Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 547.
#6451 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Yes it's a long delay in my opinion, hopefully they will allow a double-flipper cancel of the video segment on the next update.

Or, at the VERY LEAST mix up the video so we see different videos of GZ preparing to kick ass.

#6452 2 years ago

Yes it's a long delay in my opinion, hopefully they will allow a double-flipper cancel of the video segment on the next update.

Thanks. The double flipper cancel was my next question. Seems like a lot of long pauses that occur at various times between magna grab, destruction jackpot, choosing battles/cities and the GZ multiball. I’d like to see these pauses shortened. I’m on the list for a premium but may switch to a pro. Not sure yet.

#6453 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Are you talking about the revese-building wallop shot? If so, the latest software update gives you a ball save when that happens. I have had it where a slow rolling ball doesn't trigger the wallop, but it's rare.

Yes, the wallop shot, and at high speed. It's been about a month since I've played the LE on location but it's good to know that there's now a software fix in case I need it. I have about 300 games on my Pro and I haven't needed it yet.

#6454 2 years ago

My GZ Premium upper flipper fires but is very weak. Cannot even hit the loop

Under 50 plays.

Ideas ?

#6455 2 years ago
Quoted from ggravesfamily:

Under 50 plays.
Ideas ?

Probably binding. There should be a little bit of play if you lift it up and down on the flipper.

#6456 2 years ago
Quoted from ggravesfamily:

Under 50 plays.
Ideas ?

Binding (pull up, should give a little, if not, adjust)
Coil stop may be broken. Remove and inspect (visual inspection may not seem bad). Also, if you have gold dust in your cabinet below that flipper, that's a dead giveaway for a broken stop.
Coil sleeve may be catching the plunger so it doesn't move freely. If you manually move the flipper does it seem smooth?

You can turn up coil power in the settings. The 3rd flipper is set pretty low, like 160/255 stock. Bump to 180 and see if that doesn't help (after eliminating the above).

If none of the above helps, I'll be happy to take the piece of crap off your hands.

#6457 2 years ago

Hey Guys.
A little help please. What is the tube of magnalube for? It came with the game

16423814483338962200687011142106 (resized).jpg16423814483338962200687011142106 (resized).jpg
#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Guys.
[quoted image]

Isn't it for the screw...

...threads on the building mech?

#6459 2 years ago

Is anyone else’s ball getting stuck at the top of the loop on the back of the machine?

Not sure if someone else had this issue or a setting I would need to check.

#6460 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Is anyone else’s ball getting stuck at the top of the loop on the back of the machine?

Some have reported it. Check your level left to right with an actual level (NOT WITH AN APP) and your pitch.

#6461 2 years ago

Hey Guys.
[quoted image]

Maybe that's what the magna lube is for.

#6462 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't it for the screw...
...threads on the building mech?

Not sure, that is why I am asking!

#6463 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some have reported it. Check your level left to right with an actual level (NOT WITH AN APP) and your pitch.

Thank you! I also have to install your Series 3 flipper fans that I ordered awhile back .

#6464 2 years ago

Hey Guys.
[quoted image]

For the magnagrab lol

#6465 2 years ago

Preimum or LE? My premium didn't come with any but I seems to remember (but can't find the post) that it might have been included with the LEs for the shaker motor to keep it from sqeeking. Although, I could be totally wrong on that.

#6466 2 years ago

Thank you! I also have to install your Series 3 flipper fans that I ordered awhile back .

Thanks for the support!

#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Preimum or LE? My premium didn't come with any but I seems to remember (but can't find the post) that it might have been included with the LEs for the shaker motor to keep it from sqeeking. Although, I could be totally wrong on that.

My premium came with it

#6468 2 years ago

my premium had it in the goodie bag...you may want to double check

#6469 2 years ago

no lube received with my pro!

#6470 2 years ago

Widely reported, but I've been seeing it more on the Prem/LEs. Don't know what the fix is.

#6471 2 years ago

I hope they start differentiating the code for the pro and prem/LE just a little bit. The pro has more flow and no building lock. The building multiball should be a lot quicker but you wait the same amount as in the prem/LE. It should be able to start right away as you don’t need to watch the building fall

#6472 2 years ago

So is the thought from Keith’s comment that if the game is level then the balls from on top of the building should go sdtm or to the left flipper at the onset of Godzilla multiball? His comment seems to suggest sdtm but most were saying games weren’t level or set up correctly if that was occurring.

#6473 2 years ago

Hey Guys.
[quoted image]

Was previously answered here. Just needed to search keyword magnalube in this forum.

Quoted from cistearns:

I reached out to Stern about the Magnalube included in the goodie bag.
[quoted image]

#6474 2 years ago

LE. It was in our goodie bag.

#6475 2 years ago

I don’t think they can do that though. The delay on the prem/LE is for the building to lower and puke the balls out, no?

#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Was previously answered here. Just needed to search keyword magnalube in this forum.

Ah.. thank you very much!

#6477 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Thanks. The double flipper cancel was my next question. Seems like a lot of long pauses that occur at various times between magna grab, destruction jackpot, choosing battles/cities and the GZ multiball. I’d like to see these pauses shortened. I’m on the list for a premium but may switch to a pro. Not sure yet.

I hope they change destruction jackpot so you can kill the pause with both flippers.

#6478 2 years ago

Yes to this. And I also hope that they ad a super looping Destruction jackpot where you just loop that shot over and over in a timed mode for progressive jackpots a la ‘looping supers’ on GB. Maybe you can complete the super loops by ending with a Tailwhip shot for a super jackpot. That would be fun as hell.

Quoted from finman2000:

I hope they change destruction jackpot so you can kill the pause with both flippers.

#6479 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes to this. And I also hope that they ad a super looping Destruction jackpot where you just loop that shot over and over in a timed mode for progressive jackpots a la ‘looping supers’ on GB. Maybe you can complete the super loops by ending with a Tailwhip shot for a super jackpot. That would be fun as hell.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow you to double flip to skip the destruction jackpot, since the tension and build up is part of the choreography and challenge. I do hope they make it so you can double flip to skip every other currently non-skippable video because there are a lot and some of them are seriously long (some of the godzilla getting electrocuted ones, come to mind). And as another comment mentions, it's not uncommon to have five more videos queued to play when you have a lot going on and end up with the ball held on the magnet or in the scoop.

Oh, and while we're on display challenges, I hope future updates will resolve the situations where the screen gets taken over by a video loop (like mechagodzilla multiball being ready) that overrides the city background (with its progress indicators) and/or on-screen timers (like the remaining seconds in your kaiju battle or 2x scoring).

#6480 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow you to double flip to skip the destruction jackpot, since the tension and build up is part of the choreography and challenge. I do hope they make it so you can double flip to skip every other currently non-skippable video because there are a lot and some of them are seriously long (some of the godzilla getting electrocuted ones, come to mind). And as another comment mentions, it's not uncommon to have five more videos queued to play when you have a lot going on and end up with the ball held on the magnet or in the scoop.
Oh, and while we're on display challenges, I hope future updates will resolve the situations where the screen gets taken over by a video loop (like mechagodzilla multiball being ready) that overrides the city background (with its progress indicators) and/or on-screen timers (like the remaining seconds in your kaiju battle or 2x scoring).

Agreed… Kaiju battle timers/progress indicators should rarely go away, if ever, during a battle…

#6481 2 years ago

Lol, Pinside when a game doesn't have much licensed video in it: "They should have licensed a bunch of video and put it in the game. The game needs more video."

Pinside when a game has a bunch of great licensed video in it: "They need to let us skip the video. It's too much."

#6482 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Lol, Pinside when a game doesn't have much licensed video in it: "They should have licensed a bunch of video and put it in the game. The game needs more video."
Pinside when a game has a bunch of great licensed video in it: "They need to let us skip the video. It's too much."

when your ball save and megalon timers are timing out, yeah you do

#6483 2 years ago

Where can I buy this decal?

IMG_1841 (resized).jpegIMG_1841 (resized).jpeg
#6485 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Isn’t that the point? It’s similar to the Hawkeye challenge on AIQ. You have to wait for the release and time your flip. I do agree they should shorten the time before it is released. It’s s bitgg be too long But not by cancelling with both flippers.

#6486 2 years ago

Hey Guys.
[quoted image]

Great post that explains its use...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/56#post-6610434

#6487 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Isn’t that the point? It’s similar to the Hawkeye challenge on AIQ. You have to wait for the release and time your flip. I do agree they should shorten the time before it is released. It’s s bitgg be too long But not by cancelling with both flippers.

I just want it to wait until the ball comes to a complete stop. As long as that happens I’m good.

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just want it to wait until the ball comes to a complete stop. As long as that happens I’m good.

ya, that drives me nuts..ball's still wiggling, magnet lets go, and off it goes to the bottom of the playfield

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

have you played it? The game commonly gets 3++ tasks built up and it sits and walks through each of them as it plays them out while holding on the magnet. The tension build of the release is really ruined when you gotta take a coffee break before you actually get to the countdown while it plays out pointless clips like battle ready...

#6490 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

ya, that drives me nuts..ball's still wiggling, magnet lets go, and off it goes to the bottom of the playfield

That’s why DJP is good. It waits until it comes to a stop.

Regular mag grab is not like that. I’ve gotten good at timing the release on my own though.

#6491 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

have you played it? The game commonly gets 3++ tasks built up and it sits and walks through each of them as it plays them out while holding on the magnet. The tension build of the release is really ruined when you gotta take a coffee break before you actually get to the countdown while it plays out pointless clips like battle ready...

The stacked video clips definitely should be cleaned up. I guess if certain events are all stacked up, only allow for certain ones to actually display.

#6492 2 years ago

With all the complaints…Good thing it’s still early and the game friggin rules anyway! Woo!
I agree the destruction jackpot in mid action drives me nuts at times, but maybe it was designed that way. Maybe it’s like icing the kicker in a football game. Haha. The videos do get a lil behind too, but it will get fixed eventually.
Heck the game is far from perfect but it’s already a masterpiece. That’s saying a lot! Can’t wait to see more progress!

#6493 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

With all the complaints…Good thing it’s still early and the game friggin rules anyway! Woo!
I agree the destruction jackpot in mid action drives me nuts at times, but maybe it was designed that way. Maybe it’s like icing the kicker in a football game. Haha. The videos do get a lil behind too, but it will get fixed eventually.
Heck the game is far from perfect but it’s already a masterpiece. That’s saying a lot! Can’t wait to see more progress!

i don't think anything said takes enough away from this game to knock it off the top of my list, but there's always room for improvement, as you've laid out

#6494 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

i don't think anything said takes enough away from this game to knock it off the top of my list, but there's always room for improvement, as you've laid out

Truth!
I can’t get enough, and I still haven’t figured it out 100% haha.
I like figuring rules out myself. I think I’m finally getting it. It’s so fun just to get in there and rip that Playfield though. The layout is so unique and fun. Heck the first plunge you take feels great when you go behind the upper flipper! It’s cool when you reverse that same shot during gameplay and hit that left spinner and it shoots back behind mechagodzilla. The loop shot multiple times and then combo that into a tail whip… So fun!

#6495 2 years ago

Keith Elwin has addressed this before going back at least to Jurassic Park. He's said that if you don't want a timer to run out then don't hit it where the ball is going to be held. It's part of the challenge on his games. Like any designer or or artist there are things you think will like about the way a game plays and things you might not like so much. So you need to decide if what like outweighs what you don't like for keeping it around.

I think overall this game is great. Great layout, seems like the final rules and code are on their way to being great, and great music and video & callouts. Is it going to be great in every category for everyone's taste? Of course not, because people's preferences vary. That's why people should look to get machines they enjoy playing and that will be different for everyone. But overall I don't think there's much arguing that the entire package on this game is pretty darn good.

#6496 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

have you played it?

Over 1600 balls played on the one in my basement, and 99% of those are me playing it. So yeah I have a bit of mileage on it.

I just feel like for how great this machine is overall the nitpicking whining in this forum is a bit over the top. "When I miss a ramp the ball goes SDTM". "When I leave the orbit shot short the ball goes back to the outlane." "We can't double flip to cancel every video clip" even though it's early code.

Like I just posted above, is the game perfect and will it be perfect for everyone's taste? No, but no game will be 100% great for everyone because tastes vary. I guess when I play a machine that has a little something I wish was different I just take it for what it is instead of shaking my fist at the sky crying "Whyyyyyyyyyyy is it like this?!!!!"

There are so many aspects to a pinball machine (layout, rules, music, video, callouts, mechs, art, etc.) that I guess I don't feel like it's worth obsessing over any one little nit. But, again, people's feelings vary and there's no right or wrong to it. Just my thoughts.

#6497 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Over 1600 balls played on the one in my basement, and 99% of those are me playing it. So yeah I have a bit of mileage on it.
I just feel like for how great this machine is overall the nitpicking whining in this forum is a bit over the top. "When I miss a ramp the ball goes SDTM". "When I leave the orbit shot short the ball goes back to the outlane." "We can't double flip to cancel every video clip" even though it's early code.
Like I just posted above, is the game perfect and will it be perfect for everyone's taste? No, but no game will be 100% great for everyone because tastes vary. I guess when I play a machine that has a little something I wish was different I just take it for what it is instead of shaking my fist at the sky crying "Whyyyyyyyyyyy is it like this?!!!!"
There are so many aspects to a pinball machine (layout, rules, music, video, callouts, mechs, art, etc.) that I guess I don't feel like it's worth obsessing over any one little nit. But, again, people's feelings vary and there's no right or wrong to it. Just my thoughts.

When people bring up things they wish were improved it is important so the coders can see from our point of view and try to make it better. Don’t take it personal

#6498 2 years ago

Does Mechagodzilla spin the opposite direction in Australia?

#6499 2 years ago

Quoted from EaglePin:

Keith Elwin has addressed this before going back at least to Jurassic Park. He's said that if you don't want a timer to run out then don't hit it where the ball is going to be held. It's part of the challenge on his games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Keith Elwin can consistently hit a flashing yellow megalon shot at the building without having the ball then being grabbed by the magnet as Keith Elwin designed it to be. But I'm no Keith Elwin.

That said, I'm doubtful even Keith Elwin can prevent the extra ball save time earned by hitting the behind the flipper skill shot from running down while the ball is held in the scoop during at minimum two unskippable videos after completing the ultra secret skill shot.

Anyway, as Mattyk indicates, it's not heresy to write on a forum about tweaks we hope to see in future code revisions. Sometimes, some people aren't even initially aware certain little things are how they are. Like, for example, Keith Elwin and the megalon timer thing (though he did a glass off test of it and is now aware).

#6500 2 years ago

It will be awesome when the insider connected forum goes live. Will be much easier talking directly with the dev teams about the games and giving feedback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 210.00
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/130?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.