PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 548.
#7251 2 years ago

IdahoRealtor
You can ignore QR scanner, only tracks your achievements in game. I think without setting up, as requires to set up internet wifi to machine, then you will be required to update code by USB only.

#7252 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I find using wifi updating to be easiest. Works well for me and takes like 20 minutes. Never have to mess with drives, downloads, or opening up the game.

+1 for Wifi and direct install.
Great not to have remove the back glass
Kudos to Stern Pinball for incorporating Wifi

20220129_181957 (resized).jpg20220129_181957 (resized).jpg
#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Absolutely. If you said Maiden or AIQ I would have had you reconsider but JP is a completely different kind of game than Godzilla and both are awesome for what they are. I admit I have been playing Godzilla almost primarily the past month since I got it but I put a few games on JP earlier today and fell in love with it all over again. I think JP is still my favorite of the two but Godzilla is just so fun to play too and I can't wait to see what code is like when it gets to 1.0.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your reply.

#7254 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

a question to all the Godzilla premium/Le lovers...
I have an Iron maiden LE and I have the chance to trade it for a Godzilla LE. What would you do?
Buying a new premium will take 6 months or more...

Do it, I did exactly that as I’m a 1 pin apartment.
No regerts as the dyslexic kids say

#7255 2 years ago

I just ignore the interconnect feature. It isnt something I am interested in doing. The only benefit in home use I see is to update the code.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do these new Sterns with QR scanners require an internet connection, or can owner simply play it offline and ignore the feature?

#7256 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

it comes off the rubbers that stern uses. not sure if it's the way they're "hardened", or what, but they release a residue to the ball, which in turn spreads it around the field. I've switch to titans across my whole machine

When you say "Titans" are you referring to rubbers from Titan Pinball? I would like to replace the rubbers and see if I can reduce the black residue on the playfield. Their black ones do not produce black residue or did you change color?

#7257 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

When you say "Titans" are you referring to rubbers from Titan Pinball? I would like to replace the rubbers and see if I can reduce the black residue on the playfield. Their black ones do not produce black residue or did you change color?

Color doesn’t matter. The silicone bands don’t shed like the rubber ones do.

#7258 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Color doesn’t matter. The silicone bands don’t shed like the rubber ones do.

Cool, thanks for that reply!

#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do these new Sterns with QR scanners require an internet connection, or can owner simply play it offline and ignore the feature?

You're missing out on a lot of fun if you don't enable it though!

#7260 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I find using wifi updating to be easiest. Works well for me and takes like 20 minutes. Never have to mess with drives, downloads, or opening up the game.

For whatever reason, at least on my game, the wifi update doesn't work great. I have good internet and can download the code on the PC in 10 min or less then put it on USB and update the game quickly. Trying the wifi method took hours after which the game froze and I needed to restart and try again. Tried it a second time and it froze again after more than an hour. The 3rd time it actually worked.

#7261 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

For whatever reason, at least on my game, the wifi update doesn't work great. I have good internet and can download the code on the PC in 10 min or less then put it on USB and update the game quickly. Trying the wifi method took hours after which the game froze and I needed to restart and try again. Tried it a second time and it froze again after more than an hour. The 3rd time it actually worked.

Wonder if it's less the wifi and more the card having issues writing and reading. It could be either, just adding other possibilities. I had a USB drive have issues installing an update and it ended up swapping to another USB and worked great.

#7262 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

If you have the ability to do so, just run a cat 5e cable to your machine. The download speed will increase tremendously based on your ISP speed.

#7263 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If you have the ability to do so, just run a cat 5e cable to your machine. The download speed will increase tremendously based on your ISP speed.

How long of a cable can you run without losing any reliability? I'm 40 to 50 feet.

#7264 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Maiden LE will be much more rare as there are only 500 vs 1000 of GZ LE. Looking at the current prices Maiden LE tends to sell for considerably more so if you want to do the trade I'd get some cash your way. I have both and they may be the best 2 games in my collection. I like playing GZ more now but it is hard to make a fair comparison when GZ is so new.

GZ premium and Maiden premium are hands down my two favorite games in my collection. That being said if one had to go it would be maiden.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

#7265 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How long of a cable can youb run without losing any reliability? I'm 40 to 50 feet.

Cat5e cable is rated to 100meters without losing banwidth.

#7266 2 years ago

Replied to wrong post

#7267 2 years ago

Other cool stuff I added later.

Comet LED fire lights under bridge and drake triggered with shaker. Fire frame interactive with the white G.I.

#7268 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How long of a cable can you run without losing any reliability? I'm 40 to 50 feet.

328 feet

If your machines are in a row like most of us do, I would pickup a Trendnet or Netgear etc... 1gb switch with 8 ports. Put the switch behind the center machine, then use like short runs to each of the machines.

One like this for example or which ever company you like and support:

https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-EdgeSmart-mountable-Protection-TEG-S80ES/dp/B07FYXRXB3/ref=sr_1_3

#7269 2 years ago

I am having issues with a roll-over gate, specifically #34, aka "Mecha Exit Bottom". As of a few days ago, I've had a number of instances where the ball will just stop and not roll-over the gate. You have to nudge the side of the machine to get it loose (and hard enough that it inevitably tilts). Nothing impeding under the playfield or on top (or so it seems), doesn't look bent or misaligned, and a switch test comes back ok. It's not with every ball, but enough to be irritating.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.41.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.41.19 AM (resized).png
#7270 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

GZ premium and Maiden premium are hands down my two favorite games in my collection. That being said if one had to go it would be maiden.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I sold my Maiden premium to pay for Godzilla. I do miss Maiden but it had to be done. Now if the game had like 6 or more songs it would be literal pinball perfection.

#7271 2 years ago

It could be that the wire is sitting up too high. You could gently bend it in a manner to flatten the curve a bit to allow the ball to roll over it more easily.

#7272 2 years ago

I am having issues with a roll-over gate, specifically #34, aka "Mecha Exit Bottom". As of a few days ago, I've had a number of instances where the ball will just stop and not roll-over the gate. You have to nudge the side of the machine to get it loose (and hard enough that it inevitably tilts). Nothing impeding under the playfield or on top (or so it seems), doesn't look bent or misaligned, and a switch test comes back ok. It's not with every ball, but enough to be irritating.
Any ideas?[quoted image]

#7273 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Wonder if it's less the wifi and more the card having issues writing and reading. It could be either, just adding other possibilities.

I have thought maybe it is a combination off issues:

1) the wifi signal strength at the game may not be the strongest although other devices in the room including the BBH HD next to and my streaming rig have no issues.

2) the USB wifi unit they include really doesn't have much of an antenna at it is partially enclosed in the metal box box. I noticed on export games they include a bigger wifi antenna that is attached to the side of the back box. I wonder if anyone has tried installing something like this in a US game?

I could try replacing the SD card, I just find it hard to believe I could have a bad SD card and the only issue is installing code updates over wifi.

I have no interest in bringing a CAT 5 cable to this game. It would be a mess unless I want to start tunneling these through walls. Stern doesn't even seem to make that easy since there isn't a connector on the outside. There is no way this should require that kind of band width and it is an antiquated solution in the modern era.

#7274 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Any ideas?[quoted image]

I had the same issue before levelling the game (i.e raising the right and back legs).

#7275 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Comet LED fire lights under bridge and drake triggered with shaker. Fire frame interactive with the white G.I.

Looks good man. I've GOT to get those speaker lights. SO damn cool!

#7276 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

There is no way this should require that kind of band width and it is an antiquated solution in the modern era.

When updates drop that are 4, 5 or even 6 gigs large the call for larger bandwidth kicks in with for the length of time to pull it down. Most wifi devices (wireless) will most likely peak out at maximum performance in the area of 250-300 Mbps, as where wired devices will pull as fast as your network card will allow. Now a days most likely a gigabit adapter in the machines now and cat 5e will allow that data speed.

The top of the machine has a removable plug for where the topper wire drops in, you can drop the cat 5e in there as well to the cpu board.

Yes pulling cable through walls, ceiling or even under a rug etc sucks unless your already have open walls on a rebuild etc... I agree 100%. For anyone building a new game room, kitchen etc.. I always suggest pulling cat 5e or cat 6, a few line to each location for future expansion.

You can also have a coiled up line at the switch ready to just pull across the room when a update drops, just plug in the RJ45 and in 30 seconds your dynamic ip should be ready to go. Then just coil it back up when your done. It's 10-15 mins worth of time to have the wire stretched across beats the hell out of a 1-2 hours wifi download.

Just a thought...

#7277 2 years ago

Any ideas?[quoted image]

Bend the wire loop downward so the ball can climb it easier. Just adjust so the switch still clicks with ball movement (not your finger) and you don't get hangups.

#7278 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I have thought maybe it is a combination off issues:
1) the wifi signal strength at the game may not be the strongest although other devices in the room including the BBH HD next to and my streaming rig have no issues.
2) the USB wifi unit they include really doesn't have much of an antenna at it is partially enclosed in the metal box box. I noticed on export games they include a bigger wifi antenna that is attached to the side of the back box. I wonder if anyone has tried installing something like this in a US game?
I could try replacing the SD card, I just find it hard to believe I could have a bad SD card and the only issue is installing code updates over wifi.
I have no interest in bringing a CAT 5 cable to this game. It would be a mess unless I want to start tunneling these through walls. Stern doesn't even seem to make that easy since there isn't a connector on the outside. There is no way this should require that kind of band width and it is an antiquated solution in the modern era.

Its rare, but bad I/O on a mounted partition can cause more freezes compared to just having sluggish internet. Unless the OS doesnt know how to handle wifi connection drops and causes the freeze there. I have a printer that froze halfway through multiple times b/c of a bad brand new USB drive as well...wasnt the file as i moved it over to a new one and worked just fine. Its just one of those things I always have on the list to troubleshoot. Some are rare occurrences but if I have spare parts laying around, it doesnt hurt to spend a couple of minutes to mark them off the list of possibilities if its a quick thing to test...compared to getting an antenna, moving a router, or running a cable. Could also be the wifi unit as well. Corrupt hardware could glitch out the OS.

And yeah, bandwidth should just be a luxury for the updates. I have GZ at work attached to a guest network thats super limited in ports and bandwidth. Downloads take maybe 45-60 minutes, but doesnt freeze.

#7279 2 years ago

Any ideas?[quoted image]

Magnetic Reed Switches that Sonic makes are fantastic. PM him directly if you’re interested.

#7280 2 years ago

For those that switched out their Godzilla figure with one that has the atomic breath how do you light up your atomic breath?

#7281 2 years ago

Any ideas?[quoted image]

Same issue with mine and im not willing to change the game level just for this. Im going to try and adjust the switch actuator height down.

#7282 2 years ago

my banner came in, and i'm done with mods and external accessories......until my ghidorah arrives to make my topper in 2 weeks

20220202_132350 (resized).jpg20220202_132350 (resized).jpg
#7283 2 years ago

You can also have a coiled up line at the switch ready to just pull across the room when a update drops, just plug in the RJ45 and in 30 seconds your dynamic ip should be ready to go. Then just coil it back up when your done. It's 10-15 mins worth of time to have the wire stretched across beats the hell out of a 1-2 hours wifi download.

I run a USB extension cable into the cab when I set up a game. Then download the update and plug the USB stick in through the coin door. Some how Stern managed introduce wifi updates and make it a step backwards, at least for my game.

#7284 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I run a USB extension cable into the cab when I set up a game. Then download the update and plug the USB stick in through the coin door. Some how Stern managed introduce wifi updates and make it a step backwards, at least for my game.

Exactly!

So easy....

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable-Male-Female/dp/B00NH12O5I/ref=sr_1_1

#7285 2 years ago

Were do you put the ethernet cable on the CPU board? Or do you need a USB adapter. Have you actually done this?

#7286 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Cat5e cable is rated to 100meters without losing banwidth.

Just download on pc and put on flash/thumb drive. I wouldn’t mess with a 40 to 50” cable. It’s not like code updates are coming all the time.

#7287 2 years ago

Any ideas?[quoted image]

Hello...this is exactly what our MRS rollover solution would resolve - just PM if interested! When blubboman and I played Godzilla at Expo this was exactly where we thought our solution would be needed...and here we are! There are many forum posts regarding our products for this type of application if you'd like to see testimonial....

Matt
M&M Creations
"We don't touch your balls..."

#7288 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Standards for cable distance recommend that Cat5, 5e, and 6 cables have a maximum cable segment run length of 100m or 328 feet.

#7289 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

~325 feet. So, a long way.

#7290 2 years ago

For those who might be interested, just posted our Interactive and Illuminated Oxygen Destroyer Mod in the GZ mod thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/17#post-6755403

#7291 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Were do you put the ethernet cable on the CPU board? Or do you need a USB adapter. Have you actually done this?

Port is right there on top of the CPU Board, left of the SD card and USB slots, just right of the molex plugs. See my photo below.
1327A56A-8A0A-43B8-9858-71C78A4DD9C6 (resized).jpeg1327A56A-8A0A-43B8-9858-71C78A4DD9C6 (resized).jpeg

#7292 2 years ago

*sold* Anyone interested in a Stern Godzilla banner? Letting mine go to fund a few mods. Shoot me a msg if you want it. *sold*

#7293 2 years ago

Port is right there on top of the CPU Board, left of the SD card and USB slots, just right of the molex plugs. See my photo below.
[quoted image]

Glad I asked as I was thinking it was the one on the bottom and that's why I was so confused about it. I didn't see the one on top as I am not tall enough. I know that if you use the bottom one it would bad and maybe destroy the CPU board. Anyway thanks for your help.

#7294 2 years ago

So... has anyone else seen a goat on a spaceship? Or was I just hallucinating?

#7295 2 years ago

Mikey likes goats!

#7296 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Lol. I hit the scoop and didn’t hear anything so I looked up and there was a goat staring and bleating at me. That got a good laugh.

#7297 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Yep. Not sure what triggered it, though... And why is it there? I don't see the connection.

#7298 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Lol. I hit the scoop and didn’t hear anything so I looked up and there was a goat staring and bleating at me. That got a good laugh.

Same, just 20 minutes ago

#7299 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Yep. Not sure what triggered it, though... And why is it there? I don't see the connection.

Not sure, but my thought is greatest of all time= goat?

#7300 2 years ago

I really like goats. I laughed and laughed and laughed - and wanted more goats.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.