Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 547.
#7701 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium? With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

I went premium because it’s my first NIB, and I figured if I’m making the jump I’m going to do it all the way. When you start to purchase all of the mods for the Pro the price difference will tighten up…and I feel like the mechs that are in the premium are worth it. I also considered resale, and although I’m planning on keeping this one for a long time, I’m confident that the premium should do better on the used market over the short and long term.

All of that said the mods I’m seeing for the pro are awesome. My issue with pros has typically been the flat plastics and less of a “world under glass”, and what I’m seeing out there sure seems to take care of that.

#7702 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium? With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

mods can definitely make up for the flat plastics, and even make the building look better than the premium/le on a pro. however, you can't make up for the bridge breaking, the building mechanic, or the rotating target/ramp for mecha godzilla. i'm 100% satisfied with my premium, as i feel it has a great flow, and everything is laid out as it should be. the pro is great, but the premium really feels like it's worth that extra bump to me.

#7703 2 years ago

I chose the Premium and never looked back. It is the best machine I have ever played.

#7704 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Lots of discussion on this already in the thread if you do a quick search.

#7705 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Lots of opinions on this one. I have a premium and could live without the premium features. I was thinking the premium features could slow down game play but not sure how true that is.

#7706 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Appreciate all the input guys and your opinions. Biggest issue too right now is availability and $$$$.

#7707 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

This has been answered fairly extensively in this thread, even within the last week. If you scroll back through the last few pages you can read a ton of opinions on the topic.

#7708 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Really on the fence about picking up this title, because it's a dream theme for me. Leaning towards Pro, but would really like a Premium, but there tough to find, and for the extra 2K or more, unsure. Is the extra $$$ really worth it for the Premium?

Godzilla is shaping up to be one of the best machines of all time, it really is that much fun to play. The Pro is great, and the Prem/LE toys make the game play experience even more memorable/immersive. Overall flow is virtually identical from my experience playing both the Pro and Premium. Godzilla MB takes just as long to start on both. The Prem/LE building drops to release the three balls off the roof at once. The Pro hangs onto the ball on the Newton magnet during the video where the Premium building would lower, then lets go and auto-launches two more into play. It's like Raptor Capture on Jurassic Park; Pro players have an unskippable movie while the ball sits on the Control Room post where Prem/LE owners watch the raptor gate raise up from the playfield.

For the more technical gameplay impacts of the Prem/LE features, there is a Super Train mode that isn't in the Pro, plus the Mechagodzilla targets are easier to hit on Prem/LE since they rotate to where more flippers can hit them when they're active. The building's diverter can also make a difference for some modes like Jet Attack and the Gigan Kaiju battle by returning right ramp shots to the left flipper for an easier repeated right ramp shot.

Roughly the same for Mechagodzilla MB's start, although you do get a ball into play a little faster on the Pro since it drops down the lane to the flippers right away instead of sitting on the MG magnet before both launch two more balls into play. In my opinion, the easier to hit targets on the Prem/LE make up for the short wait.

The Prem/LE bridge looks better than an unmodded wire ramp, otherwise it doesn't really do much for the game. The bridge chatters when you hit the Newton magnet to damage/destroy the bridge, and it's fun to have the ball drop out of the rail for the start of Bridge Attack MB, that's about it.

Quoted from Bohdi:

With so many mods already out for this title, i'm wondering if Pro isn't just fine, then mod it as i want when i want. Thoughts?

A good portion of the mods are universal to both table models, or are designed to make the Pro look more like the Prem/LE which quickly narrows the price gap making the Pro's lower cost a moot point. It's also important to remember that the code isn't finished yet, so there may be more functionality coming that takes further advantage of the Prem/LE toys. Jurassic Park is a good example again, the T-Rex head's ball throw wasn't in the earlier code releases. The unreleased Terror of Mechagodzilla mode is the most plausible for a potential difference.

At the end of the day, you have to make the decision if the features of the Premium are worth the additional cost.

#7709 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

For the more technical gameplay impacts of the Prem/LE features, there is a Super Train mode that isn't in the Pro, plus the Mechagodzilla targets are easier to hit on Prem/LE since they rotate to where more flippers can hit them when they're active. The building's diverter can also make a difference for some modes like Jet Attack and the Gigan Kaiju battle by returning right ramp shots to the left flipper for an easier repeated right ramp shot.

Roughly the same for Mechagodzilla MB's start, although you do get a ball into play a little faster on the Pro since it drops down the lane to the flippers right away instead of sitting on the MG magnet before both launch two more balls into play. In my opinion, the easier to hit targets on the Prem/LE make up for the short wait.

Prem/LE definitely has several things that make for easier scoring. In addition to those listed above, there are 3 available city combos in every city vs two, meaining you can score an extra ball without even collecting two city's worth vs. needing to get to at least the third city.

Are there additional differences in scoring between the models?

#7710 2 years ago

Anyone have a suggestions for powder coating on a premium? I’m doing the Stern side armor on it. Powdering everything.

#7711 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Nice mod! I haven't reviewed all your post history so forgive me if you already answered this. Did raising the turntable using the nut at the bottom not reslove this issue for you?

My turn table was already flush. How high were people raising it to make a difference at the back?

#7712 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

My turn table was already flush. How high were people raising it to make a difference at the back?

Just a touch over flush. It cut down on my stuck balls dramatically. Of course, as soon as I posted that question, I had my first stuck ball since I adjusted it.

Follow up question since I may be doing you mod to my machine now. Are there any issues with where that is positioned when the table has turned? i.e. Does it pose a risk to an errant tail whip ball hitting it while in the table is in the 'blocked' position?

Thanks!

#7713 2 years ago

How do you activate the super spinner award? I've seen it pop up, but no idea how I got there. I searched here and looked on the tiltforum rule sheet but must have missed it.

#7714 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

How do you activate the super spinner award? I've seen it pop up, but no idea how I got there. I searched here and looked on the tiltforum rule sheet but must have missed it.

309119C8-8CD0-4052-9981-380170CC7941 (resized).jpeg309119C8-8CD0-4052-9981-380170CC7941 (resized).jpeg
#7715 2 years ago

Awesome - Thanks! Being under heat ray explains why I couldn't find it. I was looking for it as if it was a stand alone type mode.

#7716 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Awesome - Thanks! Being under heat ray explains why I couldn't find it. I was looking for it as if it was a stand alone type mode.

I always just do a word search since these rule-sheets are getting really big.

#7717 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Does it pose a risk to an errant tail whip ball hitting it while in the table is in the 'blocked' position?

Not sure and I’ll have to check. From memory it seemed like the angle it was on it was somewhat hidden from the left upper flipper but I’ll have to double check.

Edit: pic added. Post is directly below screw head marked.

It seems as if any direct shots the hex post should be fairly well protected. Balls always have some crazy paths but I’m confident I should not get any damage from a ball strike to the post when coming direct from the upper left flipper. Overlap in the two rulers shows their isn't a direct path but its just an estimate from when the flipper is down so it *could* look different when its up I suppose.

0AEA9B50-3D1B-4113-B27C-8EE0191952FA (resized).jpeg0AEA9B50-3D1B-4113-B27C-8EE0191952FA (resized).jpeg

#7718 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I went premium because it’s my first NIB, and I figured if I’m making the jump I’m going to do it all the way. When you start to purchase all of the mods for the Pro the price difference will tighten up…and I feel like the mechs that are in the premium are worth it. I also considered resale, and although I’m planning on keeping this one for a long time, I’m confident that the premium should do better on the used market over the short and long term.
All of that said the mods I’m seeing for the pro are awesome. My issue with pros has typically been the flat plastics and less of a “world under glass”, and what I’m seeing out there sure seems to take care of that.

I played both LE and Pro. The only issue on the Pro is Mechzilla shot being tighter and 2 rubber posts. The Pro is brutal hard. But the rules are the same. Im on the fence as well. Will I be happy with the Pro? Or wait for the Prem in the Fall or later!

#7719 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone have a suggestions for powder coating on a premium? I’m doing the Stern side armor on it. Powdering everything.

Look in the image gallery. I made a bunch of mockups with different color armor.

One is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/105#post-6673009

I feel like I did more than one post with them, but that may have been in the Rush or LZ threads.

#7720 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Im on the fence as well. Will I be happy with the Pro? Or wait for the Prem in the Fall or later!

You really can't go wrong with either. This subject gets beat to death on every club thread, but it's all about budget. Get what you can afford. I have a Pro, and it's my favorite pin. Personally, in this instance, I would rather put the extra cost of the Premium upgrade into another pin.

#7721 2 years ago

I'm thinking about going with Gojira. Green to gold metallic.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-10264/gojira

Gojira (resized).JPGGojira (resized).JPG
#7722 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm thinking about going with Gojira. Green to gold metallic.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-10264/gojira
[quoted image]

That’s cool.

#7723 2 years ago

Has anyone had any ideas for how to better position the Godzilla figure on the LE/Premium?

I think bringing it closer to the building/bridge, turning it slightly and wrapping the long tail in a different position would look a lot better than the stock orientation.

I'm going to investigate further this weekend and report back.

Side note 1 - one coil stop has failed after ~300 plays which is not unusual and slightly disappointing.
Side note 2 - the spotlight on the LHS facing the building popped out during play. The heat shrink tubing trick worked great.

20220205_115549 (resized).jpg20220205_115549 (resized).jpg20220205_120423 (resized).jpg20220205_120423 (resized).jpg
#7724 2 years ago

The bulb is suppose to be behind the guard, not resting on it. That’s probably why it kept falling out.

#7725 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

It seems as if any direct shots the hex post should be fairly well protected. Balls always have some crazy paths but I’m confident I should not get any damage from a ball strike to the post when coming direct from the upper left flipper. Overlap in the two rulers shows their isn't a direct path but its just an estimate from when the flipper is down so it *could* look different when its up I suppose.

Wow, nice analysis! Thank you! I think you found one of the easiest solutions to this issue. Simple parts, easy to executie and well thought out. Nice work!

#7726 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Beaten to death, but I'm very happy with my Pro. I am not really interested in ever upgrading to a Premium. No doubt the premium has cool features, and I did spend a few hundred $$ on Tdiddy's bridge, tesla towers (still would add those to a Premium too though), and upgraded GZ/Mecha figures, but that is still no where near the price for a Premium and the potential year wait at the time I got my Pro.

Oh and I'm also on the waitlist for tdiddy's building which looks awesome. Surely there will will eventually be something for the premium building, but right now the Pro building can actually look significantly better with this or the Mezelmods buildings imo.

No wrong answer, but the Pro is definitely great on its own.

#7727 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Beaten to death, but I'm very happy with my Pro. I am not really interested in ever upgrading to a Premium. No doubt the premium has cool features, and I did spend a few hundred $$ on Tdiddy's bridge, tesla towers (still would add those to a Premium too though), and upgraded GZ/Mecha figures, but that is still no where near the price for a Premium and the potential year wait at the time I got my Pro.

I got 1 more piece coming for the pro at some point

#7729 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

ebay.com link: Japan JASDF Blue Impluse 1st Gen Air Show Team F 86 Sabre Jet Fighter SET S62 x3
If anyone's looking,,

Thanks!

#7730 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I got 1 more piece coming for the pro at some point

Please tell me it's a saucer? I got the email that my building is shipping. So excited!

#7731 2 years ago

Can you get to Planet X mini wizard mode by defeating just the Kaiju in each city or do you have to start or complete the monster monitor modes in each city also?

#7732 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Just had one of my best games ever! Godzilla is so much fun. Shaker motor is super intense on this, holy crap. Also installed Lermods Mechagodzilla mod.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are some pretty cool mods. Someone needs to create a mod for the pro that has a magnet in the Godzil

Quoted from PinKopf:

Oh and I'm also on the waitlist for tdiddy's building which looks awesome. Surely there will will eventually be something for the premium building, but right now the Pro building can actually look significantly better with this or the Mezelmods buildings imo.

I don’t even have my Pro yet and I may order these. They look really cool!

#7733 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Can you get to Planet X mini wizard mode by defeating just the Kaiju in each city or do you have to start or complete the monster monitor modes in each city also?

You have to play all the Tier II Kaiju battles to qualify Planet X.

#7734 2 years ago

I've played a Pro on location, and ordered one, I'd be more than happy with it. Although you know since day 1, I've thought the premium would be the way to go on this pin, but now playing it repeatedly the Pro gives me all the enjoyment I want from it.

I do plan on upgrading godzilla to a figure and a spaceship saucer, the sub and speakers (Dave's 5.25 kit)...I'm thinking light blue speaker surrounds(?)

#7735 2 years ago

Can someone who has the full plastic CLIP Protector Set on a Premium post some pics and your overall impression? My Premium should be arriving in the next month or so and I'm on the fence about going full protectors or just slings and in lanes.

Thanks

#7736 2 years ago

I just got tdiddy Signature Line Building, number 1004, and it looks amazing. I just need to have my pro arrive so I can install it. I think the ability to remove the roof is a great idea in it.

#7737 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Can someone who has the full plastic CLIP Protector Set on a Premium post some pics and your overall impression? My Premium should be arriving in the next month or so and I'm on the fence about going full protectors or just slings and in lanes.
Thanks

I’m not 100% but it looks like “silverball mania” on YouTube (I’m sure he’s here) has them on his. Glad you asked though I’m interested to hear opinions as well.

#7738 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

You have to play all the Tier II Kaiju battles to qualify Planet X.

So if you flee a Tier II battle that still qualifies you for Planet X? Tilt forums is confusing cause it talks about controlling a city by the city insert pulsing but then when you read about Planet X it talks about conquering a city.

#7739 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So if you flee a Tier II battle that still qualifies you for Planet X? Tilt forums is confusing cause it talks about controlling a city by the city insert pulsing but then when you read about Planet X it talks about conquering a city.

Yep. Even if you flee it counts towards progress towards Planet X.

#7740 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

I've played a Pro on location, and ordered one, I'd be more than happy with it. Although you know since day 1, I've thought the premium would be the way to go on this pin, but now playing it repeatedly the Pro gives me all the enjoyment I want from it.
I do plan on upgrading godzilla to a figure and a spaceship saucer, the sub and speakers (Dave's 5.25 kit)...I'm thinking light blue speaker surrounds(?)

I have blue speaker lights from cointaker and the blue looks really nice. Matches the buttons nicely. I played the pro and LE and went with pro over premium. The price was just too much of a difference for me to justify. Pro is a blast. I have GZ next to my AIQ pro and love both. I did order the flame speaker lights though. Just waiting in them.

1CBC956F-1CC2-4ADE-B424-6D3BAAA144BB (resized).jpeg1CBC956F-1CC2-4ADE-B424-6D3BAAA144BB (resized).jpegD89D1191-FCA4-41AA-8F79-D5EDA3AE3C64 (resized).jpegD89D1191-FCA4-41AA-8F79-D5EDA3AE3C64 (resized).jpeg
#7741 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I went pro because it was all i could get my hands on end of last year. I love the constant flow and idea of reduced maintenance headaches down the road as I don’t imagine it leaving the collection anytime soon.

I’d guess that the premium mechs add some fun/wow factor, but at the cost of some of the flow and added chance for failure. I haven’t found myself ever wishing that I had the premium, but then again I haven’t played one yet. Hard to believe this game could be even better given how good the pro already is.

#7742 2 years ago

This is how you do it!! So cool to see a hand-bill this morning for a Pinball machine on the streets of Victoria, B.C., Canada!!

20220216_085712 (resized).jpg20220216_085712 (resized).jpg
#7743 2 years ago

Hi guys, I got my Godzilla Premium yesterday and, firstly, I updated for new code 0.90
After few plays I realized that flips when I use the third flipper were automatically counted, even with no ball at game…it counts when I push any of flippers buttons…Do you have any idea what is going on???
In the end my scores are billions due this issue…hahahah
Thanks for any support about it
Cheers

#7744 2 years ago
Quoted from Magui76:

Hi guys, I got my Godzilla Premium yesterday and, firstly, I updated for new code 0.90
After few plays I realized that flips when I use the third flipper were automatically counted, even with no ball at game…it counts when I push any of flippers buttons…Do you have any idea what is going on???
In the end my scores are billions due this issue…hahahah
Thanks for any support about it
Cheers

You have a switch triggering from vibration. Glass off. Open the coin door, pull the white post on the inner left of the coin door frame so switches still work with the coin door open, put the game in switch test mode in the diagnostics, then smack the playfield with an open palm around the playfield and note which switch is triggered on the test screen. Adjust that switch so vibration doesn't trigger it.

#7745 2 years ago

JACKPOTTO!!! I’d only played the Pro until mine arrived today (Premium). OMFG what an amazing game. I’ve heard other games described as flowy but this surely is the new benchmark. Here is baby Godzilla emerging from my car

7E6A4D3A-1050-400F-BD9C-EE44EDC13F2F (resized).jpeg7E6A4D3A-1050-400F-BD9C-EE44EDC13F2F (resized).jpeg
#7746 2 years ago

Just wanted to double check - is there any fix for a flickering/dimming QR reader? I believe the other post I saw in the thread said they went through their distributor to get a new one.

#7747 2 years ago

Looking to upgrade the stock pinballs for my pro, what do you all suggest?

#7748 2 years ago
Quoted from Vert09:

Looking to upgrade the stock pinballs for my pro, what do you all suggest?

Titan pinball standard shiny balls

#7749 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

FINALLY pulled the trigger and ordered a Pro. Won't see it til summer, but it will be well worth the wait. I was born in '68, so I grew up watching Godzilla on the weekends. Another dream theme for me, and absolutely can't wait to own this killer game...

#7750 2 years ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Just wanted to double check - is there any fix for a flickering/dimming QR reader? I believe the other post I saw in the thread said they went through their distributor to get a new one.

Had this issue on my imdn, eventually the light went out all together. Had to get it replaced through distributor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/155?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.