Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,331 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 547.
#701 2 years ago

That definitely doesn't look like an LE speaker panel. See the post on the previous page of another users LE. It has the red rings. I would contact Stern for a replacement. Hope your Sub is the right one.

#702 2 years ago

Yeah it looks like you just got an entire Pro speaker panel with all the fixins.

Your cabinet speaker, however, is not like the Pro so it may be correct.

#703 2 years ago

I know they're gonna have these at expo next week, and there are some within 30 min of me, but I think I'm gonna wait til my Premium gets here in 2022 and play my first game with my wife. Our 2nd NIB game ever.

She's excited to get it, but I think part of that is because she knows how excited I am.

Maybe I should post that in the "Confessional" thread.....

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it looks like you just got an entire Pro speaker panel with all the fixins.
Your cabinet speaker, however, is not like the Pro so it may be correct.

No reason to get the LE if your not gunna get all the Fixins!

#705 2 years ago

Thanks all. Sent pics to my distributor and he will reach out to Stern on Monday. Haven't looked too closely, but guessing it will be pretty easy to swap out, even if stern sends me an empty speaker panel and speakers.

Question is, I wonder if there's a gz pro/prem out there somewhere with an LE speaker panel

#707 2 years ago

Because he knows he’s the GOAT.
I own all Elwins games in LE form,
JP was top of my list but I think Godzilla takes the cake.
Only on code 8.0, game is already playing perfect.
Can’t wait to get deeper into the game. The connect is amazing also.
Pinball is still very much alive.

Quoted from Galvez1978:

Elwin like Goats? Jurassic and Godzilla have goats.
[quoted image]

#708 2 years ago

Has anyone played both a pro and LE?

Would be interested in hearing thoughts on how they play different.

#709 2 years ago

Played Godzilla pro, for the 1st time, last night at Enterrium in Schaumburg. This is definitely a great pro machine.

This machine’s legs were not set up properly and the left flipper was hanging low. Irritating but it still shot really well and is a blast to play.

The building seems much larger in person than on the streams and it does need some lightning. At least a flasher inside for when you get multi ball.

Great game, artwork is amazing, can’t wait to get my premium!

1CF5F4E8-D90B-4F04-B5A2-D117E39C7089 (resized).jpeg1CF5F4E8-D90B-4F04-B5A2-D117E39C7089 (resized).jpegD1DCC1A5-B2F7-4717-A4C7-EB42643E71C6 (resized).jpegD1DCC1A5-B2F7-4717-A4C7-EB42643E71C6 (resized).jpeg
#710 2 years ago
Quoted from DthebodyT:

This is my first post ever on Pinside and I just wanted to share. So, I played a Pro tonight in Traverse City, MI. It was super fast and very fun. My girlfriend actually whooped all our butts and got a replay on her first game. I can only imagine the feeling when there's actually mechs moving. It felt special...like Deadpool or JP special. I have an LE coming and I think this game has massive potential.

Thanks for coming out! We’ll have those moving mechs too soon!

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Played Godzilla pro, for the 1st time, last night at Enterrium in Schaumburg. This is definitely a great pro machine.
This machine’s legs were not set up properly and the left flipper was hanging low. Irritating but it still shot really well and is a blast to play.
The building seems much larger in person than on the streams and it does need some lightning. At least a flasher inside for when you get multi ball.
Great game, artwork is amazing, can’t wait to get my premium!
[quoted image][quoted image]

We got to play a pro last night as well. I thought it was great. Mando pro was side by side with it so we jumped back and forth. Wife liked Mando better as did a friend who's a huge Mando fan, but zilla was my choice. I think the zilla premium will be a must have.

#712 2 years ago

Everything else is correct and game works great. Have a couple of other pics earlier in the thread.

PXL_20211023_002028998.MP.jpgPXL_20211023_002028998.MP.jpg
#713 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So just noticed this--looks like I got a prem speaker panel? Anyone else have a panel like this on their LE? How about your sub?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They likely just put the foam in front by accident. Take apart and remove the foam to see if you see the ring.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

They likely just put the foam in front by accident. Take apart and remove the foam to see if you see the ring.

It has the wrong speakers from what I can tell

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

It has the wrong speakers from what I can tell

Looks like everyone elses le speakers just foam covering. Could be wrong… they are not silver like stern pics show.

#716 2 years ago

LE has kenwood speakers in head. His does not. He got a Pro speaker panel by mistake.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Tesla Strike update

Yes to tall for me. Good start.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

We got to play a pro last night as well. I thought it was great. Mando pro was side by side with it so we jumped back and forth. Wife liked Mando better as did a friend who's a huge Mando fan, but zilla was my choice. I think the zilla premium will be a must have.

How experienced with pinball are your wife and friend? I can see newcomers liking mando better than GZ just because of theme or "toys", but GZ is definitely the "shooters" pin.

#719 2 years ago

Bridge mod for an LE will be great.

Quoted from tdiddy:

We are happy to announce and release our Godzilla (Pro version) Train Bridge mod. We went with this design because we feel that it matches better with the in game video and era of Godzilla films.This mod is resin based printed in multiple pieces to attain high details. The model is hand painted and weathered for the utmost realistic look. The bride will also come with a red led to under light it and will tie into the red G.I.....and it comes with bushes!
We intend to also make this version for PREMIUM/LE owners in the future !!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bridge mod for an LE will be great. Looks amazing!

#720 2 years ago

Well, there isn't really a difference in the Pro, Premium or LE SPIKE 2 speaker panels. The only difference in any of them is what they have installed ON the back of the panel.

So yes, the panel pictured in an LE is dresses like a Pro or Premium panel normally is. It has the speaker foam in front of the speaker plates (where the Godzilla LE would not), it has the 4" speakers (where the Godzilla LE would have 5.25" speakers) and for that obvious reason...it has the 4" speaker plates and not the 5.25" speaker plates that a Godzilla LE should have. It's also missing the 5.25" red speaker rings that the LE would normally come with as well as some gaskets and spacers the LE normally has.

So the switch over would be super simple (especially with the Molex connectors Stern has on the speakers now)....take off the speaker plate on each side (including the speakers), remove the foam and then put on the 5.25" speaker plates with the 5.25" speakers and the speaker ring surrounds (and possibly add a Speaker Light Kit while you are at it ). If you aren't putting in the speaker lights, they should also be sending you a gasket and 4 spacers for each side to go between the colored ring and the speaker.

As far as a factory screw up goes, this is an extremely easy one to fix.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Everything else is correct and game works great. Have a couple of other pics earlier in the thread.[quoted image]

How about the fact that your rails are black? That's not right.

#722 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Nice catch on that one........that is not as easy of a fix.

Update edit with added thoughts:

I'm also wondering......is everyone's ground connecting to the speaker plate / LCD screen now a ground WIRE (as pictured) instead of a wide ground STRAP? I believe I have seen those ground wires before, but I didn't think that was the norm.

I think it is time for some more pics. What is the AC cover in the backbox stamped? You might want to check and see if you have a service outlet also.....as them being missing (even on a USA games) does happen.

UPDATE: I now see the poster had earlier pics that do show the LE siderails. I'm guessing they are just showing up as black from the lighting in the pictures. So maybe it is just a case of a mis-dressed speaker panel.

#723 2 years ago

I’ve played this last night at a friend’s house.
Amazing game! The code might need some tweaks here and there. Lots of room to take it to the next level but it is already a blast to shoot.
The flow of the game is fantastic!

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Shit so it’s a pro back box with an LE back glass

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Shit so it’s a pro back box with an LE back glass

Not really that....as it has the LE T-Molding. Otherwise I might think they had a head and cabinet mixup. As it is....it has the LE sub speaker, with Pro/Premium side rails. The head has the speaker panel dressed like a Pro / Premium, but with the LE T-Molding and backglass.

It seems it might be time to break out the feature matrix and go down the LE features list and see what all is actually there.

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So just noticed this--looks like I got a prem speaker panel? Anyone else have a panel like this on their LE? How about your sub?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This seems odd, the LE that was unboxed on the last page had silver underlining underneath the lettering of Godzilla on the back glass and this one does not see pictures below (area circled in red). The rendering photos of the original game do not show that underlining.

97EF75B3-05BB-4732-8F37-E0A1CB215305 (resized).jpeg97EF75B3-05BB-4732-8F37-E0A1CB215305 (resized).jpegCB0FFD24-6E06-461F-B926-9605CAFC4870 (resized).jpegCB0FFD24-6E06-461F-B926-9605CAFC4870 (resized).jpeg

#727 2 years ago

That silver you refer to is actually mirroring. That’s the light reflection on the awesome amount of mirroring they put on the backglass.

#728 2 years ago

So what is the deal here, the LE that was unboxed on the last page had silver underlining underneath the lettering of Godzilla on the back glass and this one does not see pictures below (area circled in red). The rendering photos of the original game do not show that underlining.

I don't know.....but many mirrored surfaces can look quite different depending on the angle, lighting and what may be behind them. I'm expecting that is what you are seeing there.

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

That silver you refer to is actually mirroring. That’s the light reflection on the awesome amount of mirroring they put on the backglass.

Edit: I see what you are saying/showing in you example below..... That back glass is beautiful!!

#730 2 years ago
7FF8A259-976D-47D3-B6BC-20CE0391B9B2 (resized).jpeg7FF8A259-976D-47D3-B6BC-20CE0391B9B2 (resized).jpegCCDA35A7-59FE-4AC2-90E4-522BCB97B3D1 (resized).jpegCCDA35A7-59FE-4AC2-90E4-522BCB97B3D1 (resized).jpeg
#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

My armor is that silver metallic sparkle powder coat. You can see it better in my earlier unboxing pics.

Edit: Attached a zoomed in pic

PXL_20211024_165714640.MP.jpgPXL_20211024_165714640.MP.jpg
#732 2 years ago

This seems odd, the LE that was unboxed on the last page had silver underlining underneath the lettering of Godzilla on the back glass and this one does not see pictures below (area circled in red). The rendering photos of the original game do not show that underlining.

Here's another angle on mine. Looks really sharp!

PXL_20211024_165531253.MP.jpgPXL_20211024_165531253.MP.jpg
#733 2 years ago

regarding my prior post about sound settings.
Disregard and leave alone as comes from factory.
Those levels were found to be optimal by design team.

#734 2 years ago

Elwin Sighting?

IMG_0421 (resized).jpgIMG_0421 (resized).jpgIMG_0422 (resized).jpgIMG_0422 (resized).jpg
#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hey guys, just an FYI. Check your speaker settings under utilities when you get it.
While the game sounded ok right out of the box I wasn’t totally blown away. Well a few settings were modified from “default”. They must’ve been tinkered with at the factory. The big changes was the fade was +8 when it should be default 0. Next was backbox speaker was set to 4 ohm when 8 is default. Once I put those back to default it sounds 100 times better. The takeaway: to get a good baseline make sure all your speaker settings are to factory default. Then tweak to your hearts content.

This on an LE?

#736 2 years ago

Yes.

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Elwin Sighting?[quoted image][quoted image]

Does he have a cell phone in his hand?

#738 2 years ago

That is a Premium translite.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I know they're gonna have these at expo next week, and there are some within 30 min of me, but I think I'm gonna wait til my Premium gets here in 2022 and play my first game with my wife. Our 2nd NIB game ever.
She's excited to get it, but I think part of that is because she knows how excited I am.
Maybe I should post that in the "Confessional" thread.....

I'm with you. I was in Chicago when Elwin put the Premium at Logan's Arcade and I wrestled with going to see/play it or not. I too decided to wait until mine shows up to see and play it for the first time. My wife doesn't give a hoot but wants to help unbox it! I'll have a coupe pinpals over as well and make it a champagne event!

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Elwin Sighting?[quoted image][quoted image]

man that premium translight is definitely my favorite of the 3. Color scheme looks great and it’s not too busy.

#741 2 years ago

Is this a nod to Dialed In? Looks like the same stance as the cell phone guy on Dialed In

8C844D01-C8A6-45D0-BF9D-B7B454AC6B36 (resized).jpeg8C844D01-C8A6-45D0-BF9D-B7B454AC6B36 (resized).jpeg
#742 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

My armor is that silver metallic sparkle powder coat. You can see it better in my earlier unboxing pics.
Edit: Attached a zoomed in pic
[quoted image]

Goes to show how deceiving and sometimes uninspiring Sterns rendering pictures can be, the armor it’s beautiful! Always best to wait and see pictures of the actual game before passing judgment.

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

That is a Premium translite.

The quote is RE sound settings, nothing to do with translites. Looks like he retracted the recommendation though.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Speakers are wrong, too.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

No coop modes at this time.

Damn.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

The quote is RE sound settings, nothing to do with translites. Looks like he retracted the recommendation though.

My bad. I was reading the posts in order, and missed the section that was quoted.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just got it and have to take my son to hockey but wanted to confirm quickly that you can hit that right ramp from top left flipper. Regular power hit it first game. Hard to do consistently and likely has to be setup right but it’s definitely possible
Put five games on it - very impressive

And just like that I love the trim!!!

#748 2 years ago

So I’ve played the LE all weekend….what a game. I’ll provide detail below but the long short of it is…….based on my impressions this weekend, I think this is stern’s best and no doubt in my top 5, if not top 3. This is coming from someone who doesn’t care at all about Godzilla but they really turned this theme into something special and one that fits pinball SO well. I bounced back to my current #1 favorite stern (Jurassic Park) - and if I wasn’t such a huge JP fan, I would say Godzilla wins hands down BUT even as a huge fan, this game just feels even more packed. I can’t imagine playing this game and enjoying it as much without all of the mechs in there. I can totally understand it shooting well but the bridge, moving building, giant mechagodzilla with the turning targets - they all just add to make this into an unbelievable package.

Here are some impressions.

- Flow and shots - not going to comment a ton on this b/c we all know this games shoots really great and well, the game feels amazingly smooth to shoot. So many shots, ball is flying around but then you catch a breath with that magnet shot - which in itself is so satisfying when it flings the ball over to the top left flipper. The layout is absolutely amazing. Elwin is on another level.

- Biggest surprise for me thus far is not how well it shoots, b/c I knew it would but the overall package of sound, music and video - it’s Stern’s best no doubt. It’s possibly the best package ever considering it took a theme I don’t even care for and made it into something special. As the guy who was so disappointed in Stern’s Jurassic Park assets package I decided to inject my own movies into the game, the video assets here are incredible. The narrator is so good along with the mix of rock (very classic feel) and orchestra, it just hits on so many levels. Stern - wow, I didn’t think you could put it together this well.

- Cliffy already on scoop….thanks! Powder btw is the same one as Metallica LE. It’s literally the same.

- Cabinet art in person - holy ___. I’m not a godzilla purist, I get the argument that if you’re going to use this timeline of godzilla, the color doesn’t make sense. I hear that point. Upon opening this game and seeing it in person, I could care less. The foil is so cool, the blues, orange, it just looks so great and that grey really ices it from being too over the top. Again - I keep on saying best or top tier but this is another to add to that list. I absolutely love the LE in person. Side art under the glass - it’s fine but I’ve seen much better. Serves it’s purpose but non LE guys aren’t missing anything there.

-Mechagodzilla looks very impressive. Godzilla in the back looks absolutely terrible and needs to be replaced asap. Mod world will hopefully fix that. The bridge actually looks much better in person and my eyes were tricked when first playing as the reflections pop off that bridge and it almost appears to be another ball or action going on (was a little distracting at first). The building sinking is very cool but we all knew it would be.

- So a lockdown bar with two hinges for the LE? Wtf. Stern sticker on the shooter plate is also wtf. Not a nice look - can’t wait to replace that. Same with that noisy fan which will be swapped asap.

- Shooter lane is a little wonky where you have to give the ball enough speed otherwise it seems to hop or get caught by mecha. It might need to be tweaked a little but once you get enough speed it works well. Speaking of speed, that top left flipper - I believe it needs to be that lower power b/c if you rip that shot around/loop it, the ball sometimes kicks off to the right and you won’t be able to hit it again. Doing multiple loops is hard if the ball is very fast. The ball also kicks off the pop bumper and gets air sometimes which is nuts. Same if you rip that left ramp and the bridge is moving or damaged - ball popped up and got air one time. Fast shots next to the building will loop SDTM as well.

- Love that beam button. Holding it just feels like the right amount of time.

- Battle modes need a little more variety. One mode wants you to shoot the 3 spinners (and speaking of those big fat spinners feel so good in this game) and then hit the pop which is perfect but others are just shoot lit shots. I’m sure code will continue to be updated but I’m hoping for more of the former when it comes to modes.

- There is an exposed LED board right by the right ramp that I’m hoping a mod comes out to cover b/c it doesn’t look finished (see my pics below).

Prob a ton more but I’ve already typed more than I was planning. Just another sign of how much there is in this game. It’s an incredible achievement by stern - one that has certainly raised the bar for future titles.
55F4A63A-87AF-4709-8481-A49FB092B793 (resized).jpeg55F4A63A-87AF-4709-8481-A49FB092B793 (resized).jpeg5B4BD318-BD7C-4BBD-9B65-D404137D3AE0 (resized).jpeg5B4BD318-BD7C-4BBD-9B65-D404137D3AE0 (resized).jpeg3D449584-A1D9-4DB1-AFDA-109938B5254E (resized).jpeg3D449584-A1D9-4DB1-AFDA-109938B5254E (resized).jpegADACEE26-A9D2-4F13-AF95-16FD8C6823DF (resized).jpegADACEE26-A9D2-4F13-AF95-16FD8C6823DF (resized).jpegD6D65425-5ADC-4811-A9AB-5D97C0D36042 (resized).jpegD6D65425-5ADC-4811-A9AB-5D97C0D36042 (resized).jpegDFBF8FCA-9F1E-4CFC-9F20-436333FB7F43 (resized).jpegDFBF8FCA-9F1E-4CFC-9F20-436333FB7F43 (resized).jpeg69F5F318-94A9-4540-BA2E-3171F0319F75 (resized).jpeg69F5F318-94A9-4540-BA2E-3171F0319F75 (resized).jpegF7A9CC50-E283-486E-AD91-6D6F80BD72EF (resized).jpegF7A9CC50-E283-486E-AD91-6D6F80BD72EF (resized).jpeg

430CA4D6-C71F-4AB5-ADEA-1D309263A2BA (resized).jpeg430CA4D6-C71F-4AB5-ADEA-1D309263A2BA (resized).jpeg
744B0474-2CEB-4F90-95B8-E494183E61B4 (resized).jpeg744B0474-2CEB-4F90-95B8-E494183E61B4 (resized).jpeg

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit - learning the code more, the shots are more varied than I thought. Also marthra save call or is SOOO good

Added over 2 years ago:

“Mothra”

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

overall package of sound, music

And I assume that your external sub is well utilized in the sound package?

#750 2 years ago

That board surely is supposed to have a switch cover over it...or something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,331 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/15?hl=galvez1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.