IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pixelpete.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3142 1 year ago

Just got my Godzilla Premium. I painted the t-molding and vinyl wrapped the rails and lock bar. Vinyl was $13 on Amazon. Glossy orange.

IMG_5006 (resized).jpegIMG_5006 (resized).jpegIMG_5007 (resized).jpegIMG_5007 (resized).jpeg
#3158 1 year ago

Hey All,

Thanks for the kind words. So about the vinyl wrap. It's really easy to do. To do 1 pin, you can buy a roll of "glossy" vinyl if you like the gloss. 1 roll of 1' x 5' is enough to do 2 rails and 2 lock bars. Vinyl wrap is VERY forgiving. You can peel it up even weeks later if you don't like it. Just heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer (heat gun is faster). The vinyl quickly gets soft and stretchy. it took a bit of trial and error around the lock bar corners. When you cut your pieces for the lock bar and rails, leave 1/2" - 1" bigger than the part. this way you have an edge to hold on to. Once you fold the vinyl to the hidden or underside of the part, just hold it for a bit for it to cool and the crease holds the visible vinyl in place. If you see bubbles, wrinkles, or creases, no worry, just heat it back up, stretch it a bit and fold again. Easy and nothing to panic about. On the lock bar, remove the action button and white plastic part. Once you have wrapped the lock bar, then cut slits (like pizza slices) for the action button hole and fold them under, then reinstall the action button. I noticed on the lock bar corners I did a bad job so i will fix them and show you a before and after if you like. I also did my AIQ in glossy purple. Just look up my posts. Here are the 2 vinyl colors I got on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NCBZP6X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J25CZS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Have fun.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 11.04.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-09 at 11.04.51 PM (resized).png
#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Your paint on the t-molding looks great. Never seen that done before

Thanks! I did my AIQ as well. Check out my other posts. Pretty easy, just a couple of cans of spray paint.

#3161 1 year ago

No problem. As I mentioned earlier, vinyl is very forgiving. I went back 2 days later and fixed this. Just heated it up and stretched it a bit more.

IMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5019 (resized).jpegIMG_5019 (resized).jpeg
#3176 1 year ago

I don't have professional experience with vinyl wrapping. Just something I tried.
I would say convex shapes are easier and concave shapes (like the inside of a bowl) would be harder because you can't stretch the material and only rely on the adhesive on the vinyl. This is why doing legs I anticipate is harder. Doing a table or desk should work.

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is this something you have professional experience with, or did you learn to DIY? I’m curious how this process would differ from say, wrapping a table or desk

Sorry, I missed up on the post, here you go:

I don't have professional experience with vinyl wrapping. Just something I tried.
I would say convex shapes are easier and concave shapes (like the inside of a bowl) would be harder because you can't stretch the material and only rely on the adhesive on the vinyl. This is why doing legs I anticipate is harder. Doing a table or desk should work.

1 week later
#3270 1 year ago

I made a UFO mod to sit on top of the pop bumper. I CAD modeled the UFO to look like the UFO on the Godzilla playfield with windows to allow the pop bumper light to shine through both the multiple side windows and top circular opening. I filled in the 3d printed grooves with body filler putty, painted with silver metallic paint and hand painted the black lines. I'd be glad to sell the 3D printed UFO (not painted) if anyone is interested. I can ship the UFO as 2 halves or glued if preferred. $50 shipped (domestic USA).

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg1b (resized).jpeg1b (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpeg5 (resized).jpeg5 (resized).jpeg6 (resized).jpeg6 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3512 1 year ago

My powerline mod. I wanted the towers and cabling to look like Godzilla got to them a bit. The closest tower is powered by the large red flasher on the right of the playfield and the other 2 towers are powered through the actual power line wires then to a tiny red LED on each. The resistor for each LED is hidden where the wire connects to the tower (black shrink tubing) and the opposite side is a black painted toothpick for symmetry.

IMG_5671 (resized).jpegIMG_5671 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
9,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pixelpete.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=pixelpete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.