20220125_113321 (resized).jpg
D4044C27-A2E7-450C-A003-1DCE9DF3B828 (resized).jpeg
20220124_163345 (resized).jpg
20220124_141625 (resized).jpg
20220124_141615 (resized).jpg
Image from iOS (4) (resized).jpg
image_from_ios (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 137.
#551 3 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

From my experience it seems like .79 is much better. I’ve got mine on location and I had magnet issues before this latest update.
All good now.
Using .76 as the baseline seems a little misleading since the magnet behavior in .79 is probably what people will experience. I get that .76 will probably show the effects of the fan the most though.

.77 is the baseline only so I have a before/after comparison to see what kind of improvement the magnet handling changes made. .79 stock will be tested and posted next, then I'll do .79 with active cooling.

#552 3 months ago

Just finished playing a couple hours on the LE and didn’t have any magnet issues.
Couldn’t make many shots I was aiming for, but the magnet was definitely not an issue!

#553 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Just finished playing a couple hours on the LE and didn’t have any magnet issues.
Couldn’t make many shots I was aiming for, but the magnet was definitely not an issue!

I imagine prem/le owners won’t have an issue since it’s physically locking the balls instead of holding them with the magnet like the pro use to do

#554 3 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I imagine prem/le owners won’t have an issue since it’s physically locking the balls instead of holding them with the magnet like the pro use to do

Yeah, those lengthy ball holds you can watch the temps go up on a pro.

#555 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, those lengthy ball holds you can watch the temps go up on a pro.

The next code version you try will only hold the ball when MB starts. No more holding each locked ball.

#556 3 months ago

Anyone have a shot map for the premium/LE? Maybe one that shows in a different color the alternate paths available once diverted through the building and elsewhere?

#557 3 months ago

Dr. Pinball has spoken.

#558 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Thanks for the update. What code are you running?

Congrats on your early arrival...waiting for an LE myself

#559 3 months ago

Any LE unboxing pics?

#560 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Can we assume there is at least 184 of them in the wild?

I got a custom number less than 184 and don't have shipping details yet. My distributor did say Stern advised LE's are starting to ship this week though.

#561 3 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any LE unboxing pics?

Sorry, I didn't take any more after receiving my game. Then ShinyNick did a great job with his unboxing stuff so I focused on moving the game in, setting it up, then putting some games on it.
First thing's first: Keith Elwin is a fraud!
My game didn't play anywhere NEAR as smooth as when he played it on the release video!
: )
Love the variety of shots. Thought I'd be in love with the ramps/ball returns, but I think I enjoyed hitting the mechagodzilla spinner the most. Not sure if it's heavier than normal, but it spins forever on a clean shot. I found the left ramp was much more difficulty to hit than I expected but so rewarding when you do. Managed to loop the right orbit from the upper flipper only twice. Still trying to figure that one out. So... many... misses...
My buddy trapped the ball on the left flipper and tried to see how a post pass would work. The ball hopped straight into the right outlane. So... we didn't post pass after that.
Great game overall. Still figuring out the rules but I like what I see so far. Elwin's a genius. If a player has 2 balls locked in the tower and another player locks a ball, the tower lifts up so that the ball just continues to flow along the ramp. I thought that was really neat.
Looking forward to getting more games in on this one and figuring out what to do using the Insider Connected app.
Everything just lined up today. I woke up and checked email before the morning rituals and saw an email from my distributor one minute after he sent it, telling me the game would be in today. My brother was able to pick it up nice and early and bring it on by, while I was working away from home.
Only reason I'm explaining this is because I feel so fortunate not to have had a heads up on this one. I wouldn't have slept a wink last night.
It's worth the wait fellas! Hang in there. They're on their way and your city wont be the same once it arrives!

#562 3 months ago

So LE are starting to ship. When are the premiums supposed to start shipping?

#563 3 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

So LE are starting to ship. When are the premiums supposed to start shipping?

The current best guess is that Premium production will begin around the first of November.

#564 3 months ago

I just received notice that my LE is drop shipping from Stern today!

#565 3 months ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Congrats! Did your distributor arranged for direct shipping from Stern? Post some pics when you get it!

#566 3 months ago
Quoted from Madkao:

Congrats! Did your distributor arranged for direct shipping from Stern? Post some pics when you get it!

Yes and I will!

#567 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Any practitioner of the first Delphic maxim can't be bad.

Redemption.

I gonna make believe I don't know what that means

#568 3 months ago

We are happy to announce and release our Godzilla (Pro version) Train Bridge mod. We went with this design because we feel that it matches better with the in game video and era of Godzilla films.This mod is resin based printed in multiple pieces to attain high details. The model is hand painted and weathered for the utmost realistic look. The bride will also come with a red led to under light it and will tie into the red G.I.....and it comes with bushes!

We intend to also make this version for PREMIUM/LE owners in the future !!!

20211020_103935 (resized).jpg20211020_103947 (resized).jpg20211020_104000 (resized).jpg20211020_104633 (resized).jpg20211020_104643 (resized).jpg20211020_104653 (resized).jpg20211020_104703 (resized).jpg

#569 3 months ago

You would think lower number we paid for would ship first. I think I’m 60 or something

#570 3 months ago

My distro said their LE allotment will all be sent to them first and then will go out to buyers. They indicate its more cost effective as Stern charges to drop ship.... who knows.....

#571 3 months ago

When someone gets a chance I would like to know how the shaker is in this game. Post video if you could please. Shaker could be a must for a Kaiju game.

#572 3 months ago

I think it’s around 150-200 for stern the drop ship. Paid it once because thought it was stupid to go from Chicago to Washington state back to Ohio.

#573 3 months ago

We are happy to announce our "Tesla Strike" Mod....this Mod is currently under development and in testing. The plan is to light the tops of all 3 towers and have them flash off the Tesla spinner. This is not the final version but we are getting close so stay turned.

This mod will fit all three versions of the game

Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S

20211020_172425 (resized).jpg20211020_172431 (resized).jpg20211020_172459 (resized).jpg
#574 3 months ago

That mod looks awesome. Let us know when ready

#575 3 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We are happy to announce our "Tesla Strike" Mod....this Mod is currently under development and in testing. The plan is to light the tops of all 3 towers and have them flash off the Tesla spinner. This is not the final version but we are getting close so stay turned.
This mod will fit all three versions of the game
Thanks again!
Tom Deister
DIDDY'S MOD'S
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really making me considering a pro. Love the mods!!

#576 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Really making me considering a pro. Love the mods!!

I'm interested in trying the Prem/LE now, but the Pro is a flow monster. Really fun to shoot and flowy combo chains all over the place. I can't imagine people being disappointed with the way it shoots. Very fun.

#577 3 months ago

I played the hell out of this over the weekend at California Extreme. The pro was good enough for me to order a premium without playing the premium. I’m super excited.

#578 3 months ago

Do any of you guys know of any distributors that still have premiums from this first run? Please PM If you do.

Mike

#579 3 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Do any of you guys know of any distributors that still have premiums from this first run?

Unfortunately I think that ship sailed long ago.

#580 3 months ago

Time to pay respect to the original (at least the American version):

https://drafthouse.com/show/gojira-4k-restoration

Already sold out in my neck of the woods so enjoy if you can catch it - Gojira, 1954, restored in all its brillance.

#581 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm interested in trying the Prem/LE now, but the Pro is a flow monster. Really fun to shoot and flowy combo chains all over the place. I can't imagine people being disappointed with the way it shoots. Very fun.

Been playing mine since it arrived on Monday, fantastic game. As you say, a ton of flow, the shots are smooth and satisfying. Only shot that gives me trouble is the hairpin just to the left of the building as a hard shot often takes it sdtm. The code has a long way to go, but the bones are there and it’s going to be one of sterns best. It feels like a cross between DP and maiden, likely because the same people are involved with both games (ZY and KE). I also find I get the same satisfaction from GZ as I do from my jp prem. I’d guess the breakaway bridge will be really cool on the Prem/le, but the Pro should not be looked down on.

#582 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Been playing mine since it arrived on Monday, fantastic game. As you say, a ton of flow, the shots are smooth and satisfying. Only shot that gives me trouble is the hairpin just to the left of the building as a hard shot often takes it sdtm. The code has a long way to go, but the bones are there and it’s going to be one of sterns best. It feels like a cross between DP and maiden, likely because the same people are involved with both games (ZY and KE). I also find I get the same satisfaction from GZ as I do from my jp prem. I’d guess the breakaway bridge will be really cool on the Prem/le, but the Pro should not be looked down on.

Now that you have it and have played a bunch of games....does that hairpin to the left of the building actually do anything in the code? Like, does it give out jackpots or increase a counter to something or ?

#583 3 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Now that you have it and have played a bunch of games....does that hairpin to the left of the building actually do anything in the code? Like, does it give out jackpots or increase a counter to something or ?

I believe I got a double super jackpot for shooting the building backwards vs normal super jackpot.. but it was in realtime and I don't know the full rules to confirm that or not.

#584 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I agree and although I'm in on an LE, when I first saw the pro and everyone loved the prem/le, I said don't sleep on that pro b/c it looks great! Happy to hear you're comparing this to JP prem b/c that is my #1 still of all time.

Can you confirm if you can hit that top right ramp with the left top flipper? I keep on hearing diff answers.

#585 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you confirm if you can hit that top right ramp with the left top flipper? I keep on hearing diff answers.

I've played 3 different pros and none can make that shot, I don't believe its possible. I spent one game doing nothing but trying to get that to work, but I think the upper flipper is solely for the loop and the side shot that goes above the pop bumper

#586 3 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I've played 3 different pros and none can make that shot, I don't believe its possible. I spent one game doing nothing but trying to get that to work, but I think the upper flipper is solely for the loop and the side shot that goes above the pop bumper

Same here. I put about a 20 games in and tried multiple times to hit that shot with no success.

#587 3 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Do you think it would have been make able if they used the aiq banana ramp?

#588 3 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think you guys will lose interest in that shot being makeable from the upper flipper once you understand the code better. When you flip the upper left flipper, it’s usually for something more special than just another right ramp shot.
If the ball is held by the magnet, you usually want to hit the repeatable loop for big points. Also, the lower “tail whip” shot that goes a little lower, into the mechagodzilla area. To spend that flip on a regular right ramp shot would be considered a waste.
My two cents anyway.

Love this game. It’s still very challenging and game times are mostly short. One thing that I appreciate is how many fun shots there are. Like, it’s far too easy to ignore score and strategy and just try for the spinner under the left flipper, or to aim for ramp combos, or upper flipper loops.

#589 3 months ago

the above makes a lot of sense

#590 3 months ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Same! Looks like my LE is due in tomorrow. Super excited!

#591 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I agree and although I'm in on an LE, when I first saw the pro and everyone loved the prem/le, I said don't sleep on that pro b/c it looks great! Happy to hear you're comparing this to JP prem b/c that is my #1 still of all time.

Don’t think I’ve made that shot.

#592 3 months ago

Curious about ordering from Stern Direct website, it’s a first for me. Does anyone have knowledge if they send tracking information, do they use a specific carrier? Anyone with any insight, please let me know what to anticipate.

#593 3 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No, the ball just seems to lose energy. You can make it halfway up the ramp all day long from the upper flipper. But besides multiball jackpots, I wouldn't be aiming from the ramp from there anyway.

I'm aiming for loops, tailwhip, or mechzilla target.

#594 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, the ball just seems to lose energy. You can make it halfway up the ramp all day long from the upper flipper. But besides multiball jackpots, I wouldn't be aiming from the ramp from there anyway.
I'm aiming for loops, tailwhip, or mechzilla target.

Confirmed that you CAN make the right ramp from the upper flipper!
(This is in no way a claim that I did so intentionally)

#595 3 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Same! Looks like my LE is due in tomorrow. Super excited!

Mine wont arrive until Monday at the earliest

#596 3 months ago

I just got Godzilla pro, connected it to the Wi-Fi, tested the connection, and still I can’t get it to scan my QR code. Is there something I am missing?

#597 3 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just got Godzilla pro, connected it to the Wi-Fi, tested the connection, and still I can’t get it to scan my QR code. Is there something I am missing?

You have to register the pin first.

#598 3 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You have to register the pin first.

I found it! Ty!

#599 3 months ago

Could you connect noise canceling headphones via Bluetooth with new stern connect?

#600 3 months ago

New firmware just dropped... v0.80

There are 6,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside