Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 547.
#6251 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Are the coil stops on pinballife an improved version or are they the same poor quality that stern uses? Pinball life lists the stern part #.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

different source, i buy my replacement from them, they work no problem.

#6252 2 years ago

The first GZ pro has landed in the Middle East. Fantastic game which will sit nicely until the premium gets here (whenever that is!!)

3F541E66-F81A-4173-AC30-42B21A3C3A8A (resized).jpeg3F541E66-F81A-4173-AC30-42B21A3C3A8A (resized).jpegE2DAE15C-CFF1-4564-BF84-B4C03F2A14C0 (resized).jpegE2DAE15C-CFF1-4564-BF84-B4C03F2A14C0 (resized).jpegF1261E09-0D8A-4DF1-BCCC-89AF30B07599 (resized).jpegF1261E09-0D8A-4DF1-BCCC-89AF30B07599 (resized).jpeg
#6253 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Never been a fan of jet Jaguar, but that looks awesome next to the Tesla strike towers. Nice looking ride.

Thank you! Yeah I was surprised on how good he looks. Much better in person.

#6254 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Your video above ^^ looks awesome!!!!
Yeah, this game is a blast, and I too have really been enjoying both the gameplay as well as the mods!!

Thank you! Really appreciate your help with MechaGodzilla and Mothra.

#6255 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Are the coil stops on pinballife an improved version or are they the same poor quality that stern uses? Pinball life lists the stern part #.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Pinball Life coils stops are a good improvement over the factory Stern coil stops. I have 4000+ games on DP and 3000+ on AIQ and no coil stop issues after replacing around 200-300 plays when originals were shot.

#6256 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Anyone heard any updates for this? I have a sad magna grab, got on the list for a replacement but haven't heard anything in quite some time.
[quoted image]

I have same issue, I have not heard anything only was told by Stern that a modification is in production and I will be notified when it's available

#6257 2 years ago

For those out there with artistic 3D printing capabilities...

I think it would be really cool if someone were to create and sell a low-profile building facade for that flat, lame sticker building picture on the backboard (to the right of the subway building). It would be light enough that it could be attached by double sided tape. Heck, a dimensional two building creation could be made as well to add even further dimension to that area.

Last time I remember seeing someone do that, it really looked awesome and added a lot
( Medisinyl created that backboard attachment for the vampire tower on the Alice Cooper ).

#6258 2 years ago

I don’t know if I’m sold on the Mecha-Godzilla since he’s a bit hidden. Maybe a spot light?

25629959-EAF5-4DE1-A8E5-7E077E4E53D8 (resized).jpeg25629959-EAF5-4DE1-A8E5-7E077E4E53D8 (resized).jpeg33B932B3-6118-4753-BA12-6820DCC24268 (resized).jpeg33B932B3-6118-4753-BA12-6820DCC24268 (resized).jpeg4786C3BF-3A8A-401D-A36E-E28A12F7F8F9 (resized).jpeg4786C3BF-3A8A-401D-A36E-E28A12F7F8F9 (resized).jpeg76019B0D-6298-4F68-BFDC-0E9E7FAA377C (resized).jpeg76019B0D-6298-4F68-BFDC-0E9E7FAA377C (resized).jpegAC8FDC69-0A7A-4EEA-9E89-8BF689A371E8 (resized).jpegAC8FDC69-0A7A-4EEA-9E89-8BF689A371E8 (resized).jpeg
#6260 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I don’t know if I’m sold on the Mecha-Godzilla since he’s a bit hidden. Maybe a spot light?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I recently added a spotlight back there, behind the Drake building (in my case, facing to the right to highlight a mothra figure that I extended with music wire from the mothra plastic).
It was quite easy to thred up a comet matrix wire to that location as there as there is a rather large hole in the playfield with both a white and red light. The wire ends up coming up behind the Drake building in between two pieces of playfield plastic. From there, you can attach the spotlight to that one post that holds the right side of the left wireform ramp.

#6261 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doesn't make sense to have Mecha in the back. Why not put it where the tank is and move the tank over to the plastic over the maser cannon target? The spinner next to it has a tank on it.

#6262 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Doesn't make sense to have Mecha in the back. Why not put it where the tank is and move the tank over to the plastic over the maser cannon target? The spinner next to it has a tank on it.

That was my initial thought but Mecha is about an inch too talk to fit where he should go

#6263 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

That was my initial thought but Mecha is about an inch too talk to fit where he should go

He does pop in half though.
On the premium/ LE model as well as on some uses of mechagodzillas that have been shown thus far on the Pros, is pretty much the torso up.

#6264 2 years ago

Anyone else have the ball get stuck here yet?

20220109_110309 (resized).jpg20220109_110309 (resized).jpg
#6265 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

did it come out of the building and end there, or get bumped up there from the playfield? guessing it's the latter, as there's not enough momentum sometimes if you're not coming down from the full loop

#6266 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

Is this a brand new game, or did this just start happening? If it had been playing well and this just started happening out of the blue, that's really weird.
I've had some games in the past that I had picked up NIB where crossing over wireforms needed a little bit of push/shove right off the bat to allow adequate ball travel. Certainly it is not an ideal situation, but there's probably not a whole lot of other good options outside of gentle deliberate brute force.
Looks like you have all the spacers at the posts on appropriately.
As above, looks like it may just need a little bit of gentle brute force at that loop to the under passing wireform (to ever so gently, but deliberately, bend those two wireforms apart from each other).
Unless someone else has a different idea.

#6267 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:Anyone else have the ball get stuck here yet?
[quoted image]

Mine did when I first got it. I used my hands to bend it up very slightly. Hasn't happened again since.

#6268 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

did it come out of the building and end there, or get bumped up there from the playfield? guessing it's the latter, as there's not enough momentum sometimes if you're not coming down from the full loop

Yup came out of the building and stopped right there. Just barely made it up the ramp so didn't have alot of momentum.

Quoted from ChipScott:

Is this a brand new game, or did this just start happening? If it had been playing well and this just started happening out of the blue, that's really weird.
I've had some games in the past that I had picked up NIB where crossing over wireforms needed a little bit of push/shove right off the bat to allow adequate ball travel. Certainly it is not an ideal situation, but there's probably not a whole lot of other good options outside of gentle deliberate brute force.
Looks like you have all the spacers at the posts on appropriately.
As above, looks like it may just need a little bit of gentle brute force at that loop to the under passing wireform (to ever so gently, but deliberately, bend those two wireforms apart from each other).
Unless someone else has a different idea.

Basically a brand new game, I think I may have 150 plays on it .

Quoted from fswanson24:

Mine did when I first got it. I used my hands to bend it up very slightly. Hasn't happened again since.

Yeah, I may have to try to bend it ever so slightly.

#6269 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

This also happened to me pretty much out of the box. Took a few games for it to happen, must of been a slow enough ramp shot that caused it to stop there. I gently separated the wireforms carefully watching that I don't stress the plastics or anything else to get the ball to not hit the upper part where they cross. It's been fine since.

#6270 2 years ago

What's everyone doing for side blades? Looking to add some to my premium.

#6271 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I'm waiting to see how the official blades look..if they're not enticing, I'll probably go with mirrors

#6272 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I'm going with mirror blades from tilt graphics, I put a set in my mando and it boggles the mind just how much it brightens everything up. They are currently out of stock but I check in about once a week. The only upside to waiting on the premium is that I have the opportunity to stockpile mods before it's arrival. They have a really nice set of art blades as well, well colored crisp graphics featuring cityscapes, explosions and chaos.

#6273 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

DIY Speaker mod round 2..
I mentioned I would try out some 5.25" speakers in the back box for the next post. But it was driving me nuts that I couldn't find a good consistent balance with the stock sub.
So I spent some time playing with the cabinet woofer instead.
FREE Sub Upgrade, well kinda.... Even at what I would consider lower volumes I was getting that familiar crackle when a speaker is reaching its limits.. I thought surely this shouldn't be the case unless I already blew the speaker. After some looking - the problem was with the plastic speaker mesh Stern uses between the cabinet and the speaker. The cone and the mesh are way too close togetehr, once the cone gets moving the two of them strike a nice vibe together.
If you think this maybe the case and want to test it on your machine - use the DJ mixer and turn up the volume to replicate the crackling. Then use a pick to pull the plastic mesh away from the speaker. If the sound goes away you have a free mod coming.. Just remove the mesh and instant upgrade. Now you can push the stock sub a bit more.
Ok - Back on track.... The stock sub acts more like a mid bass. Though it covers a range from about 125-4k ish it's a garbled spongy sounding mess, it doesn't particularly stand out for anything other than providing filler noise between those frequencies. An unexpected finding is It also throws a bunch of this garbled sound up through the back box. Try it for youself, turn your back box speakers off using the fader in the utilities menu. Turn up the volume- listen to all that trash sound that eminates from the back box.
This reverberating trash coming up through the backbox competes with the backbox speakers.. I found that all of the back box speaker upgrades I was testing sounded good by themselves, but sounded like crap once I tried bringing in the stock sub to balance everything out. The additional garbage coming up the backbox made everything sound so off and disconnected.
Conclusion - Upgrading backbox speakers themselves may not be worth it. There is no doubt that new back box speakers will sound better than the stock ones. Even given less than ideal situations. But they are too small to provide a good full sound by themselves. As you bring the stock sub into play to try filling in the gap - well things just sound wrong. Finding that balance is really difficult and it only worked on lower volumes. Oddly - the crappy back box speakers and crappy sub harmonize and suck really well together...
Anyway - food for thought. Next post I'll add a new sub to the mix and see what happens.
[quoted image]

My Godzilla cabinet speaker was hitting my mesh screen. I removed it last week.
Stern, you suck for sending these out that way. Boo!

All Three coil stops broken in 3 weeks.

Otherwise LOVE this game!

#6274 2 years ago

Any one working on a fix for a magna grab plastic protector?

#6275 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I put a small clear sticky rubber dot under bridge, pretty much invisible . Did it first day, 500+ plays ,no issues

#6276 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I went with Wizardmods side blades, they look pretty nice when mounted in the machine.

#6277 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Anyone heard any updates for this? I have a sad magna grab, got on the list for a replacement but haven't heard anything in quite some time.
[quoted image]

I know a lot of people were using adhesive cabinet buttons on the underside of the bridge to prevent that. Is it possible the ball hitting the metal is cracking the plastic? Or has this been resolved with it being the bridge?

#6278 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I know a lot of people were using adhesive cabinet buttons on the underside of the bridge to prevent that. Is it possible the ball hitting the metal is cracking the plastic? Or has this been resolved with it being the bridge?

Hmmm. Good question. I figured it was the bridge but never thought it could be the ball smacking the magnet so hard it cracks it. I heard Stern is working on a kit though, so hopefully they know what’s doing it before they send those kits out. Could be as simple as a foam/felt washer under the plastic to help. Who knows. Contact your distributor or stern though, to get on the list for the replacement kit. Mine was approved.

8412196F-FEED-4368-A29E-E6B87AAA3B39 (resized).jpeg8412196F-FEED-4368-A29E-E6B87AAA3B39 (resized).jpeg

#6279 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

I did first games I played after I brought it home. I loosened the wire form mounts on next to the building and across the way on the lane. Loosened and pushed them in a little adjust the heights of the ramp and the. Retightened. Hasn’t happened again since.

#6280 2 years ago

Anyone else’s glass ridiculously tight? Tightest of all my tables by far. Makes me a little nervous every time I have to take it off.

#6281 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone else’s glass ridiculously tight? Tightest of all my tables by far. Makes me a little nervous every time I have to take it off.

YES! More worrisome is that there doesn't seem to be any clearance between the outside edge of the cab and the glass. I've got Invisiglass on my Pro and I'm petrified that I'm going to see a long scratch down the middle of it.

#6282 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

mine is not, but there's been a handful of people in this thread that have had that issue, and found that their cabinet was out of square

#6283 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Quoted from jaycbarnett:

YES! More worrisome is that there doesn't seem to be any clearance between the outside edge of the cab and the glass. I've got Invisiglass on my Pro and I'm petrified that I'm going to see a long scratch down the middle of it.

Mine was pretty tight as well. After about 10-ish removals and putting the glass back in as I was working on things on the playfield, it seemed to have softened up a bit and feels as I think it should.

#6284 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Trying moving the game to a slightly different location and see if that helps. Sometimes just the pitch of your floor or the game itself can exacerbate a tight fit.

#6285 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Mirror blades for me. I really don't like the art blades that are offered. Mirror blades look fantastic as usual.

#6286 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Yes, same here. I ran my fingers in the plastic tracks attempting to widen them a little which I'd like to think made a difference.

#6287 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:

Mine is a bit tight too. I put a strip of painters tape along the top edge of the cab there to protect the glass.

#6288 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I'm going with mirror blades from tilt graphics, I put a set in my mando and it boggles the mind just how much it brightens everything up.

Mirror blades go on almost all of my games, unless they came factory with art blades. I don't care for the look of most art blades out there, with a few exceptions. I think mirrors make the game appear more high-end. Just my opinion, and I totally respect the people that like art blades more.

#6289 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Yes

#6290 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I wonder if a piece of foam placed under the plastic on top of the magna-grab would soften the pounding that plastic takes. It would need to be placed right where the bridge is striking the plastic, though, otherwise it could make the issue worse. Plus it would be hidden. I have not tried that. What I have tried and what I currently have is foam stuck to the bottom of the bridge and so far it has held. But I have <100 games on it, too.

#6291 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

My glass hits the front edge of the cab, had to slide a thin plastic sheet between the cab and glass to get it out. And the edges are sharp as hell.

#6292 2 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

My glass hits the front edge of the cab, had to slide a thin plastic sheet between the cab and glass to get it out. And the edges are sharp as hell.

Zepp was horrible tight on edges and coming off the front. Had to file down the metal to not scratch the glass, still need a suction cup to remove glass. And it's been in 4 different spots, so just a tight build.

#6293 2 years ago

After 3 weeks of making Prem / Le Godzilla building mods for the SDTM issue, I have completely caught up on orders and all items have shipped. I am now offering shipping to Canada as well. I have 13 boxed up and ready to go if anyone is looking for one. If you already placed an order, thank you so much for the support, I really appreciate it. I am working on a few new mods and will post them here when they are ready and have been tested on location.

Stay safe and play more pinball!

Craig
HurryUpPinball

Build mod link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

0EB7E9CD-9768-45A9-A5B0-1345976E7140 (resized).jpeg0EB7E9CD-9768-45A9-A5B0-1345976E7140 (resized).jpeg0A21EC26-B3DB-44B7-A3EA-CE68992C2CED (resized).jpeg0A21EC26-B3DB-44B7-A3EA-CE68992C2CED (resized).jpeg1749E3DC-773A-487D-95AA-E3D9BAD2EF5B (resized).jpeg1749E3DC-773A-487D-95AA-E3D9BAD2EF5B (resized).jpeg6F6AE2C0-A39D-40C8-AF75-D84465E5EEE7 (resized).jpeg6F6AE2C0-A39D-40C8-AF75-D84465E5EEE7 (resized).jpeg7666B911-D097-4116-8269-CCCC84436B58 (resized).jpeg7666B911-D097-4116-8269-CCCC84436B58 (resized).jpegF9648FDD-B666-4D5A-A325-14BA03E72CB9 (resized).jpegF9648FDD-B666-4D5A-A325-14BA03E72CB9 (resized).jpegF458B470-F99E-442E-A496-259D99A97C37 (resized).jpegF458B470-F99E-442E-A496-259D99A97C37 (resized).jpeg
#6294 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

After 3 weeks of making Prem / Le Godzilla building mods for the SDTM issue, I have completely caught up on orders and all items have shipped. I am now offering shipping to Canada as well. I have 13 boxed up and ready to go if anyone is looking for one. If you already placed an order, thank you so much for the support, I really appreciate it. I am working on a few new mods and will post them here when they are ready and have been tested on location.
Stay safe and play more pinball!
Craig
HurryUpPinball
Build mod link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested, but I was curious where the balls hit once the mod is installed. Given the change in angle, I'm concerned that the balls will exit the building and hit the left sling. Perhaps it's just the pics that make the angle change more extreme then it is.

Thanks!

#6295 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I recommend wizardmod’s

#6296 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm interested, but I was curious where the balls hit once the mod is installed. Given the change in angle, I'm concerned that the balls will exit the building and hit the left sling. Perhaps it's just the pics that make the angle change more extreme then it is.
Thanks!

I own the mod and have never had an issue with the balls hitting the left sling. They hit perfectly towards the middle/end of the left flipper.

#6297 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I went with Wizardmods side blades, they look pretty nice when mounted in the machine.

Sp did I. Looks great. I just ordered the apron mod for Godzilla.

#6298 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks!</blockquote

Thanks!

I created an install video and at the 20 sec mark, you can see the difference between the factory plastics and the building mod. Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope all is well.

#6299 2 years ago

I created an install video and at the 20 sec mark, you can see the difference between the factory plastics and the building mod. Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope all is well.

Received mine yesterday and I highly recommend it. Very professionally done and takes care of the SDTM issue.

#6300 2 years ago

Killing it Craig, great work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/126?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.