IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

MEZELmods
Concept drawing of the back building on the left. The Subway building will be enhanced with a 3D facade and enhanced signage. [quoted image][quoted image]

Instead of subway in English, do one that says chikatetsu (Japanese for subway) in Japanese Kanji characters:
地下鉄

You could put subway in English in small letters below it. That is generally how they do those signs at subway/railway stations in Japan. Just a thought.

#53 2 years ago

One other idea I thought of that you could consider for the sign on that building could be Tokyo-eki (Tokyo Station :東京駅). Alternatively, Shinjuku-eki in Kanji characters: Shinjuku Station (新宿駅, Shinjuku-eki). Both are major train/subway stations in Tokyo.

Shinjuku is the skyscraper district of Tokyo and Shinjuku Station is the busiest train/subway station in the world. The Shinjuku district also coincidentally is the location of Godzilla Street, themed hotel, and Godzilla store.

I think Tokyo-eki or subway in Japanese Kanji with the English in small letters below would be cool.
Sorry, I guess I'm geeking out here a bit. I lived in Japan for a few years and minored in Japanese in college so this one is kind of fun for me.

1 month later
#355 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks nice, but the area to the left of the direction arrows is a little sparse. It might be nice to add Japanese above the English for each entry to make them more like actual signs you'd see on the road and on JR/Subway. Would make it totally on-theme.
[quoted image]

Agreed. Subway in Japanese with small English letters below would be cool as well. Subway in Japanese is chikatetsu... I posted the Kanji for it early on in this thread.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given it's for the English audience here, I'd be fine with small Japanese and bigger English. But having both would make it a more authentic sign that you would seen in Japan.

Fair point. For me, I'd prefer the Japanese for authenticity and because I lived there for a few years.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

This is what I have so far. Still tweaking it. I actually have the ufo tilted the opposite direction now, but forgot to take a picture. I obviously borrowed the idea, but wanted to see if I could learn to make something in Fusion and I had some ideas for improvements. I want to get to the point that I can cast the base in resin so it is clear and not obviously 3D printed. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So is the rgb color changing? Are you going to be selling this as a mod?

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

My hiragana skills are rusty but isn’t that “yuke yuke Gojira”. When you want “iku” for go.

It does say yuke yuke.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

So I looked this up and did not realize that iku and yuku were the same depending on western or eastern Japan pronunciation. Which means ike and yuke are the same but yuku and yuke are mostly used when singing which means in an alternate reality where BOC is Japanese that is technically correct.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"20582fcad38542a59801ffc7deef926bdbe91c0f-1637430971-1800"};
//]]>

You learn something new every day.

It also means to conquer so maybe that is what was intended here? Hard to say for sure since they did it in hiragana instead of kanji.

2 weeks later
#434 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Looks nice, similar to the one Sleal16 is working on, and I’m guessing his won’t be ‘art of pinball prices’ and hopefully available soon
[quoted image]

Agreed. It looks nice but $99 nice? I'm not sure.

1 month later
#685 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

This is our Godzilla building mod for the Pro version. This model is from our new "Signature Line" this line will be for our utmost detailed models, these models will have a number plate for the release number, on the building it will be the address plate, i.e.1001, more info to follow tomorrow.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you could make that Japanese sign that lights up to match and go with the premium building? The whole thing looks great but I’d be in for just the cool sign for my premium if you could do it.

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Big weekend for upgrades. Finally installed Jet Jaguar (huge win in that empty back right), a Xilien controller, and the twenty84 's Mecha laser cut shield.
Great opportunity to tune up the lower metal piece on the left side of Mecha ramp (I was starting to get a lot of balls bounce to the left onto the wire rail). All smooth as silk now
Under the covers, also installed PinMonk 's magnet fan. I already had the flipper fans, so this was a quick 5 minute install.
All that is left for me (yeah right) is Lior's saucer, something for the bridge, and (I don't know how this will happen without swapping out for a Pro and getting something like tdiddy 's new offering) a major upgrade for the Drake build.[quoted image]

Where did you get Xikien controller?

1 week later
#783 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

My friend will be producing an Oxygen Destroyer soon. He is extremely artistic. This thing will be sick! I will keep everyone posted. Hopefully there is interest!

What is an oxygen destroyer?

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Both these look pretty good. I make this one for the prem/le. I've been asked if I'll do a pro version but I don't see any need since there are already some great options. Also working on a metal replacement for the plastic below the bridge which takes a beating on the prem/le.
[quoted image]

So how easy/difficult is it to install the metal bridge?

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thought I would share a little bit of noodle shop embellishment I did this weekend.
In addition to the noodle shop building facade that I installed from Mezel mods (which is an amazing addition), I placed a Japanese sign (to cover over a flag that Mezels puts on the left) which is a model sign from a Japanese ramen noodle shop, haha....i then placed a little bowl of noodles below it that was created by a miniature crafts artist.
These items are relatively hidden/out of view at the players position during gameplay, but I thought adds just a little bit to the overall ambience [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job! Love the additions. Makes it feel even more like Tokyo and Japan.

4 months later
#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on the Wizard Mod side blades? Not too impressed with the Stern version. Like to get mods in advance of my game showing up one day. Thanks![quoted image]

Sixes with Stern's IMO

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Awesome! I actually have some of this stuff, so I’ll give that a try.
It’s been a trying month to say the least. A few weeks ago I noticed my clear coat was cracking around the magnet area, so much so it was actually peeling up the art work underneath! Used this CA glue to fill the area and press it back down then put a Mylar patch on top. So far it seems to be working perfectly. You can still see the damage if you’re looking straight down on it with a spotlight but overall it was an impressive fix! And yes, Stern is sending me a new playfield but I doubt I’ll use it unless things worsen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A populated playfield I hope.

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

London Bridge vs Tower Bridge
[quoted image][quoted image]

I vote Tokyo’s Rainbow Bridge:

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

As I mentioned last week, I'm working on a video display vertical sign with changing advertisements.

Neon look in Japanese?

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It will be closer to the vertical signs you see in this pic. The advertising will change and transition to several different Japanese ads. If I can find good pics of isolated, vertical neon, I can include those, as well.[quoted image]

Nice! I would be interested if they have that East Asian neon sign look like those in these pictures. Just make sure they are in Japanese and not Korean like in these pics .

#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Well, these aren't the actual ads I'll be using, but I don't know the difference, so if you do, I might need to run them by you first

Well, my Japanese is pretty rusty but I lived there for a few years and minored in Japanese so happy to help if need be.

If you live in California, I'm sure there are a lot of bilingual, native apeakers as well. Just head to any good Japanese restaurant in the LA or Orange County areas (or the Bay Area) and you'll find a lot of native speaking ex pats.

1 week later
#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

As I mentioned last week, I'm working on a video display vertical sign with changing advertisements.

Looking forward to what you come up with. Keep us updated.

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

That is probably the best advice you'll receive as there are so many options. Take the time and read through the thread. If I had to pick a top five...
1. Diddy's Tesla strike towers
2. Flaming frames lit speaker covers
3. Pop bumper saucer mod (insert your favorite version here) Sleal16 for me
4. Stumblor's lit neon sign for scoop
5. Invisiglass, so you can appreciate the additions you'll make to the playfield.
6. Replace stock Godzilla with (insert favorite version here)
And yes I realize That's six things but it was all I could do to reign myself in at that.

Shaker is #1.

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is an example of the display with no bezel and just one sample of an ad.[quoted image]

So the ads would be digital with a neon look and change like a digital billboard? Would be cool if you can pull it off.

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It would be a video of still images. Whatever I can find that is vertical, or images I can piece together to create multiple ads in one image. Here are some examples.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool. Just a heads up though, those last four, larger ads appear to be Chinese, not Japanese.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks for the heads up. I was worried about that after someone else mentioned one of my examples being Korean

That was also me . If you have questions about any given ad and whether it is Japanese or not, feel free to ping me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.