PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 548.
#6751 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Lift playfield and out a few inches. Look at left underside corner and unplug then plug back in as in picture. If it comes on brightly a milisec you need a new QR unit though the QR reader will still work.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks so much.

#6752 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If your bubble level on the playfield is dead center left to right, it's level.
Did you change out the factory rubber?

Nope, still has the black factory rubber.

#6753 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Nope, still has the black factory rubber.

Maybe put a square on the playfield edge to edge (as big a straightedge as you can get to see if it's convex? Stern has had issues with convex and concave playfields intermittently. A convex playfield would cause what you're seeing.

#6754 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If your mechzilla goes Alien mode.. don't wait. Get to the screw before the mech comes apart.
[quoted image]
Here's the setup.. the pan head screw holding the magnet can work free.
[quoted image]
It's kind of a PITA because that spring washer doesn't fit through the plastic shell easily, so if it escapes the magnet pole.. it's a PITA to get on the magnet, through the hole, and aligned with the coil at once. I pulled it through, bent it a bit narrower.. and by not aligning it with the coil, I was able to get it halfway through the hole, and force it through with the magnet pole... then get it in the coil.
But note when trying to put the screw back in, you have to lift the coil (it's otherwise not supported) up some to get a nice squared fit for the screw. You can't hold the magnet to keep it from spinning either, but the spring washer is there I think to help get that tension for you. Recommend putting some locktite on the screw when you re-install it.
Probably easier if you took the mech off completely, but I didn't see an easy way to get to the screws holding mechzilla on.

That is a Secret Combo Shot Mode. Belly Button Pop Out!

#6755 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Insider Connected QR scanner light went INOP. It occasionally has a dim flicker, but mostly dark now

Same thing happened to me.

#6756 2 years ago

Anyone that watched the whole stream have the cliff notes on what was added/changed?

#6757 2 years ago

Please forgive me for I am learning. What is the difference between an optical spinner and a spinner. Also, which does Godzilla have?

TIA, have a good day.

#6758 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Thanks so much.

Did that fix it? I'm having same issue.

#6759 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Please forgive me for I am learning. What is the difference between an optical spinner and a spinner. Also, which does Godzilla have?
TIA, have a good day.

A regular spinner presses against a physical switch to score a spin. An optical spinner uses a light beam that it breaks to detect a spin of the spinner. I haven't looked to see which GZ has. The optical spinners will spin a little more on a hit because there will be no friction from pressing a physical switch to detect the spin.

#6760 2 years ago

So I got confirmation that I am getting tdiddy's signature line for the drake building for my pro. Boy is it pretty. So much nicer looking than the standard building there right now.

#6761 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

A regular spinner presses against a physical switch to score a spin. An optical spinner uses a light beam that it breaks to detect a spin of the spinner. I haven't looked to see which GZ has. The optical spinners will spin a little more on a hit because there will be no friction from pressing a physical switch to detect the spin.

GZ has a physical switch on it's spinners

#6762 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Godzilla Pro building info is up and can be found here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signature-line-godzilla-building-release-info-[quoted image][quoted image]

I really hope that this mod comes out for the prem/LE!

#6763 2 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Same thing happened to me.

Contacted my distributor, they sending a new one.

#6764 2 years ago
Quoted from MattyIce:

Did that fix it? I'm having same issue.

Contacted my distributor and just having a new one sent.

#6765 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Contacted my distributor, they sending a new one.

thanks, I contacted mine.

#6766 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

That is a Secret Combo Shot Mode. Belly Button Pop Out!

That's how you know the hernia mode has started. Objective is to get 3 solid hits to push it back in.

#6767 2 years ago

Pretty stoked to score tdiddy’s building mod #1010. Between that, a shaker, Tesla Towers, and a Speakerlight kit, I might have a Promium !

#6768 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Pretty stoked to score tdiddy’s building mod #1010. Between that, a shaker, Tesla Towers, and a Speakerlight kit, I might have a Promium !

Doing the same for me. Just need to put in figures instead of printed shrinky dinks instead

#6769 2 years ago

Got a notice from Stern last week of a package arriving, was assuming it was a bridge protector. Got this, and im not subscribed to inside connected. Maybe I'll make a bridge protector out of it

20220124_141615 (resized).jpg20220124_141615 (resized).jpg20220124_141625 (resized).jpg20220124_141625 (resized).jpg

#6770 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a notice from Stern last week of a package arriving, was assuming it was a bridge protector. Got this, and im not subscribing to inside connected. Maybe I'll make a bridge protector out of it
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are those start buttons?

#6771 2 years ago

No it's just a " collectable " token

#6772 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Thanks. Is an optical more reliable?

#6773 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

I really hope that this mod comes out for the prem/LE!

Due to how the moving building needs to fit through the playfield and there is almost no room for an additional building fascia so I can't see something like that ever being made.

Just had another look and it seems there is probably 1-2mm left and right sides even less at the front.
So you could probably do one it would just be pretty flat to fit the gap.

#6774 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No it's just a " collectable " token

Challenge coin, perhaps... Or is it too small to be a challenge coin, actually?

#6775 2 years ago

20220124_163345 (resized).jpg20220124_163345 (resized).jpg

I think its just a trinket

#6776 2 years ago

I haven't taken delivery of my Premium just yet as I'm in between houses but I have a pair of Pin Stadiums that I got for my AIQ but may put them on my Godzilla. Anyone equipped theirs with Pin Stadiums yet that can share pics / videos / just thoughts on if they're worth it?

#6777 2 years ago

Can someone check to see if there should be a screw on top of this please

D4044C27-A2E7-450C-A003-1DCE9DF3B828 (resized).jpegD4044C27-A2E7-450C-A003-1DCE9DF3B828 (resized).jpeg
#6778 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

[quoted image]

Nothing on mine.

#6779 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Challenge coin, perhaps... Or is it too small to be a challenge coin, actually?

It looks about like Challenge Coin size.

#6780 2 years ago

Coin comes with the pin?

#6781 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Installed my flaming speaker lights today. All I can say is Bad Ass!
[quoted image]

Holy crap, how have I not seen those before! I’m not a mod guy but good lord are those cool. Actually all the mod designers are killing it on this game, nice job guys.

#6782 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

[quoted image]

Mine is like yours, no screw......just like my sex life

#6783 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Mine is like yours, no screw......just like my sex life

You married? And enjoy pinball?

#6784 2 years ago

31 years

Quoted from unclerudy:

And enjoy pinball?

yes and actually she does as well, so lucked out there!

#6785 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I'm 1013 myself. The upgraded building is really going to look great. I already have tdiddy's bridge and towers, Sleal16's UFO, and upgraded GZ and Mecha figures. Great looking combo already, imo.

#6786 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Due to how the moving building needs to fit through the playfield and there is almost no room for an additional building fascia so I can't see something like that ever being made.
Just had another look and it seems there is probably 1-2mm left and right sides even less at the front.
So you could probably do one it would just be pretty flat to fit the gap.

Yeah I'm hoping someone comes up with just a nice sticker that can be applied on top of the stock one, or in place of if that's easily removed. Something a little less comical.

#6787 2 years ago

I'm pretty happy to have just joined the club and to have two amazing Elwin games next to each other.

Is anyone able to check their spinner to see if mine is out of alignment (seems like it should be aligned as per the green lines)?

I thought I would add a picture of my Mylar shooter-lane protector (pre-installation). It's not perfect but it does the job.

20220125_113321 (resized).jpg20220125_113321 (resized).jpg20220125_173417 (resized).jpg20220125_173417 (resized).jpgspinner (resized).jpgspinner (resized).jpg
#6788 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

I'm pretty happy to have just joined the club and to have two amazing Elwin games next to each other.
Is anyone able to check their spinner to see if mine is out of alignment (seems like it should be aligned as per the green lines)?
I thought I would add a picture of my Mylar shooter-lane protector (pre-installation). It's not perfect but it does the job.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, that's a nice lineup!
Compared to mine, your spinner faces a little bit further forward, and your mock green line is a bit overcorrected posteriorly (at least as it relates to mine).
My spinner appears to be just about even with the post that sits in front of the flipper (maybe directed just past midline of that post posteriorly by one degree). The little spinner arm on my game is close to, but sits just above and just misses the machine screw (so there's no unwanted rubbing/binding on that post and/or screw). Mine came like this from the factory and has worked quite well since it's arrival without issues.
Hope this helps. Congrats on the game!
PXL_20220125_072834008 (resized).jpgPXL_20220125_072834008 (resized).jpg

#6789 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Thanks. Is an optical more reliable?

The mechanical switches probably fail a little more than the opto switches but either one should last for many years. The opto switches just use LED lights. One sender and one receiver. But just like the LED lights in your game they will fail occasionally and will need replaced.

#6790 2 years ago

The shooter lane on my premium is looking pretty beat up already with just about 200 plays. I just got my Cliffys in but has anyone else had this issue and should I be concerned for the total playfield quality? Looks like the clear coat is chipping away which worries me if it happens in other spots too.

B477340E-AF84-4412-B4E4-EDADBB9BDA5C (resized).jpegB477340E-AF84-4412-B4E4-EDADBB9BDA5C (resized).jpeg
#6791 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

The shooter lane on my premium is looking pretty beat up already with just about 200 plays. I just got my Cliffys in but has anyone else had this issue and should I be concerned for the total playfield quality? Looks like the clear coat is chipping away which worries me if it happens in other spots too.[quoted image]

Get used to it, nothing you can do.

#6792 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Get used to it, nothing you can do.

I put mylar down in the shooter lanes on all my new(ish) pins. Keeps them looking spiffy!

#6793 2 years ago

The shooter lane on my premium is looking pretty beat up already with just about 200 plays. I just got my Cliffys in but has anyone else had this issue and should I be concerned for the total playfield quality? Looks like the clear coat is chipping away which worries me if it happens in other spots too.[quoted image]

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?variant=18133347500129

#6794 2 years ago

I really hate to bring this up (and beat a dead horse), but has anyone else noticed what appears to be a really bad prep job on the playfield prior to the ink screening and clear coating on any of stern's current offerings? I can't find a photo of LZ, but all 3 of the last 3 LEs (mandolorian, led zepplin and godzilla) that the arcade where we do most of our playing look to exhibit some really bad planking.

given all of the recent price increases, this seems like stern has really been cutting corners and it's going to lead to playfields wearing a lot sooner than they should.

and with the $11K+ that I just personally dropped on a rush LE, it's got me quite concerned

IMG_8926 (resized).jpgIMG_8926 (resized).jpg
IMG_8831 (resized).jpgIMG_8831 (resized).jpg

#6795 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I really hate to bring this up (and beat a dead horse), but has anyone else noticed what appears to be a really bad prep job on the playfield prior to the ink screening and clear coating on any of stern's current offerings? I can't find a photo of LZ, but all 3 of the last 3 LEs (mandolorian, led zepplin and godzilla) that the arcade where we do most of our playing look to exhibit some really bad planking.
given all of the recent price increases, this seems like stern has really been cutting corners and it's going to lead to playfields wearing a lot sooner than they should.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's a lottery... sometimes you get a glassy one.. sometimes you get a planky one. Been like this for a long time with Stern PFs... the standout memory I have is fresh Iron Maidens... and it seems like 30-50% of the time you see this.

Two godzillas here.. and one is certainly worse than the other.

#6796 2 years ago

it still begs the question just how the heck are they letting crap like this out of their factory?? certainly, at $9-10K+, they should be accountable to putting out a quality product.

and for those that have received the bad end of this deal, what has stern been doing to compensate the owners?

#6797 2 years ago

"within tolerances"

I haven't heard of anyone getting restitution for visual planking. I've not seen any fail from it either, just visual.

#6798 2 years ago

First step when getting a new game:

Cover that area with Mylar

Next step:

Reduce trough power to its lowest setting.

#6799 2 years ago

lol

Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a lottery... sometimes you get a glassy one.. sometimes you get a planky one. Been like this for a long time with Stern PFs... the standout memory I have is fresh Iron Maidens... and it seems like 30-50% of the time you see this.
Two godzillas here.. and one is certainly worse than the other.

where is the Wise guy with his you got ripped. ?

#6800 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and for those that have received the bad end of this deal, what has stern been doing to compensate the owners?

In this day and age they don’t. You’re stuck with it.

The good news is that while it’s an eyesore, it doesn’t impact the wear of the PF. I had a IMVE from its initial run with a PF way worse than what you pictured and it held up just as good as PFs without the issue.

It’s a shame that Stern’s QC has plummeted in the past 10 years, but with demand through the roof in spite of these issues, they have no reason to correct it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,390 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.