IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 544.
#7201 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

a question to all the Godzilla premium/Le lovers...
I have an Iron maiden LE and I have the chance to trade it for a Godzilla LE. What would you do?
Buying a new premium will take 6 months or more...

I used to have a Maiden but sold it to get a JP Premium. I still prefer JP out of the two but missed my Maiden a lot up until the point that I got a Godzilla Pro. I think Maiden and Godzilla are close enough in play style vs. JP and Maiden and now I have little interest in bringing it back. Between Maiden and Godzilla I think Godzilla is the better game. I prefer the rules and theme and it is more fun to shoot. Maiden is still a good game but is a distant 3rd on my rankings of KME titles. AIQ is the only one I haven't owned but the rules/theme haven't clicked with me yet despite playing 50+ games on route.

#7202 2 years ago

Not a chance. I keep maiden
And wait to land Zilla Prem
And I suspect Zilla will be competing with Maiden for my Fav all time pin, which is currently Maiden

Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd keep the Maiden LE. You can get a Godzilla Premium in the future. You may not be able to reacquire a Maiden LE at a reasonable price, and it's a great game. Get a Godzilla Pro to tide you over.

#7203 2 years ago

I have an Iron maiden LE and I have the chance to trade it for a Godzilla LE. What would you do?

Maiden LE will be much more rare as there are only 500 vs 1000 of GZ LE. Looking at the current prices Maiden LE tends to sell for considerably more so if you want to do the trade I'd get some cash your way. I have both and they may be the best 2 games in my collection. I like playing GZ more now but it is hard to make a fair comparison when GZ is so new.

#7204 2 years ago

People who have owned JP and GZ, how do you think they compare in difficulty? By difficulty I don’t necessarily mean getting to wizard modes but more in terms of ease of shots, rejects getting you in trouble, amount of nudging needed etc. I really enjoy my JP but I have to nudge that thing a lot compared to other games to keep the ball safe and my old body feels it lol

#7205 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

People who have owned JP and GZ, how do you think they compare in difficulty? By difficulty I don’t necessarily mean getting to wizard modes but more in terms of ease of shots, rejects getting you in trouble, amount of nudging needed etc. I really enjoy my JP but I have to nudge that thing a lot compared to other games to keep the ball safe and my old body feels it lol

I have both side by side and JP has much tighter shots and has the more difficult gameplay and more complex rules. You really need to be zoned in to have success on JP whereas on GZ you have more leeway. GZ difficulty is similar to Iron Maiden. I think the games contrast each other nicely.

#7206 2 years ago

I'd do it in s hesrtbeat. Godzilla is better and more fun. A much more ambitious design and a better theme.

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Quoted from MikeS:

I have both side by side and JP has much tighter shots and has the more difficult gameplay and more complex rules. You really need to be zoned in to have success on JP whereas on GZ you have more leeway. GZ difficulty is similar to Iron Maiden. I think the games contrast each other nicely.

I also have both and totally agree with this.

#7208 2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am looking forward to joining the owners club in the next 1-2 days. I made a trade for a Godzilla LE NIB and the pin has arrived at the shipping station this evening so I would expect it to be at the house in the next day or two.

Are there any suggestions for things I should check right out of the box in terms of common issues, adjustments, etc? I have the pinned TECH threads open and been reading through those. I will post pics once I have it setup

#7209 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Hi Everyone,
I am looking forward to joining the owners club in the next 1-2 days. I made a trade for a Godzilla LE NIB and the pin has arrived at the shipping station this evening so I would expect it to be at the house in the next day or two.
Are there any suggestions for things I should check right out of the box in terms of common issues, adjustments, etc? I have the pinned TECH threads open and been reading through those. I will post pics once I have it setup

I'd advise setting aside about 3 hours after you unbox. Maybe 4. It's that good, you won't wanna quit 6.8°, dead level side to side or slightly biased left at upper flipper , and be ready to replace coil stops in a few weeks.

#7210 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Hi Everyone,

reduce trough power, plan to replace rubbers (they leave so much black residue), coil stops and sleeves, factory balls if it still has them

#7211 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I own both, and Jurassic Park is definitely more difficult.

Godzilla is just more fun to flip, in all honesty, which is saying a lot, since Jurassic Park is one of the best machines of all time in my own biased opinion.

Jurassic Park is very calculated, whereas Godzilla just flows more effortlessly. Jurassic Park is designed to trap up, post pass, think, and make strategic shots. Godzilla is more shoot on the fly, combo-oriented, reactive, and non-stop action.

It’s difficult to compare them, but both machines will scratch different itches.

Their respective themes and tones suit their gameplay design very well. Jurassic Park = serious. Godzilla = silly.

#7212 2 years ago

Can someone tell me of the stern shooter rod has been released yet?

#7213 2 years ago

I'm in!!

IMG_9468D (resized).JPGIMG_9468D (resized).JPG
#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I own both, and Jurassic Park is definitely more difficult.
Godzilla is just more fun to flip, in all honesty, which is saying a lot, since Jurassic Park is one of the best machines of all time in my own biased opinion.
Jurassic Park is very calculated, whereas Godzilla just flows more effortlessly. Jurassic Park is designed to trap up, post pass, think, and make strategic shots. Godzilla is more shoot on the fly, combo-oriented, reactive, and non-stop action.
It’s difficult to compare them, but both machines will scratch different itches.
Their respective themes and tones suit their gameplay design very well. Jurassic Park = serious. Godzilla = silly.

I have Jurassic Park too, and i'm agree with you.

#7215 2 years ago

I agree with a few others. I'd never make that trade. I love Godzilla, but to me, maiden is the best designed playfield of all time. The nuanced comboing in the game is top-teir. GZ is no slouch either, but you can still buy it. Patience will pay off.

#7216 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me of the stern shooter rod has been released yet?

it has not been released, and there's no announced date yet.

#7217 2 years ago

I'm wondering how you all have your flippers set up.

When I got my game, the tips of the flippers were aligned with the alignment holes in the playfield (where I'm guessing they were designed to be). The flippers felt "droopy" to me though, since they weren't in line with the ball return guides. So the mechanics of what my brain is used to was thrown off.

I set the flippers up a little higher. I used a straight edge and aligned them with the ball return guides. To be honest though, it makes some of the shots a lot harder, especially the ramps. It makes hitting the building easier though. With the flipper bat tips aligned on the holes, you have to flip really early to hit the building, especially with the left flipper.

I was watching IEPinball the other day and noticed his flipper bats looked "droppy". I asked if they were aligned on the holes in chat, and he confirmed they are. I also saw he could hit a ramp, then hold the flipper up and pass the ball over to the other flipper. I can't do that with mine, since they are set up tad higher.

I'm thinking about setting the flipper tips back up to be aligned on the holes. What do you all think? How are yours set up?

Picture of my flippers below.

GZFlippers (resized).jpgGZFlippers (resized).jpg
#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

When I got my game, the tips of the flippers were aligned with the alignment holes in the playfield (where I'm guessing they were designed to be). The flippers felt "droopy" to me though, since they weren't in line with the ball return guides. So the mechanics of what my brain is used to was thrown off.
I set the flippers up a little higher. I used a straight edge and aligned them with the ball return guides. To be honest though, it makes some of the shots a lot harder, especially the ramps. It makes hitting the building easier though. With the flipper bat tips aligned on the holes, you have to flip really early to hit the building, especially with the left flipper.
I was watching IEPinball the other day and noticed his flipper bats looked "droppy". I asked if they were aligned on the holes in chat, and he confirmed they are. I also saw he could hit a ramp, then hold the flipper up and pass the ball over to the other flipper. I can't do that with mine, since they are set up tad higher.
I'm thinking about setting the flipper tips back up to be aligned on the holes. What do you all think? How are yours set up?
[quoted image]

I would say yours are a tad too high, mine look centered at the end of the flipper:

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#7219 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I agree with a few others. I'd never make that trade. I love Godzilla, but to me, maiden is the best designed playfield of all time. The nuanced comboing in the game is top-teir. GZ is no slouch either, but you can still buy it. Patience will pay off.

Agree, I'm not sure yet the Godzilla prem/LE is the best godzilla but I know the maiden is the best in that version (for me anyway). I would wait until 1.0 code and all the hardware issues are resolved / clear on GZ before considering the trade.

#7220 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image]

Yours look a bit high. Here are mine for a comparison.

20220201_101916 (resized).jpg20220201_101916 (resized).jpg
#7221 2 years ago

I think they are specifically "droopy" slightly by design so some of the outer shots are more makeable. I think all of Elwin's pins may be like this, I know my Maiden is.

#7222 2 years ago

Thanks so much for the pics guys. Would you mind taking a zoomed out pic of the flippers and the ball guides. Want to see if they look “droopy” in relation to the ball guides.

I do believe the game is drained like this to hit the outer shots better.

#7223 2 years ago

While he's talking about JP specifically in this post, Elwin himself says the saggy flippers are intentional for outside shots in JP.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106

I've never played GZ but I would assume if they are saggy, it's intentional for the same reason.

In JP too, he said the top flipper is intentionally not aligned to the center of the dot as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Guys like you really show how much I suck at pinball. Over 5 billion?!! Wow. I would need to take the glass off to get anywhere near that score.

Nah, just be like me and have a faulty opto that you don't realize is faulty until you find out from the online community that your 25 billion score is... unlikely. HEHE

#7225 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Nah, just be like me and have a faulty opto that you don't realize is faulty until you find out from the online community that your 25 billion score is... unlikely. HEHE

Ah yes, the “all the scoring is in bridge multiball” guy. Your intent was good though. You still had to get through the first two stages to collect those opto supers though. Credit for that!

#7226 2 years ago

finally got my hands on one..now to dig back and find the glowing breath mods!

20220201_130128 (resized).jpg20220201_130128 (resized).jpg
#7227 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks so much for the pics guys. Would you mind taking a zoomed out pic of the flippers and the ball guides. Want to see if they look “droopy” in relation to the ball guides.

Here are my ball guides in comparison to the flippers flippers do look a little droopy so I think this is normal.

DAB4C66F-8399-4074-9E54-359E7AE2EB97 (resized).jpegDAB4C66F-8399-4074-9E54-359E7AE2EB97 (resized).jpeg
#7228 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

20220131_133616 (resized).jpg20220131_133616 (resized).jpg20220131_133621 (resized).jpg20220131_133621 (resized).jpg
#7229 2 years ago

To further confuse matters, on Iron Maiden and I think JP, the flippers in factory "droopy" position are actually below being centered on the dots/hole indicators in the playfield, and the JP upper doesn't align with it's hole either.

I think GZ (maybe AIQ?) Is the first of his to actually have the alignment holes in the correct position for his intended flipper angle...

Clear as mud.

#7230 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

reduce trough power, plan to replace rubbers (they leave so much black residue), coil stops and sleeves, factory balls if it still has them

What is this black residue I keep hearing people complain about from Stern rubbers? Isn't this just the normal coil dust that affects all machines? I have not owned a new Stern yet (JP Prem, GZ Prem arriving in the next runs). Is there something about Stern stock rubbers that I'm not aware of? All three of my W/B machines have black residue (coil dust) that builds up fairly quickly and I run super bands on all of my machines. Just curious.

#7231 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thinking on getting a JP premium this year if stern ships any lol. Since you own both and I own Godzilla, do you still find owning both is worth it? I haven’t played JP premium on route in a few months. I love JP. Thanks for you input.

#7232 2 years ago

Thanks a million for the flipper pictures guys. Much appreciated.

I'm going to put mine back to the factory "droopy" spec and see how I like it. I'll just have to retrain my brain!

#7233 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thinking on getting a JP premium this year if stern ships any lol. Since you own both and I own Godzilla, do you still find owning both is worth it? I haven’t played JP premium on route in a few months. I love JP. Thanks for you input.

Absolutely. If you said Maiden or AIQ I would have had you reconsider but JP is a completely different kind of game than Godzilla and both are awesome for what they are. I admit I have been playing Godzilla almost primarily the past month since I got it but I put a few games on JP earlier today and fell in love with it all over again. I think JP is still my favorite of the two but Godzilla is just so fun to play too and I can't wait to see what code is like when it gets to 1.0.

#7234 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

What is this black residue I keep hearing people complain about from Stern rubbers? Isn't this just the normal coil dust that affects all machines? I have not owned a new Stern yet (JP Prem, GZ Prem arriving in the next runs). Is there something about Stern stock rubbers that I'm not aware of? All three of my W/B machines have black residue (coil dust) that builds up fairly quickly and I run super bands on all of my machines. Just curious.

it comes off the rubbers that stern uses. not sure if it's the way they're "hardened", or what, but they release a residue to the ball, which in turn spreads it around the field. I've switch to titans across my whole machine

#7235 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

The tldr - black rubber tends to create more filth in the game than white or silicone

This is in addition to the usual coil dust that gets dragged around

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I agree - I feel like JP requires more nudging and harder nudging than GZ and the shots on GZ are easier. I think the most difficult shot on GZ is the left spinner. On JP more difficult shots include the O shot, helicopter ramp, right ramp, smart missile amber target and upper loop.

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Pinmonk brings up a good point though, Maiden LE will be harder to replace down the road if you decide you want one back. Was thinking that as well.

Exactly. Godzilla Premium will be available at NIB pricing for at least a year or two, maybe more. Getting an Iron Maiden LE back you're at the whims of a fickle market. It may never be doable to reacquire at a reasonable price. Keep the Iron Maiden, get a Godzilla Pro now, wait for the Premium to become available.

#7238 2 years ago

Would someone do me a favor and take a pic of the Mechagodzilla turntable (from above) UNMODDED? I can't seem to find one. I'd really appreciate it. TIA

#7239 2 years ago

All Keith Elwin games are completely different experiences, I own 3 in a 5 game collection. And I’ve owned all 4.

#7240 2 years ago

what a difference that godzilla makes...

20220201_182343 (resized).jpg20220201_182343 (resized).jpg
#7241 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The tldr - black rubber tends to create more filth in the game than white or silicone
This is in addition to the usual coil dust that gets dragged around

Quoted from Muymanwell:

it comes off the rubbers that stern uses. not sure if it's the way they're "hardened", or what, but they release a residue to the ball, which in turn spreads it around the field. I've switch to titans across my whole machine

Thank you both. Like I said I have no experience with new Stern machines yet. Much appreciated.

-J

#7242 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

I puked up orange juice once afer a roller coaster ride.

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

Add a green led to that spotlight. I did and looks great in my opinion. Make’s Godzilla’s atomic breathe really glow.

1063C2E3-40C0-4719-B7E8-D49EBCB2F515 (resized).jpeg1063C2E3-40C0-4719-B7E8-D49EBCB2F515 (resized).jpeg
#7244 2 years ago

Code 0.90 just came out. I have an LE. Can someone tell me the easiest way to update the code? Heard new code is real good

#7245 2 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Code 0.90 just came out. I have an LE. Can someone tell me the easiest way to update the code? Heard new code is real good

download it on your pc, extract the zipped files onto a usb stick, insert in the machine and then power it up , follow screen prompts.

#7246 2 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

Took me less than 20 mins to download to zip. Then Maybe 10 to install. Tremendous update!

#7247 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Thank you both. Like I said I have no experience with new Stern machines yet. Much appreciated.
-J

I'll add that Beatles comes with white rubber, and man I can't believe how clean the game stays. I literally barely ever need to wipe it down, there is so much less residue on the pf just from having white instead of black rubber.

#7248 2 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

I find using wifi updating to be easiest. Works well for me and takes like 20 minutes. Never have to mess with drives, downloads, or opening up the game.

#7249 2 years ago

Do these new Sterns with QR scanners require an internet connection, or can owner simply play it offline and ignore the feature?

#7250 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do these new Sterns with QR scanners require an internet connection, or can owner simply play it offline and ignore the feature?

You don't need the internet connection.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 27,172 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.