Flipper Shaft Gold (resized).jpg
Insider Connected Stern Events  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3527 (resized).jpg
IMG_8404 (resized).JPG
IMG_8416 (resized).JPG
IMG_8407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,912 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 239.
#5101 6 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Couldn’t wait for the Stern art blades, and hate all the 3rd party ones, so I made my own.
I used images of destroyed buildings from all over the playfield and cabinet art and printed it out at Staples. $16. Not as nice as vinyl, but good enough for now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

love it. that's what I wanted to do as well. City buildings with damage action. Perfect job. Looks great.

#5102 6 months ago

I Finally Got the Flow Going on this Game. Pretty Much made it to the end of the new code , becaquse I accomplished evrything I could. Godzilla Controlled all 4 cities and Icompleted ALL Battles and than the code started doing funny stuff when I went back into the scoop! It kept looping and Not starting NEW battle. I cannot wait to see what the NEW CODE Brings. That Saucer Multiball is a cool mode!

20211221_224500 (resized).jpg20211221_225428 (resized).jpg
#5103 6 months ago

Had some good games on a premium, then went back to the pro, wondering if I would miss the mechs. Have to say, what I really noticed is that the pro has all the same adrenalin, it was just as exciting. You can't go wrong with either choice, it's simply an amazing combination of layout and lighting and media assets.

#5104 6 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just had a killer game on my LE. Godzilla controlled all 4 cities and did Saucer Multiball twice among other things. My hands are still shaking a bit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Saucer Attack Multiball can only be played once per game.

#5105 6 months ago

For those of you leveling your machine, note that despite appearances the building targets are not perfectly parallel to the flippers.

20211222_064712 (resized).jpg20211222_064720 (resized).jpg
#5106 6 months ago

The proof is in the infallible use of legometrics you see before your eyes.

#5107 6 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The proof is in the infallible use of legometrics you see before your eyes.

I trust the precision of lego more than I trust just about anything else. The lego's I had as a kid are mixed with the one's I've bought my kids. I have yet to find a NAME BRAND LEGO that did not integrate and work perfectly with every other lego.

I use legos when I level my machine to get the level even on different parts of the playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tip-how-to-level-your-machine-and-how-legos-can-help

#5108 6 months ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just dipping my toes into this game so far.
I have seen the newer Godzilla movie’s over the last 20 years or but don’t really remember the other monsters as well nor i have i ever seen the really old movies…i recall flashes of them as a small kid but that’s all.
Well, for you HBO Max folks, me and my son were scrolling through looking dor something to watch last night and there are a bunch of old Godzilla movies available. Those are definitely on my watch next plan!
Just thought some of you might like to know…

And I made the family suffer through every single one of them...

#5109 6 months ago

I personally found this amusing when I first saw it.

It's a photo of a prototype playfield with the original Mechagodzilla that people might recognize from the Walking Dead game.

The photo is a picture of a picture on a screen. So it's fairly low resolution.

20211030_193446 (resized).jpg
#5110 6 months ago

What's that in the back left?

#5111 6 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What's that in the back left?

the left ramp loopback?

#5113 6 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you get sauced multiball ?

For me it’s 3-5 glasses of rum… any more and my skills deteriorate too fast to trigger a MB in the game….

Actual answer: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--saucerattack

#5114 6 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

How do you get sauced multiball ?

If you get sauced enough, every ball is a multiball! I've got four-flippers, two for each one of you!

#5115 6 months ago

Just added a shaker motor. Highly recommended.

#5116 6 months ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's a photo of a prototype playfield with the original Mechagodzilla that people might recognize from the Walking Dead game.

The photo is a picture of a picture on a screen. So it's fairly low resolution.

It looks like there was originally a captive ball between the right ramp and the upper loop shot. That would have been badass, but it probably made that lane too tight.

#5117 6 months ago

I was playing my brother's Godzilla Premium the other day and the very first game, I got an airball that landed between Mecha's head and left arm...well, right arm if you're looking directly at him. Had to scoot the glass down a little to remove that one.
Are his arms adjustable at all? My brother is still too scared to pull the glass lol...so hopefully this doesn't happen to him when I'm not there.

#5118 6 months ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

My brother is still too scared to pull the glass lol

I've had a couple airballs from MG that land on the ramp.

Your brother's is in for a tough ride if he can't handle super simple stuff like that. Owning pinball requires a very basic level of DIY.

#5119 6 months ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

My brother is still too scared to pull the glass lol...

Easy Christmas gift - teach him!

A lifelong friend of mine finally got his first pin and I've been showing him the basics for a while. It's been fun. You forget what it was like back when you started.

#5120 6 months ago
Quoted from VanSkalen:

For me it’s 3-5 glasses of rum… any more and my skills deteriorate too fast to trigger a MB in the game….
Actual answer: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210#heading--saucerattack

Quoted from Drain-O:

If you get sauced enough, every ball is a multiball! I've got four-flippers, two for each one of you!

haha ok you guys got me there!

#5121 6 months ago

quick poll of the owners here...has anyone noticed much thermal drop off on the flippers? I feel like i may, but it could just my subconscious trying to make up for my crappy play on longer sessions

#5122 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So what exactly qualifies kiju battle? Is it just hitting the ramps a few times? I feel like some games i qualify it right away and others it takes forever.
Also, i think im feeling some flipper fade on right flipper deep into games. I think its time for pinmonk coil fans on this one

Quoted from Muymanwell:

quick poll of the owners here...has anyone noticed much thermal drop off on the flippers? I feel like i may, but it could just my subconscious trying to make up for my crappy play on longer sessions

I did, and I installed PinMonks cooling kit and fade went away.

#5123 6 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Godzilla has fade, for sure. With stock settings it takes longer to get to fade (unlike, say Stranger Things that gets there in about 15 minutes), but if you're playing long sessions, you WILL feel it.

And it dovetails with this, so might as well add that the magnet cooler is going in the store here and on pinmonk.com later today. It requires a Tibetan Breeze kit already be installed as it uses the left over connector from the 3 Flipper SLE1 kit or the 2 flipper kit to power it.

magnet_bracket_picture_sml (resized).jpg
#5124 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Godzilla has fade, for sure. With stock settings it takes longer to get to fade (unlike, say Stranger Things that gets there in about 15 minutes), but if you're playing long sessions, you WILL feel it.
And it dovetails with this, so might as well add that the magnet cooler is going in the store here and on pinmonk.com later today. It requires a Tibetan Breeze kit already be installed as it uses the left over connector from the 3 Flipper SLE1 kit or the 2 flipper kit to power it.[quoted image]

Hot damn, already have the matching kit, can't wait to add this, thanks PinMonk.

#5125 6 months ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The photo is a picture of a picture on a screen. So it's fairly low resolution. [quoted image]

Looks like a king ghidora figure in the back right which looks awesome. That kinda explains the emptiness in that area now. Probably pulled out of final production for cost reasons…

#5126 6 months ago

Do the coil coolers truly help?

#5127 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And it dovetails with this, so might as well add that the magnet cooler is going in the store here and on pinmonk.com later today. It requires a Tibetan Breeze kit already be installed as it uses the left over connector from the 3 Flipper SLE1 kit or the 2 flipper kit to power it.[quoted image]

the breeze kit is why i wanted to make sure i wasn't losing my mind feeling it before i pulled the trigger. what is "this" that you have photographed here? I was looking at the Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 3 Flipper Coil Cooling Kit - SPECIAL LAUNCH EDITION, but if there's an add-on coming today that is needed, i should wait

#5128 6 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

the breeze kit is why i wanted to make sure i wasn't losing my mind feeling it before i pulled the trigger. what is "this" that you have photographed here? I was looking at the Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 3 Flipper Coil Cooling Kit - SPECIAL LAUNCH EDITION, but if there's an add-on coming today that is needed, i should wait

just realized, it's for the magnet, derpderp

#5129 6 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

This is an optional add that also cools the magnet coil. On earlier releases the magnet was fading very heavily very quickly. Recent releases (including 0.85) it's been better since it's used less and held shorter (especially on the Pro), but on long sessions it can still fade like flippers and have trouble with holding fast and strong. This prevents that.

#5130 6 months ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Do the coil coolers truly help?

Yes, I have had mine on since week 2 of owning the game and they make game play so much better. I know other have posted of zero fade issues, however I can only speak to my game.

#5131 6 months ago

Most I've played at a time is just shy of an hour (lunch breaks) and havent noticed fade in those few times. What I might do first if I start seeing a lack of power is replace coil stops. Not sure if the ones on this one is any different from the other Stern games. My aiq stops were shot at around 200 games. And think most of those games were short.

#5132 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is an optional add that also cools the magnet coil. On earlier releases the magnet was fading very heavily very quickly. Recent releases (including 0.85) it's been better since it's used less and held shorter (especially on the Pro), but on long sessions it can still fade like flippers and have trouble with holding fast and strong. This prevents that.

ya, i remember that being an issue earlier. I'll wait until it's in the shop, then

#5133 6 months ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Most I've played at a time is just shy of an hour (lunch breaks) and havent noticed fade in those few times. What I might do first if I start seeing a lack of power is replace coil stops. Not sure if the ones on this one is any different from the other Stern games. My aiq stops were shot at around 200 games. And think most of those games were short.

Godzilla is a slow build for coil temps, more like LZ or Star Wars, so you probably won't notice fade in an hour. But once you get there, fade is easy to tell apart from coil stop issues. Coil stops problems are there from the beginning of play if they're bad. Faded coils were fine when you start, but get bad once they heat up after a longer session. Then when you let them cool off and come back later, they're fine again. Coil stop issues aren't like that.

#5134 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Godzilla is a slow build for coil temps, more like LZ or Star Wars, so you probably won't notice fade in an hour. But once you get there, fade is easy to tell apart from coil stop issues. Coil stops problems are there from the beginning of play if they're bad. Faded coils were fine when you start, but get bad once they heat up after a longer session. Then when you let them cool off and come back later, they're fine again. Coil stop issues aren't like that.

Yeah, the AIQ when the coil stops were starting to give, shots were still makeable early on in the gameplay, but more noticeable later on with light fade, i guess. I replaced the stops first, and it improved shots at around the timeframe I was starting to see bigger issues, then around at the 1hour mark I noticed the bigger fade issue (usually when the shots were getting a PITA i stopped playing so never really made it critical heat). The fans helped us get to pretty much non-stop playing afterwards.

Later when the pin gets to a nice spot at home, we'll be getting more gametime, so we'll see how it does 1-2 hours of gametime.

#5135 6 months ago

Just had a laugh-out-loud moment. I was pressing the flipper buttons to hear the callouts during attract mode. I laughed when the deadpan radio announcer says, “Just like the songs says, We’re gonna super jackpot around the clock!”

#5136 6 months ago

Just out of interest how long does it take for the coils to cool through just not playing without the fans? I need to add fans to my games as I like to play one game for an evening rather than jump between games so I definitely notice some fade

#5137 6 months ago
Quoted from pinball_happy:

Just had a laugh-out-loud moment. I was pressing the flipper buttons to hear the callouts during attract mode. I laughed when the deadpan radio announcer says, “Just like the songs says, We’re gonna super jackpot around the clock!”

Haha! I just got that one myself not more than an hour ago!

#5138 6 months ago

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Monster Zero? I'd like to put one in mine when I get it.

#5139 6 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Just out of interest how long does it take for the coils to cool through just not playing without the fans? I need to add fans to my games as I like to play one game for an evening rather than jump between games so I definitely notice some fade

With fans if you stop flipping, they go back to ambient room temp in just a couple minutes because the fans keep them around 100-120F and when you stop flipping they go below 100F really quickly. Without active cooling if you give them a break of 10-15 minutes they cool off enough to ease the fade unless they were way out of bounds like a JJP Pirates game with 249F coils (that were measured at that temp!). Those would take a while to cool off. For a "normal" Stern Spike fade temp of 150-180F, give them 10-15 minutes and they should be back to 100F or so. But letting them cool for a bit without active cooling, you'll get to fade faster when you resume playing than from a cold machine.

#5140 6 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Monster Zero? I'd like to put one in mine when I get it.

I've been keeping my eyes out for a big one, for a DIY topper. Think it's very complimentary to the premium backglass

#5141 6 months ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I ordered pinmonk fans for it. I do notice that my right flipper is just slightly off compared to my right. Like it feels just a tad loose compared to the left. Would that be the “leaf” switch inside there needing to be adjusted? Do i just bend one with a needle nose plyer?

#5142 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I ordered pinmonk fans for it. I do notice that my right flipper is just slightly off compared to my right. Like it feels just a tad loose compared to the left. Would that be the “leaf” switch inside there needing to be adjusted? Do i just bend one with a needle nose plyer?

You can check your EOS switch is working correctly by going into switch test mode and manually raising the flipper slowly. The EOS should trigger on screen right as the flipper reaches its peak motion. If it's triggering too soon it robs power from the flipper stroke. If it's triggering too soon, you can bend it away a little so it registers later, then re-test to see if you got it right.

BTW, your fans went out today.

#5143 6 months ago

PinMonk
I have a GZ LE, and notice the fade when the family is over and we are playing 3-4 at a time on both the flippers and magna-grab

So to be certain what to order as I want to cool all....catch me up

Thanks
Ron

#5144 6 months ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

PinMonk
I have a GZ LE, and notice the fade when the family is over and we are playing 3-4 at a time on both the flippers and magna-grab
So to be certain what to order as I want to cool all....catch me up
Thanks
Ron

You just need the SLE1 Tibetan Breeze kit and the Dual Fan magnet cooling kit (the magnet kit will be in my pinside store here and on pinmonk.com later today). That'll cool all three flippers and put two fans on the magnet coil (one fan on each side).

#5145 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can check your EOS switch is working correctly by going into switch test mode and manually raising the flipper slowly. The EOS should trigger on screen right as the flipper reaches its peak motion. If it's triggering too soon it robs power from the flipper stroke. If it's triggering too soon, you can bend it away a little so it registers later, then re-test to see if you got it right.

ty sir

#5146 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Lower the trough eject power down to 180-190.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

I actually went down to 150! Still kicks out fine, and I figure the less power the better when it comes to preventing damage.

3110 balls, factory settings and I definitely have visible wear.

Quoted from Hipponotic:

Anyone else feel like if they mess up "King Ghidorah & Gigan" Tier 2 battle...they just wanna give up? LOL

I feel that way every time I lose a gem on AIQ. GZ just makes me happy every time.

Quoted from pinball_happy:

Has anyone seen the animation where Godzilla destroys his own pinball machine? I thought I saw it twice and then my daughter saw it too. Haven’t been able to get a good look at it yet.

Bridge attack I think.

#5147 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just tried this and they both seem identical in switch mode. So i dunno whats happening. Game is playing fine it just feels 1% off on that flipper.

#5148 6 months ago

Anybody ever try a simple 6 inch fan under the playfeild to eliminate flipper fade ?

#5149 6 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Anybody ever try a simple 6 inch fan under the playfeild to eliminate flipper fade ?

Need to narrow the scope of the cooling for it to have any realistic effect. Otherwise, the air is just moving around like a convection oven.

#5150 6 months ago

I just got an LE and have been reading about the building collapse diverting balls onto different ramps. Mine just dribbles them STDM single file every time. I'm currently running .85 code. Anyone know why the building is doing this? Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
There are 11,912 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!