Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 547.
#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Which lasted 400 games here before magnetized. That is one strong magnet this game has.

What's the alternative?

#7502 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

What's the alternative?

I use standard shiny balls from Titan. Never seen one become magnetized from them.

#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're not watching the playoffs at INDISC right now, you should be, if for nothing else than the mesmerizing play of Walt Wood. His wacky animated play style is ridiculously entertaining to watch, and he has the skills to match his play style as he's in the semifinals currently.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

That just made me happy - he was fantastic! That Doctor Who play will go down in history.

#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just have to pull it out.

Before I try you don't think glue was used or pulling it out might damage

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's dangerous to remove. The barbs that hold it in often take playfield chunks when it comes out.

Thanks for the heads up.

#7505 2 years ago

For anyone that ordered the MechaGodzilla Interactive Shield mod this past week, your orders have been shipped and I spent this past week working to build up some inventory. I currently have 17 MechaGodzilla shield mods and 13 roof mods boxed up and ready to ship if you are looking for one or both. Links are included below. Thank you again to everyone who purchased a mod and made it possible for me to grow. I am working hard on some new and exciting mods and really appreciate the support.

Interactive Shield Mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05798-mechagodzilla-interactive-shield-mod-godzilla-prem-le

SDTM Fix Roof Mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

DEC410DC-04C7-41BD-8142-62B376A00236 (resized).jpegDEC410DC-04C7-41BD-8142-62B376A00236 (resized).jpeg96195022-E2E3-4F31-ADB5-4ACFFDA96784 (resized).jpeg96195022-E2E3-4F31-ADB5-4ACFFDA96784 (resized).jpegB3CCAE69-8136-4F82-9549-E1188C6CBF38 (resized).jpegB3CCAE69-8136-4F82-9549-E1188C6CBF38 (resized).jpeg
#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

They are all connected because the other two do not have IC?
Just a complete shot in the dark here, but maybe the firmware required on that node board is different for each machine. Maybe it's just the required version being installed. I'm guessing having multiple machines connected to a single IC node board was ever in their designs.

This. Review the release notes for the games and you will see they are built against different firmware versions.

#7507 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Not sure. I wouldn’t touch it.

#7508 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thanks for the heads up.

Why do you want to remove it?

#7509 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those animated flame speakers are pretty hot. Probably the best on-theme speaker light kit to date.

Can you share a link? Don’t think I have seen these…

#7510 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-14.html

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I haven't removed these from a Stern, but I have removed them from other games and they were just hammered into the wood. The tough part is that there is a metal barb on each leg that holds the guide into wood like an arrow head. You can pry them out, but there is always a risk that some of the wood comes up with it. Personally, I wouldn't mess with it on a new game.

#7513 2 years ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

looking for whats the most popular sound speaker upgrade for zilla?

Follow this thread for sound mods. There is s ton of info on DIY sound upgrades so far, and a ton more to come as we work through various options with pros and cons.

GZ is the main test bed, but applies to all Sterns.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/3#post-6761509

20220125_204100 (resized).jpg20220125_204100 (resized).jpg
#7514 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

So it looks like I better order several dozen balls, carbon or not, for future replacement after they become magnetized again after a few hundred plays? Do people just toss the old magnetized, replaced ones? thanks.

I've tried to de-magnetize them using several tools including a deguass ring. they magnetize right back up after only a few games.

#7515 2 years ago

Godzilla is here! Unboxed over the weekend and now just starting to set it up.

For Stern connected I have it connected to WiFi and the connection tests work. When I go to check for updates it is telling me .80 firmware is current. Do I need to update the firmware manually the first time or am I missing something here?

When going into Stern connected menu in settings It kept saying close coin door interlock which interferes with selecting options on that screen. Manually pressing the white button on the inside cleared that message so I could select them. This wasn’t a problem selecting options in other settings sub menus just the connected menu.

0CAC65C2-692A-41C9-9CD8-D867B7AE35F0 (resized).jpeg0CAC65C2-692A-41C9-9CD8-D867B7AE35F0 (resized).jpeg
#7516 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

For Stern connected I have it connected to WiFi and the connection tests work. When I go to check for updates it is telling me .80 firmware is current. Do I need to update the firmware manually the first time or am I missing something here?
When going into Stern connected menu in settings It kept saying close coin door interlock which interferes with selecting options on that screen. Manually pressing the white button on the inside cleared that message so I could select them. This wasn’t a problem selecting options in other settings sub menus just the connected menu.
[quoted image]

Normally pulling that interlock will bypass and get full power into the machine. As far as the IC, you need to register the game to your account to fully vet it into Sterns systems. Start the prompts to register the game, and complete registration on the web browser by accepting to the machine into your account. Aftewards the updates can be set up for manual install, automatic installs, etc.

#7517 2 years ago

[quoted image]

your game registration isn't complete. After you scanned the QR code to link the game, you must goto the insider webpage and confirm the game and assign it to your location. Game will say connected, but it won't let the features work until the registration steps are complete in the web.

#7518 2 years ago

Is anyone ordering the official Stern shooter rod? I think it's cool, but $180 cool?! What in the actual fu%k?! It should like up like JP for that price.

I was thinking about installing the AIQ shooter rod. That could look cool too. Has anyone done that?

#7519 2 years ago

and if you sell the game, you need to un-register it so that the next owner can register it under their own account

#7520 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Here's a video. The one on the left is without the foam to cover the shape of the speaker. The one on the right has the foam. I prefer the one one the right, but you can do either way.

They're very on-brand for Godzilla. You can also buy a silhouette piece that has buildings on it so it looks like the city is burning.

#7521 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that was a great one. Loop after loop after loop and sonic boom after boom after boom. Pretty sure he was levitating for part of that.

EPIC!

For those interested, start the video at 04:43:00 to see when he starts going off!

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/video/1289279350

#7522 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

EPIC!
For those interested, start the video at 04:43:00 to see when he starts going off!
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/video/1289279350

Worth the time for any fan of pinball to watch his whole run on Dr. Who at that link. He's probably the most fun tournament player to watch because it seems impossible that he does as well as he does with all the movement off the flips.

#7523 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Normally pulling that interlock will bypass and get full power into the machine. As far as the IC, you need to register the game to your account to fully vet it into Sterns systems. Start the prompts to register the game, and complete registration on the web browser by accepting to the machine into your account. Aftewards the updates can be set up for manual install, automatic installs, etc.

Thanks for the input, instructions were not clear but once I registered the pin in a few moments the firmware showed an updated and it started downloading!

Stupid question - how do I pull the interlock?

#7524 2 years ago

Thanks for the input, instructions were not clear but once I registered the pin in a few moments the firmware showed an updated and it started downloading!
Stupid question - how do I pull the interlock?

That white switch that the coin door presses in to let the game know its closed, you can grab it and pull out. It'll lock in that position till you close the door again.

#7525 2 years ago

Man she's sounding good.....

20220207_171901 (resized).jpg20220207_171901 (resized).jpg
#7526 2 years ago

The Flickering Flaming Speaker Grills IMHO is a must on this machine. They fit the theme extremely well with awesome effects.

B14E80C8-74BF-4649-A4B5-CA556651C3E7 (resized).jpegB14E80C8-74BF-4649-A4B5-CA556651C3E7 (resized).jpeg
#7527 2 years ago

Has anyone seen a glimpse of Hedorah as a monster in game?

Was playing tonight, and when I hit the scoop I saw the goat and the selection screen defaulted to Titanosaurus. After selecting, a “Hedorah is being sent to Tokyo” voiceover with a Hedorah graphic appeared. The movie footage then went to Titanosaurus though. I was so shocked I drained so I can’t confirm but expect the mode was normal… the monster total also showed Hedorah though.

Didn’t repeat and I’ve played Titanosaurus since the last update… so I wonder if I’m losing my mind?! If not anyone have any ideas if this is a bug, Easter egg or glimpse of the future?

#7528 2 years ago
Quoted from VanSkalen:

Was playing tonight, and when I hit the scoop I saw the goat and the selection screen defaulted to Titanosaurus. After selecting, a “Hedorah is being sent to Tokyo” voiceover with a Hedorah graphic appeared. The movie footage then went to Titanosaurus though. I was so shocked I drained so I can’t confirm but expect the mode was normal… the monster total also showed Hedorah though.
Didn’t repeat and I’ve played Titanosaurus since the last update… so I wonder if I’m losing my mind?! If not anyone have any ideas if this is a bug, Easter egg or glimpse of the future?

hedorah was added in the last patch. not sure if you want *how* to get him spoiled, but you can read the patch notes if you do: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/godzilla-0_90_0-README_LE.txt

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

hedorah was added in the last patch. not sure if you want *how* to get him spoiled, but you can read the patch notes if you do: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/godzilla-0_90_0-README_LE.txt

Thanks! Good to know I’m not seeing things… somehow I missed that!

#7530 2 years ago

Been doing some digging and I see I’m not the only one with the game losing track of the ball lock at the top of the building.

This game is on route and has a very high play count. That being said, it’s been pretty much flawless until we installed the .90 code on January 28th. On the 29th I got a text from one of our regulars that the ball was making it to the top of the building but not registering, and the game would have to go into ball search. Sometimes it would drop the ball and sometimes it would not (just giving the player another ball). I came in later that day and the TX opto at the top of the building ramp was dead. No biggie, swapped the opto and everything seemed fine.

Fast forward to last Saturday, same issue comes up from another player. I have them cycle the game, balls still don’t register. As I’m getting ready to leave and come check it out, I get a message from another player that now it’s working just fine. Cool. Game ran for about 8 days with no problems whatsoever. Maybe its just a fluke.

Owner comes by the next day, runs switch tests reseats connectors plays games can NOT get it to reproduce the issue.

This evening, I get another message from a different player (btw, as a tech don’t ever join a discord with all of the players hah) where the same thing is happening and but this time with more detail. It seems like the game is losing track of balls because the player also got a double ball launch on his 2nd ball of the game and the turn ended when one of his balls drained.

He finally got the 3rd ball to lock (5 shots total), but it only gave him two balls for the multi ball and it ended as soon as the 2nd ball drained.

It’s almost like the game never found the ball that originally went up the VUK to the building and couldn’t recover from that.

Other players before him tonight had 3 player games with multiple GZ multi balls including the shadow locks, so I can’t find a consistent pattern that would blame code but when all the hardware checks out I’m running out of ideas.

Tl;dr - recurring Drake hotel ball lock issues on GZLE since the .90 code was installed. Ball search required to release unregistered ball. Other balls in the same game will register but game loses track of active balls and only does 2 ball multi balls. Opto switch is fine.

Full code reinstall maybe?

#7531 2 years ago
Quoted from VanSkalen:

Karl's PlanetX stream on twitch has Hedorah. You need to get 2 secret combos to activate him.

#7532 2 years ago

Anybody else getting magnetized balls? Had the trough kickout struggling. I turned up the power (after initially turning it down from stock) and its working but wondering if they've become magnetized. Is there an easy way to know?

#7533 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Anybody else getting magnetized balls? Had the trough kickout struggling. I turned up the power (after initially turning it down from stock) and its working but wondering if they've become magnetized. Is there an easy way to know?

Ya, mine magnetized after 500 or less plays. See if you can pick up a paper clip with a ball. I used carbon core too

#7534 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Been doing some digging and I see I’m not the only one with the game losing track of the ball lock at the top of the building.
This game is on route and has a very high play count. That being said, it’s been pretty much flawless until we installed the .90 code on January 28th. On the 29th I got a text from one of our regulars that the ball was making it to the top of the building but not registering, and the game would have to go into ball search. Sometimes it would drop the ball and sometimes it would not (just giving the player another ball). I came in later that day and the TX opto at the top of the building ramp was dead. No biggie, swapped the opto and everything seemed fine.
Fast forward to last Saturday, same issue comes up from another player. I have them cycle the game, balls still don’t register. As I’m getting ready to leave and come check it out, I get a message from another player that now it’s working just fine. Cool. Game ran for about 8 days with no problems whatsoever. Maybe its just a fluke.
Owner comes by the next day, runs switch tests reseats connectors plays games can NOT get it to reproduce the issue.
This evening, I get another message from a different player (btw, as a tech don’t ever join a discord with all of the players hah) where the same thing is happening and but this time with more detail. It seems like the game is losing track of balls because the player also got a double ball launch on his 2nd ball of the game and the turn ended when one of his balls drained.
He finally got the 3rd ball to lock (5 shots total), but it only gave him two balls for the multi ball and it ended as soon as the 2nd ball drained.
It’s almost like the game never found the ball that originally went up the VUK to the building and couldn’t recover from that.
Other players before him tonight had 3 player games with multiple GZ multi balls including the shadow locks, so I can’t find a consistent pattern that would blame code but when all the hardware checks out I’m running out of ideas.
Tl;dr - recurring Drake hotel ball lock issues on GZLE since the .81 code was installed. Ball search required to release unregistered ball. Other balls in the same game will register but game loses track of active balls and only does 2 ball multi balls. Opto switch is fine.

Does anyone have keys there? That sounds like what my IM does after the playfield is upright and only 5 balls are found at startup. Stacked balls on the launch coil. Everything is fine after that first game and 6 are in the trough for the next.

#7535 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Does anyone have keys there? That sounds like what my IM does after the playfield is upright and only 5 balls are found at startup. Stacked balls on the launch coil. Everything is fine after that first game and 6 are in the trough for the next.

Good call! Yes, bar staff has a key and can pull glass. I’ll have them check.

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Good call! Yes, bar staff has a key and can pull glass. I’ll have them check.

It could be a ball is getting stuck somewhere then dislodged later also.

#7537 2 years ago

I wanted to post a quick video of the speakerlightkit.com setup for Godzilla. He really did an outstanding job with this. Thanks again for all the hard work on it as it really adds to the game

#7538 2 years ago
0DADC793-8287-46BE-83E9-21E24548C9D6 (resized).jpeg0DADC793-8287-46BE-83E9-21E24548C9D6 (resized).jpeg
#7539 2 years ago

well...couldn't figure out how to post video..but here is a quick pic of it

#7540 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

well...couldn't figure out how to post video..but here is a quick pic of it

You either convert the video to a GIF and select "PDF/GIF" from the dropdown menu before you upload it, or you put the video on youtube and post a link and it will auto-embed in the message and play from pinside.

If you don't have youtube and can't convert to GIF, PM me a link to the video and I'll grab it then upload to youtube on my mr pinside account made for just that purpose and embed it so people can play directly from here.

#7541 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Hello all, can we please determine the overall consecutive loops champion? I will start with my 6.

Mine's at 7. Makes me think of that friends episode....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7542 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Tl;dr - recurring Drake hotel ball lock issues on GZLE since the .90 code was installed. Ball search required to release unregistered ball. Other balls in the same game will register but game loses track of active balls and only does 2 ball multi balls. Opto switch is fine.

Sorry our premium has shown nothing like this. Check ball count and the switches/optos for trough and building. Sounds like ball tracking issues

#7543 2 years ago

Not trying to one up anybody, but I think(stress THINK) mine is at 9 consecutive loops. I swore I counted 10 but only got 9. I had a couple of slow ones that barely made it around but they counted LOL. I’ll check when I get home.
Oh and I’m at a 6.5° angle

#7544 2 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Mine's at 7. Makes me think of that friends episode....
[quoted image]

I think(stress THINK) mine is at 9 consecutive loops. I swore I counted 10 but only got 9. I had a couple of slow ones that barely made it around but they counted LOL. I’ll check when I get home.

#7545 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I think(stress THINK) mine is at 9 consecutive loops. I swore I counted 10 but only got 9. I had a couple of slow ones that barely made it around but they counted LOL. I’ll check when I get home.

Well, you're at 2 loops on this thread so I believe you.

#7546 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Well, you're at 2 loops on this thread so I believe you.

huh?

#7547 2 years ago

you posted the same thing twice in a row.

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

you posted the same thing twice in a row.

Oh my bad. I thought I drained one of those posts. It’s not showing on my phone. Hmm. Weird.
I was trying to go back and add a quote instead of just replying.

Anywho…I thought the IC would keep up with consecutive but it doesn’t seem too. Only up to 5 it seems. I was gonna look there. Oh well. Glad you believe me. Ha

4C3D6570-11AF-457D-8190-02AF67F97A97 (resized).jpeg4C3D6570-11AF-457D-8190-02AF67F97A97 (resized).jpeg

#7549 2 years ago

Who else snagged some tdiddy towers? I can’t wait. All my mods seem to be coming in at once! Got these yesterday, speaker lights flaming frames from DugFreez soon, and side art ships in a week or so! I need to grab some Titans while I’m in there doing towers. This game is as fun modding as it is playing.

063DACCC-513A-4375-9E15-0EC22991A1A5 (resized).jpeg063DACCC-513A-4375-9E15-0EC22991A1A5 (resized).jpeg

#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Oh my bad. I thought I drained one of those posts. It’s not showing on my phone. Hmm. Weird.
I was trying to go back and add a quote instead of just replying.
Anywho…I thought the IC would keep up with consecutive but it doesn’t seem too. Only up to 5 it seems. I was gonna look there. Oh well. Glad you believe me. Ha
[quoted image]

But there is a consecutive loop champion high score on the machine itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/151?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.