IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 547.
#5951 2 years ago

I’m sticking this in on account of it’s awesome and I’m stupid.

E07FB537-19B4-42DE-A8F3-99D614966674 (resized).jpegE07FB537-19B4-42DE-A8F3-99D614966674 (resized).jpegFAFD661D-4222-4204-88C8-5C1FD61FBDF2 (resized).pngFAFD661D-4222-4204-88C8-5C1FD61FBDF2 (resized).png
#5952 2 years ago

I would install that version in a flash. GOLD!!

#5953 2 years ago

Has stern revealed the inner art blades or shooter yet?

#5954 2 years ago

the shooter they leaked in one of the videos:

Unknown-4 (resized).jpgUnknown-4 (resized).jpg

The blades, not seen anything yet, but also want them for the game at Flip Out.

#5955 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

So after painting and installing the Godzilla bank figure last week… I decided to add a small, “flickering” LED in the roof of his mouth. Really pleased… looks fantastic in person… but kinda washed out in the photos. Think it ties in real nice with the “blue flame” on the game artwork.
Total cost was about $20 bucks.
All the room lights are on in the bottom picture and the spotlight is aimed directly on GZ. I actually moved it more towards the building to the right. Like it a bit more that way. No LED in that pic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! What led did you use?

#5956 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m sticking this in on account of it’s awesome and I’m stupid.
[quoted image][quoted image]

as an owner of the original, I approve

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I would install that version in a flash. GOLD!!

You could also add these guys to go with "cookie-zilla". Brought to you by the letter A.

o2l2cxjq6kj71 (resized).pngo2l2cxjq6kj71 (resized).png

#5958 2 years ago

Is this shooter gonna light up? It looks solid.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

#5959 2 years ago

It looks like an easter egg!

Quoted from nocreditdot:

Is this shooter gonna light up? It looks solid.

#5960 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

I got a Godzilla eye from cointaker. I’m hoping it’s not garbage.

Also, thanks for answering question on the blades...

Also also... does any shaker motor for stern 2 work? Or does it have to say it’s for Godzilla? All games so far I’ve just searched gameroom guys for name of pin and shaker and they send it. I kind of want to install the shaker when I get it next week at the same time.

#5961 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

It looks like an easter egg!

it's mothra's egg, that's identical to how it looks in most movies, etc:

#5962 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

The blades are shown at the bottom of this page.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/stern-pinball-announces-godzilla-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

does any shaker motor for stern 2 work? Or does it have to say it’s for Godzilla? All games so far I’ve just searched gameroom guys for name of pin and shaker and they send it. I kind of want to install the shaker when I get it next week at the same time.

There are several options, but for myself and for many others, the shaker motors by Pinball Life designed for Spike/Spike 2 systems work very nicely, are easy to install and have a good feel.

#5964 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Looks great! What led did you use?

I used this one… had to specify “flickering” at the time of order as it wasn’t an option listed.

Fun website to bump around on and pretty helpful videos on many products.

Edit… my link didn’t post? Sorry. I added a new post down the page a bit as so many folks pm’d me…

https://evandesigns.com/products/separated-7-19-v-ac-led?variant=30363467120688

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I used this one… had to specify “flickering” at the time of order as it wasn’t an option listed.
Fun website to bump around on and pretty helpful videos on many products.

I think you missed posting a link.

#5966 2 years ago

Okay I see that. I still don’t like the look. I’m going with the AIQ one as others have done.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

it's mothra's egg, that's identical to how it looks in most movies, etc:[quoted image]

#5967 2 years ago

Special shot out to that awesome "mothra" ball save call out in this game. Absolutely LOVE it.

#5968 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Special shot out to that awesome "mothra" ball save call out in this game. Absolutely LOVE it.

haha yes! So hard not to sing with it every time it happens. MOOOOOTHRAAAAA!!!

#5969 2 years ago

I pick that as my ally almost every time just to hear the call out. Haha

#5970 2 years ago

Got a new issue...

#5971 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Got a new issue...

you'll probably need to adjust the building height settings in the menu, so it lowers far enough to release the ball

#5972 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

you'll probably need to adjust the building height settings in the menu, so it lowers far enough to release the ball

yes I think so too, probably just a bit too high, now to find out how...

EDIT: it's explained in the manual, the setting is fairly easy to do, the mechanical part (building seems to be a bit crooked, so the left part is higher than the right) is somewhat more complicated.

The plate kind of misses the bolt that is supposed to open it because the building leans over to the right. But to adjust you need to check if the building is level in the back, and it is hard to reach without dismantling some stuff.

And I guess that only works when the playfield is flat, and then it is pretty difficult to reach the bolts to level it.

#5973 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Any speculation on what Godzilla Power Ups will eventually do?
Also, this game needs something to help differentiate the cities. They’re pretty much all the same right now.

I think there's a unique combo per city, but that's about it. If there was something more to it, they'd probably have to add something that lets you choose a starting city.

I'll bet the powerups become something like placeable shot multipliers. There's already the add a ball ally, but maybe a ball save/button based ball save powerup?

#5974 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I think there's a unique combo per city, but that's about it. If there was something more to it, they'd probably have to add something that lets you choose a starting city.

There's 3? per city and 10? of them awards and EB on current code I think.

I don't think differentiating them wildly is really the point, as you're definitely going to have to either control or destroy all of them to go to planet x. It's just another thing to progress.

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

These are all great suggestions and I’ll add one more that I haven’t seen mentioned yet. I have found that the return spring on the plunger is weak on all my Sterns. I believe this can make the auto launch inconsistent due to the mech not being returned to the same state each time after launching the ball.
I have yet to find a good replacement spring (I usually try a couple new ones each time I order parts). In the meantime I stretch the stock spring out a bit and put it back in the mech. Seems to help quit a bit. Something easy to try.

Late night. Still too early for me to try all of the suggestions, but I did notice that the return spring was very weak. The soldered connection looked good, was working fine until all of a sudden a big drop off in power.

#5976 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Late night. Still too early for me to try all of the suggestions, but I did notice that the return spring was very weak. The soldered connection looked good, was working fine until all of a sudden a big drop off in power.

If you have an iron I would just reflow the solder anyway for the few seconds it takes just to make sure there isn't a cold joint there undetected. A quick drop in power can be a cold joint very easily, among others too but we start easy first

#5977 2 years ago

Found my coin door keychain….

3D6A93C2-1F6D-42EB-AA2B-B492386128E7 (resized).jpeg3D6A93C2-1F6D-42EB-AA2B-B492386128E7 (resized).jpeg
#5978 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Got a new issue...

Most likely need to calibrate the building. Check out link below. Could possibly be an obstruction as well. Make sure nothing is getting pinched around the mech. I had to route the main wire run away from mine because it was getting in the way.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/90#post-6650356

#5979 2 years ago

Hi all,

I'm looking to get some flipper coils from Pinball Life and Terry wants to know the part numbers. Does anyone have those handy? Thanks.

#5980 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,
I'm looking to get some flipper coils from Pinball Life and Terry wants to know the part numbers. Does anyone have those handy? Thanks.

Coils or coil stops?

#5982 2 years ago

For those that were looking for these... Flaming Speaker Light kits are available for purchase. No indication of when you'll get them but they are there:
https://speakerlightkits.com/Type-14.html

#5983 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Coils or coil stops?

No idea. I'm not electrical savvy....just whatever people are getting to combat flipper fade. I have about 500 games on my LE and starting to feel it.

#5984 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

No idea. I'm not electrical savvy....just whatever people are getting to combat flipper fade. I have about 500 games on my LE and starting to feel it.

The manual says 090-5032-ND COIL (lower)

090-5030-ND COIL (upper)

Are those the ones to get?

#5985 2 years ago

So no side armor coming? Topper who knows when that will come out, Mandolarian still hasn’t had one teased yet. Stern should contract out their accessories imo. Saw the cointaker shooter rod but don’t care just to have the eye.

#5986 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

New coils won't help flipper fade. You probably need new coil stops if you are at 500 games played. Otherwise PinMonk has flipper coil cooling fans available that do help with long play sessions.

#5987 2 years ago

Modfather has this shooter rod, but not totally thrilled with it either.

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/godzilla/products/godzilla-character-head-shooter

EB6E2233-066A-474B-8AA6-5620F612A1C1 (resized).pngEB6E2233-066A-474B-8AA6-5620F612A1C1 (resized).png
#5988 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Got a new issue...

check under the playfield and make nothing is blocking the building from going all the way down

#5989 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I pick that as my ally almost every time just to hear the call out. Haha

Me too and singing it all the way!!

#5990 2 years ago

for those of you with tesla coil mods, keep an eye on the legs...this one busted on my coil, and i haven't touched them since installing, so i'm guessing it caught a flying ball at some point...i don't see the leg anywhere on my playfield, either

brokenmod (resized).pngbrokenmod (resized).png
#5991 2 years ago

also, got the blue brite buttons, think they look really good next to the premium artwork:

#5992 2 years ago

On my LE, I'm noticing that for the Destruction Jackpot, the ball is held on the left side of the magnet, and then it drops down to the left flipper as it should. But on Magnagrab, the ball is held more to the right in the middle of the magnet, and the ball is often released STDM. Anyone else seeing this?

#5993 2 years ago

I have the Stern shaker. Both are good and come down to preference IMHO. Neither will adversely affect your motherboard.

Quoted from troon47:

On my LE, I'm noticing that for the Destruction Jackpot, the ball is held on the left side of the magnet, and then it drops down to the left flipper as it should. But on Magnagrab, the ball is held more to the right in the middle of the magnet, and the ball is often released STDM. Anyone else seeing this?

That is interesting. On my Premium, the ball is held in the same spot on the left for both.

#5994 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

i've noticed for destruction jackpot, the ball seems to be held stronger, as it stops moving much more quickly, while with the magna grab, it still wiggles a bit. I wonder if it's not set for as strong of a grip, which is causing it to be further down the locking area?

#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I had what might be a similar issue on my Jurassic Park. Game would start out fine with auto launch strength but then the launcher power would start to get crazy weak after a very short time. I powered down and then turned it back on awhile later. Same thing happened - started out fine then progressively got way weaker.

At first I replaced the coil sleeve and jiggled on the coil plunger and that fixed it. But then about a week later it happened again. So that time I jiggled & pushed on & reseated all the connection points from the coil to the board and it instantly went back to being 100% strength. It must have been a loose connection somewhere along that line causing it, but I don't know for sure which spot was the issue since I pushed on them all before testing it again. It fixed the issue though, and it's never happened again since then.

If this is similar to what you're experiencing then I'd suggest working a bit on each connection point from the auto launcher to the board to see if it resolves. Here's a post I made about it in the JP forum:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/93#post-5491214

#5996 2 years ago

2122111¹12th½21½1 12th¹1st¹11 11th 21½¹11 2nd¹

Quoted from ChipScott:

I have been loving my pro.
Nice thing about all of these Keith Elwin games in pro version is that all the shots are there and all the ramps are metal.
I have had the opportunity to play the LE, and while the extra features are cool, no doubt, just didn't seem to do it for me at the price points these days.
I'm glad I went pro for the house. I used the extra cash to get all the mods, bells and whistles I wanted and still have cash left over for other stuff.

You can't go wrong either way with Keiths games... thats where keith being an operator & tournament player comes into play 100% he knows that both operators and tournament players will want to have his games both on location and in home so he will never make a game that's an operators nightmare to fix!
I own all his premiums despite not physically having IM prem yet but I will hopefully get it in 2022. I loved how well the pro GZ shot when I played it at pintastic NE this past year but I had went in on his Premium machine well before it was announced and had taken delivery of my prem before Pintastic weekend. Having played both of them it's not missing anything ruleset wise that you'd miss from the premium and the shots all flow phenomenally just like the premium game but you just dont get the diversion from the bridge or building like prem which for some is not necessarily needed. I love the moments that it creates in the gameplay but thats inly from a home ownership standpoint and on location those moments actually keep players coming back to see it one more time! But listen you've got the best damn game made in the last year for sure! JP is still the best game of the millennium in my opinion! Shots,storyline,ruleset,artwork from premium game its just such a INCREDIBLE GAME! GODZILLA MAY HAVE IT BEAT BY THE END OF IT'S CODE CYCLE BUT WE WILL SEE!

VideoCapture_20211208-205212 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20211208-205212 (resized).jpg20200915_203439 (resized).jpg20200915_203439 (resized).jpg
#5997 2 years ago

Man, March can't get here quick enough... hopefully my day one ordered Premium will be delivered then!!!

#5998 2 years ago

I wish the Godzilla eye shooter rod was encased in epoxy so it was just a round sphere as opposed to a molded thing that will feel weird when plunging. I also don't want the Easter egg so I guess I am staying with the stock one for now.

rs=w-600,h-600 (resized).jpgrs=w-600,h-600 (resized).jpg
#5999 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

also, got the blue brite buttons, think they look really good next to the premium artwork:
[quoted image]

Blue looks great! Where can I get these?

#6000 2 years ago

Was cleaning my playfield and decided let’s get rid of these crap coil stops. After lifting the playfield I found a light at the bottom of the cabinet. Can someone please help me figure out where it came from? No service alerts or anything and not sure what test to run to figure out where this belongs. Thanks!

B3800C4D-F65B-42B2-952B-B62080967DC8 (resized).jpegB3800C4D-F65B-42B2-952B-B62080967DC8 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/120?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.