IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
20240319_163550 (resized).jpg
20240319_163609 (resized).jpg
20240319_163600 (resized).jpg
20240318_181310 (resized).jpg
20240318_181348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 544.
#5251 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

hooked a psw10 subwoofer up to my machine using gweempose 's sub connector kit...that plus the shaker has made this so crazily immersive, it's not funny...
[quoted image]

Actually I think the game is pretty hilarious. . You installed two of my must haves. Shaker and sub. Add a knocker and speaker light kits and you’ll be in business!

#5252 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone done anything other than an le style powder coat on a pro? Or photoshopped it? Wondering what orange, yellow, green and red look like, so many colours on the art don’t know what would look good!

Yes, there are already other variations showing up in this thread. I have a custom Mechagodzilla theme almost ready to go on my game. Waiting for it to arrive.

07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpg07e9eec0b38945d99d3ff337551c761bbc23a9e4 (resized).jpg
#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

hooked a psw10 subwoofer up to my machine using gweempose 's sub connector kit...that plus the shaker has made this so crazily immersive, it's not funny...
[quoted image]

Pinnovators kit is what I use. Great subwoofer to use. I am going to use one on my pro.

#5254 2 years ago

Picked up my pro yesterday from FedEx. Setting up tonight for Christmas Day.

39C71347-6038-4254-984B-3E4AEA1C3C40 (resized).jpeg39C71347-6038-4254-984B-3E4AEA1C3C40 (resized).jpeg
#5255 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Picked up my pro yesterday from FedEx. Setting up tonight for Christmas Day.
[quoted image]

Merry Christmas!! What an awesome day that will be.

#5256 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Merry Christmas!! What an awesome day that will be.

Very happy. Delivery was set for Sunday so glad they let me come and pick it up. Merry Christmas to you! Art blades from wizard mod arrive today.

#5257 2 years ago

Found this tiny screw in front of the scoop. (Premium) any ideas where it is from?

863EB8F4-379B-4433-AEC4-D4E5B3D85572 (resized).jpeg863EB8F4-379B-4433-AEC4-D4E5B3D85572 (resized).jpeg
#5258 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Found this tiny screw in front of the scoop. (Premium) any ideas where it is from? [quoted image]

Check the clear plastics. Mine came off the raised plastic on the left side. It screws into the hex standoffs to hold the clear plastic on.

#5259 2 years ago

Has .85 been recalled? I just got home from vacation & wanted to update from .81, but my game says it’s up to date & won’t download the new code. Did I miss something?

#5260 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Has .85 been recalled? I just got home from vacation & wanted to update from .81, but my game says it’s up to date & won’t download the new code. Did I miss something?

No, sometimes the wifi updating does that. You can still download 0.85 manually and install fine with a USB stick. Still on Stern's site.

#5261 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, sometimes the wifi updating does that. You can still download 0.85 manually and install fine with a USB stick. Still on Stern's site.

I just turned on the game again and now it’s WiFi updating. Thanks. Weird.

#5262 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just turned on the game again and now it’s WiFi updating. Thanks. Weird.

I'm sure it's just growing pains/learning curve with the wifi updating. They'll get it smoothed out eventually.

#5263 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the clear plastics. Mine came off the raised plastic on the left side. It screws into the hex standoffs to hold the clear plastic on.

Looks exactly like those but those are there. I gotta really look tomorrow I guess.

#5264 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Looks exactly like those but those are there. I gotta really look tomorrow I guess.

There are clear plastics supported by hex standoffs all over the playfield, so likely one of those in another location.

#5265 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I would like the New Yorker guy callouts much more if they were only used when you are "in" New York. Then they could add some French ones for Paris and British ones for London- like Attack from Mars!

I'll record the British ones for free

#5266 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Found this tiny screw in front of the scoop. (Premium) any ideas where it is from? [quoted image]

check the rubber bumpers under the building... those are small hex machine bolts holding the plate that secures the rubber.

#5267 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Joined the club today with LE #175.[quoted image]

Nice timing for Christmas

#5268 2 years ago

I turn away for one minute…

C289277F-3FEC-4A53-AF63-C59CE6C7998B (resized).jpegC289277F-3FEC-4A53-AF63-C59CE6C7998B (resized).jpeg
#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I turn away for one minute…
[quoted image]

Must be Italian, going for the feast of the 7 fishes. Or just kicked the shit out of Ebirah a few times

#5270 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually I think the game is pretty hilarious. . You installed two of my must haves. Shaker and sub. Add a knocker and speaker light kits and you’ll be in business!

i adore it. Not sure i'll go with the speaker lights, but I definitely ordered a shaker the minute I got the ship notification for my premium. Shaker and sub are the first two things I'll recommend to anyone who gets this machine

#5271 2 years ago

So curious what people are paying for LE's now who have bought in the last few weeks. I see many listed on pinside NIB for $16k...is that what people are paying? For those that own the pin already, would you pay $16k for it now if you had to?

#5272 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So curious what people are paying for LE's now who have bought in the last few weeks. I see many listed on pinside NIB for $16k...is that what people are paying? For those that own the pin already, would you pay $16k for it now if you had to?

Why would you have to? I would never pay over MSRP for a game.

#5273 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

No. Order a Premium, and then pick up a Pro now until the Premium ships next year. No reason to pay extra for the LE, when it's identical to the Premium. And no reason to pay extra for a used Premium, when Pros are currently in stock.

#5274 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hell no....that's just dumb and part of the problem over the past year or so with this hobby now.. I almost thought about getting a le when they were 12k( very briefly)bc I wanted one now....then came to my senses...... decided that a premium plays exactly the same for much much less and was lucky to find one day before Thanksgiving.

#5275 2 years ago

I wanna also say that godzilla premium is my favorite stern and quickly becoming one of my overall favorites..... the layout is so so well done and just offers so many shots but yet it's fast ,flowy and is a ass kicker most of the time. I enjoyed the pro but wanted the full game and I'm a sucker for neat mechs and physical ball locks... I love the jump ramp into mechzilla and knocking the shield down. The different ball paths threw the building is a neat touch also and really helps in some modes. I wasn't a huge godzilla fan but enjoyed the movies and things This is one of sterns best theme integration imo and this game has it all from great tunes to funny as heck callouts and so much more . I definitely have a much better appreciation for the old toho godzilla film's. The last code update was top notch and can't wait to see where it's at when we get to 1.00+. Just a job well done stern and I'm very impressed with this whole package .
Its a instant classic and must have for most collectors. Wow wow wow..

#5276 2 years ago

Anyone come up with a good way to light up the back left corner/Godzilla figure area on the Pro?

I added a 3 led Comet strip to the backside of the metal habitrail exit of the building, so it's hidden from view and directed straight at my added GZ figure. Used a small Comet matrix brightness adjuster, and turned it down so it's very subtle though. Plugged into a matrix led bulb/splitter in place of the GI bulb behind the magna-grab, wiring routed thru the playfield opening for the building opto just below where the strip is mounted. Seems to work great, not sure the lighting really shows up in a picture, but an improvement imo.

Anyone come up with a better solution? Some flasher tie-in as well or instead would be pretty cool perhaps.
20211223_153815 (resized).jpg20211223_153815 (resized).jpg20211223_160319 (resized).jpg20211223_160319 (resized).jpg

#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Funny thing is when people say you aren’t being one, you actually are. This is a good fix and won’t detach after play like a furniture bumper will.

Fixed my original post for you.

#5278 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Anyone come up with a good way to light up the back left corner/Godzilla figure area on the Pro?
I added a 3 led Comet strip to the backside of the metal habitrail exit of the building, so it's hidden from view and directed straight at my added GZ figure. Used a small Comet matrix brightness adjuster, and turned it down so it's very subtle though. Plugged into a matrix led bulb/splitter in place of the GI bulb behind the magna-grab, wiring routed thru the playfield opening for the building opto just below where the strip is mounted. Seems to work great, not sure the lighting really shows up in a picture, but an improvement imo.

I would go with an orange, red, or green one, the white is too stark for the environment Godzilla's in.

#5279 2 years ago

Help request: Recently, my left slingshot trigger has ended up on the other side of the rubber. After putting it back a few times i looked to see if there was an underlying cause and discovered that the top screw (? Not sure if the correct term) on the slingshot was popped up a good bit out of the playfield when compared to its counterpart on the right side as well as the bottom screw on the left.

I took off the glass to push the screw fully down and discovered i couldn't get it to go all the way through. Comparing the top and bottom holes, I see that the bottom has a recessed ring around the top of the hole while the top does not. I'm assuming both are supposed to.

Any recommendations on what I can do to get the screw to go fully through the playfield? I notice that there is already a little damage around each hole (more on the top) due to the slingshot frame popping out.

CameraZOOM-20211224185421002 (resized).jpgCameraZOOM-20211224185421002 (resized).jpgCameraZOOM-20211224185438436 (resized).jpgCameraZOOM-20211224185438436 (resized).jpgCameraZOOM-20211224185502591 (resized).jpgCameraZOOM-20211224185502591 (resized).jpg
#5280 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Help request: Recently, my left slingshot trigger has ended up on the other side of the rubber. After putting it back a few times i looked to see if there was an underlying cause and discovered that the top screw (? Not sure if the correct term) on the slingshot was popped up a good bit out of the playfield when compared to its counterpart on the right side as well as the bottom screw on the left.

Look under the playfield, are there T-Nuts at the end of both of those holes? It sounds like one of the T-nuts is missing which is what grabs into the playfield and secures the screw you turn into it from the top side.

This is the wrong kind of screw on top, but should give you an idea how T-nuts work.

t-nut (resized).jpgt-nut (resized).jpg
#5281 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Anyone come up with a better solution? Some flasher tie-in as well or instead would be pretty cool perhaps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I know for me, once I get my bridge mod installed and I see what room/spacing I'm working with, I'm going to utilize those hex nuts on the left plastics, in between the Godzilla figure and the left wireform, to put Comet posts and spotlights (may double up on the spotlights back there). There is a nice split between two plastics there on the left in that area that will allow the matrix wire to run through and then I'll hook to GI underneath the playfield.

#5282 2 years ago

Decided to get mine framed for hanging. Came out pretty good!

269701710_10107693507770555_7802500623540655319_n (resized).jpg269701710_10107693507770555_7802500623540655319_n (resized).jpg

#5283 2 years ago

Curious, anyone spot and Christmas Easter Eggs in Zilla today as of yet? If there is any at all.....

#5284 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Yes, there are already other variations showing up in this thread. I have a custom Mechagodzilla theme almost ready to go on my game. Waiting for it to arrive.
[quoted image]

Those are effing awesome! Looking forward to seeing picture of everything installed. Nicely done.

#5285 2 years ago

I got a surprise Godzilla themed gift… super fitting for the collapsing building (even tho I have the Pro)…

Merry Christmas everyone!

0907B7BA-7DB7-4F97-BEA0-521F8CF92F02 (resized).jpeg0907B7BA-7DB7-4F97-BEA0-521F8CF92F02 (resized).jpeg447B4E1F-4DEE-4F12-B333-3DDC85F84BCA (resized).jpeg447B4E1F-4DEE-4F12-B333-3DDC85F84BCA (resized).jpeg
#5286 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I took off the glass to push the screw fully down and discovered i couldn't get it to go all the way through. Comparing the top and bottom holes, I see that the bottom has a recessed ring around the top of the hole while the top does not. I'm assuming both are supposed to.
Any recommendations on what I can do to get the screw to go fully through the playfield? I notice that there is already a little damage around each hole (more on the top) due to the slingshot frame popping out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Since you've already discovered Comet there's nothing more I can add. They have a great product at very cheap prices and you get candy too. You can get trough lighting or add spot lights very cheaply. The Comet and Wizard mod sites I spend most of my money on
Sorry! I should have used the Pinkoft quote.

#5287 2 years ago

Omg you guys look at my Christmas present! 20211225_104819 (resized).jpg20211225_104819 (resized).jpg

#5288 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Omg you guys look at my Christmas present! [quoted image]

I played the heck out of that game when I was a kid. It’s awesome. Might be time to fire up the old NES.

#5289 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I know for me, once I get my bridge mod installed and I see what room/spacing I'm working with, I'm going to utilize those hex nuts on the left plastics, in between the Godzilla figure and the left wireform, to put Comet posts and spotlights (may double up on the spotlights back there). There is a nice split between two plastics there on the left in that area that will allow the matrix wire to run through and then I'll hook to GI underneath the playfield.

This is what I am going to do. I will let you know how it goes. Today I unveil the game for the family. It’s a family present.

#5290 2 years ago

This is what I am going to do. I will let you know how it goes. Today I unveil the game for the family. It’s a family present.

Matter of fact, I just completed that lighting edition just now. I did 2 lights on one post (frosted warm white underneath and comet fire bulb above) both facing up at the Godzilla. I used the larger piggy bank one that I painted, and this extra lighting looks very good I think.

I also added two spotlights on one post behind the scoop sign, one facing at mechagodzilla, the other cross-play field aimed towards the Drake building. I opted to use the fire bulb below facing at mechagodzilla and the warm white bulb facing the Drake building.

I liked the idea that one Pinsider had with the comet fire bulb underneath the playfield situated by the stand ups in front of the Drake building. I had some fire star post lights that I used for now, but I think I will be ultimately using bulb style, as you can see the small LEDs themselves flickering in that playfield hole, which is not my preference, but it does look pretty cool.

I also went through the game and exchanged all of the stern stock cool white lights for warm white, which is my personal preference. Fortunately, I had a warm white wedge base for the 8 SMD there at the left stock spotlight, but I need to get some bayoneted warm white's for the three lights on the backboard.

While there is nothing I can do about the lights at the outlanes underneath the jets, I will be exchanging the apron lights for warm white and adding a warm white trough light.

All that said, I will probably be adding more spotlights as time goes on, next spot will be to the left of the left spinner hovering over the wireform (just past and to the left of the stock spotlight) where I will probably double if not triple up some spotlights and spread some additional light across the center playfield, and then probably spotlights at the slings.

#5291 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Matter of fact, I just completed that lighting edition just now. I did 2 lights on one post (frosted warm white underneath and comet fire bulb above) both facing up at the Godzilla. I used the larger piggy bank one that I painted, and this extra lighting looks very good I think.
I also added two spotlights on one post behind the scoop sign, one facing at mechagodzilla, the other cross-play field aimed towards the Drake building. I opted to use the fire bulb below facing at mechagodzilla and the warm white bulb facing the Drake building.
I also went through the game and exchanged all of the lights for warm white, which is my personal preference. Fortunately, I had a wedge base for the 8 SMD there at the left stock spotlight, but I need to get some bayoneted warm white's for the three lights on the backboard.
While there is nothing I can do about the lights at the outlanes underneath the jets, I will be exchanging the apron lights for warm white and adding a warm white trough light.
All that said, I will probably be adding more spotlights as time goes on, next spot will be to the left of the left spinner hovering over the wireform (just past into the left of the stock spotlight).

Do you have pics? Sounds awesome

#5292 2 years ago

Do you have pics? Sounds awesome

I'm excited to show pictures, but I am going to wait till a couple more lights come in and I get them installed, along with a couple other ideas that I been having... and then I'll post some pictures so I can show the full ensemble

#5293 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just put the finishing touches on a mod to stop the Godzilla multi-ball SDTM issue. I have been testing this for the past few weeks and it works great. All three balls feed to the left flipper and you get a nice separation after they rebound off the flipper. Regarding installation, it takes less than 5 minutes. You remove the 4 screws holding on the two standard plastics on top of the building, remove the spacers from the old plastics and put them on this mod, slide the baseplate into position, and add the four screws. I have about 6 mods ready to go at the moment. I am selling these for $45 each which includes shipping. The mod can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/05681-godzilla-prem-le-building-mod-multi-ball-sdtm-fix
Stay safe and play more pinball! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

fantastic mod and fantastic design. I usually don't do a lot of mods, but this one is a must. And reasonably priced. order placed.

#5294 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

fantastic mod and fantastic design. I usually don't do a lot of mods, but this one is a must. And reasonably priced. order placed.

I'm glad you posted this, there's so much going on on this thread it's hard to keep up with everything. This one slipped through the cracks for me. I'm a ways out before I see my premium, but I'm stockpiling mods early. Order placed.

#5295 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ditto. This is a reasonably priced fix with a great looking design. Solves a problem simply, especially when you have minor OCD and getting the game to drop the balls without going SDTM makes the machine actually not perfectly level relative to all of my levels and PinGuy phone app, and also makes the machine look off next to the game I have beside it.

I ordered one when it was posted last night!

#5296 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Ditto. This is a reasonably priced fix with a great looking design. Solves a problem simply, especially when you have minor OCD and getting the game to drop the balls without going SDTM makes the machine actually not perfectly level relative to all of my levels and PinGuy phone app, and also makes the machine look off next to the game I have beside it.
I ordered one when it was posted last night!

The mod is super cool and well designed. I’m glad I got my order in

#5297 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look under the playfield, are there T-Nuts at the end of both of those holes? It sounds like one of the T-nuts is missing which is what grabs into the playfield and secures the screw you turn into it from the top side.
This is the wrong kind of screw on top, but should give you an idea how T-nuts work.
[quoted image]

Thanks - I'll take a look.

#5298 2 years ago

I haven't been this excited to open a box on Christmas in a long time. I was fortunate to pick up a Godzilla Pro earlier this month.

IMG_20211225_082455734 (resized).jpgIMG_20211225_082455734 (resized).jpg
#5300 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

I haven't been this excited to open a box on Christmas in a long time. I was fortunate to pick up a Godzilla Pro earlier this month.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I think it's the best Pro machine Stern's ever done. Just got mine a week ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 120.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 27,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 544.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/106?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.