IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2656 1 year ago

What forum was that in? Oh, think I found the German site.

2 weeks later
#2867 1 year ago

For those that inquired, I've officially offered my diverter mod for purchase, as well as my burning building mod. I created a thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-dmcs-diverter-and-dmcs-burning-building-mods

2 months later
#3433 1 year ago

After developing the GZ pro diverter and the computer control system for it, it would have really been a shame to just leave it at that. I wanted to see if some other mods I imagined could actually be realized: to see if this really could be the Dream Mods Control System as I named it.

So, here's the latest mods added to the DMCS family. First, "GZ DMCS Heatray". Every pro needs that flat Godzilla plastic replaced, doesn't it? But we can do so much more! Let's have it be dynamic and interactive with the game. The voice over says "Godzilla's spikes are beginning to glow!", and now it's actually really happening, right there on the playfield! Keep charging, and now the spikes are continuously pulsating at high intensity, ready to be discharged. You hit the action button, and there's the numbers counting up on the display. But wouldn't it be so much cooler if there was a heatray under the glass, actually really activating? Now... there it is! It starts to stream in response to your action, faster and faster the streaming gets... it reaches full intensity and unleashes it's full power and fury right in front of your eyes!

Next up, the "Xilien DMCS Saucer". Have you ever heard a UFO report? There's usually more to it than "it blinked one color" and then "later it blinked another color". And those Xiliens... they're cybernetic extraterrestrial humanoids... they're a technologically advanced race bent on conquering the Earth! It really doesn't seem like it, not by the looks of that saucer! But now their latest upgraded model has arrived! It's the "Xilien DMCS Saucer"! It's fitted with a whole array of lights! They encircle the entire circumference of the craft! They're throughout the cockpit too! They're spinning, they're changing, they're flashing, they're fading in and out, they're color cycling! Wait?! What new technology have they brought to the battle?! They're actually targeting my ball?! Yes, they're homing in on it and targeting the ball!

What's the saying? A couple of paragraphs is worth a thousand pictures, right? No? Maybe I'll make some videos tomorrow...

#3444 1 year ago

Here's a couple of clips of my GZ Xilien DMCS Saucer mod demonstrating some of the effects, and Saucer Attack ball-targeting. Full details will be revealed in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building

Close up for better clarity:

1 month later
#3603 1 year ago

Who left the mods out? I constructed a few of these Godzilla DMCS mods yesterday, and seems they decided to battle it out. You can see some of the effects, modes, and options, although you want to see them in a machine too to see how they interact with game play.

1 week later
#3642 1 year ago

I saw this animated Grogu project for Mandalorian here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/grogu-modding-thread/ and started wondering about controlling a toy similarly in Godzilla.

Anyone know of an animatronic Godzilla toy? I did some searching and didn't find anything that looked promising.

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think anything will top Jazzbouche Atomic Godzilla for the look alone it’s a winner, add in the interactive spines and atomic breath, it’s perfect. We just need him to make a King Gadorah.

I do like lighting effects, so I made a Godzilla with animated spikes and streaming heatray effects, but I consider mechanical toys in a different category. I wish there was something equivalent to the Grogu that could be modified, but there doesn't seem to be.

7 months later
#4845 6 months ago

After releasing my DMCS Save Post for Foo Fighters Pro, I was considering ways to improve on it. One idea was the "SuperKick" described in the FF thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods#post-7756802

Another idea was to use a diverting mechanism instead of a post. Diverting the path more smoothly would conserve more of the ball's energy than an acute deflection off the post. Additionally, since it's not an up post, it doesn't require drilling a hole in your playfield! So, I've decided to give it a try on Godzilla.

If you aren't familiar with my FF Save Post mod, see the above thread. Basically, there's a time gauge on the left that shows time earned for activating the save post / diverter. Here it is configured to the building switch to earn a unit of time. Other configurations are possible: I also have one using the Defense Barrier stand ups similar to the FF radio stand ups. Then when the ball drains on the left outlane, hit the left flipper to activate the save diverter and use your time. Here is some game footage to demonstrate:

Below I have the save diverter configured to always activate and then drop the ball from a dead stop at the top of the outlane. This demonstrates that you get consistently good feeds to the right flipper.

It used to be games used a physical kick back for the left outlane save. It seems to be a cost-cutting measure that it's just a virtual save these days. It's more fun and interactive to control a mech to save the ball yourself, so I decided I'd offer it for other games.

#4850 6 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

This is fascinating! Is this available, or is there an interest list? I'd love to try this.

Thanks! Check in on this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-save-post-envy-playing-non-ff-game-try-the-dmcs-save-diverter

3 months later
#5112 3 months ago

I developed this a year ago, and showed it at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show and received good feedback. I intended to release it shortly after the other Godzilla DMCS mods but then got distracted developing the Foo Fighters DMCS Save Post. I finally got back to this and am releasing it now. As well as having a custom animated attract sequence it has 9 effects triggered by gameplay events, or you can just set it to static during play if preferred.

Godzilla DMCS Animated Interactive Backbox Light Kit

More details in the GZ DMCS mods thread if you want to get in on the January special:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building#post-7297735

2 months later
#5221 21 days ago

The premium version of the Godzilla DMCS Animated, Interactive Backbox light kit is now available too!

The premium has similar effects as the pro version ( rising flames, streaming heatray, color cycling UFOS, etc ) and some specific updates for the premium. Since King Ghidorah is a main character on the premium version, the effects also highlight that as you will see. For more details, see the DMCS thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.