IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tedwasright.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

It kind of bothered me that the plastics around the Mechanogodzilla were printed to look like metal but weren't actually metal. I laser cut a few pieces stainless steel pieces and I like the look of this better. It is the type of thing I could make (maybe even a slightly better version now that I have done it once) if there was interest. Would probably need to sell it for about $30 a set.
[quoted image]

I like it. May be interested. Let me know if you go ahead with it. How many pieces would you get for $30?

2 months later
#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I thought I would post this in case anyone was thinking about ordering Chrome Candy’s bridge plastic metal replacement. This is the best mod I have added to my GZ for two reasons…
1) It’s an aesthetically pleasing solution to the breaking plastic problem
2) While installing, I was able to properly fix the most frustrating problem on my game….LT ramp rattle rejection shots.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/05861-under-the-bridge-plastic-replacement
There are no instructions, so this is how I did it. First remove the c-clamp & washer from here
[quoted image]
Then remove the lock nut from underneath the bridge here.
[quoted image]
The RT half of the bridge will slide off the shafts. Be careful these washers & spacers don’t fall off this screw.
[quoted image]
First remove the plastic. There’s a small black screw & a lock nut holding it in place. When you try to remove the lock nut, the post screwed into the playfield t-nut will likely come out with it. No worries. You can separate them now.
[quoted image]
Use a magnet tool to remove the captive ball
[quoted image]
See this gap between the guide & the big magnet? It shouldn’t be there. 50% of my LR ramp shots would catch the edge of this guide, rattle around, and reject. Well no more! Time it fix this to ensure clean smooth shots to the LT ramp.
[quoted image]
Now some might grab some pliers & start bending metal, but not me. Remove the guide & do it right. So remove these two lock nuts & slide the guide out.
[quoted image]
Now that you gave the guide out, you’ll want to bend it slightly. Right here on the dotted line. Take it to your vice & bend as needed. Then reinstall in place. Don’t overtighten the lock nuts or you’ll strip them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Problem solved! And the good thing is that the ball will have more room to rock when held by the magnet, giving you more motion to hit the imposter shot behind the upper flipper. And when it stops rocking, it will sit farther to the left, leading to better feeds to the upper flipper for destruction jackpot shots.
[quoted image]
Before you install the metal protector, put the captive ball back in place. Even by bending the guide, there is still plenty of room in there for the ball to move around & hit the switch. And it doesn’t hurt to polish the protector with a little Mothers Mag. Get that thing nice and shiny! Then screw the post screw back into the playfield t-nut, and then secure the metal in place.
[quoted image]
Put the bridge back together & make sure it functions properly. Now the game plays better & there’s no worries or plastics breaking. And now you can see the captive ball too. Great mod! Highly recommended!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for putting in the effort to post that.

1 month later
#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Anyone else waiting on the Type 14 flaming speaker light kit from Speaker Light Kits?

The first rule of Type 14 Flaming Speaker Club is to NOT TALK about Type 14 Flaming Speaker Club.

7 months later
#3432 1 year ago

I figured I'd post my goat.

20221209_151740 (resized).jpg20221209_151740 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3479 1 year ago

I'm trying to install the Mezel Mods Sign Upgrade. I believe it arrived broken. Can someone confirm? The sign itself is in two pieces.

20221230_131820 (resized).jpg20221230_131820 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Those look good. I went with a couple of these
[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you like that sign? (The one above the scoop.) It's a steep price. I've been looking at it. I'd really like to hear how you feel about it.

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I love it. Yeah, the price is a bit high I guess, but IMHO, i really don't think it is for all the work that was put into it, and it's beautiful. I can't imagine not having it now that I have one. For as many as Davey has sold already, I'm guessing the price isn't deterring to many GZ owners. Mods these days aren't cheap, neither are pins, so i'd say get on the waitlist

Thanks. Does he have a link? I wouldn't know where to get it. I'm interested.

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Thanks. Does he have a link? I wouldn't know where to get it. I'm interested.

Would you mind posting a couple of better pics of yours?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
9,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tedwasright.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=tedwasright and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.