IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unholyspectacle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 2 years ago

Welp, good thing I have been saving up for the mods. I knew someone would make a Maser and Oxygen destroyer. I would love to see a better Xilien ship as the shooter rod and one for the pop. No offense to the creator intended, but the one posted does not entice me. I would gladly play double that for one that really looks quality.

The other mods look good so far but I will wait till I see the finished products.

#60 2 years ago

Wow that looks big. Does that go in front of the bridge?

#64 2 years ago

The original ones did not have any coloring but I would match the artwork.

https://godzilla.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Bamboo_Fighter_Jet

#67 2 years ago

I planned on getting the flamin kit but the city silhouette is a nice touch. Does the flamin kit change color? It would be nice to make it blue as well.

#86 2 years ago

I can confirm that the magnet is an issue. Played around 6 hours today on a pro and we had to let the machine sit between games or else the magnet would stop working due to the heat. We also had some longer 3 player games where the magnet was working to start and mid game it would die. Surprisingly it would sometimes start working again mid game.

#93 2 years ago

Nothing beats the original Monster Zero design:

Quoted from Sleal16:

Trying out a couple of approaches for UFO designs. One more OG style and other sightly updated designs. The OG one I just put together quickly this morning, so the domes/curves will get some size adjustments as I play with it. Watcha guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image]

AC6B2ABA-E640-4A2B-8F94-145C98F62E01 (resized).pngAC6B2ABA-E640-4A2B-8F94-145C98F62E01 (resized).png
#98 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I would say don't worry about it, everyone has their own takes on things, one person's like could be someone else's dislike.

I agree, I’m sure many people will be building different mods based on the ship, oxygen destroyer, and the maser cannon. The good stuff will float to the top of folks buy list so make it rock and people will love it.

1 week later
#133 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Quick draft print+paint to get general idea on how well it translated. Next draft I'll have the print+paint edges more refined, now that I'm decently satisfied with the saucer shape. For the blue translucent, I'm hoping its light enough where the red+white LED from the game will shine through...but since I dont have similar LEDs at home I can test with it, will have to wait till the game comes in to play with it. if it masks it too much, will change it to a white translucent instead like one on the original pop bumper.
[quoted image]

This looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see it in a machine.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

In the works
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Any chance of doing a classic Godzilla print? While the modern design here looks OK I would love to have the classic.

Edit: I see Sleal explained above.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Looks great, but would the dark text be a bit hard to read, depending on lighting, once mounted(?)

I was going to say the same thing. I prefer the light text in the photo.

1 week later
#219 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Our Godzilla reptile scales Lockdown Bar Accent MOD is now available on our website, Pinside, eBay and hopefully through our distributors soon.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"729b0b6128b01288ffa83c597510cf098abefd39-1635435133-1800"};
//]]>

Below is a direct link to all of our Godzilla MODs on our website:
https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2058.htm
Thanks for looking.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet, any chance of making a version of this with a slightly larger white outline on the text? Even with the green outline the text is a bit hard to read.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fire the SHEAT Ray!

Haha. I thought the same thing. It might be best to reduce the spacing between the A, apostrophe, and the S to make it read better too.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Different take on the scoop light, interactive with the Select City insert. Requires light soldering.
[quoted image]

Quick point, the listing on your site says yellow only but this shows it switching between green and yellow to match the tank or city select. Just wanted to confirm if that was in error.

#283 2 years ago

DugFreez I am getting a premium but upgrading the speakers to the 5” flipper fidelity kit with their new plates. Do these work with the FF plates or would I need to buy yours?

#291 2 years ago

@pinmonk, Any updates for the magnet fan availability?

2 weeks later
#371 2 years ago

My hiragana skills are rusty but isn’t that “yuke yuke Gojira”. When you want “iku” for go.

#379 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It does say yuke yuke.

So I looked this up and did not realize that iku and yuku were the same depending on western or eastern Japan pronunciation. Which means ike and yuke are the same but yuku and yuke are mostly used when singing which means in an alternate reality where BOC is Japanese that is technically correct. You learn something new every day.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It also means to conquer so maybe that is what was intended here? Hard to say for sure since they did it in hiragana instead of kanji.

I would rather have a version that says “ike ike, gojira” as it seems more appropriate. But I only took two years of Japanese in college so fluent speakers can tell me which fits better.

2 weeks later
#448 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I wouldn't mind a saucer mod, but without the cone-shaped rays underneath. Just something to make the pop bumper a bit more 3d. The rays make me think of AFM, and cows getting sucked up, and so they don't bring to mind Godzilla or the Xiliians.

If you watch Invasion of Astro Monster you’ll definitely think of blue/green rays picking things up.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

What movie is Jet Jaguar in, vs Megalon? He doesn't seem to fit in the GZ universe to me - maybe if I watch that movie it'll click. Was Ultraman based on Jet Jaguar or vice versa?

Yep, Godzilla vs Megalon. Ultraman came first and JJ was based on Ultraman. He was actually designed by a fan when they had a contest for a new character.

1 month later
#863 2 years ago

Ha, I just got my planes and maser cannon in too. Great minds think alike. I have an extra Maser coming as well.

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If either you or ChipScott havecan extra maser to part with after your mods are done I’d be happy to buy it off you!

I’ll be sure to PM you once I have both and successfully installed one of them.

1 month later
#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Solid bronze master parts have arrived, next step, casting in white metal and chrome plating[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is what I have been waiting for, an OD mod that looks to be quality. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

1 month later
#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I want the shinny one in the middle

You mean the shining…

Shhh… do you want to get sued.

3 months later
#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

My issue with them (besides my aesthetic issue with FDM mods in general) is that the side of the machine already says Godzilla. The machine says Godzilla 5 times. Now 7 with these. . It's same issue with TMNT topper (I hope the official topper does not say Godzilla!)
Maybe with Katakana characters this would not be as bad. or just something besides the name of the pin.

I agree, Katakana would be the best option here.

3 months later
#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from bush3262:

I was originally thinking about getting Pinstadiums for my Premium but am having second thoughts now…it seems the dimming lights in certain modes are an essential element of the game, and Pinstadiums would interfere with that effect. Any others’ thoughts/experience on this?

Pin stadiums are triggered by the GI and other lights you connect to depending on the model of lights. You still get the dark moments in your games. I have them on EHOH and GZ and the games go dark when they are supposed to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider unholyspectacle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=unholyspectacle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.