IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 544.
#7351 2 years ago

I can't get more than 5 consecutive loops and it's killing me haha. I hate seeing that high score still the factory default

#7352 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The more I play this game, the more I realize it's one of the greatest games of all time. I firmly believe it deserves the #1 spot, and the code isn't even complete yet.
I've owned a lot of games and played even more. This is by far, the best pinball machine I've ever played.
Bravo to Keith and entire team over at Stern on this gem. From the layout, to the art, the software, the callouts, everything is just outstanding!

it is great to hear this from experience. as a new pro owner i am super excited about owning a pinball machine!!!

#7353 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My premium which I've only had a week has just developed a switch issue. I noticed I collected a destruction jackpot without making the loop ( or even the switch in the loop that collects it ). Then I started getting excessive multiple loop awards, similar to when the optos are playing up on a star trek warp ramp. Checked the switch [58]and it's behaving fine, it's not overly sensitive, just right. Thumping the playfield looking for sensitive switches reveals nothing. In another game just now I missed the loop for destruction jackpot, but collected it by trying to make the heat ray shot to have another go at the loop, ball rattled about a bit so not sure if it was the spinner or one of the tesla target that seemed to collect it for me. In switch test all switches report their position correctly so it isn't a matter of switches incorrectly connected. I've re-seated CN11 on Node 9. Scratching my head a little here.

I would look at the optos. If one is slightly mis-aligned, it can register from local vibration when the beam is broken. It also is common that the wires to the opto can break inside the insulation, which causes an intermittent connection that triggers the switch as the power is applied and broken, etc. In switch test mode, wiggle and tug the opto wires (from under the playfield if necessary) and see if that triggers it.

#7354 2 years ago

I've hit 10 loops before when I was getting a little rattle to slow the ball down. A few smooth shots near the beginning of the guide gets the ball moving so fast that there's no way for me to continue looping.

#7355 2 years ago

Might have been mentioned in the past but worth making sure the screw circled in the pic is not coming lose. Had mine since October and it was almost all the way lose and about to fall out. Likely from the bridge hitting the plastic and shaking it lose over time. Worth adding to you maintenance schedule.

IMG_5653 (resized).jpgIMG_5653 (resized).jpg
#7356 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It’s fun going for the achievements!
Have you been using the stern connect ?
[quoted image]

My feedback for stern connect is that achievement numbers are FAR too low for HUO machines.

The verified should be separate as those are like related to $$ but for ones that are just complete they need to drastically pump those numbers up.

Less than 100 plays on my machines and some of the lifetime achievements are done already.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

It would also be nice to see really detailed stats around everything in the game.

Length of games, number, duration, score rate in various multiballs.
That sort of thing.

Link those to opt-in for automatic/in progress lifetime achievements in game notifications.

"You are now on/Most ever loops/That was your longest xxxx ever! - previous best 15 mins!"

Give the player some sense of their own personal goals.

#7357 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

My feedback for stern connect is that achievement numbers are FAR too low for HUO machines.
The verified should be separate as those are like related to $$ but for ones that are just complete they need to drastically pump those numbers up.
Less than 100 plays on my machines and some of the lifetime achievements are done already.
[quoted image]
It would also be nice to see really detailed stats around everything in the game.
Length of games, number, duration, score rate in various multiballs.
That sort of thing.
Link those to opt-in for automatic/in progress lifetime achievements in game notifications.
"You are now on/Most ever loops/That was your longest xxxx ever! - previous best 15 mins!"
Give the player some sense of their own personal goals.

I get a lot of those stats in my R&M audits. it's neat

#7358 2 years ago

It's actually 6 consecutive loops to lite ally, not 5. My record is only 7, but that happened during a multiball and was a bit of luck. I've gotten 6 a couple different times during single ball play though, including yesterday.

I'm curious does anyone know if you can earn the ally from 6 consecutive more than once per game? Once per ball?? I don't mean by hitting 12 in a row, just two sets of six consecutively at different times during a single game. Seems unlikely I'll have two different sets of 6 in a single game based on how infrequently I've managed to hit 6 at all, but you never know...

There are also destruction jackpot multipliers, or maybe annihilation jackpot +1% awards, at something like 15 total loops (or was it 25?).

#7359 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would look at the optos. If one is slightly mis-aligned, it can register from local vibration when the beam is broken. It also is common that the wires to the opto can break inside the insulation, which causes an intermittent connection that triggers the switch as the power is applied and broken, etc. In switch test mode, wiggle and tug the opto wires (from under the playfield if necessary) and see if that triggers it.

I had a similar problem with the right ramp exit optos... Kept on realigning them, but tapping on the habitrails with the back of a screwdriver would keep setting them off. Eventually switched out the opto pair and that completely resolved the issue... (if nothing else works first)

#7360 2 years ago

Giving a shout out to Doug @speakerlightkits

Amidst the confusion for the flaming light kits and the additional skyline for the effect....Douglas issued a $8.45 USD refund....

I had ordered the lights on one order, then saw in this thread we needed to add the skyline, so I ran another order, which included another shipping charge...my bad, my mistake.

I know it's only $8.45 but the fact that he combined the order and shipped, and also gave the shipping refund makes for an honorable vendor.

#7361 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Giving a shout out to Doug @speakerlightkits
Amidst the confusion for the flaming light kits and the additional skyline for the effect....Douglas issued a $8.45 USD refund....
I had ordered the lights on one order, then saw in this thread we needed to add the skyline, so I ran another order, which included another shipping charge...my bad, my mistake.
I know it's only $8.45 but the fact that he combined the order and shipped, and also gave the shipping refund makes for an honorable vendor.

Hes been great to deal with, his kits are a must for every pin I buy

#7362 2 years ago

<DELETED>
**I made a mistake and own it**

#7363 2 years ago

And then there's the compression...
AOL and CompuServe called and want these clips back.
20220203_153107 (resized).jpg20220203_153107 (resized).jpg20220203_153132 (resized).jpg20220203_153132 (resized).jpg20220203_153300 (resized).jpg20220203_153300 (resized).jpg20220203_153302 (resized).jpg20220203_153302 (resized).jpg20220203_153751 (resized).jpg20220203_153751 (resized).jpg20220203_154025 (resized).jpg20220203_154025 (resized).jpg

#7364 2 years ago

Lastly, is this gap normal in Stern games?
It's pretty noticeable from the front of the game while I'm playing. They could've at least used black tubing mounts here.
Again, these are small touches tied to QC. You can't keep raising the price, while lowering the ball in quality -- no matter whether it's home-use or commercial.
#end of rant#

20220203_152443_2 (resized).jpg20220203_152443_2 (resized).jpg
#7365 2 years ago

If that’s what you’re upset about I think you’ll be ok

#7366 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

If that’s what you’re upset about I think you’ll be ok

Upset about what? Mediocrity?
Successful companies progress and make their products better year-after-year, even with cost-cutting. Apple, Tesla, Samsung...I can go on. These were small companies at one time.
Why is Stern any different, especially at $9,000?

#7367 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

his is a undoubtedly a great game, but I do have to ding Stern for some laziness.
Subway is ONE word! Just smacking this word on a building like this was also lazy.

Yep, total laziness…

38D34726-B1F0-4465-B6CE-9E4DAA299F5E (resized).jpeg38D34726-B1F0-4465-B6CE-9E4DAA299F5E (resized).jpeg
#7368 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yep, total laziness…[quoted image]

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg

But, let's hear why the video compression on Godzilla is SO MUCH WORSE than prior Spike games, even on the how-two video "outside" the actual game...

#7369 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I was wrong! Thank you for sharing and setting me straight.
Wow. Shame on Toho.

#7370 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I was wrong! Thank you for sharing and setting me straight.
Wow. Shame on Toho.

It's not the weirdest English approximation you'll see in Tokyo or Hokkaido or Nagasaki, etc IRL even now. They didn't invent it just for Godzilla.

#7371 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not the weirdest English approximation you'll see in Tokyo or Hokkaido or Nagasaki, etc IRL even now. They didn't invent it just for Godzilla.

Absolutely. I know this firsthand having worked for Japanese companies. Same in China.
That was a solid follow-up by @sk8ball. I should've researched prior to posting.

I am glad that you agree on the compression.
Again, I still love the game, but it's pretty bad. I just worry about it being deemed acceptable at even higher price points.

#7372 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Absolutely. I know this firsthand having worked for Japanese companies. Same in China.
That was a solid follow-up by sk8ball. I should've researched prior to posting.
Again, I still love the game, but it's pretty bad. I just worry about it being deemed acceptable at even higher price points.

My favorite one was on one of my trips they had just launched a new fortified water in Japan and had ads all over Tokyo with a baseball player posed drinking the unfortunately-named drink and the tagline "SPEED: For Professionals"

Cracked me up every time I saw it. Obviously there was no understanding of what speed was slang for in the US and how that changed the meaning of their ad.

#7373 2 years ago

Today i played My godzilla, shoot two ramps and the scoop. To my surprise the “Alien” scene was replaced with a goat sitting in the office

Funny as hell

#7374 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Do we know what the "lazy" team had for playfield pitch angle during GZ development? Is this machine similar to JP at preferred/designed at 7 degrees?

#7375 2 years ago

There should be a Pinside achievement for having your rant dismantled by a game’s designer in its own club thread.

#7376 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

That was a solid follow-up by sk8ball. I should've researched prior to posting.

3c9 (resized).jpg3c9 (resized).jpg
#7377 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. I thought I'd fixed it by reseating connectors initially but the fault returned. I'm pretty sure I've got it now, I just re-flowed the solder pads on one of the optos. Seems ok now.

#7378 2 years ago

Looks like Godzilla is here to stay as the number 1 pin on the top 100 on Pinside. Well deserved!

#7379 2 years ago

Five loops is my best so far, the ball speed keeps getting faster when you nail it just perfectly, so the ball is really flying on that sixth attempt, and I always get a little ahead om my timing to try and compensate.

Great game, really enjoying learning how to play this layout etc. I just need to play it more, work keeps getting in the way

#7380 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Five loops is my best so far, the ball speed keeps getting faster when you nail it just perfectly, so the ball is really flying on that sixth attempt, and I always get a little ahead om my timing to try and compensate.
Great game, really enjoying learning how to play this layout etc. I just need to play it more, work keeps getting in the way

Work is overrated , but I'm semi retired so,,,,

#7381 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Successful companies progress and make their products better year-after-year, even with cost-cutting. Apple, Tesla, Samsung...I can go on. These were small companies at one time.

To be fair, stern has improved in many areas:

1. Code development and completeness @ delivery
2. LCD dev
3. Designers
4. Toys/wireforms, metal ramps (BOM)

#7382 2 years ago

I am beyond furious right now.....

4 months checking Stern website for Godzilla accessories......checking 4 times a day......waiting waiting waiting for them to be listed for sale.

Just saw they popped up on Stern's website this morning! Art blades, shooter rod, armor.........INSTA SOLD OUT

WTF Stern? Seriously?? Can't find them listed in stock anywhere.

#7383 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

4 months checking Stern website for Godzilla accessories......checking 4 times a day......waiting waiting waiting for them to be listed for sale.
Just saw they popped up on Stern's website this morning! Art blades, shooter rod, armor.........INSTA SOLD OUT

Maybe they aren't sold out, but they just created the product and they haven't entered in the stock yet

#7384 2 years ago

On every website now they're listed? Not likely

#7385 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My premium which I've only had a week has just developed a switch issue. I noticed I collected a destruction jackpot without making the loop ( or even the switch in the loop that collects it ). Then I started getting excessive multiple loop awards, similar to when the optos are playing up on a star trek warp ramp. Checked the switch [58]and it's behaving fine, it's not overly sensitive, just right. Thumping the playfield looking for sensitive switches reveals nothing. In another game just now I missed the loop for destruction jackpot, but collected it by trying to make the heat ray shot to have another go at the loop, ball rattled about a bit so not sure if it was the spinner or one of the tesla target that seemed to collect it for me. In switch test all switches report their position correctly so it isn't a matter of switches incorrectly connected. I've re-seated CN11 on Node 9. Scratching my head a little here.

I had the same thing. I pulled out the big loop opto bracket (switch 59 I believe) and the side with the red and brown wires would trigger with very little flex of the board. Stern sent me new optos and I haven't had a problem since. Took two minutes to replace.

#7386 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

i'm guessing the stern resellers/distros are waiting on inventory count from stern before updating their stuff. i doubt marco, lsog, etc, all sold out immediately this morning at the same time; they likely don't want to overcommit and have people waiting and getting upset (as has happened with the delays on machines).

#7387 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i'm guessing the stern resellers/distros are waiting on inventory count from stern before updating their stuff. i doubt marco, lsog, etc, all sold out immediately this morning at the same time; they likely don't want to overcommit and have people waiting and getting upset (as has happened with the delays on machines).

It's possible, but I am guessing that these items are domestically produced and the logistics chain on these won't be as long as say a topper or a pinball machine that requires circuitry.

Especially the vinyl game blades.

#7388 2 years ago

See all the enthusiasm about the new code and can't play, after about 50 plays in, my building started getting jammed, and now it just jams continuously, either going up or down. Looks like the building is bend, probably by the weight during transport. Waiting for a new one now....
Disappointed, such a great game though

#7389 2 years ago

Anyone interested in a Godzilla pro translite? Also have EHOH, GOTG prem and Mando pro translites. Not free, but I’ll undercut eBay prices and ship for free in the continental US. Shoot me msg!

#7390 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

See all the enthusiasm about the new code and can't play, after about 50 plays in, my building started getting jammed, and now it just jams continuously, either going up or down. Looks like the building is bend, probably by the weight during transport. Waiting for a new one now....
Disappointed, such a great game though

Disable the building mech in the game settings, and play away.

#7391 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Disable the building mech in the game settings, and play away.

uh...didn't even think of that, thanks

#7392 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If all of those accessories had actually hit stock, there would be people in here reporting having scored the stuff and linking to the site to purchase. The distros clearly just got links and graphics to put up on their own sites. Nobody bought anything yet because none of these things have even been stocked.

#7393 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Wow. Shame on Toho.

Calm down, dude.

#7394 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Email Terry at pinball life. He may be able to order them for you.

#7395 2 years ago

Godzilla shooter rods will be $180 plus $15 shipping. Art blades coming this month and rods end of month or next.

#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Easy - no competition. All those companies you listed have significant competition in the marketplace.

#7397 2 years ago

$180 for that egg shooter rod? Does it even light up?

#7398 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

$180 for that egg shooter rod? Does it even light up?

Or hatch? I might be in for that.

#7399 2 years ago

ya, I'm not going to lie, my house is very mothra-loving, and I thought this rod would be a slam-dunk buy, but at this price point, it could easily be reproduced, and the value just isn't there. it's a shame, but that's how it goes sometimes.`

#7400 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They are definitely not listed anywhere else.
Told my distributor to put me down for side armor and shooter rod.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Shelby, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 27,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/148?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.