gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 547.
#5601 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Ordering new avengers coils now..........damn you monk!

Aside from some longplay fade, the Avengers flippers felt fine to me. What are you changing them out to and why?

#5602 2 years ago

For the bank Godzilla mod, how are you securing him to the plastic?

The fasteners look hard to reach after he’s in.

#5603 2 years ago

"He picks up a bus and throws it back down"

PXL_20211231_193022935 (resized).jpgPXL_20211231_193022935 (resized).jpgPXL_20211231_193033086 (resized).jpgPXL_20211231_193033086 (resized).jpg
#5604 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

For the bank Godzilla mod, how are you securing him to the plastic?
The fasteners look hard to reach after he’s in.

I reused the base of the bank. Trimmed it and added some notches to go around the bolts to keep the position

The bank is hot glued to the base, and base attached to plastic with doubled sided tape, using the existing bolts to keep it snug in place. Very tight fit for me, but no issues so far

584EF445-12FC-48D7-B1C6-71BF1B52CFCC (resized).jpeg584EF445-12FC-48D7-B1C6-71BF1B52CFCC (resized).jpeg71BCE4A6-4C9D-483B-80A4-A09CFBC60FFA (resized).jpeg71BCE4A6-4C9D-483B-80A4-A09CFBC60FFA (resized).jpegB78CB2D4-540B-4DE7-AFD8-D8A954BD3652 (resized).jpegB78CB2D4-540B-4DE7-AFD8-D8A954BD3652 (resized).jpeg
#5605 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Every 90s machine I own has great lightshows in the backbox. Hasn't affected gameplay yet... Maybe I'm missing all this glare that everyone hates. A few darker games might get it bad I guess.

Flashers in a backbox produced a nice show without the constant brightness and glare of a bunch of modern LEDs.

#5606 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

"He picks up a bus and throws it back down"
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great job.

#5607 2 years ago

LE owners, how do you like the powder coat color? I have a pro and have looked at colors to possibly powder coat. I ordered some samples of mostly red and red/orange colors. Also some green and blues. Nothing really clicks for me. After looking at the LE pictures I actually kind of like the metallic silver. I have only seen the LE in person at Pincinnati, and hard to get a good look in that lighting. Opinions?

#5608 2 years ago

So any issues if I order AIQ flipper coil 090-5032-ND to replace the ones in Godzilla? They just feel weak compared to AIQ. Happy new year to everyone.

#5609 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So any issues if I order AIQ flipper coil 090-5032-ND to replace the ones in Godzilla? They just feel weak compared to AIQ. Happy new year to everyone.

Have you tried checking the EOS timing, adjusting cabinet switch blade gaps, changing out buttons, adjusting flipper power in the settings first? 5032 is kind of a lateral move from the 5030 and isn't going to give you that much of a different feel. 1080 windings vs 1100 on the 5030.

What you're feeling could be a lot of other adjustments. I'd run through those first.

#5610 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you tried checking the EOS timing, adjusting cabinet switch blade gaps, changing out buttons, adjusting flipper power in the settings first? 5032 is kind of a lateral move from the 5030 and isn't going to give you that much of a different feel. 1080 windings vs 1100 on the 5030.
What you're feeling could be a lot of other adjustments. I'd run through those first.

I will definitely do that. Thank you so much. Forgot to check the things that don’t cost me money. Much appreciated! Happy New Year!

#5611 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

-Added a Mechagodzilla figure (and after attaching the music wire, I added foam padding underneath, which sticks nicely to the underside of the toy. I added a pic of this because I frequently add toys/mods that sit on pf plastics that are hooked to local nuts, bolts, etc and I thought this was a nice way to protect the pf plastics it sits on and wanted to share that).

Looks great! What figure did you use please?

#5612 2 years ago

Great mods in this thread. I feel bad I just tossed my Godzilla pro into a brewery and I didn’t check pitch or anything. It’s between the two marks with the bubble slightly toward the top more. I kinda want to add the Towers to the playfield and the building skin.

#5613 2 years ago
Quoted from Reul1:

I have the same issue with mine. There are no threads in the left side That the 4x40 screws are to be tightened into. The screws just push in. It is like they are stripped out, but I looked at it and there wasn’t anything for the screws to tighten to. The right side was fine and I tried a screw from the left side and put it on the right and it works just fine.
I tried to tap it to the next size but now the nut will turn in there, not allowing it to tighten correctly.
Looks like the 1st floor will need to be replaced at least. I asked if they would just replace the building but have not heard back from Stern or my distributor yet. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you ever figure out a solution for this? I just had the same issue occur on mine and my distributor is taking care of it through Stern, but I was curious what their fix would be and how difficult it would be to repair?

#5614 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks… it was just acryllic paint I stole from my wifes craft room…. I believe it was “Folkart” bought from Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
Used 2-3 different greens and some yellow…. Mixed into 4-5 shades and just thinly layered them on. Have to let each layer dry or it all just blends together.
For the blues I started with a purple/navy mix and just lightened the blues up to nearly white towards the top of his scutes. (Not a word you get to use every day…ha!). Use 3 shades of blue.
When it was dry I cleaned all the brushes in a small dish water and added a dab of black paint. With a very runny dark mix, almost water in consistency, I lighly brushed that in places and let it run down through the crevices in his scales…dabbing in places with a paper towel. Gave it a nice depth…kind of a “low lighting” if you will.
Wasted the last three hours looking at small LED’s… considering sticking one in the roof of his mouth .
Good luck!

Awesome, thx. I have a plan to illuminate his eyes ice blue which you could also use for his mouth. I’ll post when complete.

#5615 2 years ago

After over 1,300 balls played on mine I rotated all three stock black flipper rubbers 1/4 turn today. Pretty amazing how that (plus playfield cleaning) adds some zip back into the ball coming off the flippers.

#5616 2 years ago
Quoted from rue_:

Great mods in this thread. I feel bad I just tossed my Godzilla pro into a brewery and I didn’t check pitch or anything. It’s between the two marks with the bubble slightly toward the top more. I kinda want to add the Towers to the playfield and the building skin.

Your pitch should be fine.

#5617 2 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

LE owners, how do you like the powder coat color? I have a pro and have looked at colors to possibly powder coat. I ordered some samples of mostly red and red/orange colors. Also some green and blues. Nothing really clicks for me. After looking at the LE pictures I actually kind of like the metallic silver. I have only seen the LE in person at Pincinnati, and hard to get a good look in that lighting. Opinions?

Love mine. Does match Mechagodzilla

#5618 2 years ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

I liked the LE look so I got Steve at Pinball Refinery to do a match job and it turned out amazing.

16410004443839157493450870340555 (resized).jpg16410004443839157493450870340555 (resized).jpg
#5619 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

who the hell wants bright backboxes anyway? I set all my backbox light to 10% when playing. Cuts down on glare. You do NOT want a lit up backbox when you are trying to play.

I have PDI glass on every pin. You can every light in the house on and it still looks like there’s no glass…I’d recommend spending the extra 500 if you are already spending thousands.

#5620 2 years ago
Quoted from subseamonkey:

Looks great! What figure did you use please?

Thanks!!
For the mechagodzilla, I used the 1983 Bandai Kaiju Toho movie figure.

For example, here is an eBay link to one of these toys:

ebay.com link: itm

These toys are made of a somewhat soft vinyl and are hollow, however, they seem to hold their shape/structure quite well. The fact that they are hollow also makes it easier to tie in lights from the inside of these figures, if one were so inclined. It is very easy to pop the torso from the lower body and use the upper half as the mod.

#5621 2 years ago

Is anyone else watching "Godzilla vs. Megalon" and "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" on Comet? Cool seeing the film clips on my LE for the first time in the real movie.

#5622 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Is anyone else watching "Godzilla vs. Megalon" and "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" on Comet? Cool seeing the film clips on my LE for the first time in the real movie.

Watching Godzilla vs Megalon right now on bluray.

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5791a12e68f3d72a34b47b015abdfbaa01a2e445-1641010501-1800"};
//]]>

I was just watching them both on Comet with my 8 year old. He's fascinated by the old movies and wants to see them all now.

#5624 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was just watching them both on Comet with my 8 year old. He's fascinated by the old movies and wants to see them all now.

Hook him up with Johnny Sokko when you're done. It's on Comet, too. It was one of my favorites as a kid, but I have to say as an adult I found it hilarious/jarring that it was no big deal for a 10 year old to be running around brandishing a handgun with the rest of the team (as he does pretty frequently in the show).

#5625 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"163840b78418942221d3ff88190ff1488b0b8cae-1641012415-1800"};
//]]>

I watched Godzilla vs King Kong the other day and noticed some of the Tesla strike clips came from there (or were reused from other films).

#5626 2 years ago

Just played a game and all my high and champ scores are wiped out. Any idea why/how that would happen (without doing it in the menu myself)?

Edit: Just found the htsd reset setting and turned it off. Wish I would have known about that earlier.

#5627 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just played a game and all my high and champ scores are wiped out. Any idea why/how that would happen (without doing it in the menu myself)?
Edit: Just found the htsd reset setting and turned it off. Wish I would have known about that earlier.

Can you explain?

#5628 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That’s awesome. Best memories for me growing up in the 1970’s.

#5629 2 years ago

Wow, you must be playing a LOT of games. Isn't the HSTD reset set for like 1000 plays by default?

#5630 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, you must be playing a LOT of games. Isn't the HSTD reset set for like 1000 plays by default?

A good setting to turn off for sure.

#5631 2 years ago

What do you guys think the chances are of getting a 'home game' high score screen added? I don't really want 1-5 high scores (because... well, they are all mine), but I would love to see high scores of each of the registered players displayed. This would keep it interesting for the rest of the family. It would not be a default of course, but something selectable in the settings. It might not have been a good idea before insider connected, but could be a way to evolve the machine now that we have it. Thoughts?

#5632 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I reset probably ten games on ball one for every one I play through. Maybe a bad habit to crack down on

Also doing things I'd never do on location like practicing alley passes

#5633 2 years ago

I reset probably ten games on ball one for every one I play through. Maybe a bad habit to crack down on

Yeah, I turn that option off in the settings first thing with a new pin because I am otherwise too weak to control my impulse to do that on a crappy first ball.

#5634 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's 2000 plays and it will reset them all accept the GC I think it's something they did for location play so beginner's can get there names in again for a little bit before they all go too high. Maybe never beat the default GC and that's why he lost that one otherwise i can't explain why that one erased.

#5635 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

It's 2000 plays and it will reset them all accept the GC I think it's something they did for location play so beginner's can get there names in again for a little bit before they all go too high. Maybe never beat the default GC and that's why he lost that one otherwise i can't explain why that one erased.

Should have mentioned it kept the QC - I figured it out about 30 seconds after posting and edited post

#5636 2 years ago

Sorry if I missed it, but is anyone else having an issue on ball 1 of the first game after you turn the machine on? After I launch the ball and hit with a flipper, the flippers die and won't work. Then the ball save has a hard time launching another ball. After like 15 seconds, the flippers will just start working again and it's fine until you power it off. It's like the lower section of the playfield loses power temporarily. Only happens on ball 1 of first game after powering on.

#5637 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks!!
For the mechagodzilla, I used the 1983 Bandai Kaiju Toho

Perfect, I will keep an eye out for one! Thanks again

#5638 2 years ago
Quoted from Terpslurps:

Sorry if I missed it, but is anyone else having an issue on ball 1 of the first game after you turn the machine on? After I launch the ball and hit with a flipper, the flippers die and won't work. Then the ball save has a hard time launching another ball. After like 15 seconds, the flippers will just start working again and it's fine until you power it off. It's like the lower section of the playfield loses power temporarily. Only happens on ball 1 of first game after powering on.

Sounds like your node board is restarting due to a short somewhere. See if the game throws up any errors when you boot it up or run the node board tests to see if anything comes up. It’s most likely a LED lamp socket short somewhere.

#5639 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like your node board is restarting due to a short somewhere. See if the game throws up any errors when you boot it up or run the node board tests to see if anything comes up. It’s most likely a LED lamp socket short somewhere.

I'll try that, thank you!

#5640 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hook him up with Johnny Sokko when you're done. It's on Comet, too. It was one of my favorites as a kid, but I have to say as an adult I found it hilarious/jarring that it was no big deal for a 10 year old to be running around brandishing a handgun with the rest of the team (as he does pretty frequently in the show).

Johnny Sokko drinks beer at a celebration of defeet.

#5641 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

What do you guys think the chances are of getting a 'home game' high score screen added? I don't really want 1-5 high scores (because... well, they are all mine), but I would love to see high scores of each of the registered players displayed. This would keep it interesting for the rest of the family. It would not be a default of course, but something selectable in the settings. It might not have been a good idea before insider connected, but could be a way to evolve the machine now that we have it. Thoughts?

I like the idea.

#5642 2 years ago

Put a shaker motor in my premium. Wow. The shaker motor integration on this game is insane.

I can’t recall other games that use a shaker this much. Whenever a Kaiju can be heard stomping around the motor just gives these little flutters to add to each step. I was talking with some friends about this and we cannot think of a game that uses a shaker motor better (other than Earthshaker).

#5643 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Put a shaker motor in my premium. Wow. The shaker motor integration on this game is insane.
I can’t recall other games that use a shaker this much. Whenever a Kaiju can be heard stomping around the motor just gives these little flutters to add to each step. I was talking with some friends about this and we cannot think of a game that uses a shaker motor better (other than Earthshaker).

add a sub to really feel like you're in the middle of the street as Godzilla walks by

#5644 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

AIQ has nice shaker integration also. Add an external sub with the pinnovators kit. Awesome add on that will make a big improvement for cheap. PSW10 is a good sub to get or any powered subwoofer.

#5645 2 years ago

This is the exact figure I used. Looks amazing, perfect size and the most Showa era correct figure I’ve found.

Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks!!
For the mechagodzilla, I used the 1983 Bandai Kaiju Toho movie figure.
For example, here is an eBay link to one of these toys:
ebay.com link: itm
These toys are made of a somewhat soft vinyl and are hollow, however, they seem to hold their shape/structure quite well. The fact that they are hollow also makes it easier to tie in lights from the inside of these figures, if one were so inclined. It is very easy to pop the torso from the lower body and use the upper half as the mod.

#5646 2 years ago

Jurassic Park shaker integration is on par

Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

#5647 2 years ago

My bank.

F3A336E3-B59D-4317-A76B-0E54CC28C26A (resized).jpegF3A336E3-B59D-4317-A76B-0E54CC28C26A (resized).jpeg

#5648 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

How's everyone doing on their Godzilla achievements? I got my game about 10 days ago and have 37/39 achievements. The Triple Godzilla Super Jackpot and the More Buildings Destroyed (destroy 5 in a game) are proving to be a challenge. Any tips or pointers on knocking these 2 out? Also, if anyone wants to add me as a connection my player ID is MikeS.

38 of 39. The only way I'm getting the triple super jackpot is dumb luck!

#5649 2 years ago

Question. I have the chance to buy an LE but have the pro already at home. Love it. Quick and clean.

Should I buy the LE and sell the Pro. I love the right quick loop on the pro and think I will miss it when you have the Bash Toy MechaGodzilla. Do you think the bridge and Tower is worth the upgrade?

Thanks

#5650 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Question. I have the chance to buy an LE but have the pro already at home. Love it. Quick and clean.
Should I buy the LE and sell the Pro. I love the right quick loop on the pro and think I will miss it when you have the Bash Toy MechaGodzilla. Do you think the bridge and Tower is worth the upgrade?
Thanks

I played both and went with a pro. The price increase was not worth it for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

There are 27,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/113?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.