PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 548.
#7301 2 years ago

It’s a reference to the goats in his previous game Jurassic Park and a nod to the long running Bally / WMS Cows found in Scared Stiff, Attack from Mars, Taxi etc etc

Side note: For owners of JP there is a setting to enable ‘more goats’ which turns the jeep into a goat, adds lots of goat sounds and turns all the paddock dinos into goats. Pretty hilarious.

Quoted from mostater:

Yep. Not sure what triggered it, though... And why is it there? I don't see the connection.

#7302 2 years ago

Isn't there also a small goat that appears in one of the Godzilla building destruction scenes? It's small and faint but I'm pretty sure it's a goat. It certainly looks like one.

#7303 2 years ago

I think godzilla is much better than maiden...maiden was a fun pin to shoot overall but godzilla has everything anyone cld want in a pin imo. Such a great game allready with more to come but dang the layout is just amazing and the jump ramp/bash toy and moving building with different ball paths is nice touch. I love when I'm hitting the ramps and the bridge is breaking apart and your not sure what's gone to happen but I love when it falls and magnet catches it.
This is the game everyone has been asking for from stern and it's for sure well loved allready....its to bad they are so far behind making them.

#7304 2 years ago

First extended / good game for me on new code. Went for doing everything in each city rather than moving on before max carnage bonus. As a result, my game ended shortly after arriving in city #3.

Screenshot_20220202-220535 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220202-220535 (resized).png

Wondering how to identify the sweet spot for score between maxing out each city's opportunities and traveling to more cities and fighting more monsters. Thoughts?

#7305 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

First extended / good game for me on new code. Went for doing everything in each city rather than moving on before max carnage bonus. As a result, my game ended shortly after arriving in city #3.
[quoted image]
Wondering how to identify the sweet spot for score between maxing out each city's opportunities and traveling to more cities and fighting more monsters. Thoughts?

The ‘Elwin debate’ - progress or points.

Nice score btw

#7306 2 years ago

Its times like these I wish Mecha had a coil so he would let the ball go from his shitty saggy plastic arm
I did the heat trick, didn't last long.

20220203_190558 (resized).jpg20220203_190558 (resized).jpg
#7307 2 years ago

Still have spots launching leds onto playfield, great

20220203_185411 (resized).jpg20220203_185411 (resized).jpg
#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Still have spots launching leds onto playfield, great
[quoted image]

I never had a spotlight fall out after doing this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

Give it a shot.

#7309 2 years ago

Hello all, can we please determine the overall consecutive loops champion? I will start with my 6.

#7310 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

Hello all, can we please determine the overall consecutive loops champion? I will start with my 6.

LOL! 17 but I’m sure that I’m still a rookie for this.

#7311 2 years ago

We will allow your score of 17 but do know that having your machine on 6.2 degrees isn't cool!

Quoted from crwjumper:

LOL! 17 but I’m sure that I’m still a rookie for this.

#7312 2 years ago

Just had a game where I did the opposite of you. Played for progress and to get to Planet X. Got there and finished my game with around 2.5 billion.

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

I think I’m at like 4 haha

#7314 2 years ago

Anyone else secretly hoping that Destruction Jackpot looping supers gets added in the code? Then we would have a reason to shoot consecutive loops. They could even add a Destruction loops champion to the leaderboard. Sounds like big fun to me.

Quoted from Had:

#7315 2 years ago

Yeah, right now I don’t see any reason to try for consecutive loops outside of getting the loop champ.

#7316 2 years ago

Right, and it doesn’t pay off in score and nearly always ends in draining your ball into the L outlane if you fail to make a full loop. Destruction Super Loops would make a great risk vs reward scenario.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, right now I don’t see any reason to try for consecutive loops outside of getting the loop champ.

#7317 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its times like these I wish Mecha had a coil so he would let the ball go from his shitty saggy plastic arm
I did the heat trick, didn't last long.
[quoted image]

I would consider removing that plastic, drilling a small hole in it and adding a small plastic post with a ring.

https://www.pinballlife.com/translucent-plastic-mini-posts-1-tall.html

RM

#7318 2 years ago

Thanks tdiddy

93F2910B-FBFF-4DD4-92C3-F192851B15E7 (resized).jpeg93F2910B-FBFF-4DD4-92C3-F192851B15E7 (resized).jpeg
#7319 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right, and it doesn’t pay off in score and nearly always ends in draining your ball into the L outlane if you fail to make a full loop. Destruction Super Loops would make a great risk vs reward scenario.

I really hope Keith gives us more reason to shoot consecutive loops by the time we get to 1.0 code… This is what makes IMDN so much fun to play.

#7320 2 years ago

My premium which I've only had a week has just developed a switch issue. I noticed I collected a destruction jackpot without making the loop ( or even the switch in the loop that collects it ). Then I started getting excessive multiple loop awards, similar to when the optos are playing up on a star trek warp ramp. Checked the switch [58]and it's behaving fine, it's not overly sensitive, just right. Thumping the playfield looking for sensitive switches reveals nothing. In another game just now I missed the loop for destruction jackpot, but collected it by trying to make the heat ray shot to have another go at the loop, ball rattled about a bit so not sure if it was the spinner or one of the tesla target that seemed to collect it for me. In switch test all switches report their position correctly so it isn't a matter of switches incorrectly connected. I've re-seated CN11 on Node 9. Scratching my head a little here.

#7321 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I really hope Keith gives us more reason to shoot consecutive loops by the time we get to 1.0 code… This is what makes IMDN so much fun to play.

Agreed. Some of my best scores were on games where I mostly ignored using the upper flipper.

#7322 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

I've only done 6 as well, but my daughter has done 7. It's tougher then I would have thought!

#7323 2 years ago

Yeah I’ll get 2-3 easy ones, then the feed goes wonky and screws up my timing. Much more makable then like shadow though.

#7324 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Spot ally is nice

#7325 2 years ago

It’s fun going for the achievements!
Have you been using the stern connect ?

396CF131-B7D9-40F6-8233-BE3381E5F3A3 (resized).png396CF131-B7D9-40F6-8233-BE3381E5F3A3 (resized).png
#7326 2 years ago

PinMonk, I would just like to say,

You sir, are a gem. thnx

#7327 2 years ago

Mikey like Garzeeewaaaaaaa!!!!!

#7328 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’ll get 2-3 easy ones, then the feed goes wonky and screws up my timing. Much more makable then like shadow though.

This is what happens to me. On the third loop the ball always feeds out too far away from the flipper.

#7329 2 years ago

I am positively surprised that no playfieldissues are reported in the GZ threads. No pooling, planking, smooth clearcoat, metal guides digging in the clearcoat etc. Or does anybody has such issues?

#7330 2 years ago

i feel like with the loop, there's two trajectories the ball can take (either riding fully against the outside, or angling back against the inner after the turn), and it greatly impacts the speed and timing. one of the few times i've caught flow on it, i managed 14, but most of the time, ya, 3-4 max.

#7331 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I am positively surprised that no playfieldissues are reported in the GZ threads. No pooling, planking, smooth clearcoat, metal guides digging in the clearcoat etc. Or does anybody has such issues?

there's a few people with reported planking, etc., about 50 pages back. it happens to a few out of every batch, sadly

#7332 2 years ago

Had playfield up and spotted this on upper left side, facing the back box

FE40C27B-0C07-4B3D-AD91-F1F903EE77FC (resized).jpegFE40C27B-0C07-4B3D-AD91-F1F903EE77FC (resized).jpeg

#7333 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Spot ally is nice

Did not know this. Consecutive loops or just after a certain number of loops?

#7334 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

[quoted image]

ya, dorat there is the only non-showa era monster in/on the game (so far)

#7335 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

[quoted image]

Just another reason to love this game as it has an anachronism.

#7336 2 years ago

The more I play this game, the more I realize it's one of the greatest games of all time. I firmly believe it deserves the #1 spot, and the code isn't even complete yet.

I've owned a lot of games and played even more. This is by far, the best pinball machine I've ever played.

Bravo to Keith and entire team over at Stern on this gem. From the layout, to the art, the software, the callouts, everything is just outstanding!

#7337 2 years ago

The more I play this game, the more I realize it's one of the greatest games of all time. I firmly believe it deserves the #1 spot, and the code isn't even complete yet.
I've owned a lot of games and played even more. This is by far, the best pinball machine I've ever played.
Bravo to Keith and entire team over at Stern on this gem. From the layout, to the art, the software, the callouts, everything is just outstanding!

#7338 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did not know this. Consecutive loops or just after a certain number of loops?

5 consecutive loops lights ally

#7339 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

This is what happens to me. On the third loop the ball always feeds out too far away from the flipper.

So I just managed to get 5 loops. I had to nudge left when I flipped for loops 3, 4, 5. Then I missed the 6th.

Not sure if I'm just a bad shot or this game has a setup issue.

#7340 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

So I just managed to get 5 loops. I had to nudge left when I flipped for loops 3, 4, 5. Then I missed the 6th.
Not sure if I'm just a bad shot or this game has a setup issue.

Just have to hit the loop a certain way to keep the feed consistent. Hard to manage when the speed of the shot is always changing.

#7341 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just have to hit the loop a certain way to keep the feed consistent. Hard to manage when the speed of the shot is always changing.

Makes sense, I'm probably going into the loop too high and it bangs off the guide and loses momentum.

#7342 2 years ago

While waiting for my Godzilla and Deadpool I found this awesome print that I have to get.

7A3D10A4-5729-4F9C-92FD-F36EBBB90A50 (resized).jpeg7A3D10A4-5729-4F9C-92FD-F36EBBB90A50 (resized).jpeg
#7343 2 years ago

Free Tip: you might sell more of your mods if your marketplace ad has pictures that show the mod actually installed in the game instead of just sitting on a table next to a bag of cat food.

#7344 2 years ago

I've played about 5 different GZ's and the loop feed seems different on each of them. On 1, it's very consistent and I think i've gotten 11 consecutive but most of them have the problem where the ball tends to not hug the wall after 2-3 loops and makes it very difficult to keep going. Could also possibly be setup related and not necessarily game construction.

#7345 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My premium which I've only had a week has just developed a switch issue. I noticed I collected a destruction jackpot without making the loop ( or even the switch in the loop that collects it ). Then I started getting excessive multiple loop awards, similar to when the optos are playing up on a star trek warp ramp. Checked the switch [58]and it's behaving fine, it's not overly sensitive, just right. Thumping the playfield looking for sensitive switches reveals nothing. In another game just now I missed the loop for destruction jackpot, but collected it by trying to make the heat ray shot to have another go at the loop, ball rattled about a bit so not sure if it was the spinner or one of the tesla target that seemed to collect it for me. In switch test all switches report their position correctly so it isn't a matter of switches incorrectly connected. I've re-seated CN11 on Node 9. Scratching my head a little here.

I ' think ' I found the issue, SW 59 is the loop exit opto, I believe a flaky connection at the connectors to the opto pair was the problem. Further testing will hopefully confirm.

#7346 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

I've played about 5 different GZ's and the loop feed seems different on each of them. On 1, it's very consistent and I think i've gotten 11 consecutive but most of them have the problem where the ball tends to not hug the wall after 2-3 loops and makes it very difficult to keep going. Could also possibly be setup related and not necessarily game construction.

flipper power and slope make a big difference. People originally were cranking the Flipper power (vs turning it down) and when the ball moves too fast it tends to push out from the rail more. Also why often it gets harder the quicker the shots.

#7347 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

flipper power and slope make a big difference. People originally were cranking the Flipper power (vs turning it down) and when the ball moves too fast it tends to push out from the rail more. Also why often it gets harder the quicker the shots.

It definitely gets harder with speed for the reason you describe. I got 6 in the early days, now I can't get more than 2. I'm not sure if the way my guide rail is put together is adversely affecting the loop or not it's hard for me to get a slow motion video. Perhaps it is, perhaps it's the original coil stops, perhaps it's just my little flipper fingers, or some or all the above.

20220203_142414 (resized).jpg20220203_142414 (resized).jpg
#7348 2 years ago

I've yet to find the sweet spot for setup where all the shots and feeds feel like how I imagine they were designed to be. What I mean is that if I adjust the steepness to make the loop more loopable (I believe steeper seems to be better, to a point) I can hit 10+ consecutively, but then some other expected feed or shot seems off in a way that doesn't feel intentional. And then if I adjust the steepness to correct that feed or shot, then I enter the max out at 3-4 loop situation with the ball coming off the rail.

#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

I've only done 6 as well, but my daughter has done 7. It's tougher then I would have thought!

6 here, too.

#7350 2 years ago

I've yet to find the sweet spot for setup where all the shots and feeds feel like how I imagine they were designed to be. What I mean is that if I adjust the steepness to make the loop more loopable (I believe steeper seems to be better, to a point) I can hit 10+ consecutively, but then some other expected feed, then some other expected feed or shot seems off in a way that doesn't feel intentional. And then if I adjust the steepness to correct that feed or shot, then I enter the max out at 3-4 loop situation with the ball coming off the rail.

This was my issue too. I adjusted the pitch a few times after first setting the game up. Some people seem to have just got lucky on the first try.

Where I have it, I have got 7 loops a few times, and 9 loops once. 5 is typically the most I can pull off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.