Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 547.
#451 2 years ago

Great Game. Just dont shoot the lane to the left of the building, its a fastball back aiming for the middle.

245175676_1517482151937094_5728930285871857819_n (resized).jpeg245175676_1517482151937094_5728930285871857819_n (resized).jpeg
#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Great Game. Just dont shoot the lane to the left of the building, its a fastball back aiming for the middle.
[quoted image]

Is that the intention when properly set up? You’d think they would put a gate there if that the case

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not for me. The extra spinner has way more appeal and longevity than toys and a sinking building. That usually gets old real fast, not too mention affecting the flow.

From the Stern Godzilla Premium site: "three spinning targets (Heat Ray, Mechagodzilla, and Monster Rampage)"

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is that the intention when properly set up? You’d think they would put a gate there if that the case

I don't know but I can confirm that its a dangerous shot. Played for about an hour and a half on location today, and had a few STDM with that shot on fast moving screamers (which means very little time to nudge when it shoots out the building). The pin had a tight tilt bob which didn't help either. Game was slightly unlevel too.

I'm imagining, that a solution will be found for being able to adjust that shot so it doesn't go STDM. I mean, even something like adding a few layers of electrical tape on the right side so a fast shot to that location will deflect more to the left flipper or something. Someone will come up with something.

I really do think this is as winner of a pin. Just a great layout, with adding ball paths that really give interesting movement to the ball. Appreciate that there is only 1 pop bumper so no time wasted in the pops, plus interesting ball movement with the open pop bumper (but not in a bad position like rick and morty where automatic ball saves are required). I was also worried it was going to be center shot heavy (like mando) with the building, but now I definitely think they did a good job with balancing shots around the whole playfield. Left ramp was no problem ...not sure how they changed the geometry but I never felt like it was clunky, unlike JP with the heli and tower shots where sometimes good shots just reject for no reason.

Good mode variety, and different objectives all over the playfield. I didn't have any magnet issues.

Basically...I feel Keith took all of the best ideas from his 3 previous pins, combined it into 1, and then evolved it even further.

#455 2 years ago

distro told me my LE ships next week, very excited to be in this club!

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I don't know but I can confirm that its a dangerous shot. Played for about an hour and a half on location today, and had a few STDM with that shot on fast moving screamers (which means very little time to nudge when it shoots out the building). The pin had a tight tilt bob which didn't help either. Game was slightly unlevel too.
I'm imagining, that a solution will be found for being able to adjust that shot so it doesn't go STDM. I mean, even something like adding a few layers of electrical tape on the right side so a fast shot to that location will deflect more to the left flipper or something. Someone will come up with something.
I really do think this is as winner of a pin. Just a great layout, with adding ball paths that really give interesting movement to the ball. Appreciate that there is only 1 pop bumper so no time wasted in the pops, plus interesting ball movement with the open pop bumper (but not in a bad position like rick and morty where automatic ball saves are required). I was also worried it was going to be center shot heavy (like mando) with the building, but now I definitely think they did a good job with balancing shots around the whole playfield. Left ramp was no problem ...not sure how they changed the geometry but I never felt like it was clunky, unlike JP with the heli and tower shots where sometimes good shots just reject for no reason.
Good mode variety, and different objectives all over the playfield. I didn't have any magnet issues.
Basically...I feel Keith took all of the best ideas from his 3 previous pins, combined it into 1, and then evolved it even further.

Was this the Pro model?

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Was this the Pro model?

Yeah, it was a pro being routed by a local gaming company in a mall.

Oh and I agree...I think it was really odd that they covered up the magnet captive ball by having artwork on the plastic on the pro. That should be seen!

And also......I couldn't get the QR reader to read my code.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

From the Stern Godzilla Premium site: "three spinning targets

Yeah I saw that.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I had the same thing happen a few times to me. In defense of the game, you’re not required to shoot that shot. So it’s kinda on the player if you flail into it

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:It was a cool feature. Also, the mechagodzilla on the premium does some pretty cool stuff. jump ramp sometimes, target bank other times. It’s fun to hit. But I could see the Pro being a faster pace. But the premium is plenty fast! It’s a fantastic game, pro or premium/LE.

I agree. Not saying the Pre/LE isn't great and I wouldn't turn down a free upgrade but the extras are rarely important enough to me and in many cases the Pro is just a better option. Can't stand upper pf's, no need for toys and gimmicks but I get it if that's ur thing.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Funny you mention flow. The sinking building changes the ball paths, and hence the flow at each "stage". Pretty cool evolution of the Dr. Who Time Expander mech, IMO.

Ok, but I'd rather go with out it, once again its great to have the option but also once again u get pretentious pinball douchebags that can't believe anyone could be ok with or even prefer the Pro version. I've watched streams of both and prefer the Pro.

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, but I'd rather go with out it, once again its great to have the option but also once again u get pretentious pinball douchebags that can't believe anyone could be ok with or even prefer the Pro version. I've watched streams of both and prefer the Pro.

Yeah, I hate those pretentious pinball douchebags that watch streams and decide which plays better.

Seriously, though. There are situations where a Pro is ok. Iron Maiden is one example. Both are very good, and the Pro plays differently, so either is a great choice. TWD I would give the edge to the Pro. That crossbow sucked as the frickin' laser beam in Austin Powers and it still sucks in TWD. If it were gone TWD Prem/LE would be objectively better. It DOES happen that Pros can be the best version, just not super often. The Prem/LE is usually the better player experience. But you really need hands on both to make that decision in any kind of credible fashion.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I hate those pretentious pinball douchebags that watch streams and decide which plays better.

I can decide from a stream, I knew right away I didn't want the hyper loop thing in SW Pre/Le. same goes for JP and the extras and BKSOR and yeah I had a Maiden Pre then sold and got a Pro, much preferred the flow of that version. What I'm trying to say is I'm a pretentious pinball douchebag.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can decide from a stream, I knew right away I didn't want the hyper loop thing in SW Pre/Le. same goes for JP and the extras and BKSOR and yeah I had a Maiden Pre then sold and got a Pro, much preferred the flow of that version. What I'm trying to say is I'm a pretentious pinball douchebag.

Any practitioner of the first Delphic maxim can't be bad.

Redemption.

#464 2 years ago

I'm absolutely IN LOVE WITH LE SIDEART! But only able to justify the prem which I have my order in on.... Can anyone here help me decide on my powdercoat for my premium? I don't want green or purple, but thought maybe a blue color like Godzillas spikes would be awesome but im not sure how well it would match with my premium art. I also wish I could find someone who has an LE that would be willing to order me replacement side art at my expense so I can replace my sideart with the foil backed LE art! I'd pay for the time and effort aside from shipped cost from stern essentially just need someones serial number and I can let stern know I bought my LE and managed to ruin the sideart while bringing my machine inside my gameroom!

Added over 2 years ago:

THIS WAS JOKE PEOPLE! I ASSUMED FOLKS WOULD GET MY HUMOR BY SAYING A DAMAGED THE SIDEART PACKAGE BRINGING THE GAME INTO MY GAMEROOM! WHO DAMAGES THE WHOLE ART PACKAGE ON EACH SIDE AND SURFACE WHILE BRINGING THE GAME INTO THEIR GAMEROOM!

***I DO NEED HELP FINDING POWDERCOAT COLOR FOR MY PREM THAT IS TRUE!!!***

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I'm absolutely IN LOVE WITH LE SIDEART! But only able to justify the prem which I have my order in on.... Can anyone here help me decide on my powdercoat for my premium? I don't want green or purple, but thought maybe a blue color like Godzillas spikes would be awesome but im not sure how well it would match with my premium art. I also wish I could find someone who has an LE that would be willing to order me replacement side art at my expense so I can replace my sideart with the foil backed LE art! I'd pay for the time and effort aside from shipped cost from stern essentially just need someones serial number and I can let stern know I bought my LE and managed to ruin the sideart while bringing my machine inside my gameroom!

There is so much color going on in the art I feel like default black looks best. I’m thinking about gold myself and making it into a King Ghidorah edition. The LE looks good cause it’s a silver color…. I have to wait and see them in person though, right now my vote is to consider not using a color.

#466 2 years ago

I am waiting to see my Premium in person b4 I pull the trigger on powdercoating. I can't wait to see what other do to their games as far as colors, so this will definitely help in my decision. I agree with Gold being a top choice, but also thinking about doing a custom paint scheme as well. So many choices here.

#467 2 years ago

There are a couple problems with your plan the biggest of which is that it is totally dishonest, the other is as you probably know Stern is very tight with their LE Replacement items. It is highly unlikely they would send you out a full replacement set of decals without substantial proof of damage to existing decals.

#468 2 years ago

They want pictures of the damaged art and will send a replacement for only the one side or panel that is damaged. I've been through this process. But who is actually going to give their info to this dude to let him try to dupe Stern with their machine # anyway? He can only justify buying the premium, but can further justify piggy-backing on someone who did cough up for an LE for some fraud? Neat.

#469 2 years ago

Got word from a distro the LEs should be headed out by the end of this week. I havent paid a lot of attention to all the threads. Anyone else hearing the same?

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He can only justify buying the premium, but can further justify piggy-backing on someone who did cough up for an LE for some fraud? Neat.

He probably would of coughed up for the LE if it was actually available.

#471 2 years ago

Prepaid in full on an LE through Flip N Out. I know Zach is crazy busy with coordinating backorder fulfillment on numerous titles, so I will patiently wait until Expo for an update. Looking forward to seeing fellow pinsiders and getting some time on a Pro and/or Premium in Chicago!

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from Ebirah:

Prepaid in full on an LE through Flip N Out. I know Zach is crazy busy with coordinating backorder fulfillment on numerous titles, so I will patiently wait until Expo for an update. Looking forward to seeing fellow pinsiders and getting some time on a Pro and/or Premium in Chicago!

Never too busy for you Hoping they start shipping this week. Fingers crossed.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Ebirah:

Quoted from ZMeny:

Never too busy for you Hoping they start shipping this week. Fingers crossed.

Good guy alert!

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pro is fast and fun. You wont feel like you are missing anything when you are standing in front of it and just enjoying the game. We have a pro with a premium on the way for that wow factor for customers.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Got word from a distro the LEs should be headed out by the end of this week. I havent paid a lot of attention to all the threads. Anyone else hearing the same?

Yes I am hearing the same distros should know about ship dates etc hopefully by the end of the week.

#477 2 years ago

So I had a chance to get quite a few games on a trio of Pros at CAX over the weekend. This is easily Elwin's best game to date. The flow is amazing, all the shots feel butter smooth, and so many shots naturally progress into others like the left spinner to the tail whip loop, or the upper loop to tail whip for a way to pass from the upper left flipper to the lower left flipper. I can't speak to the sounds or music since it was all turned down too low to hear anything.

The Prem/LE building collapse is going to be neat and will definitely add to the experience. No idea how the collapsing bridge will be a factor. Bridge destruction Multiball is triggered by the captive ball on the Pro, IIRC.

I can say the Pro is a great option, although the big advantage in upgrading will be the rotating bank of Mechagodzilla targets. For the Pro, the targets are primarily accessible from the upper flipper with a higher drain chance. It is going to be about as much impact as AIQ's Captain Marvel and Ant-Man safer returns to the inlane on Prem/LE tables.

Insider Connect was OK, but needs work. Remembering to logout as player groups rotated was a pain, and quite a few games and achievements never showed up on the website even though I was logged in. It was also not a smooth process when there were player dropouts. Waiting for the match screen to finish before being allowed the option to logout was also irritating. Much of this are problems unique to the high player churn combined with free play. No idea if there are game settings that might alleviate issues like always logging out players at the end of games.

Some rules seem kind of confusing. No idea what qualifies rampage letters, what tail whips do, or what allows the heat ray to recharge. The heat ray seems a bit OP though. Holding the button for about 5 seconds to charge it to 100% instantly spots ALL lit shots. Stack a mode, jet attack, and a MB for a nice score boost.
Godzilla and Mechagodzilla MBs stack with modes (Not sure if both stack with a mode). No idea what Godzilla power ups do, or the advantage to doing jet and tank attacks. Couldn't figure out how to start Xilian battles either, they may not be in code yet? Bigger points seem to come from finishing the main Kaiju battle modes, qualified by hitting the left and right ramps.

I agree the shot just to the left of the building is a dangerous return to the end of the right flipper, and didn't seem to have a purpose shooting that way as opposed to that loop being the exit from the building shot for the magnet pickup. The tier 1 Kaiju battles are interesting and varied, and Megalon is more of a PITA because it requires random shots and weird delays between shots being active or disappearing. Also, it's hard to see some Kaiju battle shots when jet attack or Multiball are running and half the table arrows are blinking at you all at the same time. All stuff that will get sorted out by 1.0 code, I'm sure.

Anyway, super excited about getting a table now, and I got to knock out a ton of verified achievements at least!

Screenshot_20211017-204907 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211017-204907 (resized).png

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

There are a couple problems with your plan the biggest of which is that it is totally dishonest, the other is as you probably know Stern is very tight with their LE Replacement items. It is highly unlikely they would send you out a full replacement set of decals without substantial proof of damage to existing decals.

DUDE! REALLY? Mom must be proud.

#479 2 years ago

Dude, that is so pathetic. Mom must be proud.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Never too busy for you

buybuybuy

#481 2 years ago

Lol. Is mom proud of the guy wanting to scam Stern or the one calling it out, here? Weird digs.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Lol. Is mom proud of the guy wanting to scam Stern or the one calling it out, here? Weird digs.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I agree the shot just to the left of the building is a dangerous return to the end of the right flipper, and didn't seem to have a purpose shooting that way as opposed to that loop being the exit from the building shot for the magnet pickup.

Hmm...you are right....I wonder if shooting the exit lane of the building actually does anything in the code or not. It SHOULD. I mean, if there is a makeable shot on the PF in a prominent position but it doesn't do anything, then that seems like a major waste of PF real estate. Will have to play the pin again to see what it does (or not), but that lane doesn't have a shot arrow so it seems like its not for "making shots"...

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Hmm...you are right....I wonder if shooting the exit lane of the building actually does anything in the code or not. It SHOULD. I mean, if there is a makeable shot on the PF in a prominent position but it doesn't do anything, then that seems like a major waste of PF real estate. Will have to play the pin again to see what it does (or not), but that lane doesn't have a shot arrow so it seems like its not for "making shots"...

Maybe it still does building damage? I never intentionally shot for it though. When I did hit it from missing the left power standup or the Newton magnet, I was only paying attention to the rocketed return out of the building and not the display.

#485 2 years ago

One thing that surprises me (and perhaps this is less surprising for those who have bought LEs previously) is that the owner's manual for Prem/LE isn't out yet, if it's indeed shipping in short order... The Pro manual came out about a week or two(?) before the Pros started popping up on location; I would think that if the LEs were on their way out the door, the manuals should be posted soon/by now... Am I way off on this?

#486 2 years ago

My pro with mirror blades

PXL_20211019_152158417 (resized).jpgPXL_20211019_152158417 (resized).jpg
#487 2 years ago

best art blades so far!

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree with Maiden, but Something about the JP prem having a moving dino mech and the captive ball raptor pen... I also quite like the helicopter spinner as well but I'd have gone prem regardless just because the art of the cab and translite just look stunning in my opinion. I dont know why Crap got so much Crap on the JP art the premium cab looks phenomenal in my douchebag opinion. The Godzilla pro art is my favorite between prem and pro but the LE sideart is a HUGE PLUS with the foil artwork accents. I do think the pro flows alot faster as well, however I'm a sucker for kinetic state change and the building does that for me as well as the little coil to flip the bridge out and show a flicker of damage with direct magna-grab hits... not a huge game changer at all but looks cool and changes the path of the pinball trajectory instead of being so straightforward and obvious. Same goes for the jump ramp to bash toy/ball lock. Someone should tell keith to add a two ball multi that the first ball locks to mecca and the start begins by knocking it free as godzilla obviously knocking off a piece of mecca's armor!?! In their gigantic battle!!!

#489 2 years ago

#490 2 years ago

WOOT!!!!!
(Unboxing will take place after work. Will be a painful few hours.)

GZLE (resized).jpgGZLE (resized).jpg
#491 2 years ago

I think you may be the first! Congratulations!

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

WOOT!!!!!
[quoted image]

Unacceptable! PM me your work phone number, I will call and let them know you have a bad stomach bug and can't get off the toilet so you can get to unboxing that beast!

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Forgot to mention, I think you are starting to feel sick and probably should head home!

Edit: Heh, same thought as Concretehardt

#494 2 years ago

All these down votes cause I wish my premium had LE side art?

I know for a fact stern doesnt give other LE owner new sideart without sending ripped le sideart back to them, thus my ask here was just to show my frustration.
If Id have found anyone willing to sell an LE at msrp rather than the COUNTLESS OTHERS ON HERE ASKING 13K plus just for the simple money grab I'd have paid for the LE.

I'm sorry to piss all of you off about my comment about trying to obtain the sideart I wish was on my machine.

I'm puzzled that stern wouldnt offer The option to buy sideart as an ACCESSORY Since they sell side armor, toppers,art blades,and toppers.

I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble. I like the sideart on all models of this game but I essentially was trying to say that the LE foil art makes me think about breaking bad to obtain it for my premium.

#495 2 years ago

Not selling the LE cab art keeps the "limited" in Limited Edition.

#496 2 years ago

I do know how TIGHT with LE MATERIALS THEY ARE... I simply was trying to find out which color to powdercoat my premium, and express that THE SIDEART IS SO DAMN SEXY I'D CONSIDER BREAKING BAD TO GET IT LOL!

I knew from jump its just not possible!

Quoted from gambit3113:

They want pictures of the damaged art and will send a replacement for only the one side or panel that is damaged. I've been through this process. But who is actually going to give their info to this dude to let him try to dupe Stern with their machine # anyway? He can only justify buying the premium, but can further justify piggy-backing on someone who did cough up for an LE for some fraud? Neat.

You thought I was serious? let me just damage each pannel of my LE real quick! I was only trying to say I liked the art so much It'd make me think about doin some dumb shit to get it! I would have been in on an LE but there were too many folks buying up LE spots just to take the collector's who actually wanted the machine for a cool thousand or more....

#497 2 years ago

I simply was trying to find out which color to powdercoat my premium, and express that THE SIDEART IS SO DAMN SEXY I'D CONSIDER BREAKING BAD TO GET IT LOL!.

Tough call on color choices for powder coating, many who have seen the game in person have said Pictures do not do the artwork justice. I think you would have to have the game sitting in front of you to make the decision and even then it’s gonna be a tough call.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

He probably would of coughed up for the LE if it was actually available.

100% tried but the only places to find it were through pinball flippers trying to make thousands off of the sought after pinball machine! I have each elwin game as premium and bought them that way to make my own version of my own LE except IM and Godzilla. Both IM and Zilla have awesome foil art and I'd like to have an LE one day of each but now isn't the time obviously. I appreciate you're open mind in the matter! I was simply saying the arts so AWESOME I'd have to do something Dangerously stupid/dumb/dishonest to get it! Because the lucky few to get the option already did.... along with countless others who've sold their spots here on pinside for a thousand or more added to the already $1400.00 price increase. I love Keiths games and will buy each one sight unseen because I have faith in his amazing ruleset framework and design flow like no other pinball designer in the history of pinball! Im a fan. A big fan. I would never go out of my way to cheat keith or stern from the opportunity at earning my business its frustrating to me that I couldn't get it unless I wanted to pay $12,500 or more. So I made a joke. Im guilty of that yes.

#499 2 years ago

Tough call on color choices for powder coating, many who have seen the game in person have said Pictures do not do the artwork justice. I think you would have to have the game sitting in front of you to make the decision and even then it’s gonna be a tough call.

I agree... Im just going to wait it out. Love to have it ready for when the machine arrives but that's just a first world problem, and a good problem to have if I say so myself.

#500 2 years ago

Anybody have any word on Toppers for this game, I have not.
With sterns price Increase they should give every owner 1 . Ha . like that would ever happen.. And no reason why they cant

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 27,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/10?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.