Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 547.
#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

2300. That math seems wrong.

If he meant Premium to Pro that's about right. MSRP is $2100 difference and would be $2200+ after factoring in sales tax.

#5902 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I have 5 Sterns and all have Stern shakers. It's not to say that Pinball Life are bad or wrong, or will do anything to your machine etc.(they are probably coming out of the same factory in China and may be exactly the same) But there is only a $10-$25 difference in price depending on where you get them. But again to each there own, funds accessibility etc. - I don't honestly think one is any better than the other or put you at any greater risk of trouble with your machine etc.
Something to note about the Stern shakers though - they come with 2 ferrite isolation blocks, some wire ties for a clean install, and an inline capacitor that says it helps with mysterious triggering of the tilt bob with the shaker installed. HOWEVER - not all Sterns need the inline capacitor as noted in their newer shaker install instructions.
Given the extra stuff and Stern may void a warranty - it may not be worth saving the $10-$25.. JMO

Stern: do you have a shaker installed?
Me: no.

#5903 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Stern: do you have a shaker installed?
Me: no.

Very true - I have no idea how they do their warranty work..

#5904 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

FWIW, on my LE (perfect side to side level, as measured with an electronic level) I've had SDTM issues from day 1. I ended up putting a piece of thick clear tape toward the exit on the right side of the chute, to nudge the balls toward the left flipper
I suspect there may be small variations in how the whole building assembly is mounted to the playfield (if so, some washers to adjust the side to side angle of the building may do the trick?)

Place one of these on the platform where the balls dump onto ….

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-8-in-Self-Adhesive-Clear-Surface-Bumpers-16-per-Pack-49964/203661136

#5905 2 years ago

Hi,

I installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze together with the Pinstadium Neo to my Godzilla Premium today. This is my first pinball machine and therefore also my first mods. I wanted to get everything top notch so I ordered these mods (plus pinwoofer - not yet installed).

I followed all instructions from the videos and the posts from this thread. Everything appeared to work but then I realized that the building doesn’t move anymore and going into the service menu I received the following technician alert: check switch #64.

The Pinstadium is connected to GI #162 as suggested in post 3737 as well as to the shaker motor. They work as intended (like).

The Tibetan breeze also seems to work as indicated by the humming.

Any advice for a freshman would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any contributions.

6DB18C7A-96F6-408A-BCCD-408DB03B2DEC (resized).jpeg6DB18C7A-96F6-408A-BCCD-408DB03B2DEC (resized).jpeg
#5906 2 years ago

Was hoping that the RUSH announcement today would also mean that the Stern shop would finally be updated with GZ accessories.

WRONG

#5907 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Hi,
I installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze together with the Pinstadium Neo to my Godzilla Premium today. This is my first pinball machine and therefore also my first mods. I wanted to get everything top notch so I ordered these mods (plus pinwoofer - not yet installed).
I followed all instructions from the videos and the posts from this thread. Everything appeared to work but then I realized that the building doesn’t move anymore and going into the service menu I received the following technician alert: check switch #64.
The Pinstadium is connected to GI #162 as suggested in post 3737 as well as to the shaker motor. They work as intended (like).
The Tibetan breeze also seems to work as indicated by the humming.
Any advice for a freshman would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any contributions.
[quoted image]

Do you have the coin door closed or the interlock switch pulled out? Doesn’t look like your interlock switch is engaged. That powers all the coils.

#5908 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have the coin door closed or the interlock switch pulled out? Doesn’t look like your interlock switch is engaged. That powers all the coils.

Thank you, Chuckwurt, I can play, that’s not the issue. The only thing is there will not be a Godzilla multiball because the building doesn’t move down so the balls won’t lock even when lock is lit. But all the flippers are working so I assume all coils are working? I have to admit I’m not sure that I know what the interlock is.

#5909 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

It's not just Stern. I ordered a new Ford Aug 2nd. Still waiting for it to be built. It's behind schedule. Parts shortages are holding up more than just our pinball machines.

I had similar car-buying experiences. I had a 15 month wait for my C8 Corvette. And I ordered a 20200 VW GTI in October as a second car, and they're now telling me (maybe) April.

#5910 2 years ago
Quoted from EvilChicken:

Thank you, Chuckwurt, I can play, that’s not the issue. The only thing is there will not be a Godzilla multiball because the building doesn’t move down so the balls won’t lock even when lock is lit. But all the flippers are working so I assume all coils are working? I have to admit I’m not sure that I know what the interlock is.

Start with something simple, looks like you installed a few mods. Are you sure you didn't accidentally unplug a wire anywhere near the building or maybe knocked a wire off without knowing?

#5911 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

2300. That math seems wrong.

I have seen premiums for $8899 and I paid $6600 for my pro so price difference is $2299. So off by a dollar. I beg your forgiveness for being off a dollar. I see premiums even for $8999.

#5912 2 years ago

Has anyone had issues with their insider connect not registering achievements? When I first got my Godzilla pro before Christmas I was noticing the achievements weren’t registering when I got them during gameplay but my high scores and “last game played” all worked correctly on the site. About three days after owing the machine I scanned in again and when I pressed the start button it gave me 3-5 achievements that I believe I had actually got the previous days before I even plunged. Last night I completed 3 achievements I don’t currently have, while scanned in (didn’t show up on display just know I completed jackpot and beat monsters I did not have) and they don’t show up… my score from that game is my last game so I know I was connected. Has anyone else had this issue? Not end of the world and stopping gameplay but would be nice to get the achievements when completed. Says Ebira is the only Monster I have defeated in achievements and have made it to the 2nd tier while scanned in a few times last night so must have beat more.

#5913 2 years ago

Finally broke a billion!

20220104_201004 (resized).jpg20220104_201004 (resized).jpg
#5914 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Start with something simple, looks like you installed a few mods. Are you sure you didn't accidentally unplug a wire anywhere near the building or maybe knocked a wire off without knowing?

Thank you, problem solved. Though I don’t know how. I went through everything the last 45m, made sure every cable is plugged properly and added more cable ties to better organize everything. Rebooted, everything works now. Phew. Quite some excitement if you don’t know what your doing there but still want to play with the big boys . Appreciate everybody’s help.

#5915 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Has anyone had issues with their insider connect not registering achievements? When I first got my Godzilla pro before Christmas I was noticing the achievements weren’t registering when I got them during gameplay but my high scores and “last game played” all worked correctly on the site. About three days after owing the machine I scanned in again and when I pressed the start button it gave me 3-5 achievements that I believe I had actually got the previous days before I even plunged. Last night I completed 3 achievements I don’t currently have, while scanned in (didn’t show up on display just know I completed jackpot and beat monsters I did not have) and they don’t show up… my score from that game is my last game so I know I was connected. Has anyone else had this issue? Not end of the world and stopping gameplay but would be nice to get the achievements when completed. Says Ebira is the only Monster I have defeated in achievements and have made it to the 2nd tier while scanned in a few times last night so must have beat more.

You can qualify tier 2 without beating the mode, just FYI. Also might be a WiFi / connectivity issue? How strong is your signal in your game room?

#5916 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

You can qualify tier 2 without beating the mode, just FYI. Also might be a WiFi / connectivity issue? How strong is your signal in your game room?

Signal says 66 in network menu. I know I beat and completed all 8 shots on Gigan Also got the Godzilla triple jackpot in that last game and didn’t register but the score did.

#5917 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Wow, what a difference, SDTM issue off of the Godzilla Multiball, gone. Not to mention it looks great. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback TonyVRD! I’m glad it solved your issue. Each machine is going to play a little different. The first ball on my pin would barely clip the left flipper and the next two would immediately hit the drain with the game perfectly level. My friend has one on location and his sent all 3 down the drain when level so I just wanted to add this as an option to fix the issue for those experiencing it. I also wanted to dress up the building as it is pretty plain up there. If anyone would like to order one, I created a forum topic found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

The direct link to the pinside shop is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

I also figured I would share the prototype box with all the trial and error pieces. Tried lots of angles and designs before I got to the final mod.

30AF35E0-A04F-40BB-97D1-9543A85D3425 (resized).jpeg30AF35E0-A04F-40BB-97D1-9543A85D3425 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5918 2 years ago

Who need Foo Fighters, the next Stern rock pin needs to be a Certain Distant Suns pin

(really, stick until the very end, you won't be disappointed)

#5919 2 years ago

Set the Mechagodzilla barrier to extra hard today. SO MUCH BETTER with the roving shot! This should be the factory setting and anyone with a pro should try this out. Way more satisfying to track that roving blue insert and snipe it to get into multiball. Huuuge improvement!

Also, after struggling with finding a good setup that minimized cheapo drains I pitched the game up steep and turned the sling way UP (yes, up). Now they overshoot the out lanes in stead of lobbing balls directly into them. I also turned the pop down a bit and the upper left and bottom left flippers up a bit. Game plays fast, furious and most importantly fair. Previously this game was just 360 dunking cheap drains in everyone’s face. Now it’s feeling GREAT!

#5920 2 years ago

So with Rush dropping, everyone is ready to sell their Godzilla LEs for like 10k? Lmk

#5921 2 years ago

I emailed Terry at Pinballlife a couple of days ago about some coils, but no response. Anyone know if they're having problems with their website or something?

#5922 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I emailed Terry at Pinballlife a couple of days ago about some coils, but no response. Anyone know if they're having problems with their website or something?

Could be the new year.

#5923 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Thanks for the feedback TonyVRD! I’m glad it solved your issue. Each machine is going to play a little different. The first ball on my pin would barely clip the left flipper and the next two would immediately hit the drain with the game perfectly level. My friend has one on location and his sent all 3 down the drain when level so I just wanted to add this as an option to fix the issue for those experiencing it. I also wanted to dress up the building as it is pretty plain up there. If anyone would like to order one, I created a forum topic found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix
The direct link to the pinside shop is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix
I also figured I would share the prototype box with all the trial and error pieces. Tried lots of angles and designs before I got to the final mod.

Buy this mod people! It not only looks great but it’s actually improved functionality. Super easy install and keeps the balls from all going sdtm. Thank you!

813304CC-8EB5-43A4-B302-BA3506EC779C (resized).jpeg813304CC-8EB5-43A4-B302-BA3506EC779C (resized).jpeg
#5924 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Shaker motor 502-5027-01 at Marco’s is the correct Stern part number for the spike 2 system on Godzilla. It really added a great experience to my premium. Stern states installing 3rd party will void your warranty.

Stern states installing ANY mod of ANY kind will void your warranty. I've never had a mod cause a problem, but use your head. The PBL shaker is one of the safest things you can add.

Pinball Life's shaker is less expensive and has a nice feel. It only ever had a problem changing over to Spike when there was a brief problem of a few weeks with the cap inline that Terry took care of. Rock solid since then.

#5925 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern states installing ANY mod of ANY kind will void your warranty. I've never had a mod cause a problem, but use your head. The PBL shaker is one of the safest things you can add.
Pinball Life's shaker is less expensive and has a nice feel. It only ever had a problem changing over to Spike when there was a brief problem of a few weeks with the cap inline that Terry took care of. Rock solid since then.

Neither my distributor (little Shop Of Games) or Stern has EVER asked me if I had installed any mods before supporting their warranty. That policy is only there so I they can refuse to support someone in an extreme circumstance. Just a heads-up.

#5926 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Neither my distributor (little Shop Of Games) or Stern has EVER asked me if I had installed any mods before supporting their warranty. That policy is only there so I they can refuse to support someone in an extreme circumstance. Just a heads-up.

Marshall and Dave at LSOG are great guys to work with.

#5927 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Just ordered one, thank you!

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Signal says 66 in network menu. I know I beat and completed all 8 shots on Gigan Also got the Godzilla triple jackpot in that last game and didn’t register but the score did.

You actually need Godzilla triple SUPER jackpot for the achievement, which is very hard. The other Godzilla jackpot achievement is 5x jackpot.

I've had a couple games where I wasn't signed in after previously being signed in on the games before. Maybe that was it?

#5929 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have seen premiums for $8899 and I paid $6600 for my pro so price difference is $2299. So off by a dollar. I beg your forgiveness for being off a dollar. I see premiums even for $8999.

I thought you said LE, sorry

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

No, just had them ship an order out. Could be playing catch up with order fulfillment, give them a day or 2.

#5931 2 years ago

Added this guy to my Pro today and it was super simple! This is the 2009 Bandai figure. His arms and head are move-able. He pulls right apart at the waist and attaches with a simple screw using the slot from the stand-up. I'm guessing there will be the potential for stuck balls but those should be pretty rare on the Pro since there isn't a jump ramp.

20220105_122502 (resized).jpg20220105_122502 (resized).jpg
#5932 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well in his defense you were saying it was a 3K difference earlier.

#5933 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Mine is the same, but not sure if it is progressing or if it came like that. I don't think much can be done other than a major effort.
[quoted image]

Got a response back from Stern today, they claim they have two different distributors for the back orbit and some are flush and some not like the one in my machine.

#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Got a response back from Stern today, they claim they have two different distributors for the back orbit and some are flush and some not like the one in my machine.

They must have two different distributors for the left blue rubber of death attachment in the building too. This would explain why some people are having problems and some people are not

#5935 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Ball hangup in game nr 1...at first I did not know where it was, even ball search didn't solve it, then removed the glass and found it.
It was during multiball though, so maybe 2 balls clashed together and 1 just dropped dead
[quoted image]

Happened to me on a big game. Ball search won’t get it out. I had to shake during the ball search and I have my tilt bob out so I was able to get it out without tilting

#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Added this guy to my Pro today and it was super simple! This is the 2009 Bandai figure. His arms and head are move-able. He pulls right apart at the waist and attaches with a simple screw using the slot from the stand-up. I'm guessing there will be the potential for stuck balls but those should be pretty rare on the Pro since there isn't a jump ramp.
[quoted image]

Ha, I just ordered this exact figure off ebay the other day for mine as well. I was considering seeing if it could perhaps be mounted on a piece of clear plastic cut to span the mecha spinner lane, or something similar, so the figure is right behind the spinner and it's more like you're shooting him when you shoot the spinner. No reason we have to use the premium's location behind the tail whip lane, unless the height to the glass is an issue... We'll see if that might work.

But yours looks great there as well. Definitely glad to see it works well there and is easy to mount. Those shrinky-dink flat plastic versions on the Pro are so cheap looking, getting rid of those and upgrading both GZ and Mecha are a must IMO...

#5937 2 years ago

Any speculation on what Godzilla Power Ups will eventually do?

Also, this game needs something to help differentiate the cities. They’re pretty much all the same right now.

#5938 2 years ago

I see a lot of talk about flipper coil fade, anybody have shooter lane coil fade? Mine just did, I turned the power up and that helped a bit. I'll let it sit for a while and see if that helps.

#5939 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I see a lot of talk about flipper coil fade, anybody have shooter lane coil fade? Mine just did, I turned the power up and that helped a bit. I'll let it sit for a while and see if that helps.

Check for a bad solder?

#5940 2 years ago

Quoted from northerndude:

Check for a bad solder?

#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

How far away is the shooter tip from the ball when it is in the lane? , is their mis-alignment of the shooter rod? Something loose? Spring broken? Have you measured the ohms of the coil for accuracy?

#5942 2 years ago

Joined the billion point club today

61A87358-DAF3-4680-9679-7997F760C9ED (resized).jpeg61A87358-DAF3-4680-9679-7997F760C9ED (resized).jpeg
#5943 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Did you talk to them or just email? I got a reply saying to give them a call to discuss what they found with the mechanical engineer. I asked what their work hours are so I can find a time since I'm four hours behind Chicago so will have to schedule into my calendar. Will report back if we connect tomorrow

#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

Yeah this is the biggest negative difference in gameplay resulting from the missing mechs. I think the best solution is to make all the multiballs much harder to obtain so that they all don't run-together one after another. At the very least, every Pro owner should try turning the Mechagodzilla on extra-hard barrier qualifying - it turns the barrier into a roving shot and adds a lot of dynamics to getting to mechagodzilla mb.

Thanks for the recommendation. I set the barrier to extra hard and the roving barrier shot really improves MechaGodzilla multiball. Before I would get it by accident but now you really have to try for it. I love the improved difficulty and that whole area in general on the game. Between backhanding the spinner and intentionally banking the scoop shot off the saucer to collect a saucer there's so much to do in that small section of the playfield.

#5945 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

A lot a talk about the heat ray charging…I say everyone can do what they think is fun for their games. Some folks think it’s not fun…
I think having to use the action button to charge the heat ray is flippin’ brilliant!!! Don’t change a thing. I love it, LOVE IT! Who agrees?!

I agree the heat ray button is a blast. It requires skill to watch the screen for when to charge, watch so you don't lose the ball....big risk reward and fun imo.

#5946 2 years ago

Anyone else sometimes experience a hard STDM drain only to have it ricochet back up onto the playfield? Almost like a ball-save prong in there. It happens maybe once every 5 or 6 games on my LE...hilarious. Be ready!

#5947 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Very unlikely to be fade. Probably an alignment problem (not launching the ball straight, or autolaunch not making even contact with the ball, etc) or maybe bad coil sleeve or just a bad coil (how many ohms does it read when cool? after you've been playing a while?).

#5948 2 years ago

So after painting and installing the Godzilla bank figure last week… I decided to add a small, “flickering” LED in the roof of his mouth. Really pleased… looks fantastic in person… but kinda washed out in the photos. Think it ties in real nice with the “blue flame” on the game artwork.

Total cost was about $20 bucks.

All the room lights are on in the bottom picture and the spotlight is aimed directly on GZ. I actually moved it more towards the building to the right. Like it a bit more that way. No LED in that pic.

36FE2BEF-E662-4A3B-9A09-4B85F293FBB7 (resized).jpeg36FE2BEF-E662-4A3B-9A09-4B85F293FBB7 (resized).jpeg89FDEFB8-8C80-4153-BCA9-390BEAE9AFE2 (resized).jpeg89FDEFB8-8C80-4153-BCA9-390BEAE9AFE2 (resized).jpegB2D4197F-3427-4164-87C1-05F888B10F69 (resized).jpegB2D4197F-3427-4164-87C1-05F888B10F69 (resized).jpeg
#5949 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Did you talk to them or just email? I got a reply saying to give them a call to discuss what they found with the mechanical engineer. I asked what their work hours are so I can find a time since I'm four hours behind Chicago so will have to schedule into my calendar. Will report back if we connect tomorrow

Only email. I've never been able to get though on the phone, and thier outgoing message says only emails. But she told me the engineers looked at my picture and came to that conclusion. It doesn't seem right to me, because it obviously effects ball travel not being flush. If you get to have a conversation I would love to hear what they tell you.

#5950 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very unlikely to be fade. Probably an alignment problem (not launching the ball straight, or autolaunch not making even contact with the ball, etc) or maybe bad coil sleeve or just a bad coil (how many ohms does it read when cool? after you've been playing a while?).

These are all great suggestions and I’ll add one more that I haven’t seen mentioned yet. I have found that the return spring on the plunger is weak on all my Sterns. I believe this can make the auto launch inconsistent due to the mech not being returned to the same state each time after launching the ball.

I have yet to find a good replacement spring (I usually try a couple new ones each time I order parts). In the meantime I stretch the stock spring out a bit and put it back in the mech. Seems to help quit a bit. Something easy to try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Wanted
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.