IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1640 1 year ago

Mods are expensive so I made my own custom apron card.I think it looks way better than the crappy ones Stern sends.

20220521_145507 (resized).jpg20220521_145507 (resized).jpg
#1655 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Here's what seems to be the most commonly recommended around here.
amazon.com link »
These are 5.25" and will fit the "LE" speaker plate.

I haven't heard these but I bet they are leaps and bounds better for a good price and all most people will need. I'd recommend changing out the cabinet sub also the one in there is as garbage as the back box speakers. I'm in the midst of a major sound overhaul and went with some more pricey speakers but I'm also adding a bluetooth amp to really make it scream and pound and make it usable with my phone so I can use it as my jukebox when it's not being played.

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Did you really make that? That's awesome.
Your art is like this poem from Boogie Nights... Any chance you also write songs?

Yes I made it in about 2 minutes but im gonna make a better one. I have a whole Instagram page @puffdannys with mostly my penis drawings. I don't put pen to paper when writing songs but I do freestyle rap quite a bit. I never had kids so I never grew up.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s correct, we are considering making the Godzilla train mod with toyotaboy. He is sending me painted and lit trains and we will attach it to Godzilla (the bank version) and then wire it to be interactive with the train insert. If there is interest, please let me know. It will probably be $149.

I'm Interested

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The GZ burning train mod is done and we will make these available on demand. If you want one, please reach out to me. It is interactive with the train insert...I can also offer a version where the lights are always on. The price is $199 shipped. The trains are a significant amount of labor and the GZ itself is pretty expensive. This is a collaboration with toyotaboy.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Will this work for pro,pre and le models?

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think there is a version of the train on thingiverse that toyotaboy put there. Feel free to use it and make your own. Care to share what figure you are using?

I may have jumped the gun, the Godzilla I am using, which is the bank version, is a little snug. It will work on the pro, but he may be too close to the building and bridge for the prem/le. Anyone have any suggestions for a smaller GZ? Also, I think we are open to selling just the lit trains and the interactive wiring if people want to add it to their own GZ.

7” is too tall, 6-3/8 max I think is what you need.

I have a pro and will be interested

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Haven't got my PRO yet, and a i'm not sure how much clearance i need for my Godzilla figure. This guy is about 7" Too tall?
[quoted image]

Cut off his legs he can be the Lieutenant Dan version

2 months later
#2562 1 year ago

I prefer the original or mezelmods sign that stumblor one is cool but looks to modern and does not fit into the game art imo.

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Well I know a guy that has one for sale!

Already have one

1 week later
#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Need to see them in the game first. They are not cheap.

I had them in my Munsters and had more compliments on them than I can count. There's no way I'm not putting a set in Godzilla.

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Munsters powerbladez match the playfield artwork and color palette really well
For godzilla, I'm not sure if the person that designed them ever saw the pinball machine. Seems as if someone said "hey, Go watch Godzilla 1956 and then make some art blades". I'm at least sure they didn't try a prototype in godzilla, since surely they would have put a picture up. Just doesn't go with the playfield at all IMO. Would love to see it installed though and be proved wrong.[quoted image]

I can totally respect that assessment

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyBallerton:

I agree, I don't think the Powerbladez match the artwork. The animation looks really cool in other pins but I need to see them installed. Suggestion to manufacturer: You should send a free set of your blades to someone to install so everyone can see what they look like. Small price to pay if you want the community to embrace them.

Or send me mine first and I'll install them and take pics

1 week later
#2672 1 year ago

Maybe it's time to change the thread title to Godzilla Speaker Lights Q&A

1 week later
#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I still haven’t seen a fire breathing Godzilla mod that gets me terribly excited…

Same here thats why I went with the one eating the train

20220605_194434 (resized).jpg20220605_194434 (resized).jpg
#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

High End Mods is considering it's next mod. We have a few ideas but would love to hear ideas and requests. Any suggestions?

Something to stop Hedorah from draining my ball

#2826 1 year ago

So how many sets of lights could of been made in place of arguing on the internet? Probably shave a month or 2 off that 6 month wait

#2836 1 year ago

If I had to wait 6 months and read countless hours of childish interactions I'd be pissed. Grow the fuck up!!!!

2 months later
#3325 1 year ago

pinjunkie where did you get that blank shooter rod? I'm seeing custom crafted glass shooter rods.

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone putting the tv screen mods in their games. It's probably my next purchase but I'm trying to figure out where it's going to be.

Not a fan for godzilla. Twilight zone it fits the theme but godzilla it's Ike why is there a mint condition TV playing Netflix sitting on the curb in this destroyed city?

3 weeks later
#3473 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just installed the PRO translite on my Premium
With the powder coat I did and me personally feeling it’s the better of the two as it match’s the cabinet perfectly and just make the game pop more.
The pics don’t do it justice [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really nice I was considering an orange powder coat if I ever get the extra cash.

Screenshot_20220508-002810_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220508-002810_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3487 1 year ago

Upgraded my apron card to the premium color version

20221231_161253 (resized).jpg20221231_161253 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3787 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Well I went ahead and did it. I've always wanted to take the time and add a little rooftop party and some extra paint work to diddy's Nagele building. I maybe took it too far but it does make me giggle when I look at it. The roof sections are now held in place with magnets so I can easily swap with a more family friendly roof and a simple slide in window covering for when the grandkids are coming over to visit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I didn't want that building until now

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I wasn't sure if this project would be well received, thanks for all the positive feedback.Next project is to modify dpannell 's animated gz.sorry no naked people for that one.

How about a red rocket?

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I didn’t think anything could be dumber than that goat picture on that thing. Kudos. I guess.

I agree but here you are

1 week later
#3825 1 year ago

That looks really nice, the first Mothra mod I've seen that doesn't look like absolute shit.this one unlike the others actually looks better than the flat plastic it comes with.

2 months later
#4191 11 months ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Has anyone moved the action button so its closer to your hand? I know its part of the challenge of the game, just wondering. Or even on another Stern with the action button in the middle.
Thanks

I've seen someone wired a foot pedal to the action button.

3 weeks later
#4355 10 months ago

Topper looks like hot garbage to me. The heat ray from the hand is unforgivable.

2 weeks later
#4460 9 months ago

Sound upgrade is better than a shaker motor imo and I feel a shaker is a must. I went the diy route with a powerful Bluetooth amp and it's amazing. My friend bought an upgrade kit(without amp) from one of the companies that specialize in pinball speaker upgrades(can't remember who) and it also sounds great,not as good as mine but its a noticeable improvement and I bet most people would be happy with his simpler setup.

#4462 9 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great to hear from you Desmodromic ! PinWoofer gives you the best outcome and is trivial to install. Our speakers are top-shelf, and our power solution and amplifier electronics incorporate several low-level topology and other design tricks that you're not going to find in a commercial or off the shelf amplifier. We've done side-by-side comparisons of many options out there, so we can make this claim with confidence.
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
Good times!
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri[quoted image]

Correct me if I'm wrong but your amps don't have a bluetooth option. Is that something that could be integrated in future models? The bluetooth option was the only reason I went with the amp I chose if I could of went with a simpler off the shelf kit such as yours I would of most likely went that route.

#4464 9 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey Puffdanny - great question. We have yet to incorporate a BT option, but we have played with it. There is a bit of complexity and cost to achieving a zero-latency interface (I.e. zero time delay) but it is doable. However, while there are a number of guys who seek a good headphone interface the "signal" we have compiled is low (~5% of users or less). Most guys tell us they don't use headphones at all, but those who do really like them. There are also off the shelf offerings to accomplish this stand-alone. So, all things considered, we chose to develop and release the CDU as show in in the images below. This has been a popular item and it seems to reflect the percentages I've quoted.
If your goal is to play your own music / audio through the machine, we do offer some on the cheap splitters and other gadgets that can be setup to allow for this through a direct line. There seems to be even less appetite for this functionality compared to headphones.
For control of other amplifier features remotely, the prospect of having a phone app, etc. to accomplish this appears to be quite undesirable to the many I've had conversations with.
So, we have no plans to pursue BT and plan to continue to promote the CDU:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-2-cdu-kit/
Have a stellar day buddy!
Thanks,
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great info. My end goal was to play music from my phone when not playing that machine.

4 months later
#4933 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Looks awesome. You've done some great modding. I'm curious: do you not like side art blades or mirror blades? Those are often the first things I put on a machine if it doesn't have them already. Your mods would look sweet with mirror blades.

As Tophervette said I'm also waiting until I'm done modding and lifting the pf up routinely before I put on my blades I've had in a box for a year. I'm blaming stumblor and his popularity for my barren sides.

1 month later
#5044 3 months ago
Screenshot_20231230_205950_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231230_205950_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.