gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 547.
#6801 2 years ago

How do you light Tail Whip? Tilt Forums says to hit a spinner but that is a lie. The only way I know to do it consistently is to hit the upper loop then the tail whip shot. Yet other times Tail Whip is lit solid and I have no idea what qualified it.

#6802 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

How do you light Tail Whip? Tilt Forums says to hit a spinner but that is a lie. The only way I know to do it consistently is to hit the upper loop then the tail whip shot. Yet other times Tail Whip is lit solid and I have no idea what qualified it.

I’ve only seen upper loop shots do it.

#6803 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got the same notice, mine arrives Monday

What did it contain? Mine arrives today, but I still don't know what it is. The only notification I have received was the "UPS my choice" delivery notification that I receive from UPS the second someone creates a label in my name and address. No notification from Stern at all.

#6804 2 years ago

Those 2 playfields look fine to me. Can't always eliminate wood grain. I certainly would take this over pooling and chipping.

#6805 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Those 2 playfields look fine to me.

ps
I agree with your comment that I would take this over chipping and pooling, however at $10K+, should we really have to settle for any of the above? would you settle for a $10K+ watch that only loses 2 seconds a week or a pella door frame and door that only lets in a little bit of a draft? (trying to stay away from car-guments)

#6806 2 years ago

your avatar is fitting for the expression one gets after opening any NIB game that has defects of the Crap kind and is under the allowed / allowable margin of crap they send out for way expensive games without warranty .
I do not win lotteries so i do not play . You have a better chance of dying buying the ticket than winning with one.

Quoted from j_m_:

ps
I agree with your comment that I would take this over chipping and pooling, however at $10K+, should we really have to settle for any of the above? would you settle for a $10K+ watch that only loses 2 seconds a week or a pella door frame and door that only lets in a little bit of a draft? (trying to stay away from car-guments)

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Those can be a pita. Cliffy’s for me.

Really wow, I find it just the opposite. I just lay them in place a few small pieces of clear mylar to it down and done.

#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Really wow, I find it just the opposite. I just lay them in place a few small pieces of clear mylar to it down and done.

Glad they work for you.

#6810 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ps

Yeah I'd be pissed if my game is planked like that. Even if it lasts 20 years, it's not what I expect when I buy a new pin. I'd probably just ignore it until I get the next game, then fix it.

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

ps

Sucks it happens, but it happens. Just use it when making a buying decision. It’s possible you’ll get a game that looks like that and you’ll be stuck with it until you sell.

#6812 2 years ago

Anyone have any clue if there are plans for a GZ topper? Also looking for some blades!

#6813 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Collecting Magna-grab lights Tail Whip

#6814 2 years ago

Mine is like yours, no screw......just like my sex life

Lol. Must be married like me. I have a screw I found but can’t find where it came from. Thanks

#6815 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I really hate to bring this up (and beat a dead horse), but has anyone else noticed what appears to be a really bad prep job on the playfield prior to the ink screening and clear coating on any of stern's current offerings? I can't find a photo of LZ, but all 3 of the last 3 LEs (mandolorian, led zepplin and godzilla) that the arcade where we do most of our playing look to exhibit some really bad planking.
given all of the recent price increases, this seems like stern has really been cutting corners and it's going to lead to playfields wearing a lot sooner than they should.
and with the $11K+ that I just personally dropped on a rush LE, it's got me quite concerned
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My AIQ has this more so than my Deadpool. I didn't think it was planking per-se, but that the clear is thinner as they spray it on in little lines and it doesn't flow together. I'm not 100% sure this is how they spray the clear on, but that's what it looks like to me.

#6816 2 years ago

Looks great! And with the theatre sign, all three Mezel mods signs are on now...

20220125_134709 (resized).jpg20220125_134709 (resized).jpg

20220125_134811 (resized).jpg20220125_134811 (resized).jpg

#6817 2 years ago

Never had an issue either. Finally have one coming for gz

#6818 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Never had an issue either. Finally have one coming for gz

** Update: I actually spoke too soon as I just got a email stating they are still on back order and they shipped my other items instead. **

Speaking of which, I think Cointaker finally has them in for Godzilla as I just got a shipped notification for my order.

#6819 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it still begs the question just how the heck are they letting crap like this out of their factory?? certainly, at $9-10K+, they should be accountable to putting out a quality product.
and for those that have received the bad end of this deal, what has stern been doing to compensate the owners?

People have been saying "they should be accountable at X dollars!" for over 10 years now.... but people keep buying more and more expensive games knowing the issues. Stern playfields have had thin clear for....a long freakin' time. You could literally feel the ink layers on both my Trons and my Metallica, but as others posted....neither of them experienced any abnormal wear in the time I had them.

When are customers going to be expected to be accountable for their purchasing decisions?

Regardless of my stance there, thanks for making the post about it anyways, because it's good for all of us to know the current state of things, even if some choose to ignore it.

#6820 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

The shooter lane on my premium is looking pretty beat up already with just about 200 plays. I just got my Cliffys in but has anyone else had this issue and should I be concerned for the total playfield quality? Looks like the clear coat is chipping away which worries me if it happens in other spots too.[quoted image]

Did you turn your trough eject power down? Stern's are always way too violent.

#6821 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you turn your trough eject power down? Stern's are always way too violent.

I hadn’t, but I did now. Ha lesson learned. Also put Cliffys on today to protect.

#6822 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with the ball hitting the metal ball guides in the middle kf the playfield? Seems ball gets some air off the standups and come back and hit it.

It wasnt happening and then i installed plastic protectors and the diddy tesla towers. I figured with extra stuff there that would raise those ball guides not lower them?

#6823 2 years ago

Just had a breakout game @ 1.3B and finished all modes except the first tier 2 mode. The 3rd tier 2 mode, the Fight or Flee one, is really lucrative, I kept it going a while and cashed out 250M, plus a destruction JP afterward for 100M.

It has dawned on me that the tier 2 battles are very similar in rule structure to Crank It Up modes from Metallica…take a while to qualify them, but offer enormous points if you do well in them.

I’m excited to watch the code develop on this game. It’s a really exciting layout and fun to shoot, even with code this unfinished.

#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Just had a breakout game @ 1.3B and finished all modes except the first tier 2 mode. The 3rd tier 2 mode, the Fight or Flee one, is really lucrative, I kept it going a while and cashed out 250M, plus a destruction JP afterward for 100M.
It has dawned on me that the tier 2 battles are very similar in rule structure to Crank It Up modes from Metallica…take a while to qualify them, but offer enormous points if you do well in them.
I’m excited to watch the code develop on this game. It’s a really exciting layout and fun to shoot, even with code this unfinished.

The first tier 2 battle is potentially worth the most. Try that one next time

#6825 2 years ago

Seems the code update is imminent?

D9AB1F8D-50BF-4106-9FE6-58A26F90E89A (resized).jpegD9AB1F8D-50BF-4106-9FE6-58A26F90E89A (resized).jpeg
#6826 2 years ago

Got a pro here. Can anyone tell me if the magna grab magnet should be flinging the ball anytime it travels through the building then down towards the magnet? I was under the impression it should grab it anytime it comes down that inner orbit or is it only under certain circumstances? I'm finding in some cases a shot through the building comes around the left inner loop and SDTM.

#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Got a pro here. Can anyone tell me if the magna grab magnet should be flinging the ball anytime it travels through the building then down towards the magnet? I was under the impression it should grab it anytime it comes down that inner orbit or is it only under certain circumstances? I'm finding in some cases a shot through the building comes around the left inner loop and SDTM.

I’m not positive, but yeah it should fling it, but sometimes the ball is just moving too fast and the timing of the magnet missed it.

#6828 2 years ago

Good news. Broke a billion again this morning. Bad news. Broke another tdiddy tesla tower. Had to tape it up to finish my game. Not sure if gluing it will be a long term solution.

6F1F06E0-2E96-4B18-B95A-5FE0AFF753FB (resized).jpeg6F1F06E0-2E96-4B18-B95A-5FE0AFF753FB (resized).jpeg
#6829 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Good news. Broke a billion again this morning. Bad news. Broke another tdiddy tesla tower. Had to tape it up to finish my game. Not sure if gluing it will be a long term solution.[quoted image]

The towers ARE fragile. I broke mine just unpacking. They just look so darn nice though. Maybe Diddy would make a replacement with a universal base. I'm considering just buying a new set.

#6830 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Good news. Broke a billion again this morning. Bad news. Broke another tdiddy tesla tower. Had to tape it up to finish my game. Not sure if gluing it will be a long term solution.

I've had to superglue pieces back onto mine 4 times already. I'm just waiting for the day a wild airball obliterates all 3 of them.

#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Good news. Broke a billion again this morning. Bad news. Broke another tdiddy tesla tower. Had to tape it up to finish my game. Not sure if gluing it will be a long term solution.[quoted image]

Quoted from wtatumjr:

The towers ARE fragile. I broke mine just unpacking. They just look so darn nice though. Maybe Diddy would make a replacement with a universal base. I'm considering just buying a new set.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I've had to superglue pieces back onto mine 4 times already. I'm just waiting for the day a wild airball obliterates all 3 of them.

Guys sorry to hear about the issues, we have done some upgrading on the base section and coils over the last week and are currently being tested. I'm hoping this helps the rigidity of the mod while maintaining its look.

Also please make sure if that when moving the games that the balls are moved. We did have a couple damage because the previous owner didn't remove the balls ....

#6832 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Guys sorry to hear about the issues, we have done some upgrading on the base section and coils over the last week and are currently being tested. I'm hoping this helps the rigidity of the mod while maintaining its look

ya, two of the bottom legs on my left tower broke during play. they're definitely fragile in the face of an airball

#6833 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Broke another tdiddy tesla tower.

That is for authenticity

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm considering just buying a new set.

They're 120/set! For that much they shouldn't break in the first place.

#6835 2 years ago

Got my Premium today and just setup. Sadly I think the QR reader is DOA. It flashes briefly during boot then goes off and stays off. Is there any fix for this? Pretty sure I've read others have the same issue here.

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Got my Premium today and just setup. Sadly I think the QR reader is DOA. It flashes briefly during boot then goes off and stays off. Is there any fix for this? Pretty sure I've read others have the same issue here.

I have the same issue. I need to try and reseat the cable. Keep forgetting. The scanner works fine its just the light doesn't stay on. Honestly I might like that better. Wish there was an setting to do that while still having a fully functional scanner.

#6837 2 years ago

$120 USD

For us Canadians under the Trudeau Communist regime, that’s alotta canadian bacon.

Really wouldn’t want those breaking

#6838 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I have the same issue. I need to try and reseat the cable. Keep forgetting. The scanner works fine its just the light doesn't stay on. Honestly I might like that better. Wish there was an setting to do that while still having a fully functional scanner.

You're right, it does scan even though not lit up. I just tried re-seating the rj45 but no difference. While I can here it scanning it isn't logging me in despite everything looking fine in network settings. Any ideas?

#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

You're right, it does scan even though not lit up. I just tried re-seating the rj45 but no difference. While I can here it scanning it isn't logging me in despite everything looking fine in network settings. Any ideas?

Did you register the machine first?

#6840 2 years ago

Hi all,

I just got my LE and noticed that the Magna Grab does not work at all during gameplay. I lifted the playfield to check. The magnet coil jam hex nut is tight, but the black coil is a little loose and can be rotated. Is that normal?

I also tested the magna grab coil from the service menu, and noticed that the magnet will activate for a split second to grab the ball, but then let go almost instantly.

Is the magnet activated when the ball goes through the building and loops around the left side to activate the gate switch right above the manga grab? I tried to activated the switch manually during the game but no luck there either.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks.

I have also contacted Stern tech support and will update my issue here to help anyone having the same problem.

#6841 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I don't think this would be the problem but for my game, I have to wait after boot up and until it gets to the IC attract screen before scanning in works for me.

#6842 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I don't think this would be the problem but for my game, I have to wait after boot up and until it gets to the IC attract screen before scanning in works for me.

Yep, it must connect to their network first after bootup. Some of which depends on your ISP speed and your wifi signal / strength. If possible I always recommend just running a cat 5e cable to the machine directly and be hard wired connected. Muh faster for connections and code updates.

#6843 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Some things are definitely better left un-modded

#6844 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I mean, cost aside, is there much that could preclude this from happening, besides fabricating them out of metal perhaps? (Not sarcastic; legitimately asking.)

Or maybe an transparent impact barrier or the like, to mount in front of the towers?

#6845 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Usually people forget to complete the game registration in the website. After scanning your qr code to add the game, you must find the game in the insider webpage and complete the registration.

The game doesn’t give good feedback that its in this half finished state.

#6846 2 years ago

Anyone know where to purchase the "TOHO SCOPE" magnet that applies over the top of the speaker?

#6847 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Anyone know where to purchase the "TOHO SCOPE" magnet that applies over the top of the speaker?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05554-godzilla-dress-up-magnet-art-and-decal-art

#6849 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I mean, cost aside, is there much that could preclude this from happening, besides fabricating them out of metal perhaps? (Not sarcastic; legitimately asking.)
Or maybe an transparent impact barrier or the like, to mount in front of the towers?

I am unsure. I just don't think it is unreasonable to expect something to last longer than a couple of weeks.

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Some things are definitely better left un-modded

I cannot take this comment seriously if you still have the original Godzilla figure in your game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 210.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/137?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.