Screenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 546.
#5351 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Getting node board 8 over charge error. Checked connectors and all are ok. Also trying to update the game with usb stick and doesn’t detect it when I start the game. Going to download the game code again or just create an image file and see if that works.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found a red led GI not working. Now will check it.

E297E821-C8B9-438A-9248-563DACBF7299 (resized).jpegE297E821-C8B9-438A-9248-563DACBF7299 (resized).jpeg
#5352 2 years ago

Getting node board 8 over charge error. Checked connectors and all are ok. Also trying to update the game with usb stick and doesn’t detect it when I start the game. Going to download the game code again or just create an image file and see if that works.

Well its telling you over current

Look for something shorted on the devices driven from that board

#5353 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well its telling you over current
Look for something shorted on the devices driven from that board

Yeah I have all red GI LEDs out from the middle of play field to slings. Going to look at the manual and see where node board eight is.

#5354 2 years ago

Yeah I have all red GI LEDs out from the middle of play field to slings. Going to look at the manual and see where node board eight is.

If you’re getting an overcurrent error. Go to diagnostic menu then node menu then node bus test. That should tell you what board is throwing an error and exactly where it is. Should say the lamp or coil causing it.

#5355 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Here's some decent 4" speakers for $20 a pair. I have them in my TWD. The tweeters stick out a small amount, so you'll need to offset them with a nut or two.
https://www.parts-express.com/Pyle-PL42BL-Blue-Label-4-Coaxial-Speaker-Pair-267-078

Those are exactly what I have in my #the_walking_dead . They do improve the clarity but they are also less efficient than the cabinet woofer and thus the balance of the sound is no longer in the head but more from below. I have an in-line volume control to install on the woofer but haven't done it yet.

I got the Flipper Fidelity basic kit for Godzilla and the install went great until the woofer. Unfortunately the factory screws are to short so I need to get something to extend them. Hopefully my trusty Ace Hardware is open today, it snowed overnight and continues to dump which means that the PNW is all but shut down now - People out here don't really feel comfortable driving in this stuff!

IMG_1182 (resized).jpgIMG_1182 (resized).jpg

Seattle Snow-magedon 2021Seattle Snow-magedon 2021

#5356 2 years ago

NEW SDTM - Godzilla Pinball Machine Review

Where does it rank amongst your favorite games?! Click on the video now to find out!

Please Like, Follow, & Subscribe to Straight Down The Middle (SDTM) on YouTube & Facebook

#5357 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re getting an overcurrent error. Go to diagnostic menu then node menu then node bus test. That should tell you what board is throwing an error and exactly where it is. Should say the lamp or coil causing it.

It’s on CN15 Chuck. Pulled connector from the board and error gone. It’s node board 8 in test mode.

#5358 2 years ago

It’s on CN15 Chuck. Pulled connector from the board and error gone. It’s node board 8 in test mode.

65080DC6-59CB-4070-ABD0-37FFDB8D6E8F (resized).jpeg65080DC6-59CB-4070-ABD0-37FFDB8D6E8F (resized).jpeg

So look for a smashed led bulb or something shorting a socket or gi wire

#5359 2 years ago

Turned it off and put CN15 back in. Issue gone now. Thanks for he help.

#5360 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
So look for a smashed led bulb or something shorting a socket or gi wire

Put CN15 back in and restarted and error gone.

#5361 2 years ago

I can't recall who originally posted about using Comet star post Fire LEDs to light the building from beneath the power line targets and behind the building (but will search later when time permits.)

First off, my thanks, because the power line targets lit from below look outstanding.

I did not try lighting the building from behind, but I did attach a hex spacer above the post to the left of the train ramp, and inelegantly taped a star post Fire LED there to aimed at the front of the building. It works pretty well and has the benefit of making the bridge look slightly apocalyptic as well...

20211226_152414 (resized).jpg20211226_152414 (resized).jpg

20211226_151509 (resized).jpg20211226_151509 (resized).jpg

Added over 2 years ago:

Thanks go to PinDeadHead for his original idea!

#5362 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I can't recall who originally posted about using Comet star post Fire LEDs to light the building from beneath the power line targets and behind the building (but will search later when time permits.)
First off, my thanks, because the power line targets lit from below look outstanding.
I did not try lighting the building from behind, but I did attach a hex spacer above the post to the left of the train ramp, and inelegantly taped a star post Fire LED there to aimed at the front of the building. It works pretty well and has the benefit of making the bridge look slightly apocalyptic as well...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Since you have the hex post there, you could add one of the Comet spotlights there ( secured with small standard machines screw) and use one of their wedge fire bulbs. Looks like there's plenty of room there and that would look clean.
Cool idea for aiming that fire bulb at the building.

#5363 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Where does it rank amongst your favorite games?! Click on the video now to find out!
Please Like, Follow, & Subscribe to Straight Down The Middle (SDTM) on YouTube & Facebook

honest review, decently entertaining. shame about that theme grade, otherwise, can't argue it too much

#5364 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Since you have the hex post there, you could add one of the Comet spotlights there ( secured with small standard machines screw) and use one of their wedge fire bulbs. Looks like there's plenty of room there and that would look clean.
Cool idea for aiming that fire bulb at the building.

Cheers, I actual did try adding as a comet spotlight, but unfortunately there wasn't enough clearance between the post and the bridge to be able to rotate/aim the spotlight in any direction other than at the right ramp. (Great minds!)

20211226_165415 (resized).jpg20211226_165415 (resized).jpg

If anybody else does figure out a good way to jerry rig and aim it, do please post!

#5365 2 years ago

What's message 2/2?

#5366 2 years ago

My LE is unplayable

The turn table wont move.

9D5D0791-E607-4A3E-B5AE-AB4CEA85E1DE (resized).jpeg9D5D0791-E607-4A3E-B5AE-AB4CEA85E1DE (resized).jpegE496C9E3-727A-4772-A555-2360ED67B494 (resized).jpegE496C9E3-727A-4772-A555-2360ED67B494 (resized).jpeg
#5367 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

My LE is unplayable
The turn table wont move. [quoted image][quoted image]

Have you gone into switch test mode and tested switch 41? If it's not working or stuck the turntable will not know where it is and not work.

#5368 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look under the playfield, are there T-Nuts at the end of both of those holes? It sounds like one of the T-nuts is missing which is what grabs into the playfield and secures the screw you turn into it from the top side.
This is the wrong kind of screw on top, but should give you an idea how T-nuts work.
[quoted image]

Checked under the playfield. It has a t nut on both holes, however the screw on the top won't go as far through the nut as the one on the bottom. I was able to get it down a little further than previously, so may leave well enough alone even though it isn't flush with the playfield.

#5369 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Checked under the playfield. It has a t nut on both holes, however the screw on the top won't go as far through the nut as the one on the bottom. I was able to get it down a little further than previously, so may leave well enough alone even though it isn't flush with the playfield.

So, maybe the T-nut is cross-threaded or has a burr in it? Seems solvable if you want to eventually just pop out the T-nut and replace it. Pre-thread the new T-nut before you install it so you know it works if you decide to do that.

#5370 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, maybe the T-nut is cross-threaded or has a burr in it? Seems solvable if you want to eventually just pop out the T-nut and replace it. Pre-thread the new T-nut before you install it so you know it works if you decide to do that.

All right. Once I google a few of these terms I'll see if I pursue that

#5371 2 years ago

Am I missing something? Isn't Godzilla supposed to be WIFI ready? Mine says I am missing USB WIFI adapter, can't connect?

#5372 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Am I missing something? Isn't Godzilla supposed to be WIFI ready? Mine says I am missing USB WIFI adapter, can't connect?

Someone at the factory forgot to plug it in, or it wiggled loose?

Is is physically present on the CPU board in the backbox? There are 2 USB ports on the face. It should have a mini-dongle in one - that's the USB adapter.

#5373 2 years ago

Is there a big difference between Pro vs Premium on this one? Looking to buy one..

#5374 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Is there a big difference between Pro vs Premium on this one? Looking to buy one..

I think so. If you have the funds, I would shoot for a Premium, but you may have to get a Pro now and sell it later to buy a Premium when they are more available later in 2022.

#5375 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

The pro shoots a little easier, all things considered. Both are fine games and you can’t go wrong with either!

#5376 2 years ago

Thanks well if anyone has a premium let me know looking to buy one.

#5377 2 years ago

Thank you PinMonk, it wasn't seeded all the way. Bam!

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Thank you PinMonk, it wasn't seeded all the way. Bam!

Great news it was only loose.

#5379 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That would be yours truly and I think your approach looks great!

#5380 2 years ago

I know it's been commented on many times but why does stern continue to use such crappy coil stops? I know it's all about saving a buck but in approximately 250 plays, right stop was completely shot and left was near as bad. I have pinball life ones on hand, 5 minute fix, but this needs to be fixed stern!

#5381 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I know it's been commented on many times but why does stern continue to use such crappy coil stops? I know it's all about saving a buck but in approximately 250 plays, right stop was completely shot and left was near as bad. I have pinball life ones on hand, 5 minute fix, but this needs to be fixed stern!

Stern has been shipping games with these known bad, crappy coil stops for YEARS now. All to save, what? 5 cents? Stern will cut "invisible" costs past the point they should, just to find the line. Their cabinet and playfield issues from prior games testify to that.

And it IS a Stern problem, because the Pinball Life ones are rock solid once you make the change.

#5382 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wow. Not surprised, I will be checking mine now for sure.

#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern has been shipping games with these known bad, crappy coil stops for YEARS now. All to save, what? 5 cents? Stern will cut costs past the point they should, just to find the line. Their cabinet and playfield issues testify to that.
And it IS a Stern problem, because the Pinball Life ones are rock solid once you make the change.

To be fair to stern, the coil stops are the only quality issue I've had repeatedly. Never had cabinet, field or SD card issues. But this is so easy for them to fix. Not a huge deal, on sale they were about 2 bucks is all. Maybe I'm grumpy cuz of all the vacuuming I had to do around pinwoofer amp and cab speaker

#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To be fair to stern, the coil stops are the only quality issue I've had repeatedly. Never had cabinet, field or SD card issues. But this is so easy for them to fix. Not a huge deal, on sale they were about 2 bucks is all. Maybe I'm grumpy cuz of all the vacuuming I had to do around pinwoofer amp and cab speaker

It’s right on. Gotta replace them out of the box around 250-300 plays. You will feel it, and the improvement when you do.

#5385 2 years ago

It’s hit or miss. Mine are fine 600-700 games in.

#5386 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

It’s right on. Gotta replace them out of the box around 250-300 plays. You will feel it, and the improvement when you do.

I've done em in lz and met this year, both 500+ plays, but they weren't near this bad. The right one, the center is ready to fall out ,left is spinning, but not as bad .

#5387 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions after watching this review. I've just had my LE a few days...best score so far is 285 million. But there are a couple of things in this video I haven't seen on my machine.

In this video, I don't see the building collapsing down with the usual STDM single file spill like I get on my machine. In the video it looks like the building isn't lowering itself down and the balls exit the building from behind it or from lower inside it to start multiball?

Also, I've never seen my bridge completely separate and a ball fall between the two halves like in the video. Maybe it's happened and I just haven't looked up to see it during bridge multiball. If you look up for one second on this game, your ball is gone.

Appreciate any input. Thanks!

#5388 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's been a few years since they went too cheap on the cabinets and corner braces. It was worst around the Ghostbusters era, but they've corrected back so it's mostly ok, now. Cab wood is still crappier than pre-KISS, but better than around Ghostbusters. Playfield stuff is mostly worked out now, it seems. SD card issues from using the absolute dregs of SD memory are still hit or miss, but not widespread.

But who knows what the next area Stern will try to over-cost-reduce with no warning and let their customers beta-test?

#5389 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,
I have a couple of questions after watching this review. I've just had my LE a few days...best score so far is 285 million. But there are a couple of things in this video I haven't seen on my machine.
In this video, I don't see the building collapsing down with the usual STDM single file spill like I get on my machine. In the video it looks like the building isn't lowering itself down and the balls exit the building from behind it or from lower inside it to start multiball?
Also, I've never seen my bridge completely separate and a ball fall between the two halves like in the video. Maybe it's happened and I just haven't looked up to see it during bridge multiball. If you look up for one second on this game, your ball is gone.

It's for bridge multiball. Possible you haven't seen it yet. Focus on hitting captive ball and left tamp to activate

#5390 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,

Maybe you have a pro and not premium.........

#5391 2 years ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Maybe you have a pro and not premium.........

Nope....LE #98

#5392 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Sounds like me last week lol!

#5393 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Yours is right. Have you checked your machine's level side to side with a digital level (NOT a phone app)? Try turning your right front leg leveler 1/4 turn up to make it ever-so-slightly higher and then test the building ball release. Adjust, test, repeat until the balls aren't releasing SDTM anymore.

#5394 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Those are exactly what I have in my The Walking Dead (Pro) . They do improve the clarity but they are also less efficient than the cabinet woofer and thus the balance of the sound is no longer in the head but more from below. I have an in-line volume control to install on the woofer but haven't done it yet.
I got the Flipper Fidelity basic kit for Godzilla and the install went great until the woofer. Unfortunately the factory screws are to short so I need to get something to extend them. Hopefully my trusty Ace Hardware is open today, it snowed overnight and continues to dump which means that the PNW is all but shut down now - People out here don't really feel comfortable driving in this stuff!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You can adjust the levels between the cabinet and back box speakers in the stern volume menu. You can even set the crossover db so you can make the cabinet more or less boomey. I had bought all these resistors and in line volume controls and then found all the options in the volume menu. The thing that threw me off is a menu called volume made me think it only had volume in it. It is also where you set the speaker impedance.

#5395 2 years ago
Quoted from troon47:

Hi all,

You can always grab a ball from another machine and place it on the lower glass just above the lockbar and see which way it rolls to level it. I have mine just a tab bit leaning left as Pinmonk suggests

#5396 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

You can adjust the levels between the cabinet and back box speakers in the stern volume menu. You can even set the crossover db so you can make the cabinet more or less boomey. I had bought all these resistors and in line volume controls and then found all the options in the volume menu. The thing that threw me off is a menu called volume made me think it only had volume in it. It is also where you set the speaker impedance.

Hmm where can the cabinet speaker volume be boosted? I only see overall volume and a balance setting. But balance does not really boost the sub really. Its very minor effect.

#5397 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for Xilien Controller Figures:

ebay.com link: itm

#5398 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just put the finishing touches on a mod to stop the Godzilla multi-ball SDTM issue. I have been testing this for the past few weeks and it works great. All three balls feed to the left flipper and you get a nice separation after they rebound off the flipper. Regarding installation, it takes less than 5 minutes. You remove the 4 screws holding on the two standard plastics on top of the building, remove the spacers from the old plastics and put them on this mod, slide the baseplate into position, and add the four screws. I have about 6 mods ready to go at the moment. I am selling these for $45 each which includes shipping. The mod can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix
Stay safe and play more pinball! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic looking mod! Looking forward to getting it!

#5399 2 years ago

Cheers, I actual did try adding as a comet spotlight, but unfortunately there wasn't enough clearance between the post and the bridge to be able to rotate/aim the spotlight in any direction other than at the right ramp.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9e4b07333e6850a6206c6d4b06bb9708f4c3202b-1640621204-1800"};
//]]>

Nice idea, I’ll try this out tomorrow when I have some time and see if the spotlight seems too bulky & if the wedge fire bulb casts as much light as the post fire led.
Fyi these are great I always keep some sets handy for extending/redirecting when adding spots to games, they have them listed under Star Wars and there’s two different styles basically get both and you’ll have two diff length options:

https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pro-pinball-spotlight-bracket?_pos=19&_sid=fb2b13daa&_ss=r&variant=42270962632

#5400 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers, I actual did try adding as a comet spotlight, but unfortunately there wasn't enough clearance between the post and the bridge to be able to rotate/aim the spotlight in any direction other than at the right ramp.

If anybody else does figure out a good way to jerry rig and aim it, do please post!

Nice idea, I’ll try this when I get some time and see if the spot is too bulky there and if the fire bulb puts off as much fire as the post version.
FYI these are great to keep both sets handy to extend/redirect when adding spotlights to any game, they list them under Star Wars and there’s 2 diff styles that give you 2 diff length options:
https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pro-pinball-spotlight-bracket?_pos=19&_sid=fb2b13daa&_ss=r&variant=42270962632

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 210.00
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 546.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/108?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.