IMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 544.
#6101 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Any chance you could take a pic of what it looks like from players view? Trying to figure out if I want it. Only photos I have seen were close up.

You can buy spotlights from comet pinball to add to the slings also. I bought one to illuminate my Godzilla I put in.

0264498D-84E9-4493-92C0-F16EB7F0AF50 (resized).jpeg0264498D-84E9-4493-92C0-F16EB7F0AF50 (resized).jpeg97EE1406-BC3A-4D27-B8A2-9B0DC8E02FD0 (resized).jpeg97EE1406-BC3A-4D27-B8A2-9B0DC8E02FD0 (resized).jpeg
#6102 2 years ago

Picked up an iridescent shooter rod from Modfather for the Godzilla.
I really think it goes well!!

PXL_20220108_215627169~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215627169~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215637485~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215637485~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215805041~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215805041~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215818489~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220108_215818489~2 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220109_022235288~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220109_022235288~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220109_022242105~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220109_022242105~2 (resized).jpg
#6103 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks good, how's the feel compared to stock? I'm not happy with any of the stern custom shooters I've bought. Did this use stock spring or stiffer? Thx,,,

#6104 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

My youngest kid hasn't been particularly interested in pinball, but she is enjoying Godzilla. She actually asked me to turn it on so she could play while I was doing something else in the basement. I don't think she's ever done that before.
[quoted image]

Taxi sighting.

Cool about your daughter. Me and my daughter play Metallica together at the arcade.

#6105 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Never, EVER should you have wax every 15-20 games, that's a joke. Think about this.... your flippers are weak because your not waxing enough.....?

Going to take advantage of this post... how often should you wax, and what is the best way to clean and wax? Haha I’ve been meaning to research this but figured I still have some time before I really need to do anything

#6106 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks good, how's the feel compared to stock? I'm not happy with any of the stern custom shooters I've bought. Did this use stock spring or stiffer? Thx,,,

I absolutely love ModFather shooter rods. I think I have/have had them on every single one of my modern games over the last few years.
They feel great to the hand. The rod itself is the stock size, so no real difference there. But feel wise, yeah, they're great! I can't say enough about them, and Chuck is an amazing artist.

They typically come in three sizes: small, medium and large. I usually prefer the medium size, which is similar to what you see in the above pics. Actually, this one is somewhere in between medium and large, I would say. There is a touch of randomness as these are made to order individually.

#6107 2 years ago

God my Godzilla shooter rod..... pretty excited. Not going to lie. I get the egg thing but this is pretty sweat. Excited to hook this up when GZ arrives this week.

92C8DA32-1A9D-43EC-8C22-FA7F497B0FAC (resized).jpeg92C8DA32-1A9D-43EC-8C22-FA7F497B0FAC (resized).jpeg
#6108 2 years ago

You don’t really have to wax at all. My games are on location so I’ll wax them like…once every three months maybe. I typically will not wax STH TMNT GOTG because they are already lightning fast. Games with steep ramps that play a bit slower I’ll wax more regularly... JP and IMDN come to mind. Whitestar games I wax quite a bit..TSPP and LOTR, I can feel those slow down without a wax. It’s like those playfields suck in filth. Mainly I just keep em clean though.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Going to take advantage of this post... how often should you wax, and what is the best way to clean and wax? Haha I’ve been meaning to research this but figured I still have some time before I really need to do anything

#6109 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You don’t really have to wax at all. My games are on location so I’ll wax them like…once every three months maybe. I typically will not wax STH TMNT GOTG because they are already lightning fast. Games with steep ramps that play a bit slower I’ll wax more regularly... JP and IMDN come to mind. Whitestar games I wax quite a bit..TSPP and LOTR, I can feel those slow down without a wax. It’s like those playfields suck in filth. Mainly I just keep em clean though.

I played a suuuuuuper slow WW the other day. Was brutal.

Other than using canned air I haven’t really done much else to clean. Any advise on cleaving options?

#6110 2 years ago

There’s a bunch of cleaning/waxing threads on the boards, but….this is all I use now. It cleans and shines in one step. Just spray on a microfibre cloth and go to town. And don’t get me started on the smell….

Edit: Sorry about the largest picture in the history of the internet.
789C6317-C6B2-4B9D-BFD1-333737590926 (resized).jpeg789C6317-C6B2-4B9D-BFD1-333737590926 (resized).jpeg

#6111 2 years ago

I’m chomping at the bit to play this game again tomorrow! I LOVE IT! Mikey Likes

#6112 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Other than using canned air I haven’t really done much else to clean. Any advise on cleaning options?

Turtle wax and a nice microfiber cloth on new machine's playing fields once every three months if played in the home depending on how many games you play on it daily.
If played on location (you are running it to make money) or an older machine, once a week or whenever you take off the glass (once a week or two).

Everyone has their own experiences with what works for them.

Don't forget if the machine has regular pinball glass (and nothing exotic) to clean it with glass cleaner (or ammonia and water).
Get the dust off the back glass and top of the box too while you are at it.

#6113 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Turtle wax and a nice microfiber cloth on new machine's playing fields once every three months if played in the home depending on how many games you play on it daily.
If played on location (you are running it to make money) or an older machine, once a week or whenever you take off the glass (once a week or two).

Everyone has their own experiences with what works for them.

Don't forget if the machine has regular pinball glass (and nothing exotic) to clean it with glass cleaner (or ammonia and water).
Get the dust off the back glass and top of the box too while you are at it.

I always heard that 'cleaner wax', like turtle wax, or any liquid wax, is not the best for the playfield surface. Pure carnuba paste wax is what you want. something like Mother's. You can use Novus 1 to clean any dirt before you wax, or Novus 2 if the playfield is especially dirty and dull.

Ammonia based glass cleaner is also bad for a number of reasons. It can stain and weaken painted surfaces around the cabinet edge and backbox. Say no to Windex. SprayWay is is a great ammonia free glass cleaner that the pros use and I see it used in the classic car hobby too.

This is just some wisdom that was passed down to me over the years. Who knows.

#6114 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The third physical button on my service menu stopped working. How would I fix this and is there a different way to turn up the volume any other way (since it's how at zero)?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My DP and Star Wars both have buttons out in the coin door recently, no disconnected wires and the connectors are seated properly. On DP it’s vol up and SW it’s vol down…makes it a pain in the ass to go through the menu.

I had all four of the service buttons stop working on my IMDN. I eventually narrowed it down to the conductive silicon membrane that makes contact with the PCB. The conductive painted dots were no longer conductive and wouldn't register when pressed down. I had planned to repaint with new carbon conductive paint;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQ4F1T5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

But instead I tried a simpler fix first; adding small squares of copper foil tape. This ended up working great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DVZ1G1C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#6115 2 years ago

Ahhhh, niccce. Thanks for that, I’ll definitely try that out.

Quoted from RobF:

I had all four of the service buttons stop working on my IMDN. I eventually narrowed it down to the conductive silicon membrane that makes contact with the PCB. The conductive painted dots were no longer conductive and wouldn't register when pressed down. I had planned to repaint with new carbon conductive paint;
amazon.com link »
But instead I tried a simpler fix first; adding small squares of copper foil tape. This ended up working great.
amazon.com link »

#6116 2 years ago

For playfield spray on rag first…never on the game itself. Make sure it’s off too. But…I love the spray away products. F’n amazing shit right here.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Other than using canned air I haven’t really done much else to clean. Any advise on cleaving options?

073FF022-D2A7-4DB7-958C-F9BDDF71A880 (resized).png073FF022-D2A7-4DB7-958C-F9BDDF71A880 (resized).pngFCDA7BBA-A843-4F7F-B290-0D91C011BD26 (resized).jpegFCDA7BBA-A843-4F7F-B290-0D91C011BD26 (resized).jpeg
#6117 2 years ago

300 plays and the playfield is chipping at the entrance to the building. Anyone else have that issue? You would think with the amount of money I paid for the machine that would not happen.

#6118 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

300 plays and the playfield is chipping at the entrance to the building. Anyone else have that issue? You would think with the amount of money I paid for the machine that would not happen.

Take some pics. Interested to see what it looks like. When your building is at it's home position, is the transition flush between the building and the playfield?

#6119 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Take some pics. Interested to see what it looks like. When your building is at it's home position, is the transition flush between the building and the playfield?

Yep, it's flush. That's the first thing I checked. I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow. I was disgusted so I shut down the pinball room for the night. LOL

#6120 2 years ago

Secret info deleted

#6121 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For playfield spray on rag first…never on the game itself. Make sure it’s off too. But…I love the spray away products. F’n amazing shit right here.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Will the all
Purpose cleaner make my ramps super fast?!? Hahaha I’m sick of barely getting to the top
And then rolling back down to a drain.

#6122 2 years ago

Keeps em pretty slick, I definitely recommend Novus plastic cleaner for ramps tho. Also, replace the balls frequently. Get some Ninjas.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Will the all
Purpose cleaner make my ramps super fast?!? Hahaha I’m sick of barely getting to the top

#6123 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Will the all

No, hit the shot better lol

Just kidding.

#6124 2 years ago

Speaking of shooter rods I was able to get the AIQ shooter rod to light up and work in Godzilla. I like the look as I was not happy with stern mothra Easter egg or any of the after market options.

#6125 2 years ago

Naphtha, carnauba wax, then Wizard’s.

Makes the playfield beautiful and SUPER fast. Almost too fast.

Wizard’s works for a quick touch up on its own.

#6126 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

God my Godzilla shooter rod..... pretty excited. Not going to lie. I get the egg thing but this is pretty sweat. Excited to hook this up when GZ arrives this week.
[quoted image]

I got the same one. Looks kind of sinister on there and feels tons better than the stock one.

#6127 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Keeps em pretty slick, I definitely recommend Novus plastic cleaner for ramps tho. Also, replace the balls frequently. Get some Ninjas.

I used Novus also and then Mother's carnauba. When those ran out, I got some Millwax. Really like it...one step....rub on/wipe off.

#6128 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Anyone have the Mezel mods Maser Cannon installed? Curious how much it darkens things since it replaces the spot. I love the way it looks but not sure I want to sacrifice illuminating PF for installing the cannon. thanks in advance.

In the end I'm very happy with the mazer cannon. Modded the mod and reworked the parts in that area to keep the spotlight in mix. The cannon actually hides the spot and the spot bounces light off the cannon if you turn the light to the right.

Also split up the blue tip and base of the cannon so the base turns on and off with the spot and the tip lights up whenever the mazer target activates the dome flasher.

20211226_124100 (resized).jpg20211226_124100 (resized).jpg
#6129 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the coin door sticker in Japanese ?

#6130 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Naphtha, carnauba wax, then Wizard’s.
Makes the playfield beautiful and SUPER fast. Almost too fast.
Wizard’s works for a quick touch up on its own.

Naphtha like lighter fluid?

#6131 2 years ago

Recommendations for when made shots through the building that trigger the magna grab rocket by do fast thru miss the magnet?

#6132 2 years ago

Recommendations for when made shots through the building that trigger the magna grab rocket by do fast thru miss the magnet?

I recommend not draining.

Practice your nudging, slide saves.

#6133 2 years ago

There's supposed to be more adjustments coming. Right now you can only adjust the timing of the trigger point to the magnet (which may help with your issue), but hopefully the magnet is beefed up again. It was nerfed from the super-grabs of 0.77. Somewhere back toward 0.77 strength would be good.

#6134 2 years ago
Quoted from rue_:

Where did you get the coin door sticker in Japanese ?

I got it from the Space Coast Pinball group here on the Pinside marketplace (same group designing/making that -TOHO Scope- magnet for the back box).
They designed this sticker to cover over the area at the center of the apron....I decided that I preferred it on the coin door

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05554-godzilla-dress-up-magnet-art-and-decal-art

#6135 2 years ago

Does anyone else have a difficult time hitting the destruction jackpot shot from a magna grab? I know it shouldn't be a gimme, but it just seems like the release places the ball at an awkward position to make that shot on my machine. I've not been able to do it. Maybe I need to mess with my side to side alignment.

#6136 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Does anyone else have a difficult time hitting the destruction jackpot shot from a magna grab? I know it shouldn't be a gimme, but it just seems like the release places the ball at an awkward position to make that shot on my machine. I've not been able to do it. Maybe I need to mess with my side to side alignment.

Lots of folks have had the same issue (including me). Most important to check level left to right. Off by just 1 degree and the shot is tough. Once I fixed leveling shot returned to makeable again

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/55#post-6609229

#6137 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Align your leg levelers so the ball drops to the face of the flipper. It Shouldn’t be way out from it, nor should it hit the base of the flipper.

#6138 2 years ago

Seems like my building is not perfectly flush with the playfield - will occasionally have a ball hang up on the lip between the two. Easy enough to release with a nudge, but probably not ideal from a wear standpoint. Anyone else have this issue, and is there an easy way to adjust the height of the building at rest? I’m guessing the building just needs to sit ~1mm higher…

#6139 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Seems like my building is not perfectly flush with the playfield - will occasionally have a ball hang up on the lip between the two. Easy enough to release with a nudge, but probably not ideal from a wear standpoint. Anyone else have this issue, and is there an easy way to adjust the height of the building at rest? I’m guessing the building just needs to sit ~1mm higher…

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/90#post-6650356

#6140 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Stepper motor adjustment, I prefer to have it a C hair higher then the playfield as not the hit the edge and chip the artwork. In addition a piece of mylar cut to size and place along the edge is a good addition for extra protection as well.

#6141 2 years ago

I finally beat Ebirah, was having the hardest time defeating that monster. Only megalon left for tier 1!

#6142 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

I agree, a tough shot. Maybe 1 in 10 times do I get it.

#6143 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Lots of folks have had the same issue (including me). Most important to check level left to right. Off by just 1 degree and the shot is tough. Once I fixed leveling shot returned to makeable again
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/55#post-6609229

Not even 1 degree. Just a fraction of a degree can make a difference. Godzilla is very touchy like Star Wars, IMO.

#6144 2 years ago
Quoted from Terpslurps:

I finally beat Ebirah, was having the hardest time defeating that monster. Only megalon left for tier 1!

megalon is *rough*...i spent a week and a half just focusing on learning him

#6145 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

megalon is *rough*...i spent a week and a half just focusing on learning him

Finally today, but only after getting bridge, tank, and Mechgodzilla multiball. Ugh. If it wasn't for that, I'd still be trying.

#6146 2 years ago

Anyone own the premium and just purchase the subway sign along with other signs? I cant find the directions for the sign install alone without the building replacement and ut seems like for the sign install we could avoid pulling the building out in my opinion? Help if possible would be appreciated!

#6147 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Anyone own the premium and just purchase the subway sign along with other signs? I cant find the directions for the sign install alone without the building replacement and ut seems like for the sign install we could avoid pulling the building out in my opinion? Help if possible would be appreciated!

**FROM MEZELMODS **

#6148 2 years ago

I have both the sign upgrades/mods from Mezel Mods. I just used the 3M tape to stick them to the original signs and done. Nothing else to do beyond that. They work and look great.

#6149 2 years ago

you can sticky tape them the front or get creative with it. The bracket they give you is for the building mod they sell for the subway. You can get it work but you have to make some spacers and get longer screws, but it isn't easy. They need to make a bracket that works without the building mod.

#6150 2 years ago

Picked up these kickers from Amazon. Just arrived today. Saw them on a post here. Thank you for your review!

3AF70CC6-A86A-4D8C-8556-312F5DBEC9CB (resized).jpeg3AF70CC6-A86A-4D8C-8556-312F5DBEC9CB (resized).jpeg3B736351-D81A-46C3-8A3A-2832269F11B2 (resized).jpeg3B736351-D81A-46C3-8A3A-2832269F11B2 (resized).jpeg7F32F470-2445-4AC2-974C-7858AD490398 (resized).jpeg7F32F470-2445-4AC2-974C-7858AD490398 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,179 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/123?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.