gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 547.
#6001 2 years ago

Does anyone know how to loosen/remove the right ramp on the prem/LE? I expected to see two bolts running through the playfield and I do not.

#6003 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know how to loosen/remove the right ramp on the prem/LE? I expected to see two bolts running through the playfield and I do not.

Never mind. I found them.

#6004 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Was cleaning my playfield and decided let’s get rid of these crap coil stops. After lifting the playfield I found a light at the bottom of the cabinet. Can someone please help me figure out where it came from? No service alerts or anything and not sure what test to run to figure out where this belongs. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Could have been left in there from the factory and may not be missing one to begin with. You can go into lamp test and look for an area missing some light, would be somewhere in the GI because the inserts use those little light boards and not the individual bulbs anymore.

#6005 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Could have been left in there from the factory and may not be missing one to begin with. You can go into lamp test and look for an area missing some light, would be somewhere in the GI because the inserts use those little light boards and not the individual bulbs anymore.

Thank you. Is there supposed to be anything by the scoop on the pro? Only area that looks dim when I do any of the Gi test.

9FE95A2F-B1B1-4A89-9F87-8A7DAC9B93BF (resized).jpeg9FE95A2F-B1B1-4A89-9F87-8A7DAC9B93BF (resized).jpeg
#6006 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Thank you. Is there supposed to be anything by the scoop on the pro? Only area that looks dim when I do any of the Gi test. [quoted image]

I would check those missile lights under the inlanes to see if one is missing. If it's not obvious after that then just hold onto it in case you do find a empty socket one day, not hurting it playing without a bulb.

#6007 2 years ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Shaker is key, adds so much to it! Although I'm still trying to work the squeak out of mine ... tried oiling it and it's better, but not gone.

I agree the best mod for the money is a shaker motor. Also one of the easiest to install.

#6008 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Thank you. Is there supposed to be anything by the scoop on the pro? Only area that looks dim when I do any of the Gi test. [quoted image]

The top of the right sling looks a little dull compared to the left side. Should be 3 lights under the plastic there.

#6009 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

The top of the right sling looks a little dull compared to the left side. Should be 3 lights under the plastic there.

Bingo! Thank you for the help!

988AE099-385C-4276-B0E9-2E58867F3B45 (resized).jpeg988AE099-385C-4276-B0E9-2E58867F3B45 (resized).jpeg
#6010 2 years ago

I know is repetitive but what’s the best most qualified OEM shaker motor for Godzilla?

I’ve ordered others in the past and they say the title of the game with it. I can’t find a Godzilla one does that. Does that mean I should wait until they release one?

Thank you in advance

#6011 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I know is repetitive but what’s the best most qualified OEM shaker motor for Godzilla?
I’ve ordered others in the past and they say the title of the game with it. I can’t find a Godzilla one does that. Does that mean I should wait until they release one?
Thank you in advance

There aren’t any game-specific shakers, just different brands. I usually get them from cointaker or pinball life. They are specific to spike games like GZ.

#6012 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There aren’t any game-specific shakers, just different brands. I usually get them from cointaker or pinball life. They are specific to spike games like GZ.

Got it. So I should be looking for a Stern 2 Spike compatible shaker

#6014 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Was cleaning my playfield and decided let’s get rid of these crap coil stops. After lifting the playfield I found a light at the bottom of the cabinet. Can someone please help me figure out where it came from? No service alerts or anything and not sure what test to run to figure out where this belongs. Thanks!
[quoted image]

You have to do a visual inspection unfortunately.

#6015 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Correct.

#6016 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

2 options here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/godzilla-stern.html

One from stern and one from pinball life

#6017 2 years ago
Quoted from Joker19:

2 options here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/godzilla-stern.html
One from stern and one from pinball life

I have bought Sterns and pinball life’s, can’t go wrong with either.

#6018 2 years ago

those aren't the same brand, so i can't speak to those. different LEDs, etc.

#6019 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

On my LE, I'm noticing that for the Destruction Jackpot, the ball is held on the left side of the magnet, and then it drops down to the left flipper as it should. But on Magnagrab, the ball is held more to the right in the middle of the magnet, and the ball is often released STDM. Anyone else seeing this?

Magna grab you hit both flippers to drop it where you want. If you let it time out then it drops wherever the ball is currently held.

#6020 2 years ago

I spoke with a support person today at Stern regarding the issue at least a couple of us have with the top half of the back wall ball guide not being flush with the bottom piece. He said he brought showed it to the mechanical engineer who said the way we have it is how it is designed.

I asked why it would be the case that on some machines the guide is flush. He said they were probably built at different times and that either is fine as the ball does not actually run along three guide, so it not being flush has no impact on the shot or trajectory.

I wasn't in a place to be able to check this out myself by rolling a ball through the shot and watching that top area with the glass off. Will do later when I'm able and hope to confirm what he communicated is the case.

#6021 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Found this in my Godzilla LE, no idea what it is from....
[quoted image]

Found two of those in my pro and no idea where they go

#6022 2 years ago
Quoted from rue_:

Found two of those in my pro and no idea where they go

Check the screws on the inside of the coin door.

#6023 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I had what might be a similar issue on my Jurassic Park. Game would start out fine with auto launch strength but then the launcher power would start to get crazy weak after a very short time. I powered down and then turned it back on awhile later. Same thing happened - started out fine then progressively got way weaker.
At first I replaced the coil sleeve and jiggled on the coil plunger and that fixed it. But then about a week later it happened again. So that time I jiggled & pushed on & reseated all the connection points from the coil to the board and it instantly went back to being 100% strength. It must have been a loose connection somewhere along that line causing it, but I don't know for sure which spot was the issue since I pushed on them all before testing it again. It fixed the issue though, and it's never happened again since then.
If this is similar to what you're experiencing then I'd suggest working a bit on each connection point from the auto launcher to the board to see if it resolves. Here's a post I made about it in the JP forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/93#post-5491214

Thx, that's a good strategy.

#6024 2 years ago

Good evening. Had several requests asking where I ordered the LED for Godzillas mouth. Here you go… not near my machine to snap any pics. Sorry.

Lights ordered from - www.evandesigns.com. - Just be aware that these things (the lights and the wire) are TINY.

I added some wire to the led pigtail so It would be easier pulling it thru the figure. The 8 inches that comes with the light is barely enough to get it all the way through and have enough to work with. To keep the drilled hole in the mouth as small as possible I did not want the rectifier to be pulled through so I ordered the “separated light set” which worked great.

I also did not want the the rectifier half of the separated set exposed so I used enough wire to run that to the back side of the backboard before “connecting” them. I also ran tube heatshrink along the entire length of wire so it is a bit more sturdy.

For the wire behind the backboard I attached a 12 volt female pigtail adapter and used a 12v wall wart (already had these on hand) and simply plugged that into the service outlet. I am aware there are multiple ways to grab power but this was the easiest for now. Used black gaffers tape to affix the wire to the back side of the back board. Because I used that pigtail connection it will be easy to disconnect if I ever need to pull the playfield.

You only need to drill a small hole in the roof of his mouth…if its to big the light will easily pull through. I affixed the light with a small piece of Gorilla double sided tape…. About 1/4 the size of a pencil eraser…if not smaller. I may add a dab of hot glue down the road.

Attached are pics of what I ordered (or had on hand) for the lighting. Other posts in this thread on the bank figure and painting it…

NOTE… I ordered the “flickering” lights but had to add that in the Special Instructions when I checked out. Really like that effect.

Thanks for the compliments. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

- Matt

I may experiment with alligator clipping to different lights on the playfield (spinner anyone?) to see varying styles… but really kinda like the always on flickering blue light.

9E829529-3ADD-4CFC-8102-098A172A911B (resized).png9E829529-3ADD-4CFC-8102-098A172A911B (resized).pngCB523133-ECC7-4D90-B4A3-8810DF5DE6DA (resized).pngCB523133-ECC7-4D90-B4A3-8810DF5DE6DA (resized).pngFDC28E0E-EB95-4B40-8688-0C04075E2C8B (resized).pngFDC28E0E-EB95-4B40-8688-0C04075E2C8B (resized).png
#6025 2 years ago

Finally got my side blades installed, the building facades from Mezel's as well as the Tesla strike towers from Tom (man, those things are awesome!).

PXL_20220107_000700778~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_000700778~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_000734036~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_000734036~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_000652032~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20220107_000652032~2 (resized).jpg

#6026 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

So after painting and installing the Godzilla bank figure last week… I decided to add a small, “flickering” LED in the roof of his mouth. Really pleased… looks fantastic in person… but kinda washed out in the photos. Think it ties in real nice with the “blue flame” on the game artwork.
Total cost was about $20 bucks.
All the room lights are on in the bottom picture and the spotlight is aimed directly on GZ. I actually moved it more towards the building to the right. Like it a bit more that way. No LED in that pic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Can you please share a link to the led you used? Tie into GI?

#6027 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

those aren't the same brand, so i can't speak to those. different LEDs, etc.

I have them and they are good. I wouldn’t spend double on them from nitro. That’s stupid and over kill. Comet LEDs are great. And good prices.

#6028 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I spoke with a support person today at Stern regarding the issue at least a couple of us have with the top half of the back wall ball guide not being flush with the bottom piece. He said he brought showed it to the mechanical engineer who said the way we have it is how it is designed.
I asked why it would be the case that on some machines the guide is flush. He said they were probably built at different times and that either is fine as the ball does not actually run along three guide, so it not being flush has no impact on the shot or trajectory.
I wasn't in a place to be able to check this out myself by rolling a ball through the shot and watching that top area with the glass off. Will do later when I'm able and hope to confirm what he communicated is the case.

Thanks for the report. I plan to do the same to take a close look, maybe take a slow mo video, to see how it rolls back there. Thanks again.

#6029 2 years ago

Just stopping by to say hi! After a 6 plus hour trip last night, I am officially part of the GZ club. Got our pro home and setup late last night.

#6031 2 years ago

So, i've thought about it for a while, and kind of always wanted to do this....and ultimately I decided to do it on this game...
...to re-think the Pinstadiums.

So I had a set of Pinstadium Neo's from a prior game.
Over the years, I've been less inclined to have those strips on the sides.
Sure, Scott makes a great product (and his customer service is top notch), but my tastes have just changed (and I have been using more spotlights instead of stadium lighting and enjoying the subtle shadows the game gives with just a touch more light where I want it...also, I have been tiring of taking down those strips, putting back up, taking down again to put back up, take down again, etc etc, etc every single time I need to pull the playfield...ugh...I digress...).

So, this morning I decided to take the Pinstadium strips off of their ong L-shaped plastic bases (and in this maneuver I opted to exclude/cut the white dimmable strip, and then I trimmed the color changing strips as well as the UV strips on both sides).

I then saved the diffuser that came with the Neo's and cut them to spec for the 2 strips I would have at the back of the pf (out of view, but gives the color coming from the strip a nice softer glow).

Since there's no backboard bulbs on this game, for one side of the Pinstadiums (2 strips; color + UV) I decided to place the long color-changing strip with diffuser high on the backboard (above the subway and noodle buildings; and completely out of view when playfield is in position), and a long UV strip (also with diffuser) underneath the back glass channel facing down.
...and with the other side of the Pinstadium (2 strips; color and UV), I trimmed the color-changing one under the pf to highlight the scoop (which is nice as its color jives with the color coming from the backboard), and placed the UV strip (trimmed to just 2 lights) behind the bridge facing Godzilla.

I opted on a warm yellow-orange'ish red (if that's a color, haha) for the color changers, which hook to GI as usual, and tied the UV into the spinner flasher.
Cool thing about the UV hook-up (which photographs a little bit more intense than it is in reality, or so it seems) is now when I rip the spinner, not only do tdiddy 's Tesla towers flash (along with Mezel's building fire hook-up), but a wild UV electric glow pulsates the back 1/3 of the playfield, catching all kinds of cool angles. Truly looks electric!!!
ps 1 (resized).jpgps 1 (resized).jpgps 2 (resized).jpgps 2 (resized).jpgps 3 (resized).jpgps 3 (resized).jpgps 4 (resized).jpgps 4 (resized).jpgps 5 (resized).jpgps 5 (resized).jpgps 6 (resized).jpgps 6 (resized).jpgps 7 (resized).jpgps 7 (resized).jpg

#6032 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Finally got my side blades installed, the building facades from Mezel's as well as the Tesla strike towers from Tom (man, those things are awesome!).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That playfield is badass.

#6033 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Bingo! Thank you for the help! [quoted image]

With all the negative bashing, etc. that goes on in forums, THIS is an example of how great they can be. That's pretty cool.

#6034 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

2122111¹12th½21½1 12th¹1st¹11 11th 21½¹11 2nd¹

You can't go wrong either way with Keiths games... thats where keith being an operator & tournament player comes into play 100% he knows that both operators and tournament players will want to have his games both on location and in home so he will never make a game that's an operators nightmare to fix!
I own all his premiums despite not physically having IM prem yet but I will hopefully get it in 2022. I loved how well the pro GZ shot when I played it at pintastic NE this past year but I had went in on his Premium machine well before it was announced and had taken delivery of my prem before Pintastic weekend. Having played both of them it's not missing anything ruleset wise that you'd miss from the premium and the shots all flow phenomenally just like the premium game but you just dont get the diversion from the bridge or building like prem which for some is not necessarily needed. I love the moments that it creates in the gameplay but thats inly from a home ownership standpoint and on location those moments actually keep players coming back to see it one more time! But listen you've got the best damn game made in the last year for sure! JP is still the best game of the millennium in my opinion! Shots,storyline,ruleset,artwork from premium game its just such a INCREDIBLE GAME! GODZILLA MAY HAVE IT BEAT BY THE END OF IT'S CODE CYCLE BUT WE WILL SEE! [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice buttons, baby.

#6035 2 years ago

Finally gave in and bought some Tilt game blades. I think they look really good in the machine and add to that "world under glass" aspect. While I was there I picked up a shooter plate, flipper button guards, flipper toppers, and a new pingulp. I am a fan of most of it, but will be taking the flipper button guards off unless I am taking my pin to a free play event.

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg
#6036 2 years ago
Quoted from Terpslurps:

Awesome, thank you!!

Your welcome. Glad to help.

#6037 2 years ago

So who all sells game blades for this now? Wizard, Tilt, and eventually Stern?

#6038 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

So who all sells game blades for this now? Wizard, Tilt, and eventually Stern?

2/3 isn’t bad lol. I have the wizard ones and look great. Really good quality. I did not want to wait for stern to release them. They can’t even get Mando premiums out from or shooter rod. Forget about the topper at this point.

#6039 2 years ago

Hi all,

I have around 500 plays on my LE and am getting flipper fade and need some advice. I've contacted a couple of the most prominent parts suppliers I've seen on Pinside, but am getting differing info, so not sure what to do.

One place told me the part numbers are 090-5030 and 090-5032 as per the Stern manual. But a Pinsider advised me to avoid those since they'd be similar to the low quality stock ones the machine came with.

Another place told me to get part "Stern/Sega 515-6308-01" from them. So not sure what to do. Also not sure if I need to get coil stops, coil sleeves, or both. So if someone who has already done this replacement could tell me what they ordered and from whom, I'd much appreciate it. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

#6041 2 years ago

Hey there. Happy New Year to everyone. As far as the coil stops everyone complains about, are you changing ALL coil stops, just the flipper coil stops, or only as necessary? Thanks. Have a good day.

#6042 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

2/3 isn’t bad lol. I have the wizard ones and look great. Really good quality. I did not want to wait for stern to release them. They can’t even get Mando premiums out from or shooter rod. Forget about the topper at this point.

I think i like those better too, the monsters are actually on there, the TILT ones are just cityscape - but they look good too! I just prefer more monsters!

#6043 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey there. Happy New Year to everyone. As far as the coil stops everyone complains about, are you changing ALL coil stops, just the flipper coil stops, or only as necessary? Thanks. Have a good day.

Flippers only.

#6044 2 years ago

Thanks. I noticed those are for coil stops. Do I also need coil sleeves? Also, does that part fit on both the upper and lower flippers so I just need to order three of those?

#6045 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Thanks. I noticed those are for coil stops. Do I also need coil sleeves? Also, does that part fit on both the upper and lower flippers so I just need to order three of those?

Sleeves are cheap enough do them at the same time.

#6046 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Every single flipper takes these stops. All stern and sega games since like 2000s easy peasy. Buy spares.

#6047 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Yeah, the Pinball Life coil stops have been good for 4000+ games in my Deadpool and 3000+ in my AIQ so far. I also change the sleeves, both are cheap and super easy.

Some other coil stops in the machine are not changeable or not easily changeable (I don't have my GZ Premium yet, but in my other Stern machines this is the case).

#6048 2 years ago

Don’t touch any coil stops that aren’t on the flippers. It’s not necessary.

#6049 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t touch any coil stops that aren’t on the flippers. It’s not necessary.

Yeah, haven't encountered any other coil stop related issues through the years, other than on flippers.

#6050 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I think i like those better too, the monsters are actually on there, the TILT ones are just cityscape - but they look good too! I just prefer more monsters!

That’s why I went with wizard. Colors match the playfield better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/121?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.