IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 548.
#5501 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

That Giant MOTHRA reminds me of the hands on Groot from My Guardians of the galaxy premium. I had to remove the hands because they were blocking my view!

#5502 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

No disrespect for your mod but that covers a lot. I would go crazy not being able to see the in and outer lanes and target in a game that moves this fast in those areas.

#5503 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

Same place I put my Mothra but I put him in the microwave first and it turned out great(; It cuts out most of the line of sight to the yellow flasher which I felt was a little harsh on the eye anyway, but you still get the effects of the flash from under his wings which looks cool.

C6D375E7-6EC1-4D26-8F1A-8C7414D8FBE1 (resized).pngC6D375E7-6EC1-4D26-8F1A-8C7414D8FBE1 (resized).png
#5504 2 years ago

I went with a slightly larger Mothra.

d9a735c772f8bcc17a9000e095d968eea04aac3d (resized).pngd9a735c772f8bcc17a9000e095d968eea04aac3d (resized).png
#5505 2 years ago

sheesh. you'd think i personally came and crapped on all your machines with the downvotes and negativity. as i said, perspective makes it look like it's blocking off the views you are all talking about.

#5506 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

[quoted image]

got a chuckle out of me

#5507 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

That’s too small. I can still see parts of the left side of the playfield.

#5508 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Same place I put my Mothra but I put him in the microwave first and it turned out great(; It cuts out most of the line of sight to the yellow flasher which I felt was a little harsh on the eye anyway, but you still get the effects of the flash from under his wings which looks cool.
[quoted image]

Where did you get that one from?

#5509 2 years ago

I found the 3 inch figures work best for modding, the 6 inch inch ones are just too big. Here’s a pic of a Jet Jag I installed and replaced my Mothra. Even the 3 inch Mothra barely fit where the plastic was previously
A3CFA4B5-195A-4336-822A-BE3D302CC37B (resized).jpegA3CFA4B5-195A-4336-822A-BE3D302CC37B (resized).jpeg

#5511 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

[quoted image]

i think you should put him down by the flippers for tommy mode

#5512 2 years ago

Please don't forget to add this in your machines for that Feel-Like-I-Am-Underneath-Godzilla sensation.

https://www.boomblasters.com/product/godzilla-roar-sounds-car-horn/

#5513 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Please don't forget to add this in your machines for that Feel-Like-I-Am-Underneath-Godzilla sensation.
https://www.boomblasters.com/product/godzilla-roar-sounds-car-horn/

true story, i have this in my car...

#5514 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I designed a drop in adapter to install the 5.25 inch speakers in Pro or Premium machines that are a better design than either of those (IMO). I need to make a Thingiverse account and upload the design, but I would be glad to send the STL file by email if someone wants to print them for themselves. These are sturdy and install on the existing Stern OEM metal plates and studs. This design provides solid mounting along with a seal between the speaker and plate to provide cleaner sound. The design above by mwong is not very sturdy looking and at least needs some foam or something to seal the ring under the speaker to create a cabinet effect for better sound. Also, it appears to remove the two screws on either side of the display that hold it tight in place and is simply held down by the plastic plates???
These are available on my pinside shop at a price that I basically make nothing on
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05610-spike-2-diy-525-speaker-adapters-pro-premium-w-hardware
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh no! We think we see a few "potential" design and fit issues (of course, we cannot validate this without a set in hand). Having fine-tuned our models over years, and having put a significant effort into making the PinWoofer original 3D printed designs work flawlessly over 100% of the Spike titles, trims (Pro/Premuim/LE) as well as being fit-compatible with all of the speaker light kits out there, you might expect some challenges but again, I cannot say for sure. If I am wrong, please forgive me.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

https://pinwoofer.com/accessories/backbox-mounting-rings/

#5515 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

sheesh. you'd think i personally came and crapped on all your machines with the downvotes and negativity. as i said, perspective makes it look like it's blocking off the views you are all talking about.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Facebook too. Just realize that there is nothing that you can respond with that will end it or convince them of anything. Best to ignore it. Momma always said that ignorance is the best medicine in these situations. Now go play your Godzilla and forget about it!

#5516 2 years ago

Looking for some input from people who have Godzilla and Iron Maiden....

So Ive had my godzilla for a while now and had it dialed in to how I thought it played pretty well. Last night I went ahead and increased the pitch from about 6.5 to 6.7 and definitely liked the faster speed.
I got my maiden a couple weeks ago and have been really enjoying it. Specifically I love how smooth and fast the loops are. Like when I hold the left flipper up and nail those loops they just fly smooth and fast and i really dont have much time at all to think about the next loop shot.

Going back to godzilla the loops feel kind of slow and somewhat clunky in comparison. I can get a bunch in a row, but it feels like sometimes it barely makes it up and around the loop and ive got plenty of time to line up the next shot.

Ive never had any issues with stdm for the multiball, and my magnet has always dropped in a good spot.

What im trying to ask is, for those of you who have both or played both, do your godzilla loops feel fast and smooth like maiden? Do I have more fine tuning/leveling to do? Or is godzilla just a different type of loop?
Ive got a good digital level, and im gonna keep messing with it. Just curious how smooth I can anticipate to get it.

#5517 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

So Ive had my godzilla for a while now and had it dialed in to how I thought it played pretty well. Last night I went ahead and increased the pitch from about 6.5 to 6.7 and definitely liked the faster speed.
I got my maiden a couple weeks ago and have been really enjoying it. Specifically I love how smooth and fast the loops are. Like when I hold the left flipper up and nail those loops they just fly smooth and fast and i really dont have much time at all to think about the next loop shot.
Going back to godzilla the loops feel kind of slow and somewhat clunky in comparison. I can get a bunch in a row, but it feels like sometimes it barely makes it up and around the loop and ive got plenty of time to line up the next shot.
Ive never had any issues with stdm for the multiball, and my magnet has always dropped in a good spot.
What im trying to ask is, for those of you who have both or played both, do your godzilla loops feel fast and smooth like maiden? Do I have more fine tuning/leveling to do? Or is godzilla just a different type of loop?
Ive got a good digital level, and im gonna keep messing with it. Just curious how smooth I can anticipate to get it.

Loops do not shoot the same on each of these games. Your GZ is playing properly. GZ different type of loop. Sounds like your game is dialed. Put the level away and play!

#5518 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loops do not shoot the same on each of these games. Your GZ is playing properly. GZ different type of loop. Sounds like your game is dialed. Put the level away and play!

Im perfectly happy with that response

#5519 2 years ago

For those folks that have the bank mod, what tool are you using to trim Godzilla’s elbow?

If you painted him, what did you do about the back spikes? Some of the inside areas of the spikes look tough to reach.

71D9E9C8-234C-4CAA-90E0-D7828444F74F (resized).jpeg71D9E9C8-234C-4CAA-90E0-D7828444F74F (resized).jpeg

#5520 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

For those folks that have the bank mod, what tool are you using to trim Godzilla’s elbow?
If you painted him, what did you do about the back spikes? Some of the inside areas of the spikes look tough to reach.
[quoted image]

I literally got mine in the mail less than an hour ago. I thought someone said you can use a file or dremel or exacto knife (not too confident about THAT one) for the elbow.

Nobody is gonna see the back of him. In fact, I'm not painting him at all, that looks pretty close to the color he's supposed to be. I understand people are painting him to look more like he is on the playfield and backglass, but to me it looks silly for him to be that bright green. The pf and backglass are more a comic/cartoon version of him, whereas the bank isnt.....

Just my 2 cents worth, which probably ain't even worth that.

I have the train cars and the fire leds on the way too - damn cool looking mod. Hope I get my game in March lol

#5521 2 years ago

Ordered this to make as a topper. Will go with RGB, or green LEDs. I have the Neca movie poster Godzilla in the game so decided to go with this 1954 Godzilla.

A1B17A43-F61F-46A0-8E72-9618D9C946F0 (resized).pngA1B17A43-F61F-46A0-8E72-9618D9C946F0 (resized).png

7FEC8CFB-F3BC-41C5-89A4-55F5D187B626 (resized).png7FEC8CFB-F3BC-41C5-89A4-55F5D187B626 (resized).png665DC26F-B886-43FC-9071-04E62BCC612C (resized).png665DC26F-B886-43FC-9071-04E62BCC612C (resized).pngD07ADE44-E742-4BD1-818C-17402A414BD1 (resized).pngD07ADE44-E742-4BD1-818C-17402A414BD1 (resized).pngA667DA54-65FD-45C4-AA28-D8DB88F8C60C (resized).pngA667DA54-65FD-45C4-AA28-D8DB88F8C60C (resized).png
#5522 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

That one is perfect! If you have time can you find a link or note as to the exact product description (size, brand, etc)? I looked all over for small Mothras and this is the best one I've seen.

#5523 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

[quoted image]

I used this Dremel cut off wheel but any cut off wheel will do. I didn't sand off the edges though- wish I had.

PXL_20211230_190616926 (resized).jpgPXL_20211230_190616926 (resized).jpg
#5524 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ordered this to make as a topper. Will go with RGB, or green LEDs. I have the Neca movie poster Godzilla in the game so decided to go with this 1954 Godzilla.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that your personal collection of GZ stuff in the background …

#5525 2 years ago

I have my game maxed out on the leg levelers and it's sitting at 8 degrees. That's how I know our league/tournament games are going to be set up, so that's what I play on (hell, they might even end up with 2x4's under the back legs). I see some massive scores and I wonder if ya'll are that much better than me or if you're just at a much lower slant, as I've yet to see a single other person say this is how they are set up to play.

#5526 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I think it's the left ramp/subway shot that introduces some clunky-ness on GZ's loop as the ball passes that opening and hits the side rail, there is no equivalent on Maiden, but maybe it is something else. Either way, yeah, no doubt Maiden's loops are smooth as hell in comparison.

I haven't managed to get more than 5 loops in a row on GZ. It's not like GZ's is bad, it feels smooth enough the first couple shots generally, but invariably it gets clunky and throws off my next shots on the 3-5 loops hit range on my Pro.

#5527 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I have my game maxed out on the leg levelers and it's sitting at 8 degrees. That's how I know our league/tournament games are going to be set up, so that's what I play on (hell, they might even end up with 2x4's under the back legs). I see some massive scores and I wonder if ya'll are that much better than me or if you're just at a much lower slant, as I've yet to see a single other person say this is how they are set up to play.

i've yet to see anyone say > 7deg...that's pretty steep. most seem to be 6.5-6.9

#5528 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I also much prefer a steep pitch and dislike floaty playing games. I have never setup a game at 6.5 in my life. I would usually setup my Stern games around 7.3, but this did not work for me for GZ. The game was just brutal. Loops were difficult, ramps were difficult, sdtm from the building, out the right outlane from a mecha shot, etc. I bumped it down to 6.8-6.9 and it's still fast and difficult, but more fair. My best scores are around 1bil now. Just my personal experience.

#5529 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I've been playing at 7.1° and feels okay to me. When I first set it up, prior to tinkering with some leveling, I noticed I was at 7.2°, which also felt fine, just not level at that time.
At 7.1° it doesn't feel too fast to me, and on my game, I don't feel like I get any cheap drains. Still a tough game when the ball starts whizzing around, for sure... Interestingly, when I look at my leg levelers, for whatever reason they're not as jacked up as some of my other Stern games, which measure out at 7.0°. That's been a real head scratcher for me, haha.
Much like above, I also don't care for a floaty game and usually prefer my games somewhat steep. Maybe at some point though I may bring the levelers down and try 6.8° and just see how it plays...

#5530 2 years ago

RE: Bridge plastic kit from Stern

Do you have to contact someone at Stern to get kit or to be placed on wait list for kit?

Or

Do they send kit to every Premium and LE owner who has registered their machine?

#5531 2 years ago

Wife says size matters so I went with a slightly larger Mothra from Amazon. In person it looks awesome and doesn’t block the right scoop.

99CA6317-97DC-40EC-911B-3B34E953D711 (resized).jpeg99CA6317-97DC-40EC-911B-3B34E953D711 (resized).jpeg
#5532 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Wife says size matters so I went with a slightly larger Mothra from Amazon. In person it looks awesome and doesn’t block the right scoop.
[quoted image]

I wonder if they considered including Mothra wings that unfold sort of like the blinders in Tommy as part of the design for this game!

#5533 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Is that your personal collection of GZ stuff in the background …

No I just pulled a screenshot from a YouTube video. I wish it was.

#5534 2 years ago

Didn't check the thread for a little bit. 576 unread posts

This'll take a while

#5535 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Didn't check the thread for a little bit. 576 unread posts
This'll take a while

quick catchup: any modifications to your table is cheating, mothra should take up at least 75% of the playfield, decrease your auto-plunge strength, and this may be the best game stern's ever made

#5536 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyBallerton:

That one is perfect! If you have time can you find a link or note as to the exact product description (size, brand, etc)? I looked all over for small Mothras and this is the best one I've seen.

I went to my purchases on eBay and unfortunately it says the seller has no more, but here was the description and it’s 4.5in wingspan:
BANDAI Gashapon HG 1992 MOTHRA Mini Figure Godzilla Chronicle Series 2

#5537 2 years ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

RE: Bridge plastic kit from Stern
Do you have to contact someone at Stern to get kit or to be placed on wait list for kit?
Or
Do they send kit to every Premium and LE owner who has registered their machine?

Already been discussed multiple times, just go back an re read the thread.

#5538 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Already been discussed multiple times, just go back an re read the thread.

Yeah it's not like this thread is long

#5539 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Yeah it's not like this thred is long

It's in the topic index at the top of the page. Click topic index at the top of the page, then click keypost summary (to sort by keypost names) and search for the TECH:PLAYFIELD section. Right there. Easy. Direct link indexed for you or anyone else already.

#5540 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's in the topic index at the top of the page. Click topic index at the top of the page, then click keypost summary (to sort by keypost names) and search for the TECH:PLAYFIELD section. Right there. Easy. Direct link indexed for you or anyone else already.

Cool

#5541 2 years ago

For anyone that ordered this mod on Christmas Eve or Christmas (23 orders total), your item was shipped today and your pinside order has been updated with a tracking number. If you ordered on Christmas Eve, I sent all of those priority mail to make up for the delay due to my boxes not showing up on time. If anyone has any questions or needs anything, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I also included a QR code in the box with a link to the install video. I am currently working on the next batch and will have those out ASAP. If anyone wants to get in on the next batch, here is a link to the item:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it! I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years.

6CBFB704-3718-4A6C-8417-723FF279B3F1 (resized).jpeg6CBFB704-3718-4A6C-8417-723FF279B3F1 (resized).jpeg6FD66E3F-041C-47F3-9A0E-80F1C3F4731C (resized).jpeg6FD66E3F-041C-47F3-9A0E-80F1C3F4731C (resized).jpegF5BC7D8D-7B1B-4A56-92ED-80BEB7244D5F (resized).jpegF5BC7D8D-7B1B-4A56-92ED-80BEB7244D5F (resized).jpeg
#5542 2 years ago

Just installed this LED backbox kit from Cointaker. Pretty good I think...

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

#5543 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

I have one for guardians and love it. Too bad their is not one for Godzilla pro

#5544 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Cool. Regular or deluxe? Chris makes great ones. I'm waiting on mine.

#5545 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I have one for guardians and love it. Too bad their is not one for the pro.

That's interesting. I thought that Chris made them custom for each game.

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnbeatle:

Do the flashers go off the whole game? I thought these were interactive?

#5547 2 years ago

Just read deluxe on the video. Answered my question.

#5548 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

That's interesting. I thought that Chris made them custom for each game.

I was thinking of lermods one. I didn’t know Chris did them. I don’t see it on their site.

#5549 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No one else has noticed this? Maybe it’s your machine. Not sure how you can tell how flippers feel from a stream.

I've noticed it on my LE. If I play my TSPP right after Godzilla, the flippers feel like they're on steroids. I have the flippers set full power but still feel like I'm sometimes trying to muscle the ball up there.

#5550 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

I've noticed it on my LE. If I play my TSPP right after Godzilla, the flippers feel like they're on steroids. I have the flippers set full power but still feel like I'm sometimes trying to muscle the ball up there.

I noticed that also on Godzilla. AIQ flippers feel way stronger, especially the upper flipper compared to Godzilla. On AIQ I have no problem hitting the right ramp. Feels like a struggle on Godzilla.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,369 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/111?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.