PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 548.
#7851 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The switch is stiff enough it can cause hangups when fully up. I’ve had to bend the switch on a fee examples to keep it from happening. Just making the blade not as tall above the playfield is all it takes (pulling the hoop down)

I'll keep eye on it but I'm guessing I wld of seen a issue by now as it's been months and 500+ games. Mine feeds really nice 95 percent of the time too. I may have ajusted that switch on my initial run-down of the playfield when I set it up tho.

#7852 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Thanks Sonic for the rollover. This helped the ball stuck issue i was having. The slot itself is still a potential hangup, but doesnt seem to happen anymore with the switch actuator removed.
[quoted image]

What exactly is this picture showing? I can see there's something going on at that switch, but I'm not sure what exactly...so now I'm curious. Could you elaborate?
I see a few recent posts here about the switches and hangups at the switches above the shooter lane. Fortunately, I have not yet to experience any of these hang-ups myself, but I assume folks are having issues with the switch right below the pop bumper??, or are individuals having issues both at that switch and the switch to the right of the pop bumper just above the shooter lane?
I'm curious as to what exactly this fix is that you are showing. Thanks!

#7853 2 years ago

GAWD... I want to love this game. My son and I played both the premium and pro. We are pretty convinced that the premium is the way to go, but we just don't get the hype. Its a cool game but not mind blowing by any means. We struggled with trying to love GnR too despite it being the greatest pin ever. Maybe we just need more plays on GZ. But THAT won't happen because.. wait for it.. you can't actually buy one. And so we just circle the wagons and hope Stern can catch up with demand. . Someday. Yes I know.. play one on location.. but the local places really don't take care of or dial in their pins. Actually pretty frustrating. Certainly a different thread topic.

#7854 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If your mechzilla goes Alien mode.. don't wait. Get to the screw before the mech comes apart.
[quoted image]
Here's the setup.. the pan head screw holding the magnet can work free.
[quoted image]
It's kind of a PITA because that spring washer doesn't fit through the plastic shell easily, so if it escapes the magnet pole.. it's a PITA to get on the magnet, through the hole, and aligned with the coil at once. I had pulled it out, bent it a bit narrower.. and by not aligning it with the coil, I was able to get it halfway through the hole, and force it through with the magnet pole... then get it in the coil.
But note when trying to put the screw back in, you have to lift the coil (it's otherwise not supported) up some to get a nice squared fit for the screw. You can't hold the magnet to keep it from spinning either, but the spring washer is there I think to help get that tension for you. Recommend putting some locktite on the screw when you re-install it.
Probably easier if you took the mech off completely, but I didn't see an easy way to get to the screws holding mechzilla on.

It looked like the Mechagodzilla magnet on my machine was starting to pop out slightly but I wasn't certain. I recalled this post and so I checked that panhead screw while I had the glass off and sure enough, it was loose. I tightened it down and all looks good for now. As flynnibus said, watch out for Alien mode!

#7855 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

GAWD... I want to love this game. My son and I played both the premium and pro. We are pretty convinced that the premium is the way to go, but we just don't get the hype. Its a cool game but not mind blowing by any means. We struggled with trying to love GnR too despite it being the greatest pin ever. Maybe we just need more plays on GZ. But THAT won't happen because.. wait for it.. you can't actually buy one. And so we just circle the wagons and hope Stern can catch up with demand. . Someday. Yes I know.. play one on location.. but the local places really don't take care of or dial in their pins. Actually pretty frustrating. Certainly a different thread topic.

I love Godzilla and can’t stand GnR if that helps any. GnR is so repetitive and boring IMO. But pinball is a very personal thing. Whats one persons GOAT is another’s trash. Play what you enjoy.

#7856 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I love Godzilla and can’t stand GnR if that helps any. GnR is so repetitive and boring IMO. But pinball is a very personal thing. Whats one persons GOAT is another’s trash. Play what you enjoy.

GNR LE came and gone GZ Prem still here and will be for the long haul, it's the shiznay!!!

#7857 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

What exactly is this picture showing? I can see there's something going on at that switch, but I'm not sure what exactly...so now I'm curious. Could you elaborate?
I see a few recent posts here about the switches and hangups at the switches above the shooter lane. Fortunately, I have not yet to experience any of these hang-ups myself, but I assume folks are having issues with the switch right below the pop bumper??, or are individuals having issues both at that switch and the switch to the right of the pop bumper just above the shooter lane?
I'm curious as to what exactly this fix is that you are showing. Thanks!

What you are 'not' seeing - is one of our products: a rollover MRS (magnetic reed switch) - it's found in dozens of pins - most prolifically Rick & Morty....it's a plug/play replacement for mechanically activated rollover switches (for any make/model) - a fancy way of saying it is contactless.....it sits just below the playfield slot and is activated in the presence of the ball....MRS' were first developed and utilized in 90's era Williams pins....

Matt
M&M Creations
"We Don't Touch Your Balls..."

#7858 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

What you are 'not' seeing - is one of our products: a rollover MRS (magnetic reed switch) - it's found in dozens of pins - most prolifically Rick & Morty....it's a plug/play replacement for mechanically activated rollover switches (for any make/model) - a fancy way of saying it is contactless.....it sits just below the playfield slot and is activated in the presence of the ball....MRS' were first developed and utilized in 90's era Williams pins....
Matt
M&M Creations

How do you order them and how much are they?

#7859 2 years ago

We sell on Pinside via word-of-mouth/testimonial....simply shoot me a PM

You can find dozens and dozens of posts on Pinside about our various MRS products....

Matt
M&M Creations

#7860 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Mine was just getting stuck there at least once every few games. Usually caused a tilt warning to get it shaken loose.

If this is happening it’s your setup. Not the switch.

#7861 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Matt
M&M Creations

Wow. That sounds amazing. Great innovation!! Can't believe I haven't heard of this till now.
I almost wish I did have a switch issue, cuz I'd love to try one of these. But great to know there's an innovative solution out there for this issue, for sure! Thanks for your response to my question.

#7862 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Here is what I pulled off with the matrix fire LEDs.
2 under the bridge
2 under Drake targets
1 front right of the Drake hiding behind a wireforn
2 inside the ball lock building behind the Drake facing up to backlight the plastic and 1 facing down to light up the metal.
All tied to the shaker thanks to the guidance sushko gave me.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If this is happening it’s your setup. Not the switch.

I have adjusted plenty of switches on games this can happen without it being a setup issue. It is usually just bending the switch down a little bit. It doesn't happen much on Stern games because the switch is curved.

#7863 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I have adjusted plenty of switches on games this can happen without it being a setup issue. It is usually just bending the switch down a little bit. It doesn't happen much on Stern games because the switch is curved.

Yep. That’s the setup issue I’m talking about. Not the natural physical nature of the switch.

#7864 2 years ago

Just a heads up that Karl/IEPinball will be streaming Godzilla tomorrow and giving away Tibetan Breeze kits (winner's choice which one), T-shirts, etc. It was postponed from the superbowl playoff stream that killed his internet at the end of last month and had to be aborted.

Prize-bearing stream's tomorrow 2PM PST, iepinball twitch channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

2022-02-20 stream (resized).jpg2022-02-20 stream (resized).jpg
#7865 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Not sure if this is really in the new code

I think it would only do that if signed in on Karl's Insider Connected account or something.

#7866 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Playing pinball on location always sucks. You can’t make a decision by playing on location. Find a dealer or a friend that you can play the game at.

I own both pins and GNR is definitely a tougher game to warm up to. It took me 6 months or more to like it and appreciate it, I considered selling it, but I didn’t, thankfully because I do love it now. It is an amazing game and the best music pin and it also doesn’t hurt that my wife loves it.

Godzilla is also definitely a great/amazing game. I like Godzilla but I’m not a huge Godzilla fan and I’m not crazy about the theme. But, you cannot deny that Godzilla is an amazing game. I’m glad this is the Keith Elwin pin I purchased. All I can say is, until he makes something better and it is a theme I love… this will be my Elwin pin.

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I agree with pinball being very personal. If you don’t love the them 100% you will only end up getting rid if it for something that you do. (Nothing wrong with that either) Just play it enjoy it and sell it for something else you want!

Good luck to you.

#7867 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

It looked like the Mechagodzilla magnet on my machine was starting to pop out slightly but I wasn't certain. I recalled this post and so I checked that panhead screw while I had the glass off and sure enough, it was loose. I tightened it down and all looks good for now. As flynnibus said, watch out for Alien mode!

Do you have to take a bunch of plastics off to get to the screw? I wanna check mine in the morning.

#7868 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I take my kids up to Pinball Palace in Brunswick for location play. It’s a little bit of a drive, but very much worth in our opinion.

#7869 2 years ago

Install my LerMods oxygen destroyer yesterday. For those who haven't installed theirs yet, a couple of tricky parts needed to be worked through. The stock mounting screw is a tiny bit too short even after removing the washer, so I had to use a little museum putty (under the mount point) to hold it in place until I can get a longer screw. Also, getting the wire ran down the inlane\outlane guide without obstructing the ball was a bit challenging. I used some thoughtfully placed tape and zip ties to keep in the center. Affixing it with zip ties to the end posts alone allowed the harness to swim slightly and catch the ball in the outlane. Maybe if you are able to get the harness slack tight enough, the tape wouldn't be required. Overall, I like the way it looks, and whenever Stern adds the OD into the code, it will stand out (obviously) as a bigger feature in the game. Even without the code, it still looks cool.

20220219_132401 (resized).jpg20220219_132401 (resized).jpg
#7870 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Install my LerMods oxygen destroyer yesterday. For those who haven't installed theirs yet, a couple of tricky parts needed to be worked through. The stock mounting screw is a tiny bit too short even after removing the washer, so I had to use a little museum putty (under the mount point) to hold it in place until I can get a longer screw. Also, getting the wire ran down the inlane\outlane guide without obstructing the ball was a bit challenging. I used some thoughtfully placed tape and zip ties to keep in the center. Affixing it with zip ties to the end posts alone allowed the harness to swim slightly and catch the ball in the outlane. Maybe if you are able to get the harness slack tight enough, the tape wouldn't be required. Overall, I like the way it looks, and whenever Stern adds the OD into the code, it will stand out (obviously) as a bigger feature in the game. Even without the code, it still looks cool.
[quoted image]

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Just a quick response. Not sure why the screw is short on your game, I used the same screw in my game with no issue. What I’ll do is include a longer screw going forward. On running the wire, it’s definitely a little tricky because the area is tight and the closest hole to feed the wire down is closer to the flipper, not much way around it, but with a little patience you can get it just right. We include zip ties to help secure the wire. As we state in the instructions, it’s better to run the wire on the inlane side than the outlane side. I had issues with the ball interfering on the outlane side, but inlane side it clears.

#7871 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hey, thanks for your feedback. Just a quick response. Not sure why the screw is short on your game, I used the same screw in my game with no issue. What I’ll do is include a longer screw going forward. On running the wire, it’s definitely a little tricky because the area is tight and the closest hole to feed the wire down is closer to the flipper, not much way around it, but with a little patience you can get it just right. We include zip ties to help secure the wire. As we state in the instructions, it’s better to run the wire on the inlane side than the outlane side. I had issues with the ball interfering on the outlane side, but inlane side it clears.

I just finished reading the mod thread and seen where another Pinsider ran into the short screw problem. He said it was due to the extra thickness added by the plastic protector. That is going to be the issue with mine as well. I didn't think about that at the time when I was installing it. Maybe add a note in your instructions regarding the plastic protectors (as a reminder)? I think a lot of people here have the protectors installed. Thanks for a great mod!

#7872 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just finished reading the mod thread and seen where another Pinsider ran into the short screw problem. He said it was due to the extra thickness added by the plastic protector. That is going to be the issue with mine as well. I didn't think about that at the time when I was installing it. Maybe add a note in your instructions regarding the plastic protectors (as a reminder)? I think a lot of people here have the protectors installed. Thanks for a great mod!

I’m going to include a longer screw so nobody has an issue. What’s needed is a #6-32 2-1/4 or 2-1/2 screw.

On the OD insert not being integrated, it still lights up and flashes at times so the OD mod will still light, it’s just that it’s not coded.

#7873 2 years ago

Come to my location. Headphone jacks in every game, shakers motors and mods galore. A home experience in the wild. Some operators are better than others but it doesn’t “always suck”

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Playing pinball on location always sucks. You can’t make a decision by playing on location. Find a dealer or a friend that you can play the game at.
I own both pins and GNR is definitely a tougher game to warm up to. It took me 6 months or more to like it and appreciate it, I considered selling it, but I didn’t, thankfully because I do love it now. It is an amazing game and the best music pin and it also doesn’t hurt that my wife loves it.
Godzilla is also definitely a great/amazing game. I like Godzilla but I’m not a huge Godzilla fan and I’m not crazy about the theme. But, you cannot deny that Godzilla is an amazing game. I’m glad this is the Keith Elwin pin I purchased. All I can say is, until he makes something better and it is a theme I love… this will be my Elwin pin.

I agree with pinball being very personal. If you don’t love the them 100% you will only end up getting rid if it for something that you do. (Nothing wrong with that either) Just play it enjoy it and sell it for something else you want!
Good luck to you.

#7874 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Playing pinball on location always sucks.

No.

#7875 2 years ago

He would have hated the 80s and 90s.

#7876 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wow. That sounds amazing. Great innovation!! Can't believe I haven't heard of this till now.
I almost wish I did have a switch issue, cuz I'd love to try one of these. But great to know there's an innovative solution out there for this issue, for sure! Thanks for your response to my question.

Have a couple on my Rick & Morty - legit product, lots of help. Anytime that wireform can be in the way or direct the ball a small variant in direction. These are just "there", they don't really exist...ha

#7877 2 years ago

Been sick in bed the last few days and didn’t even know the oxygen destroyer was released. Will they be in stock again?
Good price compared to this 1 prop.
[att=6788479

3F20143F-0A1D-4687-8929-C5B1C32F9080 (resized).jpeg3F20143F-0A1D-4687-8929-C5B1C32F9080 (resized).jpeg
#7878 2 years ago

Been sick in bed the last few days and didn’t even know the oxygen destroyer was released. Will they be in stock again? Good price compared to this 1 prop.

070431E8-05A8-4446-8C44-8D972D41000B (resized).jpeg070431E8-05A8-4446-8C44-8D972D41000B (resized).jpeg
#7879 2 years ago

Been sick in bed the last few days and didn’t even know the oxygen destroyer was released. Will they be in stock again? If you want a full scale one for a topper here you go.

C837FF18-FC2E-4495-82FB-47285379D961 (resized).jpegC837FF18-FC2E-4495-82FB-47285379D961 (resized).jpeg
#7880 2 years ago

Anyone know how to get into the Jukebox mode?

#7881 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Been sick in bed the last few days and didn’t even know the oxygen destroyer was released. Will they be in stock again? If you want a full scale one for a topper here you go.
[quoted image]

I believe they're making them in rolling batches of 10 units, so there should be more coming.

#7882 2 years ago

Does anyone else have ball hang very low on mechazilla magnet area??

Not sure how to fix or if this is normal.

Can't find increase magnet strength setting or any setting besides enable/disable. Also not definite, but might be getting held lower with each code update?!?! Protecting drop zone area or something...this might just be my imagination though.

Thanks in advance for any tips or info.

D23A876F-DB8F-4FE1-99C1-17A64764A0CD (resized).jpegD23A876F-DB8F-4FE1-99C1-17A64764A0CD (resized).jpeg
#7883 2 years ago

I'm starting to hate the Monster Rampage mode, always pops up right at my third city and I'm on ball three. You have to hit shots to end it and always end up draining when close to finishing it.

#7884 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Anyone know how to get into the Jukebox mode?

Hold flippers in attract mode and use the flippers to move the mode type until it’s on DJ mixer.

#7885 2 years ago

So the Left Fighter Lane, light #3 will not light. Checked what I believe are all the connections and even replaced the LED strip and that single LED still does not operate. Any tech suggestions? Thanks in advance for any inputs.

20220220_replacement 1 (resized).jpg20220220_replacement 1 (resized).jpg
#7886 2 years ago

Just likely overpaid for an LE NIB. Do I keep it or wait for a premium?

#7887 2 years ago

I purchased a NIB LE a few weeks ago and I had thought the same thing about ordering a premium. Since it was my first (working) pin I decided not to wait and paid the high markup. I thought it was worth it since I liked the theme, it had great reviews and it looked like a lot of fun. I unboxed and my kids and I have been having a great time with it, no regrets

#7888 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

So the Left Fighter Lane, light #3 will not light. Checked what I believe are all the connections and even replaced the LED strip and that single LED still does not operate. Any tech suggestions? Thanks in advance for any inputs.
[quoted image]

Repin the connector to that board b

#7889 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Repin the connector to that board b

Thanks. As I continued working on it, the loose pin backed out more so it was noticeable.
Back up and running.

20220220_133557 (resized).jpg20220220_133557 (resized).jpg

#7890 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just likely overpaid for an LE NIB. Do I keep it or wait for a premium?

If you paid over $10,500 you got fleeced… I would go MSRP on a premium and just wait it out.

#7891 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If you paid over $10,500 you got fleeced… I would go MSRP on a premium and just wait it out.

Count me among those who were happily “fleeced.”

Zero regrets.

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Count me among those who were happily “fleeced.”
Zero regrets.

Nice.

I guess I’ll just enjoy my premium at MSRP which is the same exact game, minus a $100 powder coat job and a $50 mirrored backglass.

#7893 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:If you paid over $10,500 you got fleeced… I would go MSRP on a premium and just wait it out.

You can easily get 13k for a used LE right now. If anything over 10.5 is fleeced, then call me a sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaa!

#7894 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You can easily get 13k for a used LE right now. If anything over 10.5 is fleeced, then call me a sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Take the $13k and run.

#7895 2 years ago

Enjoy your Godzillas what ever price you paid.

Thanks !

#7896 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I believe they're making them in rolling batches of 10 units, so there should be more coming.

Awesome. Thank you!

#7897 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Nice.
I guess I’ll just enjoy my premium at MSRP which is the same exact game, minus a $100 powder coat job and a $50 mirrored backglass.

I am enjoying my $6600 pro and waiting for JP premium to ship. No way I can justify paying marked up LE prices ever. I played an LE so no premium/LE owners need to tell me I am missing out. The upcharge wasn’t worth it to me. With my mods added the pro is great. One of the best pros out there.

#7898 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Does anyone else have ball hang very low on mechazilla magnet area??
Not sure how to fix or if this is normal.
Can't find increase magnet strength setting or any setting besides enable/disable. Also not definite, but might be getting held lower with each code update?!?! Protecting drop zone area or something...this might just be my imagination though.
Thanks in advance for any tips or info.
[quoted image]

My Mechagodzilla is holding the Ball exactly the same.

#7899 2 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

My Mechagodzilla is holding the Ball exactly the same.

Just a suggestion - the pin doesn't come with high-carbon steel pinballs - I'd suggest buying a set for your pin - they really should be used for all pins with magnets...it may help with the residual magnetism problem...a cheap solution....

Matt
M&M Creations

#7900 2 years ago

I just had to swap out all three of my coil stops last night. The right flipper was sticking and I knew right away it was probably the coil stop since my AIQ had this issue at around 6mos old. I assumed I'd just change them out as they went bad but when I pulled playfield into service pos there was gold dust under all three flipper assemblies and the coils stops were all spinning freely . I was hoping Stern fixed this but obviously they're still using poor quality parts all around. Im going to see if they'll send me some replacement coil stops since the games not even five months old yet. I will keep them on hand when another fails.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.