Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 547.
#6901 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Question? I'm installing Cliffy's on the shooter lane, and would like to understand how to remove these threaded studs without doing something silly. Can anyone enlighten me?[quoted image]

I just take the nuts off and bump those screws gently until they release. They have a few splines on them that bite into the playfield.. should go back in the same way easily.

Im not a huge fan of that cliffy design they never fit into the screws properly for me. But.. better than nothing.

#6902 2 years ago

Question? I'm installing Cliffy's on the shooter lane, and would like to understand how to remove these threaded studs without doing something silly. Can anyone enlighten me?[quoted image]

You have to remove the nuts from under the playfield. You can carefully knock them out from below after that.

#6903 2 years ago

Thank you, all. Installed and ready to go!

#6904 2 years ago

The cliffy i was given for GZ doesnt fit that area unfortunately. Ended up just turning down eject

#6905 2 years ago

Remove the nut holding them in underneath and punch them out, they are in pretty snug.

Edit, sorry, just saw two others give the same response.

#6906 2 years ago

Have had no issues with the Tiddys Tesla towers, they are absolutely one of the best mods I have seen, really make that area pop!

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Remove the nut holding them in underneath and punch them out, they are in pretty snug.
Edit, sorry, just saw two others give the same response.

It's all good and thank you for chiming in! After looking at a playfield the other day that had seen better days, I can see why so many people insist on installing them before they drop the first ball.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The cliffy i was given for GZ doesnt fit that area unfortunately. Ended up just turning down eject

Have you reached out to him? He's fantastic about keeping in touch and answering questions.

#6909 2 years ago

Thank you, all. Installed and ready to go!

Would you take a pic and share how it looks in place? I did mine and have an piece that overlaps with a stud and want to see if I did something wrong or my piece isn't sized exactly right.

#6910 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

LE 423 has landed in NZ
[quoted image]

New Zaeland. Wow. What a cool world. Enjoy that dude. Very cool.

#6911 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Would you take a pic and share how it looks in place? I did mine and have an piece that overlaps with a stud and want to see if I did something wrong or my piece isn't sized exactly right.

Let me know if you need additional - glad to assist. I was a bit confused on the outside shooter lane piece (the long one), but makes total sense once you look at it for a bit. I had another lane protector from Pinballlife that I put on the day the machine was set up so it's doubly protected.

IMG_7886 (resized).pngIMG_7886 (resized).pngIMG_7887 (resized).pngIMG_7887 (resized).png
#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I have the Lermods on mine... No issues at this point; I chose them for the same reason you mention... I liked that the view of the mod wasn't really in line-of-sight of the building signs, and the blue LEDs appeared to be larger (though I could be wrong about that; just my impression from photos). But no question the diddy mod is an impressive sight as well.

I have Lermods version as well. Smaller profile helped not obscure as much and no issues quality wise. Never any breaks or anything to worry about. Highly recommended

#6913 2 years ago

How easy are they to install? I have Diddy’s yet to put on and while not hard, looks to be a bit involved.

#6914 2 years ago

Let me know if you need additional - glad to assist. I was a bit confused on the outside shooter lane piece (the long one), but makes total sense once you look at it for a bit. I had another lane protector from Pinballlife that I put on the day the machine was set up so it's doubly protected.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. The part where I'm having issue is actually one that doesn't show in those two pics. For me, I have an overlap with the corner of the protector the bottom right part of the washer circled here:

overlap (resized).pngoverlap (resized).png
#6915 2 years ago

Thanks. The part where I'm having issue is actually one that doesn't show in those two pics. For me, I have an overlap with the corner of the protector the bottom right part of the washer circled here:[quoted image]

Right here?

IMG_7888 (resized).JPGIMG_7888 (resized).JPG
#6916 2 years ago

Right here? [quoted image]

Yup. Thank you. If you could do a zoom out that shows that and as much of what is below as you can fit, that would be great.

#6917 2 years ago

Yup. Thank you. If you could do a zoom out that shows that and as much of what is below as you can fit, that would be great.

Like this?

IMG_7886 (resized).pngIMG_7886 (resized).png
#6918 2 years ago

This one was fun. Wanted to show his chest exposed when taking down his barrier, like the sticker on the other side of the spinner. Debating on changing a few more things. Also the paint is extremely picky on the coats and consistency. Need a little more practice to get it just right.

2022-01-26 20.36.52 (resized).jpg2022-01-26 20.36.52 (resized).jpg2022-01-26 20.37.50 (resized).jpg2022-01-26 20.37.50 (resized).jpg
#6919 2 years ago

I've got hundreds of games on my Pro with Tdiddy's towers with no problems what so ever, and no damage. I think they're a great mod appearance wise, the style matches nearly exactly the tower pictured in the Pro backglass, the other version I've seen doesn't look anywhere near as good and seems out of place imo.

Maybe I've just been lucky - they are kinda fragile seeming, I have no doubt a direct airball hit would be a problem, but I've not had any airballs really come close to them in all these games.

I'd look at tracking down the cause of the airballs to start, on a Pro anyway. If it's a Premium with the airballs coming off the Mecha jump ramp and bash, then idk... Someone recently did indicate there is a bit of adjustment of that jump-ramp shot trajectory via the plastic on the top of the turntable beside that ramp, though I'm not sure which direction that helped to re-aim the the jump shot in. Might have been in the mod thread if not this one.

#6920 2 years ago

Small score for the big dogs, but cracked the billion barrier for the first time tonight, 1.07. Damn, what a fine machine this is, cannot wait for the new code IE Pinball was playing .

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have Lermods version as well. Smaller profile helped not obscure as much and no issues quality wise. Never any breaks or anything to worry about. Highly recommended

Same much easier and lower profile, no breaks thus far.

#6922 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I've got hundreds of games on my Pro with Tdiddy's towers with no problems what so ever, and no damage. I think they're a great mod appearance wise, the style matches nearly exactly the tower pictured in the Pro backglass, the other version I've seen doesn't look anywhere near as good and seems out of place imo.
Maybe I've just been lucky - they are kinda fragile seeming, I have no doubt a direct airball hit would be a problem, but I've not had any airballs really come close to them in all these games.
I'd look at tracking down the cause of the airballs to start, on a Pro anyway. If it's a Premium with the airballs coming off the Mecha jump ramp and bash, then idk... Someone recently did indicate there is a bit of adjustment of that jump-ramp shot trajectory via the plastic on the top of the turntable beside that ramp, though I'm not sure which direction that helped to re-aim the the jump shot in. Might have been in the mod thread if not this one.

I don't think it is an airball issue. My thought is that the playfield was raised and the balls were not removed and a ball smashed the tower. It happens. We are human and forget. If this was not the case for a tower breaking, I can't understand it. I have a shaker motor, kids playing every day and these day one towers are going strong. So maybe it is just by chance their is a failure rate happening here, and that is unfortunate to the end users. Hopefully the new design helps.

#6923 2 years ago

Although the current version of @tdiddy’s towers are a bit fragile, I have to say that they are located in pretty well protected areas. The wireforms shield them from air balls very well. I may upgrade to the stronger versions if mine ever get smashed, but overall I stand by my observation that these towers are one of the best mods of 2021. An exceptional addition to any Godzilla pin.

#6924 2 years ago

In my case, I never said the damage to the towers was caused by airballs. One of the light caps at the top just fell off on it's own. I tried to check how they were attached on another tower, and the cap fell off of that one from the slightest touch. They seemed to just be glued on, so this was more a problem with the glue bonding to the material. In another case, the front tower had gradually rotated until an arm got into the path of the ball on the habitrail. Another small piece of the tower broke off while I was cleaning around it and bumped it... more like just grazed it, really.

The towers are awesome and make the game look killer. I have been hyping them up and I still recommend them. I only stated my experiences after some others chimed in with similar issues. The towers are rather fragile and maybe something can be done to reinforce or improve them for the future.

#6925 2 years ago

Knowing the towers are only 3D printed and a steel ball will win that situation each time, I reduced the coil power on my flippers to make sure chances of airballs are greatly reduced. I reduced them to the point where each ramp is still obtainable with ease but it doesn't have to fly through at 40mph.

#6926 2 years ago

Still looking for a Pro. Have a few pins could trade Finishing up a TZ that could be avail.

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

My thought is that the playfield was raised and the balls were not removed and a ball smashed the tower. It happens. We are human and forget.

Just stop. That's not what happened. Not trying to jam up the owner's thread with this crap. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

#6928 2 years ago

Anyone having connection issues right now with insider connection with their machine?

#6929 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Anyone having connection issues right now with insider connection with their machine?

It was definitely down about an hour ago...

#6930 2 years ago

Here is a raw unpainted version, old vs new. You can see that the tower over all is way beefier and the coils have added product to support them far better then before with minimal take away from the original design. The glue points for the arms also have been changed, before the area was open like the tower, I have closed this area off toake for maximum adhesion.

Eyeamred2u has hit a good point, failure rate / percentage. Though I would love it to be 0 that's really not a feasible goal, Anything under 5% I feel is very respectable and that's where we are with the Towers.

With all the changes I hope that the new failure rate will be less.

Tom D

20220127_094025 (resized).jpg20220127_094025 (resized).jpg20220127_094054 (resized).jpg20220127_094054 (resized).jpg

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It was definitely down about an hour ago...

OK, thanks. It appears to still be down.

#6932 2 years ago

Isn't godzilla SUPPOSED to smash the towers? You guys should be happy they are getting broken

#6933 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Here is a raw unpainted version, old vs new. You can see that the tower over all is way beefier and the coils have added product to support them far better then before with minimal take away from the original design. The glue points for the arms also have been changed, before the area was open like the tower, I have closed this area off toake for maximum adhesion.
Eyeamred2u has hit a good point, failure rate / percentage. Though I would love it to be 0 that's really not a feasible goal, Anything under 5% I feel is very respectable and that's where we are with the Towers.
Tom D
[quoted image][quoted image]

will individual towers be available to order?

#6934 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Just stop. That's not what happened. Not trying to jam up the owner's thread with this crap. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further.

Lol, no

#6935 2 years ago

I won one of Stern's "Gameroom of the Month" giveaways for December, and my prize just arrived...sadly, he's just a little too small to take the spot behind the bridge

20220127_124051 (resized).jpg20220127_124051 (resized).jpg
#6936 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I won one of Stern's "Gameroom of the Month" giveaways for December, and my prize just arrived...sadly, he's just a little too small to take the spot behind the bridge
[quoted image]

That is kinda nightmare fuel

#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

That is kinda nightmare fuel

oh, he's goofy as hell looking but, to be faaaaiiirrr, a lot of the pre-90s gz toys were

#6938 2 years ago

So my left light post keep moving around during play. I tried tightening it, and it busted.

Unfortunately, the manual doesn’t seem to have any part numbers for these pieces.

Since the bumper post screw broke off into the hex post, I’m assuming I’ll need these 2 parts, but I’m having difficulty finding the exact parts. Any help would be appreciated!

3543C17D-7FEA-4ABA-978A-9E2F4ECA861C (resized).jpeg3543C17D-7FEA-4ABA-978A-9E2F4ECA861C (resized).jpeg754FD0D6-A496-4CFD-A8A9-FDA12778448E (resized).jpeg754FD0D6-A496-4CFD-A8A9-FDA12778448E (resized).jpeg
#6939 2 years ago

Like this?[quoted image]

Would you mind explaining to a noob what this mod is for? I want to protect my machine, how necessary is it?

TIA

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Would you mind explaining to a noob what this mod is for? I want to protect my machine, how necessary is it?
TIA

This mod prevents the shooter Lane from getting all chewed up from the force of the ball being ejected into the shooter Lane. Even turning down the force in which that ball is delivered to the shooter Lane is not enough to prevent the wood from getting damaged. Another alternative is a plastic Lane protector which serves the same purpose as the cliffy and the installation is a little simpler.

#6941 2 years ago

Something weird happened today. The last ball for Godzilla multiball stopped at the entrance and didn't feed down with the other two. But the building started its collapse anyway. I wiggled the table and the stuck ball rolled down and exited ABOVE the other two. I played it for 2 or 3 seconds and it awarded it as part of the multiball. Then after the other two balls spilled out, it kicked out another one to make up for the stuck one lol.

Anyone else ever have a ball stop at the top of the building and not funnel all the way down?

#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

TIA

Apinjunkie is dead on. Beyond the shooter lane, there are often weak points where the mylar (or whatever the playfield is made out of), will start pulling away from the wood. A great example is anyplace there is a ball eject, for example the Kaiju battles. In a lot of older machines, there was no "metal rim" around the portal and the playfield would get chewed up. Kind of a must have if you want to keep the playfield looking nice!

#6943 2 years ago

Cointaker's deluxe interactive backbox lighting on an LE. Was nervous to take the plunge, sight unseen, but someone here sent me photos of an example of a previous purchase on a different pin, and I went for it on their testimonial. Very glad I did, with my great thanks to them.

(The colors it brings out are amazing)

(It's also fun turning the speakers on and off mid game to see the difference)

#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Tom D
[quoted image][quoted image]

For those of us who purchased your original towers but haven’t installed them, can we return them for the stronger towers? I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee for the exchange.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

For those of us who purchased your original towers but haven’t installed them, can we return them for the stronger towers? I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee for the exchange.

Me too

#6946 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Man - pinball people are super nice. Send $100+ for 3d printed plastic and now offering to pay a fee to exchange the original product with the more durable one after many experience damage? Doesn’t get better than that

#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Lol and it begins. I was wondering how long it would take for a post like this to appear. I don’t have the mod so I don’t have any feeling about it one way or the other, just as a reader of the thread knew the question had to pop up soon.

#6948 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man - pinball people are super nice. Send $100+ for 3d printed plastic and now offering to pay a fee to exchange the original product with the more durable one after many experience damage? Doesn’t get better than that

I’d gladly pay Tuesday for some new towers today.

#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Lol and it begins. I was wondering how long it would take for a post like this to appear. I don’t have the mod so I don’t have any feeling about it one way or the other, just as a reader of the thread knew the question had to pop up soon.

I seen this coming as well. Personally, I'm not wanting to do any extra work, so I'll wait for mine to break before seeking replacements.

#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I seen this coming as well. Personally, I'm not wanting to do any extra work, so I'll wait for mine to break before seeking replacements.

Amen. Don’t want to install them again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/139?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.