Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 547.
#5401 2 years ago

Question for the modders out there. How do I tie a light into an existing SMD insert light? I’d like to connect a short blue led strip to the top heat Ray insert.

#5402 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Question for the modders out there. How do I tie a light into an existing SMD insert light? I’d like to connect a short blue led strip to the top heat Ray insert.

I used a photo switch board from Mezel Mods, designed and made by Roadrunner Pinball. Not sure if they are widely available yet. I’d hit up Mezel. You can see the sensor and board in this pic. Power is piggy backed off of GI and then the sensor is placed in under the insert you want to use as your trigger.

0F97FFCC-34CA-41B8-B6B4-B6086D676CDA (resized).jpeg0F97FFCC-34CA-41B8-B6B4-B6086D676CDA (resized).jpeg
#5403 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I used a photo switch board from Mezel Mods, designed and made by Roadrunner Pinball. Not sure if they are widely available yet. I’d hit up Mezel. You can see the sensor and board in this pic. Power is piggy backed off of GI and then the sensor is placed in under the insert you want to use as your trigger.
[quoted image]

Yeah I don’t see it on his site. I’ll message him. Thanks!

#5404 2 years ago

Are Kaiju like King Caeser, Titanasaurus and Hedorah featured in the game code anywhere or do they just exist as playfield art?

#5405 2 years ago

Titanasaurus is a battle mode, I’m sure Caesar and Hedorah will make their way in on future code updates.

Quoted from Jackalwere:

Are Kaiju like King Caeser, Titanasaurus and Hedorah featured in the game code anywhere or do they just exist as playfield art?

#5406 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Titanasarus is a battle mode.

#5407 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Looking to pick up a Premium sometime next year. Would be awesome to see some of the Kaiju make an appearance in the game.

I think it would be fun to link up two machines somehow over Insider Connected for team ups in the future.

#5408 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Hmm where can the cabinet speaker volume be boosted? I only see overall volume and a balance setting. But balance does not really boost the sub really. Its very minor effect.

The original poster was trying to reduce the cabinet speaker to balance it with the less efficient backbox speakers. The fade setting will allow this so they don’t need a inline volume control. I have found for boosting or reducing the woofer a combination of overall volume and fade can have a remarkable effect. I guess spending money on better amps and speakers can produce excellent results, but there are some cheap backbox and cabinet speakers out there which can be balanced effectively via the stern volume controls.

#5409 2 years ago

Pre ordered a Godzilla Pro for March and it arrived before Christmas! Santa brought a set of speaker lights and I was wondering if any of you have photos of Godzilla (preferably pro) with speaker lights. Trying to decide what game to put them in….. sure will end up putting in both.

#5410 2 years ago

My Godzilla Pro arrived today. When the coin door is closed, it will not operate. The interlock switch has to be in the extended position. I've been emailing with Stern support but I think they may have wrapped up for the day. Any thoughts?

#5411 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Pre ordered a Godzilla Pro for March and it arrived before Christmas! Santa brought a set of speaker lights and I was wondering if any of you have photos of Godzilla (preferably pro) with speaker lights. Trying to decide what game to put them in….. sure will end up putting in both.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"773b7c0ad9e69e668115b810915588b5fd026a16-1640646306-1800"};
//]]>

I have cointaker speaker lights. I will take a pic after I install them

#5412 2 years ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

My Godzilla Pro arrived today. When the coin door is closed, it will not operate. The interlock switch has to be in the extended position. I've been emailing with Stern support but I think they may have wrapped up for the day. Any thoughts?

I think someone else posted about this problem. If I remember correctly the wires were reversed on the switch. I would do a search and see if you can find it.

#5413 2 years ago

Reversed wires, was discussed way early in this thread

#5414 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:Are Kaiju like King Caeser, Titanasaurus and Hedorah featured in the game code anywhere or do they just exist as playfield art?

One or more skillshots feature King Caesar and the spider-like Kaiju (Kumonga or something, I forget). They are also pictured near the skill shot/tail whip lane. Might be all they get.

I understand they could not use the movie footage from the only movie Hedorah is in, even though featured prominently on the playfield. Curious of we'll get anything for Hedorah then.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get any new major battles - I would love even one more tier-1 battle mode to choose from, but surely that is a long shot with the 4 cities/4 battles setup in place... Obviously the wizard modes are outstanding though, I'm looking forward to whatever new stuff we get there.

#5415 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

These look pretty good in GZ

#5416 2 years ago

got my shin print framed and hung next to my table and cabinet..the room's almost half GZ now

20211227_183314 (resized).jpg20211227_183314 (resized).jpg
#5417 2 years ago

I reversed the wires and the problem was resolved. I put the glass back on and now it says "48 v disabled. Close coin door or pull interlock switch to restore power."

#5418 2 years ago

That is the way they work now I think at least mine does.

#5419 2 years ago

I reversed the wires and the problem was resolved. I put the glass back on and now it says "48 v disabled. Close coin door or pull interlock switch to restore power."

That’s correct. Close the coin door and it will go away.

#5420 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They sure do! If they’d ever be available on his site id gladly give him my money!

#5421 2 years ago

The coin door wasn't depressing the switch enough. I taped a washer to the contact plate and I'm good now.

My first Stern game. Interesting...

#5422 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Those look great! What are they?

#5423 2 years ago

Yep, last mod I am waiting on for mine.

#5424 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Those look great! What are they?

SpeakerLightKits.com. but still not up on his site yet

#5425 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

That would be yours truly and I think your approach looks great!

Thank you kindly! (Saved me a deep search!) Updating my original post... *tips hat*

#5426 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Nice idea, I’ll try this when I get some time and see if the spot is too bulky there and if the fire bulb puts off as much fire as the post version.
FYI these are great to keep both sets handy to extend/redirect when adding spotlights to any game, they list them under Star Wars and there’s 2 diff styles that give you 2 diff length options:
https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pro-pinball-spotlight-bracket?_pos=19&_sid=fb2b13daa&_ss=r&variant=42270962632

NIIICE thx; adding to my Mezel wishlist for my next order... Cheers!

#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

These are still not yet available, are they? (Waiting patiently; they're a must on my list...)

#5428 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They sure do! Do you know when they are supposed to be up on speaker lights? Will keep looking!

#5429 2 years ago

Finally dropped a b on this game. That was one of the funnest games of pinball I’ve ever played. This game just keeps getting exponentially better as you unpeel more layers.

8E5E50B8-B6C8-40E7-B190-288C771B2069 (resized).png8E5E50B8-B6C8-40E7-B190-288C771B2069 (resized).png
#5430 2 years ago

There’s just no getting around this one so far, huh guys? Did somebody say Stern is working on a fix/kit for the bridge slamming the plastic?

767F2779-DEA6-451A-84C3-789F785932F4 (resized).jpeg767F2779-DEA6-451A-84C3-789F785932F4 (resized).jpeg
#5431 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

There’s just no getting around this one so far, huh guys? Did somebody say Stern is working on a fix/kit for the bridge slamming the plastic?
[quoted image]

Yes, I did. Reach out to Stern Technical Support 1st and let your Distributor know you are contacting them as well, they may give you a form to fill out.

#5432 2 years ago

Yeah it hits that plastic hard. Figured we would see some break quick. Needed to be up 1/8” higher.

#5433 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah it hits that plastic hard. Figured we would see some break quick. Needed to be up 1/8” higher.

Noob question. Could cushioned take help?

#5434 2 years ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Noob question. Could cushioned take help?

I put a furniture felt pad under mine...only time will tell if it helps but I imagine it will.

#5435 2 years ago

F’ing around with LEDs. This is a strip of 7, would probably just run when destruction JP was lit.

71890D88-0482-4968-B412-2E60DAFDB09B (resized).jpeg71890D88-0482-4968-B412-2E60DAFDB09B (resized).jpeg
#5436 2 years ago

Just joints the club super happy! Maybe its been posted here already but my cabinet speaker is making a cracking sound.. anybody here know a quick fix?
And the bridge parts are overlapping each other, its not working properly. Build date 1 november…
Thanks in advance!

#5437 2 years ago

Does anyone have any suggestions on mounting a godzilla figure in a pro? This is my first mod I've ever done myself. Just looking for options. I was thinking of buying a piece of lexan and tracing the the original 2d plastic mount out.

20211227_172621 (resized).jpg20211227_172621 (resized).jpg
#5438 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

Does anyone have any suggestions on mounting a godzilla figure in a pro? This is my first mod I've ever done myself. Just looking for options. I was thinking of buying a piece of lexan and tracing the the original 2d plastic mount out.
[quoted image]

I have since changed to that larger version piggy bank, but originally I had gotten that model. You'll find that the slit in the plastic that previously held the stand up plastic is enough to accommodate a zip tie. Zip tying around the edges - slit and across both feet (2 separate zip ties) will work and hold him solidly. You can make the bulk part of the zip tie underneath the plastic and you'll never see it. There are certainly other methods, but that's what I had done/used and it worked quite well.

#5439 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

Use the original plastic and the holes. Get a sharp screw and screw into the bottom of the foot. Don’t get a long screw, get one long enough to go into the foot but not through it.

#5440 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

They sure do! Do you know when they are supposed to be up on speaker lights? Will keep looking!

I’m about to toss in the towel on waiting for these, it’s been holding up my speaker upgrade. I’m about to order the 5.25 plates and just be done with it.

#5441 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Most pertinent recent update was this, I believe, over in the mods thread:

Quoted from DugFreez:

There is no difficulty or issue with the install or anything to figure out. It is done and 100% ready to roll. It installs 90%+ the same as my type 12 kits. The issue is the small differences are ones that, if not mentioned, I would get e-mail after e-mail everyday about being different and people saying the kits "don't work" because 1 small thing was different and not specified. I can not edit the PDF install file that I have for installing the light frames and I don't want to remake them from the ground up. So that leaves me linking to the type 11 and 12 install and pointing out things that ARE different in the install process with this kit and then fielding e-mails from all of the folks that don't read the part about somethings being different.
Putting this kit in after you have already installed a type 12 kit (or even a type 11 kit for the most part) is easy going.

Last update was that the mid-December release date had been pushed back a bit, uncertain how long, cheers.

#5442 2 years ago
Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

I used a dog treat container to mount my dinosaurs in my DE Jurassic Park. What you want to do is find a thin, clear piece of plastic that you can cut through with a sharp knife or scissors. Remove the pinball plastic piece from the game and cut out a piece the same size from your donor plastic piece. I used the plastic conainer my dog's treats come in. Make the holes for the screws in the same place with either an exacto knife or a drill. From here, simply krazyglue the figure to the plastic or if need be add a couple extra holes and ad some zipties in. You now have a removable mod that is firmly and cleanly mounted that will stand the test of time.

#5443 2 years ago

I typically drill a 1/16 hole in the foot of the figure and attach it to an existing lug near by using jewelry wire. No harm to the game and easily removable. Occasionally I’ll put a small piece of Velcro on the other foot to keep it from tipping.

Quoted from Broy1189:

[quoted image]

#5444 2 years ago

Got this blanket to cover Godzilla. It’s fleece so it doesn’t slide off.

53BE5997-156D-4805-8507-DF6AA5CBB5D7 (resized).jpeg53BE5997-156D-4805-8507-DF6AA5CBB5D7 (resized).jpeg
#5445 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I’m about to toss in the towel on waiting for these, it’s been holding up my speaker upgrade. I’m about to order the 5.25 plates and just be done with it.

Yup, I did this same thing. It’s been months now. so I just ordered the LE speaker panel kit which looks awesome anyways.

#5446 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yup, I did this same thing. It’s been months now. so I just ordered the LE speaker panel kit which looks awesome anyways.

They are worth the wait. The Tokyo skyline really looks great against the flames.

#5447 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Apparently they are supposed to be available on the site next week

#5448 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They are worth the wait. The Tokyo skyline really looks great against the flames.

I mounted the skyline behind the foam, it made it look more hazy. Some will mount it in front and that looks good too.

#5449 2 years ago

Is everybody's plastic underneath the bridge broken? Mine finally gave way. Stern has a kit coming, hopefully a redesign of the bridge so the lower framework of the bridge is not so close to the magna grab cover. Until then I guess it's just leave it broken

#5450 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Apparently they are supposed to be available on the site next week

Held off this long so might as well wait another week and see

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 27,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 547.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/109?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.