PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1444 (resized).jpg
IMG_7006.jpg
gdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 548.
#5451 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Is everybody's plastic underneath the bridge broken? Mine finally gave way. Stern has a kit coming, hopefully a redesign of the bridge so the lower framework of the bridge is not so close to the magna grab cover. Until then I guess it's just leave it broken

I put a piece of sticky foam rubber under it the day I got it. So far so good.

#5452 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Is everybody's plastic underneath the bridge broken? Mine finally gave way. Stern has a kit coming, hopefully a redesign of the bridge so the lower framework of the bridge is not so close to the magna grab cover. Until then I guess it's just leave it broken

Mine hasn't given way yet... On mine, the plastic was always loosely attached, and I never tightened it down. With the addition of some foam tape, and the fact that the plastic wobbles loosely when the bridge hits it, may have lessened the effects of the bridge impacts. Will still likely crack over time, but I'm not there quite yet...

#5453 2 years ago

I recently put in my order for a Pro and got quoted an April delivery date, which sounds decent considering I'm hearing later dates. Anyway, I'm already shopping for toys and mods and I saw this Ghidorah bust coming out from Diamond Select Toys. There is a companion Godzilla piece that came out previously- probably can find it on Ebay. Would make a great topper. (To clarify- the Godzilla and Ghidorah in this pic are sold separately)

If anyone wants more figure options, there's a few box sets coming out from Mezco Toyz that include Minila, Rodan and a couple others.

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.37.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.37.39 PM (resized).png

#5454 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyBallerton:

I recently put in my order for a Pro and got quoted an April delivery date, which sounds decent considering I'm hearing later dates. Anyway, I'm already shopping for toys and mods and I saw this Ghidorah bust coming out from Diamond Select Toys. There is a companion Godzilla piece that came out previously- probably can find it on Ebay. Would make a great topper. (To clarify- the Godzilla and Ghidorah in this pic are sold separately)
If anyone wants more figure options, there's a few box sets coming out from Mezco Toyz that include Minila, Rodan and a couple others.
[quoted image]

I actually ordered the 10" ghidorah statue that releases in February from gamestop, because they were having a 30% off sale. will probably mount it with underlighting as my topper

#5455 2 years ago

These are the figures I ordered from EBay, hoping to put them under the glass. They are both 5-6 inches tall, hoping that Mechagodzilla might fit if I cut him in half. If not, they'll just go on top.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#5456 2 years ago

Here are pics of the Mezco sets. Average is supposed to be 4.5 inches tall. Would love the Minila but don't really want to pay for all of them! I usually order my stuff from Big Bad Toy Store if they aren't sold out- then Ebay.

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.49.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.49.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.49.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.49.27 PM (resized).png
#5457 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I do the same expect I just get the backbox speakers that stern uses in their LEs, they sound great and are cheaper:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html
Then I upgrade the cab speaker to this, I think it’s the same one as the LE cab speaker:
ebay.com link: Goldwood Sound GW 8024 Rubber Surround 8 Woofer 190 Watts 4ohm Speaker
The cab speaker used to be $20 wow…

I just picked this up but what changes did you make in the volume settings?

#5458 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

I just placed a clear rubber bumper

#5459 2 years ago

How's everyone doing on their Godzilla achievements? I got my game about 10 days ago and have 37/39 achievements. The Triple Godzilla Super Jackpot and the More Buildings Destroyed (destroy 5 in a game) are proving to be a challenge. Any tips or pointers on knocking these 2 out? Also, if anyone wants to add me as a connection my player ID is MikeS.

#5460 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Fantastic looking mod! Looking forward to getting it!

Thanks for the support! Putting the finishing touches on the first batch of 20 and should be going out tomorrow.

3C6471A7-72A1-4360-B88C-73AA9C6017BA (resized).jpeg3C6471A7-72A1-4360-B88C-73AA9C6017BA (resized).jpeg
#5461 2 years ago

What’s the must have mods for a Pro?

#5462 2 years ago

I have a shaker, TDiddy power lines mod, and will light the scoop. Maybe the MezelMods( I think) building overlay.

#5463 2 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

My Godzilla Pro arrived today. When the coin door is closed, it will not operate. The interlock switch has to be in the extended position. I've been emailing with Stern support but I think they may have wrapped up for the day. Any thoughts?

I had the same issue. I found that the flap on the coin door was not completely pressing the switch when I closed the door. Rather than experimenting with bending the door, I put a couple of old 1" rubbers on it. It pressed in the switch and now everything works.

Screenshot_20211217-091004_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211217-091004_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5464 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Yup, mine broke too.

#5465 2 years ago

I cut a piece of metal with my dremel the approximate shape of the plastic under the bridge. Drilled a hole and attached it. Fingers crossed.

I would think that someone who makes other PetG protectors could make something to protect the plastic better.

#5466 2 years ago

Broke down and bought a preorder for the Premium, due in August. The game looks too damned good. That leaves me with UltramanLE, CCRLE and GZPrem this year. WTF pinball world???

#5467 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I’m about to toss in the towel on waiting for these, it’s been holding up my speaker upgrade. I’m about to order the 5.25 plates and just be done with it.

I had a friend help me design in Tinkercad and I printed these 5.25" plates myself. I upgraded the speakers on both my JP and GZ to the Kenwood speakers that come from factory on LEs.

IMG-20211226-WA0069.jpegIMG-20211226-WA0069.jpegIMG-20211227-WA0030.jpegIMG-20211227-WA0030.jpegPXL_20211227_063215894.MP.jpgPXL_20211227_063215894.MP.jpg
#5468 2 years ago

I just posted a video on how to install the building mod fix I created to solve the Godzilla Multi-ball SDTM issue on Premium / LE pinball machines. This mod is available for purchase via the link below. If you already placed an order, they should be going out in the mail today. Thanks for the support and please let me know if you have any questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix

#5469 2 years ago
Quoted from El_Patron:

Mine broke after 84 plays. I didn't even notice a crack before it snapped off. Hopefully, Stern has a good fix incoming.

#5470 2 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I had a friend help me design in Tinkercad and I printed these 5.25" plates myself. I upgraded the speakers on both my JP and GZ to the Kenwood speakers that come from factory on LEs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work. Would you mind sharing it on thingverse?

#5471 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:I just placed a clear rubber bumper

That's what I've been thinking. How big of a bumper did you use?

#5472 2 years ago

Today I heard back from Pablo Padilla at Stern tech support regarding the plastic around the bridge being damaged. He said there IS a kit they have that protects the plastic around Magna-Grab, but it's currently out of stock. He said when it's back in stock, it'll be sent to me....no cost.

#5473 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Today I heard back from Pablo Padilla at Stern tech support regarding the plastic around the bridge being damaged. He said there IS a kit they have that protects the plastic around Magna-Grab, but it's currently out of stock. He said when it's back in stock, it'll be sent to me....no cost.

Have not received my kit yet, fingers crossed any day now.

#5474 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have not received my kit yet, fingers crossed any day now.

Did they give you an idea what it consists of? Just a piece of plastic over the top of the existing one will just make it thicker. Seems like a metal replacement is a better idea, but I doubt that's what they're doing...

#5475 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

That's what I've been thinking. How big of a bumper did you use?

See images
Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07873Z8SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SKSVTFHB40RVA5D1WFEX

41388A13-E857-4D97-B5AE-C63540698A4D (resized).jpeg41388A13-E857-4D97-B5AE-C63540698A4D (resized).jpeg56A7CDAF-35E2-4B19-AD0F-FCCB6F25DD5D (resized).jpeg56A7CDAF-35E2-4B19-AD0F-FCCB6F25DD5D (resized).jpeg
#5476 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did they give you an idea what it consists of? Just a piece of plastic over the top of the existing one will just make it thicker. Seems like a metal replacement is a better idea, but I doubt that's what they're doing...

Nope

#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 amazon.com link »

Same here. I had a few laying around that fell off of my cabinets. Since I was too lazy to put those back on with superglue, one ended up under the bridge.

#5478 2 years ago

See images
Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

I did same, but put it on the bridge so I can't see it

#5479 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Recommend going through distributor or contacting directly?

#5480 2 years ago

See images
Link to what I’m using
Scotch SP950-NA Furniture Bumpers.5-in. Round, Clear, 20-Ct. - Quantity 6 amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

I would care more for the playfield under the magnet cap than the plastic...

#5481 2 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

I would care more for the playfield under the magnet cap than the plastic...

Is there a Mylar yet that would fit around the magma ball?

#5482 2 years ago

Is there a Mylar yet that would fit around the magma ball?

Just cut a piece yourself and wrap it around there.

#5483 2 years ago

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my mothra mounted...originally planned to put her back by the building, but the figure was a bit bigger than i expected. I'll probably come up with a better way to attach the left wing
[quoted image]

That thing is way too big.

#5485 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That thing is way too big.

matches scale, front-to-back. that's about how wide her wing span would be in comparison to mechagodzilla. to each their own, though.

#5486 2 years ago

Code update instructions say to unzip the file. My file is .spk.zip.part. I can deal with .zip, but I don't know what to do here. It sure doesn't seem to be good as is.

#5487 2 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Code update instructions say to unzip the file. My file is .spk.zip.part. I can deal with .zip, but I don't know what to do here. It sure doesn't seem to be good as is.

.part (short for partial) means that was an incomplete download. Try again.

If you're having trouble with lost or slow connections, you might want to try a download manager that can pick up where a download connection was lost (so you don't have to start over), or make multiple connections to speed up downloads.

#5488 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

matches scale, front-to-back. that's about how wide her wing span would be in comparison to mechagodzilla. to each their own, though.

Looks like it blocks the view of the maser target, the left spinner and the upper flipper.

#5489 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

.part (short for partial) means that was an incomplete download. Try again.
If you're having trouble with lost or slow connections, you might want to try a download manager that can pick up where a download connection was lost (so you don't have to start over), or make multiple connections to speed up downloads.

Thanks, got it now. It definitely doesn't behave the way it says in the Read Me.

#5490 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Looks like it blocks the view of the maser target, the left spinner and the upper flipper.

it does sit over the maser target a bit, but it does nothing to block the other two...just perspective.

#5491 2 years ago

To each their own. I am glad you like it and that its in your game and not in mine.

#5492 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

I would have figured out a way to mount that dead center in the back to replace the small Mothra, just my 2 cents. Your game so you get to what you like. Thank you for sharing.

#5493 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I would have figured out a way to mount that dead center in the back to replace the small Mothra, just my 2 cents. Your game so you get to what you like. Thank you for sharing.

ya, as i said, that was my original plan, but she was too big w/ the tesla towers. only other option is behind GZ in the back left

#5494 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

ya, as i said, that was my original plan, but she was too big w/ the tesla towers. only other option is behind GZ in the back left

Or just cut it in half and suggest that mothra is flying over the back, perpendicular to the playfield by just mounting that half to the upper backboard.

#5495 2 years ago

That Mothra is gonna cost a lot of blind drains in that area. I’d float him above the center building or over the circular habitrails on the right side rear (that where im putting Ghidora myself) but ideally a smaller Mothra Would make more sense imo. I know it’s not scale but it’ll make more sense visually in the diorama world under glass.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

#5496 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

Have some respect for yourself bud. That is just hideous.

#5497 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

Nice topper! Interesting location-

#5498 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Great work. Would you mind sharing it on thingverse?

Ditto, although I found this which could be good. Haven't tried it yet (my Xmas Ender 3 lasted all of 3 hours )
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3716733

#5499 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Ditto, although I found this which could be good. Haven't tried it yet (my Xmas Ender 3 lasted all of 3 hours )
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3716733

I designed a drop in adapter to install the 5.25 inch speakers in Pro or Premium machines that are a better design than either of those (IMO). I need to make a Thingiverse account and upload the design, but I would be glad to send the STL file by email if someone wants to print them for themselves. These are sturdy and install on the existing Stern OEM metal plates and studs. This design provides solid mounting along with a seal between the speaker and plate to provide cleaner sound. The design above by mwong is not very sturdy looking and at least needs some foam or something to seal the ring under the speaker to create a cabinet effect for better sound. Also, it appears to remove the two screws on either side of the display that hold it tight in place and is simply held down by the plastic plates???

These are available on my pinside shop at a price that I basically make nothing on
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/05610-spike-2-diy-525-speaker-adapters-pro-premium-w-hardware
20210718_223603 (resized).jpg20210718_223603 (resized).jpg20210721_191240 (resized).jpg20210721_191240 (resized).jpg

#5500 2 years ago

See images
Link to what I’m using

Pro tip: stick it underneath the bridge, same effect but invisible

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 548.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/110?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.