gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 547.
#601 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

New firmware just dropped... v0.80

Direct link:
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/godzilla_pro-0_80_0.spk.zip

PRO:
V0.80.0 - October 21st, 2021
============================
- Godzilla Magnet - optimize magnet firing parameters
- Godzilla Magnet - fixed an issue where disabling the Godzilla Magnet by adjustment would not completely disable the magnet
- All Modes - made improvements to mode shot flashing arrow priorities
- Cities - Paris background city has been updated
- Cities - New York background city has been updated
- Building Damage - adding white arrows to indicate when shots will damage the Building
- Building Damage - default difficulty will now allow Building to be damaged on upper floors from Building Bash
- Building Damage - adding shaker motor when building is damaged
- Bridge Attack - adding shaker motor when bridge is damaged
- Powerline Attack - fixed an issue when Powerline Attack is started it would flash the Shoot Again lamps creating the illusion of a ball saver active
- Powerlines - fixed an issue where the Action Button would light up when completing sets of targets
- Destruction Jackpot - adding shaker motor when Destruction Jackpot is awarded
- Heat Ray - added a delay between button press and Heat Ray % animation start
- Tier 2 Battle Modes - added light shows and shaker effects to card intro animation
- Monster Rampage - increasing scoring for each Rampage letter collected and showing awarded score value on display
- Bonus - adding "Total Bonus" to the final screen on the end of ball bonus countup
- Score Frame - allow the score frame to be visible during Godzilla intro if a new player is added
- Light Shows - adding more light shows to the game
- Insider Connected - fixed an issue where sometimes player names would not be correct in the Score Frame

- Adjustment Changes:

- none

- System - Updated to V2.92.0 on OS: v2.3.0

- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.

PREM/LE Specific:
- Bridge Attack - when Bridge is destroyed and multiball is lit the Bridge mech does a destruction animation
- Bridge Attack Multiball - fixed an issue where mode could not be started if the Building Stepper was disabled
- Super Train Loops - now diverts the ball after 5 consecutive Left Ramps

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

New firmware just dropped... v0.80

More magnet tweaking in 0.80 according to the readme.

0.79 cut temps about 20% compared to 0.77, but at the cost of a much less grabby magnet. In the 2 hour test I had many instances where magna grab just didn't grab. The ball has to be moving much more slowly for it to catch it in 0.79 compared to 0.77.

Hopefully the fine-tuning of 0.80 fixes that.

Looks like flipper coil temps will be in the range of TMNT/Led Zeppelin/Mandalorian, so only mild fade after long sessions.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More magnet tweaking in 0.80 according to the readme.

Yes, - that really stuck out, didn't it? Hopefully it will help a bit more. I really appreciated your tests, tho.

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I've played 3 different pros and none can make that shot, I don't believe its possible. I spent one game doing nothing but trying to get that to work, but I think the upper flipper is solely for the loop and the side shot that goes above the pop bumper

You absolutely can make it. Have to bump up the flipper power a bit tho.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Do any of you guys know of any distributors that still have premiums from this first run? Please PM If you do.
Mike

on similar note: does anyone know a distributor with a Pro in stock or are they all spoken for until TBD?

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

You absolutely can make it. Have to bump up the flipper power a bit tho.

Were you able to make it without adjusting flipper power? Makes me wonder if its intended to be hit from the upper flipper at all if you have to mess with the settings.

#607 2 years ago

I'm wanting to order a premium, curious if anyone is getting a deal better than msrp ?

#608 2 years ago

Sounds like my LE will be here next week. Fingers crossed.

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Could you connect noise canceling headphones via Bluetooth with new stern connect?

No

Game doesn't have bluetooth, only wifi

and trying to send audio from the game to the cloud, to your app... would suck for latency.

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Were you able to make it without adjusting flipper power? Makes me wonder if its intended to be hit from the upper flipper at all if you have to mess with the settings.

I've made it with stock power, but it would be MUCH more common with just a couple bumps more power. The upper flipper is kind of a wimpy coil to begin with, and then the power's not high. Bonus is, it doesn't get hot very fast at all.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I'm wanting to order a premium, curious if anyone is getting a deal better than msrp ?

Free shipping is going to be the best deal you'll find. With this kind of demand you aren't going to find any bigger deal than that, and you are looking at late Q1 2022 to get it.

#612 2 years ago

How genius is this???
It's the left ramp entrance. It's another corkscrew type that's hidden off the back of the playfield, where the ball goes up the ramp then comes back towards the player, returning to the playfield.
What I find so cool is that this would be fun to see but instead of having it visible, Elwin uses it just to save space (my assumption, since it saves from having a ramp that winds all around to accomplish the same end result).
Once again, he's using playfield space so well that it allows him to have a really full-featured game that's still very wide open, with lots of shots that don't feel cramped.
Love his designs. Anyone complaining about pinball not being innovative needs to find something new to complain about.

Not to discredit the Pro version at all (as I expect that's a Hell of a game too) but the MechaGodzilla turntable is similar to the Bloodbath target bank from Walking Dead. That spinner feels super rewarding to hit. It spins forever if you hit it well. It can be backhanded from the right flipper, and that target bank is great. Deadly far too often, sending the ball into the left outlane. (FYI: if you need to hit the top target, sometimes you can let the ball roll off the upper left flipper and glance it. You're welcome!)

65652548102__02453E72-64B4-435C-9775-1A3A07686EBF (resized).jpg65652548102__02453E72-64B4-435C-9775-1A3A07686EBF (resized).jpg
#613 2 years ago

If Stern can get the pins on trucks....Texas distro's next week

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

If Stern can get the pins on trucks....Texas distro's next week

If, they can find drivers for those trucks.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

How genius is this???
It's the left ramp entrance. It's another corkscrew type that's hidden off the back of the playfield, where the ball goes up the ramp then comes back towards the player, returning to the playfield.
What I find so cool is that this would be fun to see but instead of having it visible, Elwin uses it just to save space (my assumption, since it saves from having a ramp that winds all around to accomplish the same end result).
Once again, he's using playfield space so well that it allows him to have a really full-featured game that's still very wide open, with lots of shots that don't feel cramped.
Love his designs. Anyone complaining about pinball not being innovative needs to find something new to complain about.
Not to discredit the Pro version at all (as I expect that's a Hell of a game too) but the MechaGodzilla turntable is similar to the Bloodbath target bank from Walking Dead. That spinner feels super rewarding to hit. It spins forever if you hit it well. It can be backhanded from the right flipper, and that target bank is great. Deadly far too often, sending the ball into the left outlane. (FYI: if you need to hit the top target, sometimes you can let the ball roll off the upper left flipper and glance it. You're welcome!)
[quoted image]

Whats nice about this corkscrew, is that its fed from a lane and curve so the ball more consistently hits the exact same path going up it. That way, there is going to be very few "clunky" shots that hit the corkscrew and just die. Which is what the 2 corkscrews on JP can be sometimes (tower/heli), especially tower. This has fixed that. As long as you have enough power going up the left ramp entrance, its going to go up.

#616 2 years ago

Does anyone know if this game has CO OP play?

#617 2 years ago

Taking delivery of my Premium next week!¨YES!

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

Nope.

#619 2 years ago

No, as in it doesn’t have it? Or no, as in you don’t know?

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from acakoning:

Taking delivery of my Premium next week!¨YES!

How could that be,premium games must have been on the line for a while,how else?

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How could that be,premium games must have been on the line for a while,how else?

Called them and i misunderstood sorry. No physical presence of Premium yet in Switzerland..

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

No coop modes at this time. Looks like there may be more to come under the alternate play modes.

#623 2 years ago

Hungry for some Godzilla Pinball gameplay?

Video of a decent game, the different modes and multiballs, and the unique flow of this instant-classic by Stern Pinball

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

No coop modes at this time. Looks like there may be more to come under the alternate play modes.

JP has the ability to let you play the wizard mode as a stand alone. I have not tried this yet but it would be nice to see this in more games.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

JP has the ability to let you play the wizard mode as a stand alone. I have not tried this yet but it would be nice to see this in more games.

It is in more games. I forgot which ones exactly. I know it's in TMNT for sure. TMNT has a couple fun modes when you press and hold both flipper before starting the game. I want to say that Iron Maiden, JP, LZ, and Stranger Things have them as well. Right now Godzilla only has the competition mode when holding both flippers.

#626 2 years ago

and Mando too

#627 2 years ago

And zepp

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No, as in it doesn’t have it? Or no, as in you don’t know?

No it doesn’t have it on .80

#629 2 years ago

LEs being received by many today. Mine is on it’s way - should have it this weekend. Expect a lot of updates from owners. Pumped.

Without actually playing it, this game looks like it’s a mixture of Iron Maiden on JP which is awesome.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LEs being received by many today. Mine is on it’s way - should have it this weekend. Expect a lot of updates from owners. Pumped.
Without actually playing it, this game looks like it’s a mixture of Iron Maiden on JP which is awesome.

Who did you order from? West coast games ordered thru local distributors not expected till towards end of month , which is what I was told when I ordered too.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who did you order from? West coast games ordered thru local distributors not expected till towards end of month , which is what I was told when I ordered too.

Just got an update from mine here in central Texas to hopefully expect it on Tuesday *crosses fingers

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same here.

#633 2 years ago

Any non-operators / locations here who have already received pros?

#634 2 years ago

Automated says they’ll ship my LE to Midwest next week Thu/Fri, which means I’ll receive just shy of two weeks after that - anyone else have Automated ship yet?

#635 2 years ago

Two questions, in anticipating of the forthcoming LE...

1) I'm going through the LE manual. I'm not seeing anything regarding shaker motor function (enable. disable, etc.) in the standard adjustments menu... Is functionality something that one could expect to modify? (This will be my first shaker motor)

2) I'm seeing references to headphone detection. Does the LE come with headphone jack/functionality already installed? (Couldn't find a diagram of the coin door in the manual) Edit: Looking at pre-release photos of the LE front, I'm guessing not, as I don't see a headphone jack anywhere...

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Two questions, in anticipating of the forthcoming LE...
1) I'm going through the LE manual. I'm not seeing anything regarding shaker motor function (enable. disable, etc.) in the standard adjustments menu... Is functionality something that one could expect to modify? (This will be my first shaker motor)
2) I'm seeing references to headphone detection. Does the LE come with headphone jack/functionality already installed? (Couldn't find a diagram of the coin door in the manual) Edit: Looking at pre-release photos of the LE front, I'm guessing not, as I don't see a headphone jack anywhere...

There's a setting on the system menu where you choose the amount of shaking. I believe it's set to maximal from the factory.

Stern has a kit to add a headphone jack to the front coin door. I don't think it's included with the LEs.

Official kit is here:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/stern-headphone-jack-kit-for-spike-1-system-games

Much less expensive 3rd party kit here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a setting on the system menu where you choose the amount of shaking. I believe it's set to maximal from the factory.
Stern has a kit to add a headphone jack to the front coin door. I don't think it's included with the LEs.

Thanks!

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hungry for some Godzilla Pinball gameplay?
Video of a decent game, the different modes and multiballs, and the unique flow of this instant-classic by Stern Pinball

Yeah in this video, it does show that the left exit of the building does give double super jackpot in godzilla MB. (5:10 in the video). Didn't see it do anything else in the vid (though not even sure how many times it was shot)

#639 2 years ago

LE #76 in the house courtesy of Rob at Mad Pinball (@olbobber) who has been amazing! Thanks Rob!
PXL_20211022_222552115.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_222552115.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_222558438.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_222558438.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_222601529.MP.jpgPXL_20211022_222601529.MP.jpg

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

LE #76 in the house courtesy of Rob at Mad Pinball! Thanks Rob!

Put the camera down and start playing!!!!!!!

#641 2 years ago

How does that foil cab or look in person?

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

How does that foil cab or look in person?

I think it's fantastic.

#643 2 years ago

Guys i had a chance to play a pro yesterday, AWSOME game!

for anyone had problems with SDTM after the shot at the right of the magnet. We have setup the pitch at 7 first and it was SDTM fest. We lowered down to 6.5 and it was WAY better.

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Guys i had a chance to play a pro yesterday, AWSOME game!
for anyone had problems with SDTM after the shot at the right of the magnet. We have setup the pitch at 7 first and it was SDTM fest. We lowered down to 6.5 and it was WAY better.

Good to know!

#645 2 years ago

Played the Pro at new location 3 Decade Arcade in Elizabethtown, KY. Great to have a location game in my hometown. If you like Keith Elwin games, then you will love this one. I’m the rare person who doesn’t care that much for his designs, but I know I’m in the minority. My only critique on this game is lessen the use of the magnet grab. It got annoying activating every time you shoot through the building. And also need to lessen the magnet time before collecting destruction bonuses. Again, it really holds up the game. Otherwise, it is typical Elwin flow. Enjoyed the side pop bumper. The left ramp is a tight shot, but satisfying to hit. There is a U-turn shot to the right of it that is lightning fast. The loop from the flipper felt a bit clunky, a little more clunky and slower than the one in JJP pirates. Was really surprised it didn’t whip around faster. The right out lane is a pain as the ball sometimes wants to drop in it when it goes around the pop. Playfield was in ok condition. Unfortunately it is typical Sten with wood grain showing through the art and lots of dimples already(grand opening of the place was tonight). Anyway, I think the premium will be a great experience with the mech. I had fun, even as a non-Elwin fan.

E72EE6CC-C4CD-4B16-BF10-D387F0CF7F37 (resized).jpegE72EE6CC-C4CD-4B16-BF10-D387F0CF7F37 (resized).jpeg

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Put the camera down and start playing!!!!!!!

lol kids won't let me get a game in!

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Played the Pro at new location 3 Decade Arcade in Elizabethtown, KY. Great to have a location game in my hometown. If you like Keith Elwin games, then you will love this one. I’m the rare person who doesn’t care that much for his designs, but I know I’m in the minority. My only critique on this game is lessen the use of the magnet grab. It got annoying activating every time you shoot through the building. And also need to lessen the magnet time before collecting destruction bonuses. Again, it really holds up the game. Otherwise, it is typical Elwin flow. Enjoyed the side pop bumper. The left ramp is a tight shot, but satisfying to hit. There is a U-turn shot to the right of it that is lightning fast. The loop from the flipper felt a bit clunky, a little more clunky and slower than the one in JJP pirates. Was really surprised it didn’t whip around faster. The right out lane is a pain as the ball sometimes wants to drop in it when it goes around the pop. Playfield was in ok condition. Unfortunately it is typical Sten with wood grain showing through the art and lots of dimples already(grand opening of the place was tonight). Anyway, I think the premium will be a great experience with the mech. I had fun, even as a non-Elwin fan. Handed the machine over to a young kid with 4 free games. Just got bored. Played for an hour on $2.
[quoted image]

You’re amazing!

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

lol kids won't let me get a game in!

Fair enough. Post more pictures then!

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My only critique on this game is lessen the use of the magnet grab. It got annoying activating every time you shoot through the building. And also need to lessen the magnet time before collecting destruction bonuses. Again, it really holds up the game.
[quoted image]

This game has a lot of breaks programmed into it and actually it helps keep the flipper temps from getting too far out of control.

I'm fine with the magnet grabs, and actually preferred the more aggressive grabs of 0.77.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

LE #76 in the house courtesy of Rob at Mad Pinball (olbobber) who has been amazing! Thanks Rob!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! The game is amazing! Enjoy and thanks for the shout out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/13?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.