Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 547.
#7101 2 years ago
Quoted from NJNeil:

No estoy seguro del nombre de la capa de polvo, pero es el color que sugirió Steve. Es una mezcla entre naranja y rojo pero tiene escamas interesantes por todas partes (difícil de ver en las fotos)

with deadpool limited? is beautifull!

#7102 2 years ago

I know that players don't "watch" their LCD screen during games, but it is very evident that some of the video clips were poorly encoded. It's mostly dark scenes like the opening intro clips (where you set language), the burning city bonus background, and most of the Jet Jaguar content. Very noticeable compression artifacts present in these particular clips.

The contrast appears to be off on the Minilla match sequence clip at the end of every game. You can clearly see that the black levels are not as present when compared to the previous clip.

I am not attacking Stern. These are just nerdy, technical observations on my part being that this is the first Stern game that I've ever owned (absolutely zero regrets).

#7103 2 years ago

MonsterZilla

4C747E83-610F-4F26-8D22-F132F3E67D5E (resized).jpeg4C747E83-610F-4F26-8D22-F132F3E67D5E (resized).jpeg67CF690D-7759-4C6B-92E9-63DBAEB63344 (resized).jpeg67CF690D-7759-4C6B-92E9-63DBAEB63344 (resized).jpeg84FC3915-C89A-42D8-A707-000BC42259AE (resized).jpeg84FC3915-C89A-42D8-A707-000BC42259AE (resized).jpegF598245A-8172-46C4-B69C-78618C9E3CDA (resized).jpegF598245A-8172-46C4-B69C-78618C9E3CDA (resized).jpegFC61F6CE-CF42-41FC-89DF-66A00875D51E (resized).jpegFC61F6CE-CF42-41FC-89DF-66A00875D51E (resized).jpeg
#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

MonsterZilla
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you have my armor set from Marco, I have been waiting for a month now to receive that exact armor set from him.

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Looks like you have my armor set from Marco, I have been waiting for a month now to receive that exact armor set from him.

I think is my armor set from Marco ordered late November

#7106 2 years ago

Of course it is, I am just joking because I am still waiting on my set to arrive from him.

#7107 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

So I found the manual and found that it’s actually the 4-40 3/16 but can’t seem to find anywhere that sells this. I appreciate your help. Any ideas where to look?

Did you check ebay?

ebay.com link: itm

It's a philips flat head machine screw, not a pan head.

#7108 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I know that players don't "watch" their LCD screen during games, but it is very evident that some of the video clips were poorly encoded. It's mostly dark scenes like the opening intro clips (where you set language), the burning city bonus background, and most of the Jet Jaguar content. Very noticeable compression artifacts present in these particular clips.
The contrast appears to be off on the Minilla match sequence clip at the end of every game. You can clearly see that the black levels are not as present when compared to the previous clip.
I am not attacking Stern. These are just nerdy, technical observations on my part being that this is the first Stern game that I've ever owned (absolutely zero regrets).

They upped the video compression substantially. That's why the video is ugly. It's even that way in the attract mode "how to play" demos that look SUBSTANTIALLY worse than other Sterns. Dunno why they're trying to save space (if that's the goal) when an SD card with 2x the storage that solves the problem is like $1 more. But...Stern.

#7109 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno why they're trying to save space (if that's the goal) when an SD card with 2x the storage that solves the problem is like $1 more. But...Stern.

Exactly!
They may stop implementing multiball at the rate they're going.

#7110 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

MonsterZilla

I wish that my wife looked that happy about pinball!

#7111 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I wish that my wife looked that happy about pinball!

Trade her in! That is what I did. Only cost me 2 legs, 2 arms, but man am I happy now just floating on a cloud 9 now lol

#7112 2 years ago

Seconded. Sound advice.

Quoted from NovaCade:

Congrats on your NIB premium. It’s a great game and the code is only getting better. Be careful, NIB is an addiction, expect 2 more before the years over haha

#7113 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Of course it is, I am just joking because I am still waiting on my set to arrive from him.

You ll be happy

#7114 2 years ago

Thank you, I am excited. I can't wait to work with him again once he is ready.

#7115 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They upped the video compression substantially. That's why the video is ugly. It's even that way in the attract mode "how to play" demos that look SUBSTANTIALLY worse than other Sterns. Dunno why they're trying to save space (if that's the goal) when an SD card with 2x the storage that solves the problem is like $1 more. But...Stern.

I notice the poor video quality as well
Its details like this that I find disappointing that Stern continues to "penny pinch"
Get the bigger SD card
Get some quality balls
Get some decent coil stops
Get some quality menu buttons
Install a interlock switch
Get a different Chinese manufacturer that can make toys without using shit methods and materials for junk plastic that melts.

What's all this gonna add 5 - 10 bucks to the BoM ?

How much did you say a new Stern is now ?

I do appreciate that Stern appears to be getting better, With QC and playfield quality. Mech quality seems to be improving as well.

#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Its details like this that I find disappointing that Stern continues to "penny pinch"
Get the bigger SD card

I'm assuming space is the issue. I was talking about this with someone else and we were speculating that the change might be because of insider connected. They need to reserve probably 4 gigs on the card now to download the update to a partition, then install from that partition to the live partition. That's a new requirement on the card space.

But they could fix this by literally paying $1 more to double the card space to 16gb. And in the field, insider can check the card before wifi download and if it's the 8gb card, just say "not enough space, get larger SD card" and people can do that. It would only be an issue in the transition. Once they're shipping with 16GB cards (or, 32gb to really push out the need to do this again anytime soon) problem is solved and video quality can return to passable levels (it was never great, but it's awful now).

#7117 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

That is awesome. Never knew of the guy but it seems everyone loved him. RIP.

He was and will be known as the best pinball coder of all time, put in work on A BUNCH OF FANTASTIC GAMES! Many I'm sure you've played or heard of. Tron, Attack from Mars, Medievil madness, Tommy, DE WWF, DE GNR , ACDC, Metallica, Batman dark knight & Batman 66, Elvira HOH, CCR, and more

Also one of the great competitive pinball players as well as just an AWESOME Human who should have been celebrated more while he was here with us on earth.

#7118 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm assuming space is the issue. I was talking about this with someone else and we were speculating that the change might be because of insider connected. They need to reserve probably 4 gigs on the card now to download the update to a partition, then install from that partition to the live partition. That's a new requirement on the card space.
But they could fix this by literally paying $1 more to double the card space to 16gb. And in the field, insider can check the card before wifi download and if it's the 8gb card, just say "not enough space, get larger SD card" and people can do that. It would only be an issue in the transition. Once they're shipping with 16GB cards (or, 32gb to really push out the need to do this again anytime soon) problem is solved and video quality can return to passable levels (it was never great, but it's awful now).

Interesting theory. I thought the new MicroSD card, that is in addition for IC, is for the download caching (just speculating)

#7119 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

Interesting theory. I thought the new MicroSD card, that is in addition for IC, is for the download caching (just speculating)

No idea. But they need to fix the video in Godzilla, whatever the reason. Prior spike video was passable, but Godzilla's is unacceptably bad. Looks like old SEGA Saturn cinepak circa 1994, which was terrible.

#7120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No idea. But they need to fix the video in Godzilla, whatever the reason. Prior spike video was passable, but Godzilla's is unacceptably bad. Looks like old SEGA Saturn cinepak circa 1994, which was terrible.

Just wondering, was this the intent? Based on the Era? I wish it was better too, but it doesn't bother me , ball is moving so fast I can't look up often anyways

#7121 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just wondering, was this the intent? Based on the Era? I wish it was better too, but it doesn't bother me , ball is moving so fast I can't look up often anyways

They didn't have compression artifacts in 1960's analog TV. The imperfections of that analog era looked totally different. And besides, even the modern attract mode video on GZ with the "how to play" looks terrible comparing it to all the Spike2 machines before, so no, I don't buy that it was an attempt to look vintage. There are film grain and dust/scratch plugins when you pre-render the video that can give that authentic effect to video. If that's what they were going for, they could have done that and it would have been a much better choice.

#7122 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Just put down my deposit for a 3rd run premium!!! Stoked doesn’t even come close, my first NIB

Awesome.

#7123 2 years ago

Hedorah is easily my most favorite addition to the game...new code is amazing and seriously cleans everything up, but that Hedorah...i don't know why man...every time it plays, love it. love hitting the shot. its like "mothra" call out...but in the game with a video clip...A.Mazing.

#7124 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They already put in another M-SD card for this likely that reason of needing an isolated filesystem for their online related tasks.

#7125 2 years ago

Just noticed this gap in the back panel showing the cable management. Seems a little strange? Im guessing this is on all games?

20220129_212148 (resized).jpg20220129_212148 (resized).jpg
#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Get the bigger SD card
Get some quality balls
Get some decent coil stops
Get some quality menu buttons
Install a interlock switch
Get a different Chinese manufacturer that can make toys without using shit methods and materials for junk plastic that melts.
What's all this gonna add 5 - 10 bucks to the BoM ?
How much did you say a new Stern is now ?
I do appreciate that Stern appears to be getting better, With QC and playfield quality. Mech quality seems to be improving as well.

This is exactly why I never owned a Stern prior to Godzilla. Stern can certainly pump out great shooting games with deep rules & easy setup, but they still need to step it up when it comes to art, playfield, lighting, toys, and playfield accessories. Stern games have always felt and looked cheap to me. I thought they were heading in the right direction with TSPP, but then stepped back. I thought the same when KISS came out, but look at the execution with recent pins. They're charging more, but still being skimpy with hardware.

Thank goodness for talented modders like Diddy, Mezel, and others who have created tasteful solutions that (in my opinion) really put the finishing touches on this game. These are small
(expected) enhancements that wouldn't have impacted BOM.
Look at Mezel Mods' signs for this game. Stern could have easily baked similar effort into the existing art and assets. I feel that Stern playfields still have that 1996 Sega look & feel. And here we are 25 years later. They were still using red DMDs up until 2015.

Say what you will about JJP, but GNR is a great example of execution and attention to detail done right (with exception to playfield clearcoats). Same with Dutch Pinball's TBL. I just wish Stern would follow suit, especially at these outrageous prices.

Quoted from PinMonk:

They didn't have compression artifacts in 1960's analog TV. The imperfections of that analog era looked totally different. And besides, even the modern attract mode video on GZ with the "how to play" looks terrible comparing it to all the Spike2 machines before, so no, I don't buy that it was an attempt to look vintage. There are film grain and dust/scratch plugins when you pre-render the video that can give that authentic effect to video. If that's what they were going for, they could have done that and it would have been a much better choice.

Spot on once again.

#7127 2 years ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Just put down my deposit for a 3rd run premium!!! Stoked doesn’t even come close, my first NIB

Congratulations! I'm just curious if they gave you an estimated delivery date. I'm waiting in line as well.

#7128 2 years ago

EDIT: Stream cut short and Tibetan Breeze giveaway moved to INDISC later in the week because NFL streaming load killed twitch stream over and over.

------------------------
Pinball's enfant terrible and "Pinball Industry Awards" BEST STREAMER winner, Karl DeAngelo, is capping his month of pinball streams on the iepinball twitch channel with the biggest giveaway of the month at 4pm PST Sunday 1/30.

While blowing up Godzilla 0.90 on his iepinball twitch streaming channel (again), he'll be awarding DOUBLE PRIZES. He will have the quiet fan power supply kit and T-shirt giveaway as usual, but will also have a month-end super prize that everyone on the channel during the stream will be have a shot at winning (even ones that won a fan or T during the month) with a correct contest entry quiz form. The winner will get their choice of any Tibetan Breeze Coil cooling kit (including the Godzilla SLE1 kit, up to $200 value) and a Pinmonk T-shirt.

You need to get in within the first 30 minutes of the stream to sign up for the fan and t-shirt contest, and also be on later when the contest for the Tibetan Breeze cooling kit goes active.

Once in twitch chat tomorrow at 4PM PST/7PM EST, type !contest in the twitch chat to get the link to the details and entry form, then enjoy juggling the NFL playoff and some premium pinball streaming.
godzilla-stream (resized).jpggodzilla-stream (resized).jpg

#7129 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Congratulations! I'm just curious if they gave you an estimated delivery date. I'm waiting in line as well.

I did the same. I have been told late 22 or early 23. No firm date. There is an August run but they are have been already sold by my distributor. They are also unclear how many they will be getting, so it is sometimes tough to know.

#7130 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Sure did! I ordered from Nitro and they are saying late fall 2022.

#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I did the same. I have been told late 22 or early 23. No firm date. There is an August run but they are have been already sold by my distributor. They are also unclear how many they will be getting, so it is sometimes tough to know.

Quoted from Pugster:

Sure did! I ordered from Nitro and they are saying late fall 2022.

Thanks for the feedback, I was told to expect delivery in August. Ordered mine in mid December.

#7132 2 years ago
Quoted from NJNeil:

Shout out to Pinball Refinery on a most excellent job done on my newly-arrived Godzilla Premium Refinery#1. My second custom process with the Refinery and it was an absolute blast. He combines true craftmanship with first-rate customer service. If anyone is thinking of giving their Godzilla the Refinery treatment, I think it is 100% worth the investment.

Love it! That's the color I was considering for mine and I think you just sealed it for me.

#7133 2 years ago

still looking for a pro or premium near MD. Several A titles to trade.

#7134 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

MonsterZilla

I realize this is an LE, but is that vinyl or aftermarket legs to dress it up like that? Some said it's a marco armor kit?

#7135 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

I realize this is an LE, but is that vinyl or aftermarket legs to dress it up like that? Some said it's a marco armor kit?

I think that's an airbrush paint job on the armor.

#7136 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Custom paint job, I have the same armor set arriving for my Premium machine.

#7137 2 years ago

How do you activate Hedora. What is the mechanic on it. I have triggered it many times but I don't know what I did to do it or what I should do after he is triggered.

Thanks!

#7138 2 years ago
Quoted from IODMako:

How do you activate Hedora. What is the mechanic on it. I have triggered it many times but I don't know what I did to do it or what I should do after he is triggered.
Thanks!

3 secret combos

#7139 2 years ago

EDIT: People all doing NFL playoff streaming caused an internet load that was killing the twitch stream over and over, so the stream was cut short at 1 hour. Tibetan Breeze kit giveaway was moved to INDISC stream later this week.

----------------------------------------

Tonight Karl is playing a BRAND NEW, UNRELEASED build that is tweaked 0.90a for INDISC with changes to the Annihilation bonus because he broke 0.90 scoring with his 12 billion stream...

Quiet fan kit and T-shirt prize giveaway have no contest question this time, and he's leaving the entry period open the whole time up until the drawing. The Tibetan Breeze kit giveaway is after the quiet fan kit and t-shirt is given away. Type !contest in iepinball twitch chat for the entry form. You must be in the chat and respond when prizes are awarded to win.

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
final stream (resized).jpgfinal stream (resized).jpg

#7140 2 years ago

I think it's only 2 secret combos and then hit the Maser Cannon.

#7141 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it's only 2 secret combos and then hit the Maser Cannon.

you're correct..from the patch notes: "- Hedorah / Smog Monster Frenzy - added this new mode available at the Mystery award when you collect 2 Secret Combos
"

#7142 2 years ago

Just watching King of the Monsters. Never gave the reboots a chance, but it’s pretty good.

26FE708E-C8B1-43E9-B7A6-CED0B56B0875 (resized).jpeg26FE708E-C8B1-43E9-B7A6-CED0B56B0875 (resized).jpeg285EF195-BCB4-4457-ADAC-8BE14529C168 (resized).jpeg285EF195-BCB4-4457-ADAC-8BE14529C168 (resized).jpeg
#7143 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Just watching King of the Monsters. Never gave the reboots a chance, but it’s pretty good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

the reboots are pretty decent, especially KOTM. won't say they're perfect, but all the gz movies have their problems.

#7144 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

T-minus 1 hour to the prize-bearing Godzilla Premium 0.90a stream. Tonight Karl is playing a BRAND NEW, UNRELEASED build that is tweaked 0.90a for INDISC with changes to the Annihilation bonus because he broke 0.90 scoring with his 12 billion stream...
Quiet fan kit and T-shirt prize giveaway have no contest question this time, and he's leaving the entry period open the whole time up until the drawing. The Tibetan Breeze kit giveaway is after the quiet fan kit and t-shirt is given away. Type !contest in iepinball twitch chat for the entry form. You must be in the chat and respond when prizes are awarded to win.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball
[quoted image]

Why does it have to be at the same time as the 49ers game?!

Guess I’ll watch the vod later on his channel.

#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Why does it have to be at the same time as the 49ers game?!
Guess I’ll watch the vod later on his channel.

The niners are on? All I see is the Rams

I have to root for LA, kupp grew up 30 miles from us

#7146 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The niners are on? All I see is the Rams
I have to root for LA, kupp grew up 30 miles from us

Oops. Rams lead

#7147 2 years ago

Anyone give me any tips about the building adjustment? For some reason out of the blue my building is default spot is not letting balls through.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7148 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Anyone give me any tips about the building adjustment? For some reason out of the blue my building is default spot is not letting balls through.
[quoted image]

Click TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread. Then click KEYPOST summary to sort by subjects, then look for the "TECH:PLAYFIELD" entry for adjusting the building stepper motor.

#7149 2 years ago

Pro buildings coming along nicely

20220130_195912_03 (resized).jpg20220130_195912_03 (resized).jpg
#7150 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Click TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread. Then click KEYPOST summary to sort by subjects, then look for the "TECH:PLAYFIELD" entry for adjusting the building stepper motor.

Perfect! Fixed! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,319 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.