IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ray-dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#305 2 years ago

I have the MonsterArts 2019 Rodan and Mothra set in order. Will end up on the top of my LE.

4 weeks later
#455 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

Where did you get the Godzilla from? Looks awesome.

Here is where I got mine:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H48PX94

To pile on, Betelgeuse how did you trim up and mount that Godzilla? I just got mine and I'm starting to take some measurements (and get out the Dremel

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Do you have yours installed yet? How does it look?

I have not yet. The unit is maybe an inch too tall. I need to get out the Dremel and trim about 30mm off the bottom. Another pinsider posted some pics with this unit, and I liked the relative size, and the sense that Godzilla was walking through the water to lord over the bridge. If I can get it to fit, I'll post details (with credit to the person that found this option)

1 month later
#649 2 years ago

...love the sneak peek at some much needed Drake Building love!

#694 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Makes me almost want to switch to the Pro just for the building mod. That's phenomenal work, nice one

I have an LE right now, but I've put so much into it to get it to a reasonable level that I've been thinking the same. Going with a Pro, putting in things like this building mod, Tesla Strike, new Godzilla/Mechzilla/Mothra, new saucer, new buildings, shaker motor, upgraded speakers/amps and you have something that is WAY ahead of a stock LE, at a lot cheaper price.

I'm not sure we're giving up too much to lose the bridge, building, and mech shield, if you have all this other stuff under glass. (I would miss the collapsing building though...fantastic experience the first 50 times you see it)

#702 2 years ago

Big weekend for upgrades. Finally installed Jet Jaguar (huge win in that empty back right), a Xilien controller, and the twenty84 's Mecha laser cut shield.

Great opportunity to tune up the lower metal piece on the left side of Mecha ramp (I was starting to get a lot of balls bounce to the left onto the wire rail). All smooth as silk now

Under the covers, also installed PinMonk 's magnet fan. I already had the flipper fans, so this was a quick 5 minute install.

All that is left for me (yeah right) is Lior's saucer, something for the bridge, and (I don't know how this will happen without swapping out for a Pro and getting something like tdiddy 's new offering) a major upgrade for the Drake build.

IMG_6925 (resized).jpgIMG_6925 (resized).jpg
#704 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Where did you get Xikien controller?

Patience + eBay + Saved Searches for lots of different spellings/descriptions. Worth the effort I think. I have a second one but haven't found a second mounting point that I'm happy with (yet)

#706 2 years ago

Yup, having the Tesla Strike towers and Jet Jaguar up there opened up some options... My best option for 2 controllers is on either side of the scoop, but one are identical (I wasn't able to find the different ones like you have)

#720 2 years ago

https://www.etsy.com/listing/661333787/beatles-apple-rooftop-concert

I’ve been tempted to put something like this in the roof

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from Awake_510:

Was it difficult to lower the metal part of the Mecha ramp? I am suffering from the same air balls bouncing onto the right wire form because that metal isn't flush with the playfield

To clarify I did not adjust the up and down of the ramp. Rather, if you look at the left side of the ramp, you’ll see a plastic piece on top, and a matching metal piece below that. That metal piece has a little arc at the end that directs the ball to the right as it comes off the ramp.

By loosening the screws on the left part of the shield, you can adjust the rotation of the metal guide to aim balls toward the center of Mecha. When I adjusted mine to aim the ball more to the right, I went from air balls to the ramp maybe half the time to things solidly hitting (and when magnet is on sticking) to Mecha every time

Let me know if pictures are helpful

2 months later
#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Anyone else waiting on the Type 14 flaming speaker light kit from Speaker Light Kits?

Yes, it will get here when it gets here (that was part of the deal when ordering). Looking forward to having it installed though...getting close to end game on mods for my GZ LE, and this is a big one to put the finishing touches in

3 weeks later
#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Nice surprise last week. Recieved my Flaming Speaker Kit & installed on Saturday. It haven’t seen in person, believe me it’s worth the long wait. Great design & great installation instructions.
IMO it’s the 2nd best mod you can buy for this game, only behind my Atomic Breath Godzilla mod (shameless plug)
[quoted image]

May I ask about when you had ordered it? Very excited to see/hear this!

1 week later
#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I sold out of the suspension bridges I have on had already but will make more. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you a deal once I have more.

I have (and love) Ben’s Mecha Shield. I had t realized that he had mods for the magnet plastic and building roof as well! Ordered the rest of the set today and looking forward to getting them in my machine!

1 week later
#1868 1 year ago

I had twenty84 metal Mecha shield in my LE already and love it. Tonight I installed his suspension bridge, roof top guides, and magnet plastic replacement.

Love the look! Wonderful blend of tangibility and simplicity and aligned with the look/feel of the pin (price is very right as well…thank you Ben!!)

Be warned: the bridge install is definitely not for the timid or more casual modder (pretty involved to get access to the screws on back of the bridge). Any Prem/LE bridge upgrade will have the same challenges. Review the installation docs before committing to this upgrade (work was most definitely worth it for me…the plastic bridge was an eye sore for me)

(and yes, my front Tesla tower finally took a fatal air ball, and yes, I'm experimenting with not repairing it and mounting it as a knocked over tower...I think it makes Hedora even more badass in that back corner!)

39BED3DA-EDE5-40FC-8187-024CDE7B10FB (resized).jpeg39BED3DA-EDE5-40FC-8187-024CDE7B10FB (resized).jpeg5FCF8BE7-E038-4D03-990A-814B193B93E3 (resized).jpeg5FCF8BE7-E038-4D03-990A-814B193B93E3 (resized).jpegB336AD73-C024-49D6-9088-2A0309ED0306 (resized).jpegB336AD73-C024-49D6-9088-2A0309ED0306 (resized).jpegD33E8429-A5FB-4F2F-935A-075E914B4B7E (resized).jpegD33E8429-A5FB-4F2F-935A-075E914B4B7E (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2106 1 year ago

Finished up installing a JBL Stage 810 cabinet sub (already had the Kicker CS5's in my backbox) and wow, no need for an external subwoofer anymore!

While I was in there, replaced the pop bumper plastics with clear parts so Lior's saucer stands out a bit better (involves cutting some wires for the LED and resoldering, but looks great), and installed Lermod's oxygen destroyer. Closer and a closer to done with the tweaking

#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Hey there, is the ohm difference on the CS5s or the JBL a problem at all? I am not at the machine for a few more days, but would love to order some replacements to have there waiting for me to install. It's been a while since I messed with speaker swaps and don't want to screw up the amp.

I have a Dayton Audio amp, which makes a HUGE difference with these speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-2-1BT2-Bluetooth-Adjustment/dp/B07KX6MN91

It is able to drive both CS5s and JBL with authority

1 week later
#2192 1 year ago

+1 on the clear pop bumpers. Really works with the saucer

If you go down this path, the LED inside the bumper has four wires that are soldered to the underside of the playfield. You will need to desolder to remove the old bumper, then work the wires back under the playfield in the new bumper

1 month later
#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from Fraggo:

Would be great if you could and don't mind? Its a nice simple mod to go next to the sign... seems just the right scale also. Thanks!

After a long time looking, I recently (finally!) found the female Xilien controller on eBay. The male controllers are much easier to find on eBay.

If helpful, my eBay search string was:

(xilien,xian) godzilla

1 week later
#2571 1 year ago

Received my Flamin Frames today (thank you Doug!) and installed them.

My expectations were Mt Everest high for these things, but seeing them in person still absolutely blows me away. Incredible addition to my LE!!

Awesome work DugFreez !

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2577 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I am sure they're going out, Doug, was just trying to get an idea from him for my own curiosity for my own order. Thanks for the update

My order was later January, but had the foam (which held my order up) I was happy to wait for it, and seeing things in person, I think the foam is well worth waiting for.

The arrival of stumblor 's Neon scoop sign is imminent. Once there is a reasonable Drake building upgrade for the LE (which I'm not optimistic about), I'll be pretty close to "done" with my LE (at least until Davey's neon building mod becomes available)

1 week later
#2643 1 year ago

The wires the LEDs in the bumper are soldered to a strip on the underside of the playfield. Take lots of picture, then desolder them, and you'll be able to pull the light PCB right out (make note of what holes the wires are coming out of...you'll be threading them back the same way on reassembly). Note that in my GZ LE, the PCB was glued to the body. Took a little work to get it loose to be able to remove it.

I got my clear bumper body, skirt, and base from pinball-mods.com. Take lots of picture, and be patient with reassembly. Not a difficult change if you take your time and document things, and I love the clean look with the saucer floating over the playfield

(yesterday I swapped out the bumpers in my ST:TNG for clear bodies/skirts/bases as well...order extra, since if you like the look, you'll be eyeing your other pins as well)

#2646 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Note you also need to cut off part of the long stem piece as it's too long.. you'll want it to be the same length as the one you too out, and then round it off so it operates smoothly.

Good point (I had forgotten about that). In reviewing my notes, as an alternative I ended up adjusting the switch to work with the extra stem length (if you don't want to be trimming plastic)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ray-dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.