IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 544.
#6501 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

ya, that drives me nuts..ball's still wiggling, magnet lets go, and off it goes to the bottom of the playfield

Sometimes when I have Magnagrab and it's swinging back and forth, it lets go and STDM ...lol

#6502 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Sometimes when I have Magnagrab and it's swinging back and forth, it lets go and STDM ...lol

same (or at least doesn't drop it cleanly) - I think it's a bit of fun chaos that adds to the experience (provided it doesn't happen too often)

#6503 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Truth!
I can’t get enough, and I still haven’t figured it out 100% haha.
I like figuring rules out myself. I think I’m finally getting it. It’s so fun just to get in there and rip that Playfield though. The layout is so unique and fun. Heck the first plunge you take feels great when you go behind the upper flipper! It’s cool when you reverse that same shot during gameplay and hit that left spinner and it shoots back behind mechagodzilla. The loop shot multiple times and then combo that into a tail whip… So fun!

When I try to go behind the upper flipper for the skill shot, it only registers it maybe 50% of the time...IF it makes it up there on a full plunge.

#6504 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be awesome when the insider connected forum goes live. Will be much easier talking directly with the dev teams about the games and giving feedback.

I wonder how happy the design teams will be to hear our suggestion and complaints?

#6505 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

When I try to go behind the upper flipper for the skill shot, it only registers it maybe 50% of the time...IF it makes it up there on a full plunge.

that gate doesn't cover the entire entry point, so you're probably not hitting it, or hitting it enough to register as the skill shot

#6506 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

If it’s lit for mag grab, it shouldn’t let it go until you flip the flippers or after all the animations are done. Not sure how that would ever go SDTM.

#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wonder how happy the design teams will be to hear our suggestion and complaints?

I’m sure as long as everyone knows how to properly communicate feedback, it will be awesome. And I’m also sure they will be extremely quick on the ban hammer trigger.

#6508 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Preimum or LE? My premium didn't come with any but I seems to remember (but can't find the post) that it might have been included with the LEs for the shaker motor to keep it from sqeeking. Although, I could be totally wrong on that.

My premium did, its for the building mech. Just as PinMonk had said.

#6509 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Over 1600 balls played on the one in my basement, and 99% of those are me playing it. So yeah I have a bit of mileage on it.
I just feel like for how great this machine is overall the nitpicking whining in this forum is a bit over the top. "When I miss a ramp the ball goes SDTM". "When I leave the orbit shot short the ball goes back to the outlane." "We can't double flip to cancel every video clip" even though it's early code.
Like I just posted above, is the game perfect and will it be perfect for everyone's taste? No, but no game will be 100% great for everyone because tastes vary. I guess when I play a machine that has a little something I wish was different I just take it for what it is instead of shaking my fist at the sky crying "Whyyyyyyyyyyy is it like this?!!!!"
There are so many aspects to a pinball machine (layout, rules, music, video, callouts, mechs, art, etc.) that I guess I don't feel like it's worth obsessing over any one little nit. But, again, people's feelings vary and there's no right or wrong to it. Just my thoughts.

I 100% agree with you! If my ball wasn't at risk when I half ass it up the right ramp id be more upset because there's gotta be some risk involved and this game does so much cool shit when I make all of my shots that missing a shot adds to the excitement of how awesome everything was before that danger came along! And makes me want to play another game over AND OVER! The clips are actually pretty awesome and it's adding to the theme integration however, If we have more than one clip queued up at the magna grab they most definitely will prioritize which clip takes precedence in a future update but I'm not shutting my game down because of this lol Keith & Team did an epic job! And Im curious how many pinsiders who complained about the artwork bought a game and what they think now that its in their collection. I loved it and when my game showed up it was WAY BETTER in person than I had imagined prior.

#6510 2 years ago

Has anyone else had an issue with the Mechazilla turrent rotating. Mine seems to stop in mid turn at times. When this happens the motor will cycle on and off repeatedly trying to move it. If I give it a gentle nudge it will them move further along as it should. Any thoughts on how to correct this issue?

#6511 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I don’t think they can do that though. The delay on the prem/LE is for the building to lower and puke the balls out, no?

It would have to be pro specific for sure

#6512 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Binding (pull up, should give a little, if not, adjust)
Coil stop may be broken. Remove and inspect (visual inspection may not seem bad). Also, if you have gold dust in your cabinet below that flipper, that's a dead giveaway for a broken stop.

So the fact that it looks like a I might have struck gold is a dead giveaway? Who'd of thunk?!

You, sir, are brilliant. Off to buy some stops now!

#6513 2 years ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

So the fact that it looks like a I might have struck gold is a dead giveaway? Who'd of thunk?!
You, sir, are brilliant. Off to buy some stops now!

Yeah, the gold flakes in the cabinet below a flipper coil assembly is a dead giveaway the coil stop has failed. Stern has been using crappy quality stops for years now. It's not uncommon to have one or more fail pretty quickly. Pinball life has some very reliable replacements:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Buy some extras, you'll need to replace them all eventually...

#6514 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the gold flakes in the cabinet below a flipper coil assembly is a dead giveaway the coil stop has failed. Stern has been using crappy quality stops for years now. It's not uncommon to have one or more fail pretty quickly. Pinball life has some very reliable replacements:

do the sleeves, too, while you have it all open

#6515 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

do the sleeves, too, while you have it all open

Good call. Disappointing, but it is what it is.

#6516 2 years ago

Put in a new Start button today while I was replacing the junk coil stop which to my surprise only 1 of the 3 was failed. Thanks to RocketCity Pinball for making this button to match my armor(Shipped finally).

20220117_153409 (resized).jpg20220117_153409 (resized).jpg20220117_153614 (resized).jpg20220117_153614 (resized).jpg20220117_153702 (resized).jpg20220117_153702 (resized).jpg

#6517 2 years ago

Got this for birthday today, x plus gigantic Godzilla 1954. Not permanently mounted yet. Going to probably add a damaged n scale building with fire effect LEDs, green LEDs underneath Godzilla, and flame effect bulbs behind Godzilla. Going to face Godzilla the other direction also.

F71C9D7B-C77E-4B25-BDBF-D3A7825E8B7F (resized).jpegF71C9D7B-C77E-4B25-BDBF-D3A7825E8B7F (resized).jpegAC683EB2-F195-4654-9C36-75006FB4A17D (resized).jpegAC683EB2-F195-4654-9C36-75006FB4A17D (resized).jpeg512ED03B-64B1-46DA-BE90-BC3E33DA2C64 (resized).jpeg512ED03B-64B1-46DA-BE90-BC3E33DA2C64 (resized).jpeg

#6518 2 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Has anyone else had an issue with the Mechazilla turrent rotating. Mine seems to stop in mid turn at times. When this happens the motor will cycle on and off repeatedly trying to move it. If I give it a gentle nudge it will them move further along as it should. Any thoughts on how to correct this issue?

I had this issue. You probably have a wire in the way underneath the mech. Lift up the playfield and look under the mech for a wire getting in the way of it moving

#6519 2 years ago

So if I want a GZ Premium and don’t want to significantly overpay for a HUO one and maybe willing to wait, what is the best place to order one and when realistically do you think I’d see it?

#6520 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So if I want a GZ Premium and don’t want to significantly overpay for a HUO one and maybe willing to wait, what is the best place to order one and when realistically do you think I’d see it?

Tilt Amusements is close to you. Trent will shoot straight with you. Might also want to check with Mike at automated (pinballs.com) who's in your area of the country. I think you're looking at late 2022/Early 2023 for a Premium. BUT if you stay in touch with as many distributors as possible, you might be able to snag on due to good timing.

#6521 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

classicgamerooms has never done me wrong

#6522 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

when I opened my machine up to change the coil stops I saw gold dust - sounds like the timing was fortuitous

Game is now playing even more ridiculously fast than it was before.

#6523 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Shane @ MaineHomeAumesements.

#6524 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it’s lit for mag grab, it shouldn’t let it go until you flip the flippers or after all the animations are done. Not sure how that would ever go SDTM.

If I don't hit both flippers, it releases on its own and that's when it sometimes goes STDM.

#6525 2 years ago

Anyone have an inkling of when the next code update is? I'm feeling like I'm ready for those wizard/mini-wizard modes in the center that aren't coded yet. The game as awesome as it is, is starting to feel a little samey to me. I'd like to have some more/deeper goals to aim for.

#6526 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

If I don't hit both flippers, it releases on its own and that's when it sometimes goes STDM.

Weird. Mine goes to some part of the upper flipper always. Might want to check your level.

#6527 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. Mine goes to some part of the upper flipper always. Might want to check your level.

if the ball still has wiggle going, it can happen with the magna grab..i've seen the same thing, though rarely

#6528 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if the ball still has wiggle going, it can happen with the magna grab..i've seen the same thing, though rarely

Then time it and drop it yourself. Wait until it just starts to go back to the right and drop it. With practice you’ll get a perfect feed to the upper flipper every time.

#6529 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone have an inkling of when the next code update is? I'm feeling like I'm ready for those wizard/mini-wizard modes in the center that aren't coded yet. The game as awesome as it is, is starting to feel a little samey to me. I'd like to have some more/deeper goals to aim for.

agreed...right now i'm working on beating all four modes on each city...its the only thing keeping me going until the new code. so far only got two cities...it's a fun little personal challenge (power, bridge, raid, tank)

#6530 2 years ago

Anyone thinking of leaving club I have a few pins to trade. Totan, TZ and Wh20 I'm in MD so prefer local

#6531 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I had a ton of trouble with getting insider connected.
wifi was just not working, I guessed that the signal was just not getting through.
Metal backbox is pretty much a faraday cage plus what seems to be a pretty poor wifi adapter even with its giant dual antennas.
The head itself drops the signal by atleast 60%.
So if your signal was marginal to start with it wont help, my access point is upside down roof mounted about 5 meters away from the top of godzilla.
Used my phone which had significantly better reception and used it to understand what attenuation was caused by the back box and/or location of antenna.
Inside : 92mbps. Default adapter position.
[quoted image]
Front : 227 mbps
[quoted image]
top : 233 mbps
[quoted image]
I didnt want to have to look at the antenna sitting on top of the machine so I moved it.
[quoted image]
Detach the adaptor and put the usb through the topper hole, reattach the adapter and zip tie to the back and see if that helps.
Use a phone app to help determine you best position.

Curious if koops was using a 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz WiFi AP during this testing? For devices that I don't need super high speed, but I need reliability and range, I connect to a separate 2.4Ghz SSID and have had very few problems. 5.8 can certainly get finicky in my experience.

Thanks for doing the homework though!

#6532 2 years ago

Money down on a Pro. March (ish) delivery. What a game. Probably upgrade to Premium later but I could get a Pro so much earlier!

#6533 2 years ago

PinStadiums - who's using them and are you happy with them on Godzilla? I have them on my only other machine (JP Prem - sensing a pattern on the game designer I prefer...) and love how they light up the playfield, but sometimes they bug me (T-Rex Multiball they flash so much it'll give you a headache). Considering them for Godzilla but wondering what others opinions are before dropping the big coin

Thanks!

#6534 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

PinStadiums - who's using them and are you happy with them on Godzilla? I have them on my only other machine (JP Prem - sensing a pattern on the game designer I prefer...) and love how they light up the playfield, but sometimes they bug me (T-Rex Multiball they flash so much it'll give you a headache). Considering them for Godzilla but wondering what others opinions are before dropping the big coin
Thanks!

I have a DIY version on JP, that game is too dark in my opinion. I also have them on Maiden. I don't think Godzilla needs any more lighting personally, at least the LE/Premium. I haven't seen the Pro.

#6535 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Money down on a Pro. March (ish) delivery. What a game. Probably upgrade to Premium later but I could get a Pro so much earlier!

You will find the pro is plenty. Love being able to hit MechaGodzilla spinner anytime. The building dropping is neat but slows the game down for me. Bridge collapsing doesn’t happen to often and the plastic cracking below it not great and the SDTM when the balls released after building drops sucks.

Just my opinion of course. I added things to my pro that makes it look so much better. Here’s a video of my pro

#6536 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thanks!

It’s the same experience on every game.

#6537 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Curious if koops was using a 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz WiFi AP during this testing? For devices that I don't need super high speed, but I need reliability and range, I connect to a separate 2.4Ghz SSID and have had very few problems. 5.8 can certainly get finicky in my experience.
Thanks for doing the homework though!

I just had to look at my wifi config as I couldn't actually remember how it was setup. I have both frequencies on the same ssid.

It does have "Connect high performance clients to 5 GHz only" selected but I don't know what method it uses to direct these clients to 5ghz though. My problem was that the AP was literally 3 arm spans away from the antenna through 2 pieces of plaster board. For my phone I can walk out of my house and go down the road and still maintain greater than 3 bar connection so it shouldn't have been a range issue. My ap : https://store.ui.com/products/unifi-ac-lr

Reading up on this high performance option does show that it can have issues with legacy 2g devices, for which your method of one ssid per range would have potentially avoided. I havn't looked up the specs on that panda adaptor to see if it falls into that "legacy" category but its possible.

It was curious though that just relocating the adaptor made it work.

#6538 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You will find the pro is plenty. Love being able to hit MechaGodzilla spinner anytime. The building dropping is neat but slows the game down for me. Bridge collapsing doesn’t happen to often and the plastic cracking below it not great and the SDTM when the balls released after building drops sucks.
Just my opinion of course. I added things to my pro that makes it look so much better. Here’s a video of my pro

Great looking Pro. Hoping for more inventory soon so I can pick one up.

#6539 2 years ago

for those that are considering adding pinmonk's fans: they are incredibly easy to install (be aware if you have a mod like led buttons, etc, installed into the c11 power of the board on the left of your cabinet, you'll need a splitter), and i've noticed absolutely no thermal drop since putting them in. There's a minor whine from the fans when the table goes silent, but it's not noticeable during play. I definitely recommend them if you've experienced any flipper or magnet power loss on longer sessions.

#6540 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

for those that are considering adding pinmonk's fans: they are incredibly easy to install (be aware if you have a mod like led buttons, etc, installed into the c11 power of the board on the left of your cabinet, you'll need a splitter), and i've noticed absolutely no thermal drop since putting them in. There's a minor whine from the fans when the table goes silent, but it's not noticeable during play. I definitely recommend them if you've experienced any flipper or magnet power loss on longer sessions.

Have had these since the very beginning and have added the magna grab cooling fan. Best decision in a house with a family always playing for hours at a time and friends on the weekend.

#6541 2 years ago

Garrrzeeewaaaaaaaaa

#6542 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Garrrzeeewaaaaaaaaa

Took me a minute

#6543 2 years ago
Quoted from FNwoz:

Great looking Pro. Hoping for more inventory soon so I can pick one up.

Thank you! Hopefully inventory pops up. Been horrible lately. People still waiting for mando premiums since May last year.

#6544 2 years ago

What size screw goes by the magna grab? Cleaned my game today and noticed I am missing one. It’s not in the cabinet and my spares don’t seem to fit.. wondering if it came with it missing.

* I took the picture before wiping the excess wax globs off. The wax globs weren’t left in the game. I just wanted to take a pic before I forgot then cleaned my mess lol.

915DAB64-4320-446E-8740-CE84AE19152F (resized).jpeg915DAB64-4320-446E-8740-CE84AE19152F (resized).jpeg

#6545 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

What size screw goes by the magna grab? Cleaned my game today and noticed I am missing one. It’s not in the cabinet and my spares don’t seem to fit.. wondering if it came with it missing.
* I took the picture before wiping the excess wax globs off. The wax globs weren’t left in the game. I just wanted to take a pic before I forgot then cleaned my mess lol.
[quoted image]

I think it's the same as the screws on the top of the clear plastic riser plastics on the left side of the playfield.

#6546 2 years ago

Bought Filamentprinting’s Godzilla custom reject buttons. They look amazing! Highly recommend them!

#6547 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's the same as the screws on the top of the clear plastic riser plastics on the left side of the playfield.

Thanks, I thought that too but when I try to put one from the plastics in it doesn’t screw into the hole.

#6548 2 years ago

Another Aussie here, stoked to join the club

Im confident that KME's GZ will live up to the hype. Looking forward to getting it set up and dialled in.

I have followed this thread on and off and checked topic index.
What it the consensus with new rubber color scheme ? Clears ? or color code with art ?
Thanks

20220118_094954 (resized).jpg20220118_094954 (resized).jpg
#6549 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Thanks, I thought that too but when I try to put one from the plastics in it doesn’t screw into the hole.

Then it's probably a 4-40. The other ones are 6-32.

#6550 2 years ago

I got a Stern Jurassic Park Premium Pinball in 2022 and im lovin it, video link:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
6,394 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.