...I just don't want to be stuck waiting for 6+ months and then have Stern screw everyone waiting over with another price hike and then I have to decide between bending over and letting them go in dry, or standing my ground and just cancelling. This game is already at the very limit of my tolerance of what I'm even willing to pay for a pin, just as my personal opinion that a single entertainment item cannot possibly be worth over 10k, and if it was literally *anything* other than Godzilla, I wouldn't even consider a premium at these bonkers prices. Between Godzilla and Ultraman, I'll be done with buying pinball machines, likely permanently. I don't enjoy working on games anymore, I don't really play competitively all that much anymore. These are just toys and art pieces for me and my friends to enjoy.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd def go prem if you can find one

Finding isn't the issue at this point. It's more a question of pro now and sidestep the possibility of Stern raising prices again (and yanno....instant gratification plus more savings for my future that doesn't involve ridiculous purchases of ludicrously expensive toys), or be stuck waiting until August or later just praying that I don't end up having to cancel when Stern starts asking 10k+ for Premiums and being disappointed I missed out.

My wife is right about one thing though.....the experience of the game being NIB is something that can't really be replaced.....when you buy a game from someone else, it doesn't feel like *my* game. We learned this with Tron the hard way, when I bought a second one.....and then ended up selling it too because I just didn't feel like it was my game anymore. I definitely do not want to buy a used GZ and then turn around and sell it 6 months later because I just don't have that connection to it. It's entirely silly, but I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me at this point.

#7973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I *think* the quick just doesn't do the verify step.

Thx. I tried it again, Prem. version, new flash drive, same result. Invalid SPK. Quick version installed no problem, but not the full version.

#7974 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'd get whatever version you can get for MSRP (or less) and the soonest. My preference is the Pro because I like how it shoots better but most in here prefer the Premium. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

#7975 2 years ago

I’ve seen this a lot on sterns - do you really want replacements from stern? Is the a more quality option that people are buying?

Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I just had to swap out all three of my coil stops last night. The right flipper was sticking and I knew right away it was probably the coil stop since my AIQ had this issue at around 6mos old. I assumed I'd just change them out as they went bad but when I pulled playfield into service pos there was gold dust under all three flipper assemblies and the coils stops were all spinning freely . I was hoping Stern fixed this but obviously they're still using poor quality parts all around. Im going to see if they'll send me some replacement coil stops since the games not even five months old yet. I will keep them on hand when another fails.

#7976 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Joined the club sooner than expected! I have had a deposit on a premium and happened across a pro in stock. That will give enough time to decide on which on to keep.
[quoted image]

Kudos to stern that the ZY art packages on Pros are awesome. Would be a shame if the pros looked less than their more expensive siblings. That’s one handsome looking machine, enjoy!

#7977 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The building changes the ball path when it’s in the lock position. You may not have noticed as most people will just lock all three balls once it’s ready.

If money is not a factor then I don’t see how you can lose with a Premium. You’ll easily get the pride difference if not more back come resale time, and so unless you see the mechs as being detrimental to gameplay, then there’s no reason not to go Premium (again assuming money is not a consideration).

#7978 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

I went through this same thing when I got IMDN. I thought the Pro was a great shooter, and just didn't think the extras on the Premium/LE was worth it, to me. Money was a factor too. I still love my IMDN Pro, and i'm pumped for my Godzilla Pro. No matter what version you have or plan to get, best Stern out there, all versions basically play the same. And the art package on the Pro is awesome

#7979 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd get whatever version you can get for MSRP (or less) and the soonest. My preference is the Pro because I like how it shoots better but most in here prefer the Premium. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

That’s what I am doing. After playing premium I realized I enjoyed the shots either way. Also I hate the drain SDTM for the multi ball. Yes I know it can be fixed but why spend 2k+ more and wait longer when I was a little disappointed in that.

#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

That’s what I am doing. After playing premium I realized I enjoyed the shots either way. Also I hate the drain SDTM for the multi ball. Yes I know it can be fixed but why spend 2k+ more and wait longer when I was a little disappointed in that.

No SDTM when levelled. The balls intentionally fall near the tips to add a bit of excitement to the start of multiball. That’s the way Keith intended multiball to start. I may lose one out of three in the initial jostle. He programs a hefty ball save. I don’t see the problem with the multiball start if the machine is properly levelled. Now chapter start on Pirates was cheap. Get a chapter started, ball drain no save.

Have played the pro and it is great as well.

#7981 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've played them both a fair amount and own a premium. Overall Godzilla is just such a great game that both versions are a lot of fun. Still the Bridge, the building and the MechaGodzilla make enough of a difference in my opinion that the Premium is probably worth the extra money, if you can afford it. If you play both a lot, you'd probably be happier with the Premium in the long run. If you've mainly played the Pro, you will undoubtedly be happy with it as well. Good luck with your decision!

#7982 2 years ago

So what have we decided are the must have mods for a pro? I’m in the March order but already have a bridge, a mechzilla, a UFO, and some Tesla coils. And a shaker motor. I’ll probably do Invisiglass. What else?

#7983 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

So what have we decided are the must have mods for a pro? I’m in the March order but already have a bridge, a mechzilla, a UFO, and some Tesla coils. And a shaker motor. I’ll probably do Invisiglass. What else?

Flaming speaker lights

#7984 2 years ago

Received my Mezel Mods middle building today. Also installed Godzilla's tail.

IMG_0890 (resized).jpgIMG_0890 (resized).jpg
#7985 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

I'm in for March Pro as well (Can't freaking wait!). The only things I've purchased so far is a shaker motor and art blades, both from Pinball Life.

The other thing I'm considering is some replacement backbox speakers and a cabinet speaker, as I've heard it's a worthy upgrade from the stock stuff.

#7986 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Sounds like you're on an excellent track with some good stuff! All that you listed are excellent upgrades.
An upgraded Godzilla for that back left corner would be cool as opposed to the flat plastic..adds some nice dimension and can look really neat back there. You can see a lot of different examples of different Godzilla's here in the thread.
Some Comet spotlights here and there to highlight some stuff is also a cool idea for this game, per your individual preferences.
Mezel mods subway and noodle shop building facades add a very nice touch, as does their upgraded scoop sign. All nicely made. They also have a nice Drake building facade, but some other fellas are also making some really cool designs for that Drake building as well, as you can see here in the thread. All of these building fascades are certainly a nice upgrade to Sterns basic plastic buildings.
Such a simple idea, but also so very cool, I would also like to give a shout out to Space Coast Pinball for that very cool "toho scope" sticker that covers that rather distracting stern insider sticker on the back box. That is a really cool sticker and really adds to the fun of the toho theme.
They're also have become some very nice side blade options out there from Wizard mods, Tilt graphics and now Sterns official release. All of which look very cool.
There's also some nice comments in the thread here related to sound upgrades with different back box and cabinet speakers as well as external subwoofer.
All just food for thought

#7987 2 years ago

Speaking of mods, anyone 3D print their own bridge for the pro? I was looking up some bridge stl files and there are a lot. My pro won't be here till May so can't do much until then unless I had dimensions. I know there are some already out there from mod makers but figured it would be cool to print my own.

#7988 2 years ago

Tdiddy's building mod really adds a lot to the overall look of the Pro.

#7989 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

The building changes the ball path when it’s in the lock position. You may not have noticed as most people will just lock all three balls once it’s ready.

Ah, that's probably why, good call! Honestly I was hoping they'd move the building up or down for other modes to direct the ball to more amenible positions...just having it divert when you're locking balls....that's kinda...meh for me.

Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

If you've mainly played the Pro, you will undoubtedly be happy with it as well. Good luck with your decision!

I haven't played the Pro at ALL, and only played the Premium two games the other day. It doesn't feel like an "Elwin" game...feels completely different to me than his prior games, aside from maybe AIQ just a little...which in my opinion is a really good thing. I liked Iron Maiden and AIQ...hated Jurassic Park! Designers tend to get locked into a specific design philosophy and Elwin shows no signs of it. It's criminal that he's so good at playing *and* designing, frankly. :p

Like at this point I'm likely looking at either December-ish for a Premium, or.....next month for a pro. That's a long bloody ass time to wait for a Stern game, and if they release another pin or two (or THREE!) before the end of the year, I can easily see them pushing back production even further, which is nuts. I'm willing to sacrifice on paying or waiting...but not wanting to do both, and that's the position we're in right now, which sucks.

*edit* oh, and it's fair to say that I have absolutely zero intention of selling down the line, so profit margins later on are irrelevant. Only way I'll be selling GZ or Ultraman is if I have no other choice but to do it to not be homeless or something like that.

#7990 2 years ago

Has anyone upped the power on their upper left flipper with good results? Seems like that side shot barely goes around sometimes.

#7991 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ah, that's probably why, good call! Honestly I was hoping they'd move the building up or down for other modes to direct the ball to more amenible positions...just having it divert when you're locking balls....that's kinda...meh for me.

I haven't played the Pro at ALL, and only played the Premium two games the other day. It doesn't feel like an "Elwin" game...feels completely different to me than his prior games, aside from maybe AIQ just a little...which in my opinion is a really good thing. I liked Iron Maiden and AIQ...hated Jurassic Park! Designers tend to get locked into a specific design philosophy and Elwin shows no signs of it. It's criminal that he's so good at playing *and* designing, frankly. :p
Like at this point I'm likely looking at either December-ish for a Premium, or.....next month for a pro. That's a long bloody ass time to wait for a Stern game, and if they release another pin or two (or THREE!) before the end of the year, I can easily see them pushing back production even further, which is nuts. I'm willing to sacrifice on paying or waiting...but not wanting to do both, and that's the position we're in right now, which sucks.
*edit* oh, and it's fair to say that I have absolutely zero intention of selling down the line, so profit margins later on are irrelevant. Only way I'll be selling GZ or Ultraman is if I have no other choice but to do it to not be homeless or something like that.

The building does move in modes, in mecha it goes back to full position. It's a pretty good feature , but I still think the bridge is the coolest

#7992 2 years ago

Starting to get impatient for my premium. I know it’s coming next month. It can’t come soon enough.

#7993 2 years ago

The bridge is cool and does some fun things sometimes when it breaks apart and the ball falls off ....sometimes magnet catches it others not....really keeps u on your toes as it seems to do it randomly when I been playing for a bit. I also love the jump ramp /spinner when the ball Flys threw the air and hits mechzilla and then the magnet catches it. Just a all around fun pin with great interactive toys that just make it that much better with great kinetic satisfaction which is y we love this hobby

#7994 2 years ago

I like it where I hit mechagodzilla twice and he grew boobies.

Balls and magnets. Endless fun.

#7995 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

We are only on 0.91 so you never know what they might do as they progress with the code. Cool idea I hope they do something along those lines.

#7996 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone upped the power on their upper left flipper with good results? Seems like that side shot barely goes around sometimes.

I think stock was something like 160ish? I bumped mine to 185 and was happier with it.

#7997 2 years ago

Installed my GZ topper from Sparky Pinball yesterday. Really looks nice.

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Received my Mezel Mods middle building today. Also installed Godzilla's tail.

Love the tail! Which figure are you using there?

#7999 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I changed out the coils and sleeves and it helps a bit, but still difficult to make the right ramp during a multi-ball or if I've been playing for like 1/2 hr. or so....still seems to get weaker the longer I play like the cheapo stock coils did.

#8000 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I changed out the coils and sleeves and it helps a bit, but still difficult to make the right ramp during a multi-ball or if I've been playing for like 1/2 hr. or so....still seems to get weaker the longer I play like the cheapo stock coils did.

likely thermal fatigue. you may want to get some cooling on them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laguna Niguel, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/160?hl=mark1971 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.