Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 546.
#7901 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I just had to swap out all three of my coil stops last night. The right flipper was sticking and I knew right away it was probably the coil stop since my AIQ had this issue at around 6mos old. I assumed I'd just change them out as they went bad but when I pulled playfield into service pos there was gold dust under all three flipper assemblies and the coils stops were all spinning freely . I was hoping Stern fixed this but obviously they're still using poor quality parts all around. Im going to see if they'll send me some replacement coil stops since the games not even five months old yet. I will keep them on hand when another fails.

It's not even worth it to take free replacement garbage coil stops from Stern since they will also fail too quickly in most cases. Stern essentially is using the "starter ink/toner" model to save a few cents per machine. Give you just enough to make it work, leave you on the hook for the long-term part when your factory "starter" coil stop time is quickly up.

Just pay the $5 for the reliable pinball life ones and you won't be changing them for a long time.

#7902 2 years ago

I just had to swap out all three of my coil stops last night. The right flipper was sticking and I knew right away it was probably the coil stop since my AIQ had this issue at around 6mos old. I assumed I'd just change them out as they went bad but when I pulled playfield into service pos there was gold dust under all three flipper assemblies and the coils stops were all spinning freely . I was hoping Stern fixed this but obviously they're still using poor quality parts all around. Im going to see if they'll send me some replacement coil stops since the games not even five months old yet. I will keep them on hand when another fails.

Same. I got them replaced under warranty, and maybe 30 games later another failed, so I gave up and ordered some from Pinball Life. Coil stops and pro / premium speakers, disappointed. The best change outs. I highly recommend upgrading the speakers in the premium, the magnets of those paper speakers can barely hold a paper clip. I upgraded all three speakers and it is an amazing experience, sounds I never heard before and real sub bass. The OEM speakers probably .50 cents a piece from China, really bad.

#7903 2 years ago

Everyone should buy what they want with their own money, and be happy. Everyone else should quit worrying about what other people want and are willing to spend for their own hearts’ content.

#7904 2 years ago

Reminder that Karl/IEpinball Godzilla stream with the Tibetan Breeze/Tshirt/??? giveaways starts at 2pm PST (in about 15 minutes). I'm not sure what format the contests are, but you can type !contest in twitch chat to get the details for today.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

EDIT: Type !THEQUIZ in the twitch chat to get a entry quiz for a free Tibetan Breeze to the first to get them all right. If no one does, it will be a random drawing. There will also be a drawing from everyone else for another Tibetan Breeze, so TWO are up for grabs.

#7905 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Everyone should buy what they want with their own money, and be happy. Everyone else should quit worrying about what other people want and are willing to spend for their own hearts’ content.

Thank you!

#7906 2 years ago

Can anyone verify who the voice actor is in Godzilla? Is this the same guy who does the Batman 66 narrative?

#7907 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

We sell on Pinside via word-of-mouth/testimonial....simply shoot me a PM
You can find dozens and dozens of posts on Pinside about our various MRS products....
Matt
M&M Creations

Why not post an item and price for this? Seems like a great product.

#7908 2 years ago

Don't bother, still will be poor. Order replacements from pinball life. 2 years in some of our games. Still goin strong

#7909 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Why not post an item and price for this? Seems like a great product.

We have dozens and dozens of posts - simply, this is the 1st time our product had been looked at for Godzilla.....our rollover MRS testimonials are found in all kinds of forum clubs - it's in dozens of makes & models....

Our MRS solutions are $30 or $35 plus shipping.....this application, a rollover, is $35....

Matt
M&M Creations

#7910 2 years ago

I was wondering who is selling/making the crappy coil stops and balls for stern and silicone rings for JJP. Is it a specific company that we should not be buying from? Why wouldn’t stern or JJP just purchase the same items that are available to us?

I find it hard to believe that there is a parts manufacturer that can survive solely by selling to the pinball companies and not the public

#7911 2 years ago

They are buying in bulk form a wholesaler. I don’t think anyone but stern and JJP knows what the companies are.

#7912 2 years ago

Just had a great game! Can’t say enough about how awesome this pin is. Elwin and the team really knocked it out of the park.

FF3D2DD9-7B29-4DB8-92B3-0E01622E2338 (resized).jpegFF3D2DD9-7B29-4DB8-92B3-0E01622E2338 (resized).jpeg
#7913 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Just had a great game! Can’t say enough about how awesome this pin is. Elwin and the team really knocked it out of the park.
[quoted image]

Agree!! It’s a great pin! It blows away the rest!

#7914 2 years ago

Is there a trick to reattaching the Tesla spinner into the bracket? Mine just popped out of the side opposite the switch. Do you simply pull out on the support bracket? I tried that but was stiff and thought better.

164C6D22-3DBB-4ACB-980C-A743133D55AC (resized).jpeg164C6D22-3DBB-4ACB-980C-A743133D55AC (resized).jpeg

#7915 2 years ago

Got it attached.

#7916 2 years ago

Godzilla Premium owner here.

So, my one beef with this game after having it for a month is that the quality of the sound does not appear to be up to par with some other recent Stern releases (such as Stranger Things). I went ahead and upgraded the speakers to Flipper Fidelity but it didn't make much of a difference. My concern is that underlying quality of the sound and the highs and lows are a bit lacking.

Am I crazy, spoiled, a mixture of those two things or am I on to something that other owners feel is a concern? Anyone have any sound adjustment recommendations? Thanks!

#7917 2 years ago

Garbage in garbage out as it were. Also it’s way better and cheaper just to get off the shelf speakers if considering flipper fidelity. Check out the diy audio thread. But I though the sound on this game is pretty solid. Didn’t notice a huge drop off from Stranger Things. Just the fact we actually have stereo sound now is good.

#7918 2 years ago

Sound is like not my more important aspect of a pinball machine. I’m immersed in the game play. I mean no sounds would be bad. But as long as it has speakers and there are cool things coming out of them as I play thats pretty solid. That said. I do throw away their garbage speakers that come in the premium and upgrade to the LE stuff. Costs me like $75 bucks on amazon to get the same set of 3 speakers as the LE.

#7919 2 years ago

Sound is a huge selling point for me. Couldn’t care less about what it looks like though. Haha

#7920 2 years ago

Hey guys...so two things.

1. Taking care of our dog post surgery past month has prevented me from playing GZ while its sitting at work in my office. I let my coworkers play and they enjoy it. I do quick trips for fit tests of some mods and such so its a quick in and out. That being said I finally got a chance to stay there for a little over half an hour and holy crap! The past couple of updates were phenomenal. The extra audio bits, video, and more importantly the new light shows really got me immersed and hyped. cant wait to actually spend more time in the office next month.

Which follows up into 2:

Added my mecha shield spinner top mod to the shop for anyone interested. Expected shipping is early to mid March for that batch and I'll contact those that had messaged me last month to follow up on those requests first.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1363-cheko-s-shop/05858-mechagodzilla-shield-spinner-mod-for-prem-le

Pro version coming in the coming weeks as well.

2022-02-16 11.50.18 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.50.18 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.50.51 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.50.51 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.50.57 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.50.57 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.51.25 (resized).jpg2022-02-16 11.51.25 (resized).jpg

#7921 2 years ago

I felt the same way about the sound but now I think it’s an intentional aspect of the sound design. Many of the the callouts are meant to sound tin-y and vintage like an am radio. Maybe this is why speaker upgrades didn’t make a huge difference. I do wish there were more bass but this could be the first game I actually throw a sub under.

Side note: I have headphone jacks in my pins and I use sennheiser hd20 studio monitor cans. My Deadpool JP and TMNT sounds PHENOMENAL, STH is good and Godzilla is…sufficient. Which does make me think that the sounds could be mixed better. Lotta highs and mids and the low free are nearly non existent. If it’s on purpose it’s a bad choice…if an oversight. Bad oversight.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Godzilla Premium owner here.
So, my one beef with this game after having it for a month is that the quality of the sound does not appear to be up to par with some other recent Stern releases (such as Stranger Things). I went ahead and upgraded the speakers to Flipper Fidelity but it didn't make much of a difference. My concern is that underlying quality of the sound and the highs and lows are a bit lacking.
Am I crazy, spoiled, a mixture of those two things or am I on to something that other owners feel is a concern? Anyone have any sound adjustment recommendations? Thanks!

#7922 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Garbage in garbage out as it were. Also it’s way better and cheaper just to get off the shelf speakers if considering flipper fidelity. Check out the diy audio thread. But I though the sound on this game is pretty solid. Didn’t notice a huge drop off from Stranger Things. Just the fact we actually have stereo sound now is good.

Well, usually I just do an external sub and call it a day. I have Flipper Fidelity in a few games and it helped my Star Trek out a ton...I love Godzilla (what an incredible game!) so I decided to go all out with FF speaker set... I think it is primarily the Godzilla roar not hitting the highs and the sound effects not hitting a big bass. I'm not an audio file but sound is important to me in pinball machines.

I'm wondering if it is a recording transfer issue or something on Sterns end that they can improve, maybe it is just unreasonable expectations on my side...always possible.

#7923 2 years ago

So what is the fix/protection for the plastic above the magnet on a premium? Mine just broke today.

#7924 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, usually I just do an external sub and call it a day. I have Flipper Fidelity in a few games and it helped my Star Trek out a ton...I love Godzilla (what an incredible game!) so I decided to go all out with FF speaker set... I think it is primarily the Godzilla roar not hitting the highs and the sound effects not hitting a big bass. I'm not an audio file but sound is important to me in pinball machines.
I'm wondering if it is a recording transfer issue or something on Sterns end that they can improve, maybe it is just unreasonable expectations on my side...always possible.

The bass on a tilt with an external sub is nuts. Also mecha multiball is good too with a sub.

#7925 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Game is unreal with pinwoofer and klipsch sub.

#7926 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

So what is the fix/protection for the plastic above the magnet on a premium? Mine just broke today.

Stern is making a modification kit. If you contact them, they will put you on the list. Still waiting for one.

#7927 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Why wouldn’t stern or JJP just purchase the same items that are available to us?

Why would a manufacturer want to buy retail.. or even wholesale.. if they didn't have to? They want to pay the least markup possible and control their own destiny. They have buyers to manage those relationships... and buy in manufacturing level quantities. You and I don't.

A business like Stern will often buy from an established market retailer when they are fresh to a space... but eventually want to cut that middleman out and generally will. (See socketed LEDs, etc)

#7928 2 years ago

I realized this morning that my inventory was getting low (was down to three remaining) on the SDTM roof mod fix so I fired up all the printers and went to work. If anyone is looking to pick up a roof mod for the Prem / LE, I should have about 30 boxed up and ready to ship by tomorrow evening. I also have 11 MechaGodzilla interactive shield mods boxed up and ready to go if you are looking for one. The lens on the shield mod is also GITD and I caught the picture below after closing down my workspace for the night.

I posted the links to the two mods and I ship either same day or the following morning.

Off to update game code and check out what is new in .91!

SDTM Roof Mod Fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

Interactive Shield Mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05798-mechagodzilla-interactive-shield-mod-godzilla-prem-le

03143D98-C239-4AE5-B14C-D0686C94D2D5 (resized).jpeg03143D98-C239-4AE5-B14C-D0686C94D2D5 (resized).jpegBF7094B4-D92D-46D9-9FAC-BF27E6C46C30 (resized).jpegBF7094B4-D92D-46D9-9FAC-BF27E6C46C30 (resized).jpeg59679AD4-3746-43C4-9BB3-EB9D842DFE6E (resized).jpeg59679AD4-3746-43C4-9BB3-EB9D842DFE6E (resized).jpeg5B1436DA-735A-4D60-B1F9-23B77A7C0CE1 (resized).jpeg5B1436DA-735A-4D60-B1F9-23B77A7C0CE1 (resized).jpeg
#7929 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Can anyone verify who the voice actor is in Godzilla? Is this the same guy who does the Batman 66 narrative?

John DiMaggio is the news announcer and New York guy. Unsure about others.
He's the voice of Bender in Futurama among other things.

#7930 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Stern is making a modification kit. If you contact them, they will put you on the list. Still waiting for one.

I've been waiting a couple of months now for mine. In the meantime, I've just stuck a chunk of cotton on there....seems to be protecting it until the kit arrives.

#7931 2 years ago

Sound upgrades....

Everyone talking about sound mods, you need to check out this thread. It's a thread solely based on DIY sound upgrades.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

Before you spend money on speakers, aftermarket kits, amps etc. It would behoove you to star and watch that thread. It covers so much stuff, with so many people adding their mods and writeups, help with some technical details from guys who are versed in electronics, and real good one on one speaker comparisons.

Great info, great people posting, great results.

GZ is the main platform I'm testing on. And I can tell you there are sooooo many ways to improve it based on what you are after. Read the Kicker vs JBL soaker fight posted a few days ago and see what I mean.

20220216_194734 (resized).jpg20220216_194734 (resized).jpg

#7932 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just a suggestion - the pin doesn't come with high-carbon steel pinballs - I'd suggest buying a set for your pin - they really should be used for all pins with magnets...it may help with the residual magnetism problem...a cheap solution....
Matt
M&M Creations

Hi Matt,

i use in all my machines only high-carbon steel low magnetic pinballs.

#7933 2 years ago

https://share.icloud.com/photos/01eJmLWgNdiDuRidpO4KVR3Dw#Folsom

I like how the fire effect goes with this Sparky topper

#7934 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The bass on a tilt with an external sub is nuts. Also mecha multiball is good too with a sub.

Totally. I brought this up with Jerry Thompson and he said he's only heard it on headphones. I invited him over to hear it on my B&W PV1D external sub where it shakes your pants legs!

#7935 2 years ago

My Wizard Blades are supposed to be coming tomorrow. Anyone else get those? Or did you get the official Stern ones?

#7936 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Just a suggestion - the pin doesn't come with high-carbon steel pinballs - I'd suggest buying a set for your pin - they really should be used for all pins with magnets...it may help with the residual magnetism problem...a cheap solution....

Any suggestion on the best vendor for these? Thanks!

#7937 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I had ball baron carbon core in gz, lasted 200 or so plays and still magnetized. Using bc precision shiny ones now off amazon

#7938 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I use the Polaris Carbon Steel pinballs and I buy them through Mezel Mods.

https://mezelmods.com/products/carbon-steel-pinball?utm_campaign=Spently%20Shipment%20Delivered%20Email&utm_medium=notification_email&utm_source=spently

#7939 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I had ball baron carbon core in gz, lasted 200 or so plays and still magnetized. Using bc precision shiny ones now off amazon

Quoted from TonyVrd:

I use the Polaris Carbon Steel pinballs and I buy them through Mezel Mods.

Thanks to you both for the recommendations. I'll check out both options.

#7940 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Ball Baron is whom provides the Polaris Carbon that Mezel Mod sells - it's cheaper to buy from Ball Baron direct....but given what Hayfarmer said - maybe go with BC Precision's Carbon balls via Amazon.....

#7941 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls will never magnetize. Or at least I’ve never seen it happen.

#7942 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Sound upgrades....
Everyone talking about sound mods, you need to check out this thread. It's a thread solely based on DIY sound upgrades.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route
Before you spend money on speakers, aftermarket kits, amps etc. It would behoove you to star and watch that thread. It covers so much stuff, with so many people adding their mods and writeups, help with some technical details from guys who are versed in electronics, and real good one on one speaker comparisons.
Great info, great people posting, great results.
GZ is the main platform I'm testing on. And I can tell you there are sooooo many ways to improve it based on what you are after. Read the Kicker vs JBL soaker fight posted a few days ago and see what I mean.
[quoted image]

I’ve used those JBLs before. Great speakers.

#7943 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

My Wizard Blades are supposed to be coming tomorrow. Anyone else get those? Or did you get the official Stern ones?

Wiz blades are high quality and they always seem to have a fantastic design. Highly recommend them the only downside is they are international so it will take a little longer to get

#7944 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I went official, but i think both sets look nice.

#7945 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Ordered the official Sterns ahead of my premium delivery. The Wizards look cool though!

#7946 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Titan pinball standard shiny balls will never magnetize. Or at least I’ve never seen it happen.

Just added balls to my Titan order. Thanks

#7947 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If this is happening it’s your setup. Not the switch.

Im with you, but im a sucker for playing with new technology

Quoted from unclerudy:

Couldnt be happier with them. Artwork and quality are both up there.

20220105_212505 (resized).jpg20220105_212505 (resized).jpg
#7948 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Im with you, but im a sucker for playing with new technology

Circa 1922! Haha

#7949 2 years ago

What color titan rubbers did you swap out? Are they all the same color, or are they different? If they are different, which color and what sizes?

#7950 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

What color titan rubbers did you swap out? Are they all the same color, or are they different? If they are different, which color and what sizes?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2002

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/159?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.