PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 548.
#651 2 years ago

This is definitely a test of my patience. I don’t get mine until February. I found a pro about 75 miles away I can go play (l live near Yosemite). I think I’ll make myself suffer and wait though. Had some great games on the pro when I did play it at CAX. This game flows!!

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We are happy to announce our "Tesla Strike" Mod....this Mod is currently under development and in testing. The plan is to light the tops of all 3 towers and have them flash off the Tesla spinner. This is not the final version but we are getting close so stay turned.
This mod will fit all three versions of the game
Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is impressive! I can't wait to see more!

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The loop from the flipper felt a bit clunky, a little more clunky and slower than the one in JJP pirates. Was really surprised it didn’t whip around faster.

This was my first reaction watching the reveal. Surprised me and was disappointed because looked much slower than maiden or jp. However, only comments I've seen since are very positive about it, so I figured (and hoped) it actually feels better in person than looks on screen.

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

This was my first reaction watching the reveal. Surprised me and was disappointed because looked much slower than maiden or jp. However, only comments I've seen since are very positive about it, so I figured (and hoped) it actually feels better in person than looks on screen.

I honestly liked the feel of it. It’s not a screamer no, but it doesn’t feel clunky, especially after hitting it like 5 times in a row

#655 2 years ago

This is my first post ever on Pinside and I just wanted to share. So, I played a Pro tonight in Traverse City, MI. It was super fast and very fun. My girlfriend actually whooped all our butts and got a replay on her first game. I can only imagine the feeling when there's actually mechs moving. It felt special...like Deadpool or JP special. I have an LE coming and I think this game has massive potential.

#656 2 years ago

It feels good to me, but it's not as fast as others mentioned because it's a incline ramp on the back side. The ball is gaining elevation as it comes around, jumping over the center part in back and coming back to playfield level as it returns to the upper left flipper. That elevation rise and jump costs a little speed.

The incline also will make a poor shot roll back out as it fails to make it up the slight incline to the jump.

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’m the rare person who doesn’t care that much for his designs, but I know I’m in the minority.
I had fun, even as a non-Elwin fan.
[quoted image]

That’s a new one, I thought we were all Elwin fans!

#658 2 years ago

As I wait for my Pro, I wonder how hard it will be to get some lights in that building? when I see gameplay online, that building is super dark.

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

As I wait for my Pro, I wonder how hard it will be to get some lights in that building? when I see gameplay online, that building is super dark.

Dead simple. The facade just screws off and there's plenty of room in there for lighting.

I personally think that some uplighting on the front of the building might be aesthetically pleasing, but the damage indicator insert lighting on the playfield could probably be mirrored into the building to light up the windows as the damage increases. Definitely a lot of possibilities to improve this area on a Pro.

Godzilla_Pro building (resized).jpgGodzilla_Pro building (resized).jpg

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s a new one, I thought we were all Elwin fans!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0b9e109757493be30a5a46f646bfaf4a05d219d2-1634985874-1800"};
//]]>

I literally thought the same thing! I didn’t even know there were people out there who don’t like Elwin designs haha

#661 2 years ago

For the Pro, the new code update speeds up the game a lot. Instead of the magnet constantly holding the ball it flicks it around. It only seems to hold it on "magna grab", and the jackpot loop shot, etc. It is fast. The turnaround loop behind the building comes back quick like (Stern) Star Wars or No Fear.

#662 2 years ago

I would say Zilla is similar in speed to JP or IM with a reduced feeling of stop and go.

#663 2 years ago

Should have my LE today - will post impressions and not sugar coat anything although the game looks incredible so expectations are high.

As of now, I rank the Elwin’s

JP (big time)
Iron Maiden
Avengers

I have a feeling this one will take the two spot but can it beat out JP? I’m a huge JP fan and don’t care about Godzilla but who knows - that could change.

#664 2 years ago

One quick take from me is that--for my tastes--the audio package on this game is really nice and much better than some of the more recent Elwin games.

Cosmetically...The powder coated armor on the LE is AMAZING in person and has this really cool sparkle to it--sort of a retro look to my eyes. Really exceeded my expectations. Foil decals and mirrored backglass are **chefs kiss**. In total, the visual package is really nice, other than a couple of flat plastics, like the pop bumper cover that feels a little lacking, and the underwhelming Godzilla toy in the back. Maybe my favorite in person since ghostbusters?

Not far enough into it gameplay wise to comment there yet, but it shoots and feels very nice so far. Ramps shoot like butter. Magnet has given a few SDTMs, but I think that might just be some fine tuning of pitch/level. Toys/mechs are working well. No mechanical issues, etc., OOB. (Gotta love that after having STh Prem as my last Stern NIB!)

Also, I don't know if I'm just out of shape all of a sudden or what, but this game feels waaaay fucking heavier than my other sterns. I could've sworn I was lugging around a JJP like DILE.

#665 2 years ago

Elwin like Goats? Jurassic and Godzilla have goats.

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-23 a las 14.39.39 (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-10-23 a las 14.39.39 (resized).png

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dead simple. The facade just screws off and there's plenty of room in there for lighting.
I personally think that some uplighting on the front of the building might be aesthetically pleasing, but the damage indicator insert lighting on the playfield could probably be mirrored into the building to light up the windows as the damage increases. Definitely a lot of possibilities to improve this area on a Pro.
[quoted image]

You jumped the gun on us just a bit. Here's our version of lighting up the building. We didn't tie it to the damage indicators as you have to do a lot of repining and wiring and to be honest there isn't a lot of room to feed wires down without doing some drilling. We took a simpler path that I think is pretty effective by lighting the building inside using the building spotlight flasher, which is so far away its pretty much useless. Now the building will light and flash whenever the spotlight flasher is active. We used ice blue for this one, but I think cool or even warm white would work fine too. The two flashers in the back of the game use cool white so the ice blue gives some contrast. I think it will only work on the pro, but not really sure what’s inside the prem/le version.

PXL_20211023_113649884 (resized).jpgPXL_20211023_113649884 (resized).jpg

#668 2 years ago

I love my LE but I cant help notice that the flippers seem a little like the Spooky flippers felt like in their earlier code releases. I first noticed it looking at the deadflip stream and thought that it might be addressed later but they definitely feel like they are underpowered or even collapse if hit by a strong ball especially the upper flipper.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I love my LE but I cant help notice that the flippers seem a little like the Spooky flippers felt like in their earlier code releases. I first noticed it looking at the deadflip stream and thought that it might be addressed later but they definitely feel like they are underpowered or even collapse if hit by a strong ball especially the upper flipper.

I haven't noticed this at all. They feel just like my Mandalorian and other Sterns.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I haven't noticed this at all. They feel just like my Mandalorian and other Sterns.

Definitely not like my Mandalorian or AIQ or any other Stern I own. Look at the deadflip stream and you can see that especially the upper flipper seems sluggish. Probably a default setting or something minor but noticeable.

#671 2 years ago

No one else has noticed this? Maybe it’s your machine. Not sure how you can tell how flippers feel from a stream.

#672 2 years ago

Definitely not like my Mandalorian or AIQ or any other Stern I own. Look at the deadflip stream and you can see that especially the upper flipper seems sluggish. Probably a default setting or something minor but noticeable.

Sorry to hear that.

Mine plays great and haven't noticed any differences at all. *shrug*

#673 2 years ago

My flippers are fine as well

#674 2 years ago

Its slight and not a big deal, probably just a setting.

#675 2 years ago

Its slight and not a big deal, probably just a setting.

I left everything at stock settings and hadn't noticed anything different regarding the flippers. Weird.

#676 2 years ago

Just got it and have to take my son to hockey but wanted to confirm quickly that you can hit that right ramp from top left flipper. Regular power hit it first game. Hard to do consistently and likely has to be setup right but it’s definitely possible

Put five games on it - very impressive

5382084E-EC65-45AA-83D5-CC5E9DB70FF1 (resized).jpeg5382084E-EC65-45AA-83D5-CC5E9DB70FF1 (resized).jpegC278A7CB-AAA9-46B5-9F97-FAFF89F0D398 (resized).jpegC278A7CB-AAA9-46B5-9F97-FAFF89F0D398 (resized).jpeg

#677 2 years ago

Played a pro yesterday and I definitely noticed the flippers seemed sluggish. Especially the upper flipper. Much harder to hit the right ramp with it versus AIQ. Even my daughter noticed this. The owner is a pin head and takes care of his games and adds shakers, lock down bar accents, and led lighting to ball trough ect.

Even the ball launch seems toned down also compared to AIQ, which I actually had to turn the power down on my pro. No magnet issues were noticed. Still a fun game and definitely the pro is way better than I expected.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Tesla Strike update

Rad!

#679 2 years ago

Another design option that I really appreciate is how Elwin has used the shooter lane on this one. Some previous titles had space reserved for the ball to travel up the side, all the way to the back of the game. That takes an inch or two of the playfield out of play after ball launch, it seems? With Godzilla, the only dedicated shooter lane area is actually quite short (it goes past the slings by a couple inches, but then the ball drops down into the Mechagodzilla lane before veering along the ball guide, working its way to the center of the play field/left side upper flipper/bridge area). The benefit to this is that the whole Mechagodzilla toy was placed a little further away from the center of the game, opening up the play field even more.

#680 2 years ago

As of today, Automated reports LE’s should be at their location this Weds/Thurs. Picking mine up in person from them in Milford, CT the day they land.

#681 2 years ago

Anyone run into issue with ball rattling near mecha-Godzilla coming out of the shooter lane once in a while stopping the momentum for the skill shot? I am not saying anything mutch out of place on my Pro or a way to adjust that path of travel?

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Anyone run into issue with ball rattling near mecha-Godzilla coming out of the shooter lane once in a while stopping the momentum for the skill shot? I am not saying anything mutch out of place on my Pro or a way to adjust that path of travel?

Yes, definitely. The "staple"/return ball guide for the mechagodzilla shot can cause the ball to rattle if you plunge a little soft.
Try changing the incline on your game just a hair. I was at 6.4-6.5 and changed it to 6.6
I turned the game off, manually popped a ball into the shooter lane, then adjusted the pitch and tried a number of times until it was acceptable.
It's still not perfect but is much improved.
The other thing I tweaked (though not entirely related) was the shooter lane ramp. The pointy edge on the right (nearest the screw that secures it) was just a tad lower than the metal piece that it should sit on, so that seemed to cause a little chaos every now and again as well. I loosened the screw and tweaked that pointy edge just a little so that there's no lip anymore. (Just applied a little pressure and lifted it up so that it's straight/level with the rest of the ramp. I think it may have been bent down when the screw was possibly overtightened?)

The only thing I've considered (but not yet tried), is moving the shooter rod ever so slightly to the left so that the ball is launched to the right side of that path, along the wall. It seems perfectly centered at the moment though so not sure I want to mess with it. Still on the fence and spending more time just enjoying the game.

#683 2 years ago

I got to play the Pro yesterday at Arcade Monsters in Ovideo, Fl. and I thought it was pretty good. At first, the machine was locked up, so I turned it off, and it was fine once it rebooted. I also noticed later in the day that the machine was automatically updating. That must be nice for operators. The Insider connect was fun once I figured it out. I didn't realize that there isn't an app, so I had to login online on my phone to get my QR code.

The game itself flows nicely, and the theme looks great in person. I thought the scoop was a little hard to hit, but I need to put more time in. My biggest takeaway is that the Pro doesn't seem to warrant the higher price. All of the "wow" factor stuff in the Premium/LE's have been removed. The magnet is just not enough, and everything else is your standard stuff. I feel like other Pros have way more to them. My son is a huge Godzilla fan, and he left disappointed. I also noticed that it wasn't getting too many plays. Halloween (Collector's Edition) and Stranger Things (LE) were getting way more attention. It's fun and a solid machine, but a hard sell at the new Pro prices.

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You jumped the gun on us just a bit. Here's our version of lighting up the building. We didn't tie it to the damage indicators as you have to do a lot of repining and wiring and to be honest there isn't a lot of room to feed wires down without doing some drilling. We took a simpler path that I think is pretty effective by lighting the building inside using the building spotlight flasher, which is so far away its pretty much useless. Now the building will light and flash whenever the spotlight flasher is active. We used ice blue for this one, but I think cool or even warm white would work fine too. The two flashers in the back of the game use cool white so the ice blue gives some contrast. I think it will only work on the pro, but not really sure what’s inside the prem/le version.
[quoted image]

I have no interest in doing building lighting mods, I was just posting a pic for the person wondering about the possibilities. I also think an uplighting mod (maybe two segments of tiny hedges to hide a couple LED strips?) for the front of the building would look nice.

#685 2 years ago

The upper flipper is a smallish coil and turned down (too far, IMO) in the settings. You can turn it up a bit and it feels better. There's a lot of overhead available since it doesn't get that hot at all because it's very conservatively powered.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The upper flipper is a smallish coil and turned down (too far, IMO) in the settings. You can turn it up a bit and it feels better. There's a lot of overhead available since it doesn't get that hot at all because it's very conservatively powered.

That makes sense. Thanks for looking into it.

#687 2 years ago

That makes sense. Thanks for looking into it.

You're not crazy. The first thing I noticed was the upper flipper felt off. Once I looked at the coil and settings it was clear why. Fortunately there's plenty of overhead to make it feel a bit stronger by just turning up the power a bit.

The default Pro power settings on v0.80 are Right 230, Left 220, Upper 160.

#688 2 years ago

Received my pro yesterday. My upper flipper coil sleeve was short and had to be replaced. It was painfully obvious because the flipper actually got stuck.

#689 2 years ago

Has anyone heard how many GZ Premiums will be made in this first (2021) run? That gives us some estimate as to when the last 2021 GZ pin will be built. Lots of us waiting for this run!

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Received my pro yesterday. My upper flipper coil sleeve was short and had to be replaced. It was painfully obvious because the flipper actually got stuck.

happened to me too, saw 2 other people with the same issue!

#691 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yes, definitely. The "staple"/return ball guide for the mechagodzilla shot can cause the ball to rattle if you plunge a little soft.
Try changing the incline on your game just a hair. I was at 6.4-6.5 and changed it to 6.6
I turned the game off, manually popped a ball into the shooter lane, then adjusted the pitch and tried a number of times until it was acceptable.
It's still not perfect but is much improved.
The other thing I tweaked (though not entirely related) was the shooter lane ramp. The pointy edge on the right (nearest the screw that secures it) was just a tad lower than the metal piece that it should sit on, so that seemed to cause a little chaos every now and again as well. I loosened the screw and tweaked that pointy edge just a little so that there's no lip anymore. (Just applied a little pressure and lifted it up so that it's straight/level with the rest of the ramp. I think it may have been bent down when the screw was possibly overtightened?)
The only thing I've considered (but not yet tried), is moving the shooter rod ever so slightly to the left so that the ball is launched to the right side of that path, along the wall. It seems perfectly centered at the moment though so not sure I want to mess with it. Still on the fence and spending more time just enjoying the game.

that's good stuff, i'll try and report, thanks!

#692 2 years ago

LE 633 has arrived. Stunning game! From the fast shots, to the cool toys, this is far better than imagined.

Got that fresh pin smell!

AFCF7D47-D8E5-4A05-915D-45DAECCDC5F3 (resized).jpegAFCF7D47-D8E5-4A05-915D-45DAECCDC5F3 (resized).jpegB9E5653E-E4BF-486C-BDD1-50DA0E69CEC4 (resized).jpegB9E5653E-E4BF-486C-BDD1-50DA0E69CEC4 (resized).jpeg2F1C17E1-63DB-4B97-8FB8-B5ECB207FD39 (resized).jpeg2F1C17E1-63DB-4B97-8FB8-B5ECB207FD39 (resized).jpeg
#693 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

LE 633 has arrived. Stunning game! From the fast shots, to the cool toys, this is far better than imagined.
Got that fresh pin smell!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, built on Tuesday, delivered on Saturday
That’s some fast trucking!

#694 2 years ago

So just noticed this--looks like I got a prem speaker panel? Anyone else have a panel like this on their LE? How about your sub?

PXL_20211024_004817157.MP.jpgPXL_20211024_004817157.MP.jpgPXL_20211024_005135768.jpgPXL_20211024_005135768.jpgScreenshot_20211023-195044.pngScreenshot_20211023-195044.png
#695 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So just noticed this--looks like I got a prem speaker panel? Anyone else have a panel like this on their LE? How about your sub?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When it lights up, do you see the red ring through the foam? If so, someone just put the Prem/Pro foam in there and covered up the LE speaker with the thin foam piece that isn't supposed to be there. On the back side, what brand are the speaker panel speakers? The LE ones are different. That would be another way to tell.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So just noticed this--looks like I got a prem speaker panel? Anyone else have a panel like this on their LE? How about your sub?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That definitely looks to be a premium panel

#697 2 years ago
PXL_20211024_005451172.jpgPXL_20211024_005451172.jpg
#698 2 years ago

What kind of subs do you guys have?

#699 2 years ago

Kind of funny as I was thinking I need to upgrade the speaker system. No wonder

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Elwin like Goats? Jurassic and Godzilla have goats.
[quoted image]

Maybe it's because Elwin is the GOAT?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.