IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 547.
#7401 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

They are definitely not listed anywhere else.
Told my distributor to put me down for side armor and shooter rod.

Flipnout has them listed. Everything is preorder everywhere it seems. Im passing on these though and waiting patiently for the topper reveal and hoping it doesnt suck or cost $1000+

#7402 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Or hatch? I might be in for that.

Only if you sit on it long enough

#7403 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

They are definitely not listed anywhere else.
Told my distributor to put me down for side armor and shooter rod.

It’s on game exchange

#7404 2 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

Flipnout has them listed. Everything is preorder everywhere it seems. Im passing on these though and waiting patiently for the topper reveal and hoping it doesnt suck or cost $1000+

Yep. I just ordered blades from ZMeny and have been on the interested in topper list for months. I kinda hope it’s not one of the 1000.00 ones, but hey if it moves and stuff, I guess I could get behind that price. I really think they are missing an opportunity if they don’t have Godzilla smashing a bridge up there. Haha. I do like the 650.00 price points better, but the R2D2 and TMNT 1000.00 moving ones were pretty darn cool.

#7405 2 years ago

I put this in the INDISC thread, too, but the tournament Godzilla LE table must really be set up hard. Keith only managed 2nd place and didn't break a billion.

indisc2022 a series (resized).jpgindisc2022 a series (resized).jpg
#7406 2 years ago

Yep finally managed to place an accessory order today with FlipNout & Pinball Life, just so I don’t have to hit refresh on the Stern store website ever again. Thank god.

#7407 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

See all the enthusiasm about the new code and can't play, after about 50 plays in, my building started getting jammed, and now it just jams continuously, either going up or down. Looks like the building is bend, probably by the weight during transport. Waiting for a new one now....
Disappointed, such a great game though

Take a look at two small screws on backside of building 2nd floor. Mine walked out after 50 or so plays and impeded movement. Used a right angle ratcheting screw driver to tighten back

#7408 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Take a look at two small screws on backside of building 2nd floor. Mine walked out after 50 or so plays and impeded movement. Used a right angle ratcheting screw driver to tighten back

Same happened to me, with a screw on the front of the building. Check for screws that might have backed out on the building facade.

#7409 2 years ago

Pre-ordered all 3 accessories! I hope the topper is awesome too!

#7410 2 years ago

I just orderd a premium from nitro for the “late fall” run. Anyone bought from nitro before? I’m pumped, but it’s gonna be a long wait…..

#7411 2 years ago

Man that side armor is HOT. I always go shooter rod and art blades, but only sometimes do side armor when it looks super cool. This one looks super cool. Ordered

#7412 2 years ago

Side armor looks pretty tempting... If I take the plunge, I might need to swap out my brite buttons from green to yellow... Hmm...

#7413 2 years ago

Are the official art blades the same as the limited edition with blue Sky?

#7414 2 years ago

Different color sky/background

#7415 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Side armor looks pretty tempting... If I take the plunge, I might need to swap out my brite buttons from green to yellow... Hmm...

I don’t have any armor on my other 2 but I want this set. I just gotta hold off a bit. Gotta see what the toppers gonna cost me once that invoice comes through.
They do look cool and Godzilla may be my first pin with a set. I’m sure if I do get them I’ll have to go back and get some for AIQ and STh. Haha

#7416 2 years ago

Pics of the 3 Godzilla accessories:

armor (resized).jpgarmor (resized).jpgart-blades (resized).jpgart-blades (resized).jpggodzilla-shooter (resized).jpggodzilla-shooter (resized).jpg
#7417 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I did check everything and all seem to be tight, but the building gets stuck on the outer bracket, and then the stepper goes crazy, since stern told me to ask a new one on my distro, I didn't want to mess around with it too much. But deactivating is a good temporary solution

#7418 2 years ago

Anyone else heard "dirty pool" callout? 99% sure I heard that in a game yesterday, not sure what triggered it but it seemed to be something around mechagodzilla but I could be wrong.

#7419 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone else heard "dirty pool" callout? 99% sure I heard that in a game yesterday, not sure what triggered it but it seemed to be something around mechagodzilla but I could be wrong.

Ya, it's a funny call out. I think it happens when you send the ball from one flipper to the inlane of the other flipper.

#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Ya, it's a funny call out. I think it happens when you send the ball from one flipper to the inlane of the other flipper.

Yes and subsequently hit the pop bumper.

#7421 2 years ago

Godzilla art blades are in stock at Pinball Life. I talked to them and they confirmed it - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-godzilla-art-blades.html

#7422 2 years ago

Speaking of call outs, the one I heard the other day that I don't recall hearing before is "People of earth, we are here for your pinball machines! That is all." Or something like that. Definitely caught me off guard and had me chuckling.

#7423 2 years ago

No way the topper is going to be low end 750 on this game. $200 for a ball shooter the topper will be 1000-1200. Rather have it expensive and cool than just plastic for 750.

#7424 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

No way the topper is going to be low end 750 on this game. $200 for a ball shooter the topper will be 1000-1200. Rather have it expensive and cool than just plastic for 750.

It’s going to be expensive whether it’s cool or not. Haha

#7425 2 years ago

Why Does my Godzilla LE have some cheap recycled lockdown bar ?
It has rust !!!!
Can’t be more disappointed.

6FC02CA7-9ED2-4CF4-B3EA-3269CED2BBDC (resized).jpeg6FC02CA7-9ED2-4CF4-B3EA-3269CED2BBDC (resized).jpeg95F9A047-7026-4F78-B66E-0095BC92AFFC (resized).jpeg95F9A047-7026-4F78-B66E-0095BC92AFFC (resized).jpeg
#7426 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It has rust !!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha. Why is it a problem? My LE stranger things was the exact same way. Just scrape it off if it’s that bothersome.

#7427 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Why is it a problem? My LE stranger things was the exact same way. Just scrape it off if it’s that bothersome.

yea Ive seen a lot of them like that. Who cares? Its not visable when you play or look at the machine put together. If the top of it that shows was rusted Id be pissed

#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

yea Ive seen a lot of them like that. Who cares? Its not visable when you play or look at the machine put together. If the top of it that shows was rusted Id be pissed

Agree. Or if the integrity of the metal was weakened and those tabs snapped off or something, that would suck. Never seen it happen though.

#7429 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It has rust !!!!

Tape off the powder coat, buy some evaporust, then spray the rust, then rinse with hot water. Will neutralize. No one will see it, can always repaint the ends.

#7430 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Tape off the powder coat, buy some evaporust, then spray the rust, then rinse with hot water. Will neutralize. No one will see it, can always repaint the ends.

Thanks for the tip!
When do I use the magna lube ?

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It has rust !!!!

I guess it’s not a big deal but it is pretty bush league. It would bug me as well.

#7432 2 years ago

Stern should zinc plate the undercarriages before they spot-weld them to the raw lockdown bar, then tape off the ends of the latches before powdercoating the entire lockdown bar. This would prevent rust on the exposed latching ends of the lockdown bar. Right now they definitely are not doing this.
I would presume Stern is taping off the latching ends so that there is no powdercoat on them because latching and unlatching them to the machine will chip the powder coat over time. However, the rust looks worse than the chips in the powder coat would.
It's a small thing, but easily fixed.

#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It has rust !!!!

You can Put this on effected areas

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7434 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

If you don’t coat metal that you used evaporust on, the metal will oxidize again. Might as well paint or clear it.

#7435 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

If you don’t coat metal that you used evaporust on, the metal will oxidize again. Might as well paint or clear it.

Was hoping it was implied, but thanks for the added tip. Go team effort.

#7436 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I just orderd a premium from nitro for the “late fall” run. Anyone bought from nitro before? I’m pumped, but it’s gonna be a long wait…..

My order awaits from Nitro also. They will do you right.

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It has rust !!!!

Rust is like cancer. It will spread if you don't get rid of it. Soak in "Evaporust",it's great stuff and not expensive and will remove all the rust.

#7438 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Rust is like cancer. It will spread if you don't get rid of it. Soak in "Evaporust",it's great stuff and not expensive and will remove all the rust.

Only going to spread if kept in moist/ wet area rust is just bare metal protecting itself
And by the time that rust eats thru that lock bar I believe most if not all of us will be dead!

#7439 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Only going to spread if kept in moist/ wet area rust is just bare metal protecting itself
And by the time that rust eats thru that lock bar I believe most if not all of us will be dead!

And that's why you read and follow the directions on the product.

#7440 2 years ago

Found a bag of shooter rod knobs. Anybody need me to pick them some up. They got plenty in stock
Haha. I kid I kid, and I will end up ordering one at some point I’m sure.

B1C3E07D-643B-4B36-BE13-8F0D212F8D27 (resized).jpegB1C3E07D-643B-4B36-BE13-8F0D212F8D27 (resized).jpeg

#7441 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Found a bag of shooter rod knobs. Anybody need me to pick them some up. They got plenty in stock
Haha. Yeah I kid and I will end up ordering one at some point I’m sure.
[quoted image]

$2.99? Going to just swipe some out of my kid's easter basket next month.

#7442 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Say what?

#7443 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Haha. I kid I kid, and I will end up ordering one at some point I’m sure.
[quoted image]

I like this one!

B27BB664-9F1F-4FF8-91CF-49313B203095 (resized).jpegB27BB664-9F1F-4FF8-91CF-49313B203095 (resized).jpeg
#7444 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

freddy knows his stuff... directions even tell you

Screenshot_121.pngScreenshot_121.png

#7445 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

freddy knows his stuff... directions even tell you
[quoted image]

Correct! And if you keep reading, "Rust-Block is used to prevent rust for up to a year if you do not have time to paint. I thought we all understood that cleaned metal must be painted.

here is the copy paste from EvapoRust. Now its time to go play, I think this horse has been beat.

PREVENT RUST DURING STORAGE
Now, let’s say you’re in the middle of a project, and you need to step away for a few weeks. For example, you want to store your lovingly restored 1967 Ford Mustang over the winter. You don’t want to come out to your car to see rusty rotors. What should you do?

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PAINT OR PRIME, use it to prevent rusting for up to 12 months until you have time to continue with your project. When you’re ready to paint, simply rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly. It’s easy to remove and will not cause problems with paint adhering to the metal.

Spray the rotors with Rust-Block. It’s safe to use on all metals, and it will prevent rusting. When you come back in the spring, your car will look the same as when you stored it.

#7446 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It has rust !!!!

They have to strip the lockdown pre-powdercoating, which makes it susceptible to rust on the part that isn't powdercoated. They should post-process that exposed part after the powdercoating is done so it doesn't rust, but let's be real, this is Stern. LE doesn't get any special consideration.

#7447 2 years ago

During an autolaunch, my ball comes out clean. When manually launching, ~50% of the time it will rattle around as it goes past mechazilla which makes the skill shots impossible. Is this a known shooter rod alignment issue?

#7448 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

During an autolaunch, my ball comes out clean. When manually launching, ~50% of the time it will rattle around as it goes past mechazilla which makes the skill shots impossible. Is this a known shooter rod alignment issue?

You just need to plunge it more consistently. It’s not a gimmie plunge. Any variation on your plunge can make the travel not smooth. Very small margin of error.

#7449 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Look at where your rod is with a ball in the shooter lane. If the tip is off-center, loosen the shooter plate and adjust so the rod is centered on the ball in the shooter lane.

#7450 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Correct! And if you keep reading, "Rust-Block is used to prevent rust for up to a year if you do not have time to paint. I thought we all understood that cleaned metal must be painted.
here is the copy paste from EvapoRust. Now its time to go play, I think this horse has been beat.
PREVENT RUST DURING STORAGE
Now, let’s say you’re in the middle of a project, and you need to step away for a few weeks. For example, you want to store your lovingly restored 1967 Ford Mustang over the winter. You don’t want to come out to your car to see rusty rotors. What should you do?
IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PAINT OR PRIME, use it to prevent rusting for up to 12 months until you have time to continue with your project. When you’re ready to paint, simply rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly. It’s easy to remove and will not cause problems with paint adhering to the metal.
Spray the rotors with Rust-Block. It’s safe to use on all metals, and it will prevent rusting. When you come back in the spring, your car will look the same as when you stored it.

I have a 67 mustang!

A7DAE09A-A51F-4200-A91E-DD8672DDDF0A (resized).jpegA7DAE09A-A51F-4200-A91E-DD8672DDDF0A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/149?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.