PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 548.
#7801 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm very happy with the saucer from Sleal16 for way less $$$ - color and design match the images of the saucers in the art and footage of the game better too. I don't quite get the chrome version.
I'd like to see a version that is a larger diameter though - everything available so far is about the same diameter as the pop itself. Unless I'm missing a reason that wouldn't work, a larger saucer would hide some of the pop mechanism and look more substantial. Be interesting to see a mock up anyway...
Couple pics of mine, from Sleal:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sleal and I were chatting up the idea of a full motion UFO mod when hit (attack from mars or R&M style). I bet if there are any talented engineer/modders out there with the motivation Seal would here you out on a collaboration of sorts. I just don't have those skills.

#7802 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Huge update, wow
Awesome work team Godzilla !
Appreciate the ease of internet connectivity for code update.
Guessing file will be close to 6 gigs by the time we hit 1.0.
Wild ![quoted image][quoted image]

Yea, 6GBs certainly seems like alot, but it's gotta vary greatly between pins with all the assets, right?

Anyone know what total availabile storage space within the latest SPIKE pins is?

#7803 2 years ago

Any confirmation that the video compression was improved from 0.90?

#7804 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

My upper left spinner skill shot only works about 1/4 of the time because the bail is too short and the ball slides past thru the opening without crediting the points....was hoping they'd do something about that.

This sounds more like a mechanical issue rather than something that can be resolved through a code update. If the spinner is not moving during that 1/4 of the time, then it may be sitting too high or not aligned correctly with the ball path. If it is spinning correctly, then check to make sure that the arm is making good contact with the switch blade and enough to trigger the switch. If not, then some adjustment is needed there. It may require bending the switch blade upward slightly to get better contact.

#7805 2 years ago

Is there any way to add time in the Kaiju battles?

#7806 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is there any way to add time in the Kaiju battles?

Yep

#7807 2 years ago

Has this rules PDF from Stern been posted before? First time I'm seeing it, was linked in the .91 code readme, I overlooked it if it was in previous versions. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Godzilla-Rulesheet.pdf

#7808 2 years ago

Care to share? Lol

#7809 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Yea, 6GBs certainly seems like alot, but it's gotta vary greatly between pins with all the assets, right?
Anyone know what total availabile storage space within the latest SPIKE pins is?

The SD card is the limit at the moment. I think Stern ships them all with only 8gb.

#7810 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The SD card is the limit at the moment. I think Stern ships them all with only 8gb.

lol

#7811 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Care to share? Lol

Sure, go into the menus and find it like I did. Life isn't easy! Lol just kidding
20220218_161416 (resized).jpg20220218_161416 (resized).jpg

#7812 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Sure, go into the menus and find it like I did. Life isn't easy! Lol just kidding
[quoted image]

Any way to add time in-game?

#7813 2 years ago

Diddys building mod arrived and holy shit it is amazing!
If you have a pro it's a must have!

45E77226-68AB-4A3A-9B53-F57CA3AE1032 (resized).jpeg45E77226-68AB-4A3A-9B53-F57CA3AE1032 (resized).jpeg8BE07F2E-404D-43D9-81EF-1D9503B1A765 (resized).jpeg8BE07F2E-404D-43D9-81EF-1D9503B1A765 (resized).jpegB51907D6-497C-4DE5-88DE-74B7587E906B (resized).jpegB51907D6-497C-4DE5-88DE-74B7587E906B (resized).jpeg
#7814 2 years ago

Aren’t they sold out?

Quoted from frankmac:

Diddys building mod arrived and holy shit it is amazing!
If you have a pro it's a must have!

#7815 2 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Is this mod worth it for $130?

I paid $99 for mine. Will find out if it’s worth it once I receive it.

#7816 2 years ago

My left slingshot is going off randomly. Any advice on how to fix it?

#7817 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Check / adjust the leaf switches.

#7818 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Just widen the leaf a little. See the little flexible metal leaf tab that the rubber hits back on and flexes? There is a shorter, firmer one behind it, and when the front one flexes back and touches the back one, the circuit completes and the coil fires. Your leaf switch is touching together just from vibrations. You want to separate them a tiny bit. It doesn’t take much. Use something non-metal to spread them slightly. I’d usually just reach down and do it with a finger, but that’s kinda do as I say and not as I do, I suppose.

#7819 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Sell the game, you got a bad one.

#7820 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Sell the game, you got a bad one.

You're right it's garbage. $25,000 obo. That's how things go now right?

Thanks for the advice I'll tinker with it.

#7821 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Just widen the leaf a little. See the little flexible metal leaf tab that the rubber hits back on and flexes? There is a shorter, firmer one behind it, and when the front one flexes back and touches the back one, the circuit completes and the coil fires. Your leaf switch is touching together just from vibrations. You want to separate them a tiny bit. It doesn’t take much. Use something non-metal to spread them slightly. I’d usually just reach down and do it with a finger, but that’s kinda do as I say and not as I do, I suppose.

I looked and I see it. Thanks!

#7822 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

I looked and I see it. Thanks!

Cool. There are two on each sling. Just see which one is the most closed.

#7823 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

New Code!!!
V0.91.0 - February, 17th, 2022
=============================
- Godzilla Multiball - Jackpot value only increased by 25K instead of 50K for building hits
- Godzilla Multiball - Jackpot value only increased by 50K instead of 125K for building through shots
- Godzilla Multiball - Jackpot boosting for subsequent multiballs reduced from 500K to 250K
- Tesla Strike - mode is now ended if you select to travel to a new City when it is currently running
- Annihilation Bonus - adding "ANNIHILATION DRAIN BASE AMOUNT" adjustment which is what the mode total will reset to for Annihilation Bonuses after draining
- Annihilation Bonus - fixed an issue with Bonuses not ever contributing multipliers after you drain out of them when starting them again in a new city
- Annihilation Bonus - fixed an issue with Annihilation multiplier not being applied properly sometimes
- Annihilation Bonus - Bonuses are now active during all Tier 2 battle modes
- Saucer Attack - added Destruction Jackpot +1X + Light Destruction Jackpot at 20 and 30 Saucer threshold
- Saucer Attack - 2 second grace period added
- Saucer Attack Multiball - updating intro video to include Xilien popup and better starting choreography
- Heat Ray - fixed an issue where pressing and holding the Action Button when the ball is draining will sometimes allow you to hold the button and keep the game from ending
- City Select - fixed an issue when playing a Tier 2 mode and completing it before completing a Tier 1 mode causes a Rematch message to be shown when a Rematch is no longer possible
- Super Train - now only allowed once per game, and 50M points are awarded for future thresholds
- Planet X - flippers are now killed when the Xiliens are defeated when shooting into the scoop, Victory phase will begin by launching balls out of the trough again
- Planet X - fixed an issue where the Award and Jackpot light shows were hiding the active shots
- Planet X - fixed an issue where the music would cut out randomly in the Victory phase
- Planet X - fixed an issue where the Xilien transmission would be seen again if you win the Victory phase
- Planet X - removed the Xilien callouts in the Victory phase
- Imposter Battle - fixed an issue where it could be triggered more than once per lighting
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effect to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- High Score Champions - added the following high score champions:
- JET FIGHTER DESTROYER
- TESLA STRIKE CHAMPION
- POWERLINE ANNIHILATION CHAMPION
- TANK ATTACK MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- TANK ANNIHILATION CHAMPION
- BRIDGE ATTACK MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- BRIDGE ANNIHILATION CHAMPION
- GODZILLA, MOTHRA, AND RODAN VS. KING GHIDORAH CHAMPION
- GODZILLA AND JET JAGUAR VS. MEGALON AND GIGAN CHAMPION
- GODZILLA AND ANGUIRUS VS. GHIDORAH AND GIGAN CHAMPION
- DESTRUCTION JACKPOT CHAMPION
- CARNAGE BONUS CHAMPION
- MONSTER RAMPAGE CHAMPION
- SAUCER DESTROYER
- SAUCER ATTACK MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- EARTH BONUS CHAMPION
- PLANET X MULTIBALL CHAMPION
- HEDORAH CHAMPION
- TAIL WHIP CHAMPION
- ALLY CHAMPION
- MOTHRA CHAMPION
- RODAN CHAMPION
- ANGUIRUS CHAMPION
- HEAT RAY CHAMPION
- TRAIN CHAMPION
- SUPER TRAIN CHAMPION
- TRAIN JACKPOT CHAMPION
- LOOP CHAMPION
- CONSECUTIVE LOOP CHAMPION
- UNIQUE SKILL SHOT CHAMPION
- CITY COMBO CHAMPION
- SECRET COMBO CHAMPION
- IMPOSTER BATTLE CHAMPION
- Insider Connected - added the following Achievements:
- Skill Shot - Make the Skill Shot
- Mecha Skill Shot - Make a Mecha Lane Skill Shot
- Secret Skill Shot - Make a Secret Skill Shot
- Super Secret Skill Shot - Make the Super Secret Skill Shot
- Rage Combo - Complete a Rage Combo
- King Ghidorah Win - Score 100 Million+ in Battle vs. King Ghidorah
- King Ghidorah Big Win - Score 500 Million+ in Battle vs. King Ghidorah
- Megalon and Gigan Win - Score 30 Million+ in Battle vs Megalon and Gigan
- Megalon and Gigan Big Win - Score 100 Million+ in Battle vs. Megalon and Gigan
- Ghidorah and Gigan Win - Score 100 Million+ in Battle vs. Ghidorah and Gigan
- Ghidorah and Gigan Big Win - Score 500 Million+ in Battle vs. Ghidorah and Gigan
- Bridge Attack Multiball - Super Get a Super Jackpot in Bridge Attack Multiball
- Saucer Attack - Destroy a Saucer
- Double Saucer Attack - Destroy 2 Saucers at once using an alley pass to the pop bumper
- Saucer Attack Multiball - Start Saucer Attack Multiball
- Saucer Attack Multiball Saucer Jackpot - Get a Saucer Jackpot in Saucer Attack Multiball
- Saucer Destroyer - Bronze - Destroy 15 Saucers - Lifetime
- Saucer Destroyer - Silver - Destroy 50 Saucers - Lifetime
- Saucer Destroyer - Gold - Destroy 100 Saucers - Lifetime
- Planet X Start - Start Planet X Multiball
- Planet X Complete - Complete Planet X Multiball
- Planet X Victory Complete - Complete Victory phase of Planet X
- City Combo - Collect a City Combo
- City Combo Set - Collect all the City Combos in one city
- 5 City Combos - Collect 5 City Combos in a single game
- All City Combos - Collect all the City Combos in all the cities
- City Combos - Bronze - Collect 10 City Combos - Lifetime
- City Combos - Silver - Collect 25 City Combos - Lifetime
- City Combos - Gold - Collect 50 City Combos - Lifetime
- Secret Combo - Collect a Secret Combo
- All Secret Combos - Collect all 10 Secret Combos in a single game
- Imposter Battle - Level 1 - Collect an Imposter Battle award
- Imposter Battle - Level 3 - Collect 3 Imposter Battle awards in a single game
- Adjustment Changes:
- added "ANNIHILATION DRAIN BASE AMOUNT" default:20M min:10M max:100M
- added default score / count adjustments for new high score champions above
- System - Updated to V3.07.0 on OS: V2.6.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.84.0

Since updating, the magna grab magnet only during Godzilla multiball isn’t releasing the balls. It will hold two and even three and won’t release until a ball search. This happen about 4 times already. New balls too not magnetized, only during this mode are we experiencing this.

#7825 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

You're right it's garbage. $25,000 obo. That's how things go now right?
Thanks for the advice I'll tinker with it.

Lol

#7826 2 years ago

Added a few items to the greatest pin ever today.
tdiddy Tesla Towers, Art Blades, and a Shaker motor. I gotta say, I didn’t think I could love this pin any more, but man was I wrong. Keeps getting better. The Official Stern blades are nice quality. Diddy’s towers are super cool, and add a nice touch of blue color up in that corner. Love how he tied into the spinner to make em light. The shaker motor surprised me and is integrated very well into this pin.

D05AF216-404A-4749-8A97-42340FC05689 (resized).jpegD05AF216-404A-4749-8A97-42340FC05689 (resized).jpeg2ADA7947-168B-4A03-9C45-305024649F53 (resized).jpeg2ADA7947-168B-4A03-9C45-305024649F53 (resized).jpeg018E760C-D2CC-40D0-B1F6-4647268E716B (resized).jpeg018E760C-D2CC-40D0-B1F6-4647268E716B (resized).jpeg

#7827 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Since updating, the magna grab magnet only during Godzilla multiball isn’t releasing the balls. It will hold two and even three and won’t release until a ball search. This happen about 4 times already. New balls too not magnetized, only during this mode are we experiencing this.

My new carbon core balls magnetized in 200 plays. Might swap out just to check

#7828 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My new carbon core balls magnetized in 200 plays. Might swap out just to check

They are brand new with only about six games plays on them, they release fine with all other grabs just GZ multiball.

#7829 2 years ago

CUSTOM
GODZILLA MODS

Hi have been working on some custom Godzilla mods.

Will be making these in batches of 20.

Lead time and price will be roughly
2 weeks unpainted
4-5 weeks painted

3D Slingshots
$50 or $90 painted for a pair.
Prices in AUD.

PM me for your interest

20220219_172946 (resized).jpg20220219_172946 (resized).jpg
#7830 2 years ago

Easy code update last night here, was followed by a severe electrical storm, so no gameplay last night
Another big day of home renos and I thought, man I have to play this new code.
I had an opportunity to play 0.91 today
Very impressed again
Stern coders have gone next level !
So many subtle and cool enhancements across the board just brilliant.

Light show oh yeah, nice upping the game !
Shaker so sweet, I felt that nice touch with shaker action. PERFECT, Kudos shaker coder dude, who e er you are ?
Building action further integrated.

Ultimately I was not over impressed with initial release, however I am a man changed.
Greatly enjoying Godzilla now.
So
Thanks coders for kicking ass extending KMEs vision making this amazing game !

#7831 2 years ago

I like mine too.

B3B19C24-05A8-4D5E-B46E-DEAB5F4976F4 (resized).jpegB3B19C24-05A8-4D5E-B46E-DEAB5F4976F4 (resized).jpeg
#7832 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Maybe 10 left .......

Will it fit on the premium?

#7833 2 years ago

Thanks Sonic for the rollover. This helped the ball stuck issue i was having. The slot itself is still a potential hangup, but doesnt seem to happen anymore with the switch actuator removed.

20220219_112027 (resized).jpg20220219_112027 (resized).jpg
#7834 2 years ago
Quoted from taz16:

Unfortunately,no. Which really is a crying shame cuz it looks so sweet.

#7835 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Added a few items to the greatest pin ever today.
tdiddy Tesla Towers, Art Blades, and a Shaker motor. I gotta say, I didn’t think I could love this pin any more, but man was I wrong. Keeps getting better. The Official Stern blades are nice quality. Diddy’s towers are super cool, and add a nice touch of blue color up in that corner. Love how he tied into the spinner to make em light. The shaker motor surprised me and is integrated very well into this pin.

Those Art Blades do look super cool, I think I'm going to put in an order to have them ready for when my pro arrives. I'm also going to grab a shaker motor while I'm at it.

Does anyone know the difference between these two versions up on Pinball Life? They appear like they'll both fit, but one is $10 cheaper that the other?

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Guessing the first one (Rev C) is just fine?

#7836 2 years ago

Yes, the rev C is what I've gotten for the past years for my Sterns and have been very happy every time. Easy hookup as well, only takes a minute or two to install.

#7837 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yes, the rev C is what I've gotten for the past years for my Sterns and have been very happy every time. Easy hookup as well, only takes a minute or two to install.

I second that!

#7838 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Thanks Sonic for the rollover. This helped the ball stuck issue i was having. The slot itself is still a potential hangup, but doesnt seem to happen anymore with the switch actuator removed.
[quoted image]

When we first played the pin at Expo - we thought this particular rollover would pose a problem - so we had already thought about a solution for it - this is the first application and looks good!! This is fantastic news to hear...thanks for the support!

Matt
M&M Creations
"We Don't Touch Your Balls..."

#7839 2 years ago
Quoted from taz16:

For the premium owners out there that are looking to upgrade the building, Lior, the art of pinball,is currently working on a design. He states that it's a full building replacement that will work for the pro or premium. No pictures yet but if it's half as impressive as his other offerings I'm sure it will still be mind-blowing. And yes we'll probably come with a hefty price tag.

#7840 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

[quoted image]

Looks good, I have yet to install mine for the rollover next to mecha, on mine to do list.

#7841 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks good, I have yet to install mine for the rollover next to mecha, on mine to do list.

We were wondering how it went!

Matt
M&M Creations

#7842 2 years ago

What's the problem with the switches in that area? I have had any or seen many issues posted?

#7843 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's the problem with the switches in that area? I have had any or seen many issues posted?

People probably want a more consistent feed there. The physical switch can change the ball’s path on slow rollers.

#7844 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People probably want a more consistent feed there. The physical switch can change the ball’s path on slow rollers.

Sounds like maybe the game needs raised up some if there is a issue? Mine is around 7 and haven't had anything stuck and good feeds from that area 95 percent of the time. But I suppose putting one those neat switches in cldnt hurt . Was just wondering as I haven't had or seen any issues on pins I've played

#7845 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sounds like maybe the game needs raised up some if there is a issue?

Not stuck. Just changes the path a hair. Really slow rollers could benefit from no physical switch there.

#7846 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not stuck. Just changes the path a hair. Really slow rollers could benefit from no physical switch there.

I saw a post about some issues with slow rollers, path changers, etc, so I decided to test it out for myself and see. Will most likely install tomorrow. I also like the one near the saucer as well as I have experienced a few issues in that area as well, but time will tell on that one. More details and pictures to follow.

Ken

#7847 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sounds like maybe the game needs raised up some if there is a issue? Mine is around 7 and haven't had anything stuck and good feeds from that area 95 percent of the time. But I suppose putting one those neat switches in cldnt hurt . Was just wondering as I haven't had or seen any issues on pins I've played

The switch is stiff enough it can cause hangups when fully up. I’ve had to bend the switch on a fee examples to keep it from happening. Just making the blade not as tall above the playfield is all it takes (pulling the hoop down)

#7848 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine was just getting stuck there at least once every few games. Usually caused a tilt warning to get it shaken loose.

#7849 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The switch is stiff enough it can cause hangups when fully up. I’ve had to bend the switch on a fee examples to keep it from happening. Just making the blade not as tall above the playfield is all it takes (pulling the hoop down)

I am with you on the standard switch and how to adjust. This mrs switch is a nice alternative, imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/157?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.