gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 547.
#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Thanks for sponsoring this. I had a fun time watching the first night (and I won!).

An easy choice. Karl's been great helping me test the various fan kits over time, and he's one of the best streamers out there. Very educational pretty much every time!

#7002 2 years ago

Love this new code! Now with 50% more goats!

#7003 2 years ago

What will this game look like at 1.0? Amazing at .85!! The future looks great for gz owners .

#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What will this game look like at 1.0? Amazing at .85!! The future looks great for gz owners .

guessing it'll be like JP, with multiple wizards, maybe some of the direct-enabled modes, etc.

#7005 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So my left light post keep moving around during play. I tried tightening it, and it busted.
Unfortunately, the manual doesn’t seem to have any part numbers for these pieces.
Since the bumper post screw broke off into the hex post, I’m assuming I’ll need these 2 parts, but I’m having difficulty finding the exact parts. Any help would be appreciated!
[quoted image][quoted image]

LOL - I just had the exact same thing happen to me.

20220123_201716 (resized).jpg20220123_201716 (resized).jpg
#7006 2 years ago

More fiddling with improving the sound quality of my GZ the DIY way...

Designed some new adapters to allow tons more speaker options to be installed. I'm also working on testing different brands and types to see which sounds best given the situation. But so far huge improvement over stock.

For those who want to follow the DIY adventure(its not just for GZ pins) check out the sperate thread I moved the details over to.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route/page/2#post-6743897

20220125_204100 (resized).jpg20220125_204100 (resized).jpg20220125_205026 (resized).jpg20220125_205026 (resized).jpg

#7007 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Shows up for me as LYMAN, with the 10-character option enabled.

That's interesting. I have the 10-character option enabled, but it still says LFS.

#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

That's interesting. I have the 10-character option enabled, but it still says LFS.

Same for me

#7009 2 years ago

Damn this new code is pretty stellar. If this table was enjoyable on the last code, now it’s amazing.

#7010 2 years ago

I can't get over how good the new code is. Building up these bonuses is so fun!

#7011 2 years ago

I tried searching but I couldn't find the post I was looking for. My bridge plastic has held up so far but I know it's only a matter of time. What was the consensus on the quick adhesive dot fix? Someone had posted a link to Amazon I believe

#7012 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I tried searching but I couldn't find the post I was looking for. My bridge plastic has held up so far but I know it's only a matter of time. What was the consensus on the quick adhesive dot fix? Someone had posted a link to Amazon I believe

Click on TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread. There's a thread listed there that deals with fixing the bridge so it doesn't smash the plastic.

#7013 2 years ago

Good luck trying to get this secret combo Karl just nailed on the stream:
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundTiredCodImGlitch-dXR-3enoEgjz4ys-

#7014 2 years ago

Not a dealbreaker by any means, BUT...
It would be the chef's kiss if Stern could still make the callouts localized to each city. As some have previously mentioned, hearing the NYC accent in Paris, London, or even Tokyo is/was lazy on Stern's part. There are still some English callouts in the Japanese mode. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were actually done by a Japanese English-speaking voice actor. I'm pretty sure there are some international Pinsiders who would offer to help with callouts for free.

I'm hoping Stern will strongly consider this for a future update, especially considering that they hosed us with awful AM-radio sound quality. This would really polish what I consider to be one of pinball's G.O.A.T. games. Stern is clearly doing well financially, so any goodwill to customers would be greatly appreciated, especially with the price hikes.

Either way, the code is definitely coming along nicely.

#7015 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I put the dot under the bridge where it hits the plastic. No issues in over 500 games. Unless you know to look for it, it's pretty much invisible

#7016 2 years ago

So close to 2 bil…

8AC78884-2FFA-4D50-8848-9E62F6C76ABE (resized).jpeg8AC78884-2FFA-4D50-8848-9E62F6C76ABE (resized).jpeg
#7017 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So close to 2 bil…
[quoted image]

Wow! Awesome score. I installed the code today and played 2 games. Couldn’t hit anything right, kept missing the ramps. Didn’t have the perfect combination of Mountain Dew and mozzarella today I guess

#7018 2 years ago

So what are the rules for the new Hedorah mode, anyone know for sure? I know switch hits are involved, but I couldn't tell how during the couple quick games I played tonight. I think I got 47 mil out of it on one ball and hit a fair number of shots for it. It seemed like I had one or maybe even two shots occasionally (not sure) lit for Hedorah jackpots at all times. Switches just build values up for the lit shot(s) between some kind of tiers I guess??

Also, its not mentioned in the release notes, but it seems the timer to score a saucer hit has been reduced pretty noticeably from the last version - definitely cut down on my success rate destroying saucers before they timed out. You'll really need to prioritize shooting the saucer more quickly now or lose out.

Its a minor change, but I really like the tweak to the insert color for bridge jackpots - a little brighter orange/slightly more red now, that really pops, LOL. Hopefully I wasn't imagining that change...

#7019 2 years ago

Can someone remind me how to pull in new code. I am running version 0.80 and just connected to the internet today. The Wi-Fi test works fine, but when I go to find new code, it says I am up to date with 0.80.

#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Can someone remind me how to pull in new code. I am running version 0.80 and just connected to the internet today. The Wi-Fi test works fine, but when I go to find new code, it says I am up to date with 0.80.

Have you completed full game registration with your Insider account? Its the only way to get the wifi downloads. The registration takes several steps and need to make sure you complete it all the way through for it to work.

#7021 2 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

You have to register/complete the insider connected setup for the machine, or it can't actually connect and get updates. Connecting to your wifi is only the first part of the process.

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Go into the menu system and choose "Net" then scroll down to "Software Update". Click on that and it will search for new code. Then click install now.

#7023 2 years ago

Cool, thanks guys. I have not completed the connect. I’ll do that tomorrow.

#7024 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

LOL - I just had the exact same thing happen to me.
[quoted image]

Ha! Lucky us. What parts are you ordering for it? I can’t seem to find any documentation on the hex post or the bumper post

#7025 2 years ago

So much awesomeness in this update. Great new callouts, sound effects, and clips too. That goat clip before battle select made me LOL.

#7026 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Seems the code update is imminent?
[quoted image]

Karl is blowing up the new 0.90 code tonight. Planet X. 12.6 billion.

Sound stuttered and dropped out for a bit at the end of Planet X, but no lockup this time.
2022-01-27 stream.jpg2022-01-27 stream.jpg

#7027 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Hey guys just wanted to say we hear you and are trying our best to make this as unbreakable as possible but with the randomness of pinball it's really hard. The original set of Towers Tom put in our league machine back in November have had zero issues with 2k plays on it.
Over the last couple days Tom has been working beefing up the Tower lower bodies and coils while maintaining the same look. The pictures below show a 50% increase in mass on the legs and cross sections, all of the increase is pushed into the center of the towers to maintain the same look. We are really hoping this increase the rigidity of the model even more, not that it's horrible by no means.
Tom prides himself on his designs and mods and wants to give the best looking piece for your machine possible.
Thank you
Jen Deister
[quoted image]

Curious, will you entertain the Idea of exchanges for these new towers if I sent the old ones back? I’m still waiting on my game so they haven’t been installed, but if they’re as fragile as some say I’d definitely appreciate getting the beefed up version instead!

#7028 2 years ago

Best part of the .90 code? I have no idea how it happened but I’m all for more goats!

https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettyDiligentPresidentDxAbomb-pUZqa0Qd8zJUKA1T

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Best part of the .90 code? I have no idea how it happened but I’m all for more goats!
https://clips.twitch.tv/PrettyDiligentPresidentDxAbomb-pUZqa0Qd8zJUKA1T

Haha, awesome. I thought Brady would be driving...

#7030 2 years ago

The new and improved light show during the set up for destruction jackpot is lit!

#7031 2 years ago

Loving the new code, but my bridge will sometimes hold balls after breaking apart and won’t release them till my machine goes through a ball search and only then will the bridge release them back into the PF. What needs adjusting? I’m rather new to having GZLE, so this may have already been discussed, thanks.

#7032 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Loving the new code, but my bridge will sometimes hold balls after breaking apart and won’t release them till my machine goes through a ball search and only then will the bridge release them back into the PF. What needs adjusting? I’m rather new to having GZLE, so this may have already been discussed, thanks.

How does your bridge hold balls? do you mean its collapsed but the gap isn't large enough for a ball to pass through?

#7033 2 years ago

New Godzilla code is awesome and the game gets an improved rating from me to reflect it. New colored flashing light shots to hit in game and lots of secret combos. Still figuring out what to do but they made a great game even better.

Also, TDIDDY's Tesla Tower mod is top notch. Took about 30 minutes for me to install but the directions were pretty basic. If you can use a screwdriver and follow a youtube video you can install these. For those of you curious here is the install link that is given with the towers (not mine).

#7034 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

How does your bridge hold balls? do you mean its collapsed but the gap isn't large enough for a ball to pass through?

Mine’s been doing this prior to the code update as well. Very occasionally when it does the little bounce after ball hits the magnet it doesn’t reset to fully flat… the rear side sticks up a touch. So after the ball goes up the ramp it gets stuck up there.

Haven’t had time to mess with it yet but would love to hear any solves!

#7035 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Mine’s been doing this prior to the code update as well. Very occasionally when it does the little bounce after ball hits the magnet it doesn’t reset to fully flat… the rear side sticks up a touch. So after the ball goes up the ramp it gets stuck up there.
Haven’t had time to mess with it yet but would love to hear any solves!

Can you take a pic? I might have a fix depending on where the ball is getting stuck.

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Can you take a pic? I might have a fix depending on where the ball is getting stuck.

Next time it happens for sure, cheers.

#7037 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Next time it happens for sure, cheers.

If it's between the bridge and second story let me know.

#7038 2 years ago

Anybody have any recommendations on how to replace the right ramp opto receiver? The mounting screws are inaccessible due to the riveted plastic assembly (#5 below).

Screenshot_20220128-101344_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-101344_Drive (resized).jpg

The riveted brackets are going to prevent me from pulling the "shield/cover" out through either the front or the back, because it's vertically sandwiched between the ramp and top of the opening...

#7039 2 years ago

Hmmm... Maybe I need to disconnect the right ramp and slide it forward out from underneath the cover?

#7040 2 years ago

Yep, that did it. Unpleasant, but doable... Cheers!

20220128_105525 (resized).jpg20220128_105525 (resized).jpg

#7041 2 years ago
#7042 2 years ago

Great to hear the new code is awesome. Got it installed last night, but an waiting to play until tonight when I can enjoy it with the wife and kids (they love GZ). With this new code and the score balancing, I would like to reset my high score tables, anyone know the easy way to do this? I've previously set the automatic reset to a really low number and ripped off a bunch of games to reset, but there must be an easier way?

#7043 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

With this new code and the score balancing, I would like to reset my high score tables, anyone know the easy way to do this? I've previously set the automatic reset to a really low number and ripped off a bunch of games to reset, but there must be an easier way?

Utilities > Reset Menu > HSTD

#7044 2 years ago

I’ve never upgraded my base speakers in a premium before. Audio people what are your recommendations on what speakers to use?

#7045 2 years ago

This question got buried many pages back, but I'm looking for the "mintnilla" sticker that some people randomly received in their goodie bags.

If you you have one & are open to selling it, send me a PM

Thanks!

#7046 2 years ago

Can anyone take some pictures of the lower wireform for me? Id like to see how its supposed to sit and please take pics of each point where you fasten the nut? I think when i installed my tesla towers i re installed a bit off. And i have lots of airballs from standups that hit the wireforms when coming back down towards the flipper. Its annoying me

#7047 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I’ve never upgraded my base speakers in a premium before. Audio people what are your recommendations on what speakers to use?

External active sub.

#7048 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Can anyone take some pictures of the lower wireform for me? Id like to see how its supposed to sit and please take pics of each point where you fasten the nut? I think when i installed my tesla towers i re installed a bit off. And i have lots of airballs from standups that hit the wireforms when coming back down towards the flipper. Its annoying me

Check the back brackets on your stand ups, our game has alot of plays. The left stand up takes a beating at our house. It's been hammered out of position big time. Their supposed to be nice and vertical to reduce the ball being flung in an upwards motion

20220128_130529 (resized).jpg20220128_130529 (resized).jpg
#7049 2 years ago

Hey all need some help. I found a screw on my playfield the other day and figured out it came from the mechagodzilla spinner. I can only find the one screw that holds it in, how do I find out what size it is to order another? Thanks

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Hey all need some help. I found a screw on my playfield the other day and figured out it came from the mechagodzilla spinner. I can only find the one screw that holds it in, how do I find out what size it is to order another? Thanks

Manual says 4-40 1/4" PFH MS - BLACK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/141?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.