PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 548.
#7551 2 years ago

Ok so I downloaded the new game code to my computer hard drive and got three files .
Two are 1.9 mil KB and one smaller one.
Which one do I now move to the thumb drive?

#7552 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ok so I downloaded the new game code to my computer hard drive and got three files .
Two are 1.9 mil KB and one smaller one.
Which one do I now move to the thumb drive?

All three should be moved over to USB.

#7553 2 years ago

Ripped out our bar which we never used so now I can go from 13 pins max to 15! Worth the headache. Run new electrical.

14284D4B-0C83-4CB9-9FE5-828F17D43EAB (resized).jpeg14284D4B-0C83-4CB9-9FE5-828F17D43EAB (resized).jpeg654D204C-51E4-4770-9BB0-7E2B000E5820 (resized).jpeg654D204C-51E4-4770-9BB0-7E2B000E5820 (resized).jpeg
#7554 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:Ripped out our bar which we never used so now I can go from 13 pins max to 15! Worth the headache. Run new electrical.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The more the merrier!

Cheers! Oh nevermind

#7555 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been mentioned but has there been any indication that new achievements would be added after a game's initial release? Godzilla was the first set released, and is outstanding across the board but the insider achievements do feel like they could have added more, especially since it's not even to 1.0 code yet. Comparing it to Iron Maiden and just how many different separate tasks they included does make me hopeful that there's still more achievement to come for GZ at some point in the future

#7556 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Sorry if this has been mentioned but has there been any indication that new achievements would be added after a game's initial release? Godzilla was the first set released, and is outstanding across the board but the insider achievements do feel like they could have added more, especially since it's not even to 1.0 code yet. Comparing it to Iron Maiden and just how many different separate tasks they included does make me hopeful that there's still more achievement to come for GZ at some point in the future

Yes it will. All other games (apart from Rush, which is also still being developed) have 2000 xp total - GZ only has 900 xp. Lots of room for new achievements.

#7557 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Yes it will. All other games (apart from Rush, which is also still being developed) have 2000 xp total - GZ only has 900 xp. Lots of room for new achievements.

Oh awesome thanks man! I missed that 2000 point cap for expanding. Very cool

#7558 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

The Flickering Flaming Speaker Grills IMHO is a must on this machine. They fit the theme extremely well with awesome effects.[quoted image]

it looks epic, i found the kit on the website , but didn't found the building's silhouette. Where can i find it. thanks

#7559 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

it looks epic, i found the kit on the website , but didn't found the building's silhouette. Where can i find it. thanks

In acrylics section

#7560 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

In acrylics section

thank you, just placed the order for my Godzilla Premium

#7561 2 years ago

Hope mine ship soon. Ordered on Jan 6th but haven't heard anything. They look awesome.

#7562 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Hope mine ship soon. Ordered on Jan 6th but haven't heard anything. They look awesome.

Please let me know when you receive.
I ordered mine yesterday. So I can figure out how long it will be

#7563 2 years ago

Whew! Joined the billion point club. 858 million on the first ball… and then… kinda shit the bed. Good game though. Damn this game is fun!

This all happened after I adjusted the flippers down to the factory “droopy” position. Plays WAY better. Should have never changed it.

5E7535C6-F873-4112-923C-47C072CB5A96 (resized).jpeg5E7535C6-F873-4112-923C-47C072CB5A96 (resized).jpeg
#7564 2 years ago

Got a delayed shipment in today of 10 little fighter planes/jets. They are plastic construction but feel solid and look pretty dope. They are essentially the same size as the Hogan Wings planes that I installed on my playfield.

Seems that the rounder nosed planes mimic the pictures on the playfield plastics a bit more, while the sharper nosed planes mimic the jets seen on the movie clips a bit more.

Since i've already installed planes on my playfield, these are now extra, so I will let them go for sale if anyone were interested in any of these for their pf, just give me a PM.

I have 5 white and blue (with more pointed nose) and 5 grey/silver and blue (with more snubbed/rounder nose).

UPDATE:
Grey/silver planes - all sold.
White/blue planes - all sold.

PXL_20220209_051819600 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_051819600 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220209_052403286 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_052403286 (resized).jpg

#7565 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I ordered on January 6th also. I am waiting on my UFO mod from Little Shop of Games also.

#7566 2 years ago
Quoted from PoopsMagee:

Oh awesome thanks man! I missed that 2000 point cap for expanding. Very cool

is rush going to have a 2112 pt cap? it should

#7567 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I ordered very early that morning and received my kit on 2\5, and it was well worth the wait. It fits this game perfectly, along with the city acrylic and plastic canvas. Extremely pleased with this product.

#7568 2 years ago

I bought this MiG-15 off Mercari and painted it to match the playfield art, $25.

F81BFE38-9E18-47A1-A4AE-AA87E27883FB (resized).jpegF81BFE38-9E18-47A1-A4AE-AA87E27883FB (resized).jpeg

BD870212-B77E-407B-A66F-BC8BF8607EB0 (resized).jpegBD870212-B77E-407B-A66F-BC8BF8607EB0 (resized).jpegB9D87C02-95F7-45ED-8721-28994FAE5A63 (resized).jpegB9D87C02-95F7-45ED-8721-28994FAE5A63 (resized).jpegE93733B4-39F3-4D94-A925-DD69B9434EE3 (resized).jpegE93733B4-39F3-4D94-A925-DD69B9434EE3 (resized).jpeg
#7569 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Whew! Joined the billion point club. 858 million on the first ball… and then… kinda shit the bed. Good game though. Damn this game is fun!
This all happened after I adjusted the flippers down to the factory “droopy” position. Plays WAY better. Should have never changed it.
[quoted image]

still that is a great score ! you are the wind beneath my wings !

#7570 2 years ago

After getting bumped from the initial Premium run I am happy to report that I got confirmation today that I will be getting mine in the second run. This was assumed but you never know these days. Good times!

#7571 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I bought this MiG-15 off Mercari and painted it to match the playfield art, $25.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi, what's the scale of it? 1:72 ? 1:48 ? 1:102
Thanks

#7572 2 years ago

Dang, over 2000 posts since I last checked the thread...what did I miss? lol

The other day I moved my outlane posts down to cut back on frustrating drains....but now my ball times are LOOOOONG. I can see why they went with middle post from factory. I think I'll go back to middle. Sure, I won't get as far - but it will be more satisfying when I do.

The newest update is awesome. Glad they put text about rematching a monster on the city select screen. I'm hoping in a further update, they just go right to the battle instead of showing the selection screen. Why show the select screen when you're doing a rematch?

#7573 2 years ago

I agree with you on just going right back into the match.

#7574 2 years ago

The official Stern art blades are awesome! Great quality and easy to install. So much less of a pain in the ass than the GNR ones I installed a few weeks ago and better quality too. They look incredible!

20220209_155723 (resized).jpg20220209_155723 (resized).jpg20220209_155715 (resized).jpg20220209_155715 (resized).jpg
#7575 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Hi, what's the scale of it? 1:72 ? 1:48 ? 1:102
Thanks

The seller didn’t know the scale but it measured 3”x3” and is the perfect size IMO.

#7576 2 years ago

Gigan join the battle

050D87ED-AA6B-4188-905F-2FABBBF76119 (resized).jpeg050D87ED-AA6B-4188-905F-2FABBBF76119 (resized).jpegC977F4A3-CA6B-40E6-ACF7-A2079E5C63AF (resized).jpegC977F4A3-CA6B-40E6-ACF7-A2079E5C63AF (resized).jpeg
#7577 2 years ago

Nice !
how did you fix Gigan ?

#7578 2 years ago
Quoted from mayo:

Nice !
how did you fix Gigan ?

Double sided translucent tape

#7579 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, over 2000 posts since I last checked the thread...what did I miss? lol
The other day I moved my outlane posts down to cut back on frustrating drains....but now my ball times are LOOOOONG. I can see why they went with middle post from factory. I think I'll go back to middle. Sure, I won't get as far - but it will be more satisfying when I do.
The newest update is awesome. Glad they put text about rematching a monster on the city select screen. I'm hoping in a further update, they just go right to the battle instead of showing the selection screen. Why show the select screen when you're doing a rematch?

I also have a problem with near-constant outlane drains, especially the right one. Can you explain to a layperson like me what you did with the posts? Not sure what "middle post", "moved outlane posts down", etc. mean. Thanks.

#7580 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I also have a problem with near-constant outlane drains, especially the right one. Can you explain to a layperson like me what you did with the posts? Not sure what "middle post", "moved outlane posts down", etc. mean. Thanks.

if you look at the metal post with a rubber ring around it at the top of the outlanes, you'll notice that it sits in a slot, with basically 3 positions (top, middle, bottom). from the factory, it comes in the middle position. if you lower it (closer towards the front of the machine), the ball won't be able to drain in the outlane as easily.

#7581 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image]

Can you explain what you mean by "factory droopy position"? Do you mean the settings it had from the factory? I set my flippers on near full power because often I can barely get the ball TO the upper right ramp (except from a flipper cradle or rolling down the inlane,) let alone through it.....not helping much. Thanks.

#7582 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if you look at the metal post with a rubber ring around it at the top of the outlanes, you'll notice that it sits in a slot, with basically 3 positions (top, middle, bottom). from the factory, it comes in the middle position. if you lower it (closer towards the front of the machine), the ball won't be able to drain in the outlane as easily.

Ok thanks. I'll give it a try.

#7583 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Doug has them in the acrylics sections on his website, or in my case I just 3D printed some skylines at 1.5mm thick x 135mm width x different height variations.

#7584 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Can you explain what you mean by "factory droopy position"? Do you mean the settings it had from the factory? I set my flippers on near full power because often I can barely get the ball TO the upper right ramp (except from a flipper cradle or rolling down the inlane,) let alone through it.....not helping much. Thanks.

There are index dots on the field, your flipper ends should center on them. They look droopy or more sagged down then. But, you might check coil stops, that's prob your issue

#7585 2 years ago

Is the droop position intentional? Did Keith ever confirm anything about flipper bat position?

#7586 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Is the droop position intentional? Did Keith ever confirm anything about flipper bat position?

It's just how they look on the index. Not bad or really noticeable

#7587 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It was on Jurassic Park. You need that position to hit the low far left & right shots. At this point if that’s how it comes from the factory & the flippers are lined up with the holes, assume it’s designer intent.

#7588 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It was on Jurassic Park. You need that position to hit the low far left & right shots. At this point if that’s how it comes from the factory & the flippers are lined up with the holes, assume it’s designer intent.

I dont think you could hit the maser shot if they were aligned with the lanes perfectly

#7589 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

So on 95% of pinball machines, the flippers are inline with the ball return guides. So if you took a straight edge and put it across the two, it would be true.

Ok a few games, like Godzilla (also JP and TWD), the alignment holes sit lower. So when you align the flippers with these holes, the flipper is no longer in line with the ball return guide. If you put a straight edge on the ball return guide, the flipper wouldn’t be touching the straight edge. It would be below it, or “droopy” looking.

Some games are just designed this way. I honestly hate it. My brain has been programmed to know where the ball is going to go, based on where it is on the flipper when I flip it. With these “droopy” flippers, my brain has to co pletely relearn everything.

It’s not necessarily right or right. It’s just how Keith designed this game I believe, so you can hit those out shots.

When i had my flippers in-line with the ball return guides, hitting the left spinner, right scoop, or even the ramps was incredibly difficult. With the flippers set up on the alignment holes though, it’s SO much easier.

So I just need to reset my brain and get used to these new flippers. My previous high score was 500 million. 10 plays after changing the flipper alignment back to stock, I cracked a billion.

#7590 2 years ago

It’s a bitch to trap a rolling ball with, that I know.

#7591 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It’s a bitch to trap a rolling ball with, that I know.

Exactly. It changes a lot of ways that you would normally play. I love Keith’s layouts, but the flipper alignment is one thing I wish he didn’t do. I wish he’d design the playfield to be shot with standard flipper alignment.

#7592 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So on 95% of pinball machines, the flippers are inline with the ball return guides. So if you took a straight edge and put it across the two, it would be true.
Ok a few games, like Godzilla (also JP and TWD), the alignment holes sit lower. So when you align the flippers with these holes, the flipper is no longer in line with the ball return guide. If you put a straight edge on the ball return guide, the flipper wouldn’t be touching the straight edge. It would be below it, or “droopy” looking.
Some games are just designed this way. I honestly hate it. My brain has been programmed to know where the ball is going to go, based on where it is on the flipper when I flip it. With these “droopy” flippers, my brain has to co pletely relearn everything.
It’s not necessarily right or right. It’s just how Keith designed this game I believe, so you can hit those out shots.
When i had my flippers in-line with the ball return guides, hitting the left spinner, right scoop, or even the ramps was incredibly difficult. With the flippers set up on the alignment holes though, it’s SO much easier.
So I just need to reset my brain and get used to these new flippers. My previous high score was 500 million. 10 plays after changing the flipper alignment back to stock, I cracked a billion.

Ok, I just checked and my two lower flippers are slightly below the alignment holes....less than 1/16th of an inch....pointing fractionally toward the bottom of the machine. Is this the droopy thing and should I adjust the flippers to be pointing squarely at the holes? Thanks.

#7593 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Ok, I just checked and my two lower flippers are slightly below the alignment holes....less than 1/16th of an inch....pointing fractionally toward the bottom of the machine. Is this the droopy thing and should I adjust the flippers to be pointing squarely at the holes? Thanks.

Center the ends on the index holes

#7594 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I'd leave them like that. Compared to my other machines, it's the same - droopy. I'm ok with that because hitting that Mazer Cannon = good thing!

#7595 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

I'd leave them like that. Compared to my other machines, it's the same - droopy. I'm ok with that because hitting that Mazer Cannon = good thing!

They need to be pointing directly at the alignment holes.

#7596 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Gigan join the battle

Where did you get that highway sticker for the right ramp? Looks cool!

#7597 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The official Stern art blades are awesome! Great quality and easy to install. So much less of a pain in the ass than the GNR ones I installed a few weeks ago and better quality too. They look incredible!

Nice! I preordered mine yesterday. Can’t wait to get them in so I can finally install the pinstadiums that have been sitting here since December

#7598 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Where did you get that highway sticker for the right ramp? Looks cool!

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/godzilla-street-ramp-decals

#7599 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Exactly. It changes a lot of ways that you would normally play. I love Keith’s layouts, but the flipper alignment is one thing I wish he didn’t do. I wish he’d design the playfield to be shot with standard flipper alignment.

I'll take better and more interesting playfields over improving your ball trap success.

#7600 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'll take better and more interesting playfields over improving your ball trap success.

Yeah, I love that he leverages every centimeter of the playfield. The control room shot & the right half-pipe ramp on JP are amazing, and are only functional with the flippers a little "droopy". WORTH IT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/152?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.