IMG_7304 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7071393_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7316 (resized).jpeg
20240318_132944 (resized).jpg
20240318_152802 (resized).jpg
20240318_152643 (resized).jpg
20240318_152632 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That's awesome. Thx for the replies.
I had made my own topper, but I must admit, this one from Sparky looks really awesome.
I have the flaming speaker lights on order with the cityscape acrylics, and I think that this topper goes amazingly well with that setup. Thank you so much for posting that topper installed, looks great!

I stock the topper illumination kits for all my toppers because I sell through Mezelmods, as well, and ship them together when customers order both from their website (GZ is not currently listed there, but will be soon). In my Pinside Shop, I don't list the illumination kits because they are not my product, and I don't want any confusion regarding support if something goes wrong with the lighting.

If anyone wants to order the topper and illumination kit, you can either wait for it to be listed on Mezelmods, or you can order through Pinside and send me a direct message. I can accept Paypal payment for the difference and include the kit with your topper. ($35).

If you have other newer Stern games, I make the same style topper for about 11 or 12 other games. I just noticed a couple of them are not listed in my Pinside Shop (BM66, GB, maybe a couple more).

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

can your lighting kit be tied into a flasher? I'm actually going to be making my own topper (with a ghidorah statue i've ordered), but i'd like to tie it in to the flashers on the game for a lightning effect.

The link below is the illumination kit from Mezelmods. I don't believe they can be tied into the flashers for voltage reasons. You might want to check with Lermods, the OP of this thread. Rob might have something that ties into the flashers.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-topper-led-kit?_pos=34&_sid=5e431e6ce&_ss=r&variant=5469664509981

3 weeks later
#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Love this topper and the price is right. I might light it up. Looks like my Godzilla is going the wrong direction based on the previous posts but who cares it still works and looks great!! Thanks Sparky
[quoted image]

Hmm. Nice to see it's reversible, I guess. The mounting angle of the bottoms should have all been bent the same way. This one must have been reversed by accident. Glad you're happy with it.

They do look great lit up!

2 months later
#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Throwing this out to all the mod pros to see if they can make it happen (forgive me if it's been mentioned). Make one of those little tv mods like in bm66 that runs Godzilla clips.

I'll be away on vacation this week, but I'll be working on the video for this when I get back.

The displays I've been using for the last 7+ years became too difficult to get (it's been backordered since August). I switched to a different display, so I had to slightly alter the model to accommodate. I have a waitlist of over 100 for various titles, so if you're interested, I'm hoping to get caught up when I get back.

1 week later
#1847 1 year ago

Can I get someone to take a pic of the small node board under the left flipper button, please?

Thanks

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

In addition to the link provided by Sorokyl which was earlier picture I had posted, I have since changed the playfield around a little bit, but continuing with warm white in the GI as well as in the spotlights. For my eyes, I typically always change out all of my Stern games from thier stock cool white to Comet 2-SMD warm white.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice topper!

#1909 1 year ago

The TV mod I've been selling for 8 years plays about 30 mins of video before it loops. The wood grain TV has sold for about 40 different titles over the years, but TSPP has been my biggest seller by far. I'm working on GZ video now. If anyone is interested, these are $149. You can send me a DM. All my TV mods have been out of stock since August, and I'm just putting them back in stock, so not sure how long they'll last before I can have more ready.

Here's short example of Beatles and TSPP:

#1964 1 year ago

This is one minute out of about 30. Sorry, I don't have a GZ to put it on for pics/vid. $149 shipped to US. A little more for International. Please send me a message if interested.

#1993 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is one minute out of about 30. Sorry, I don't have a GZ to put it on for pics/vid. $149 shipped to US. A little more for International. Please send me a message if interested.

A couple of customers have taken pics and video of their TV install location. These are just two options. Link is to video.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfWFO2Ol4yF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

20220628_053247 (resized).jpg20220628_053247 (resized).jpgreceived_1149240998955290 (resized).jpegreceived_1149240998955290 (resized).jpeg
#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

If you could replace that goat with the screen from the sparky tv mod, that would be a fantastic combo.

I don't think my screen is that big.

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't think my screen is that big.

I'm looking into a vertical style sign/display (can probably be used horizontal, as well). Mounting/integration with existing buildings and other building mods would need to be figured out, as well as making sure the power connector doesn't show.

Does a changing/scrolling advertising sign really fit the GZ era/theme of the game? I know it would fit the current Tokyo era

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm looking into a vertical style sign/display (can probably be used horizontal, as well). Mounting/integration with existing buildings and other building mods would need to be figured out, as well as making sure the power connector doesn't show.
Does a changing/scrolling advertising sign really fit the GZ era/theme of the game? I know it would fit the current Tokyo era

20220701_082120 (resized).jpg20220701_082120 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2145 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ok, so I really like the Tokyo sign mod but I’m not sure that I’m quite ready to go full-on with a programmable sign (cost being my main deterrent - no knock on price I think it’s very fair). I like the Mezel signs although I’m not super-stoked on the scoop sign, something about it doesn’t give me a GZ vibe.
Short version…are any other mod makers thinking of bringing out a sign package for the Premium/LE?
Thanks for any advice/info!
PS: Sorokyl your Maser frickin’ rocks
PDK

As I mentioned last week, I'm working on a video display vertical sign with changing advertisements.

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Neon look in Japanese?

It will be closer to the vertical signs you see in this pic. The advertising will change and transition to several different Japanese ads. If I can find good pics of isolated, vertical neon, I can include those, as well.

Vertical Sign Example (resized).jpgVertical Sign Example (resized).jpg
#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Nice! I would be interested if they have that East Asian neon sign look like those in these pictures. Just make sure they are in Japanese and not Korean like in these pics .

Well, these aren't the actual ads I'll be using, but I don't know the difference, so if you do, I might need to run them by you first

1 week later
#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Looking forward to what you come up with. Keep us updated.

Video part of it is figured out. Still working on the bezel. Also have no idea where this would mount, but the bracket I use for mounting can attach for either side mount on bottom mount. And I think these are about 4" from top to bottom, so not sure how much room there is in places. I don't own the game, so I can play around with those options.

#2298 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Video part of it is figured out. Still working on the bezel. Also have no idea where this would mount, but the bracket I use for mounting can attach for either side mount on bottom mount. And I think these are about 4" from top to bottom, so not sure how much room there is in places. I don't own the game, so I can play around with those options.

This is an example of the display with no bezel and just one sample of an ad.

20220725_110829 (resized).jpg20220725_110829 (resized).jpg
#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So the ads would be digital with a neon look and change like a digital billboard? Would be cool if you can pull it off.

It would be a video of still images. Whatever I can find that is vertical, or images I can piece together to create multiple ads in one image. Here are some examples.

20220701_110913 (resized).jpg20220701_110913 (resized).jpg20220701_111205 (resized).jpg20220701_111205 (resized).jpg20220701_115534 (resized).jpg20220701_115534 (resized).jpg20220701_115614 (resized).jpg20220701_115614 (resized).jpg20220701_120312 (resized).jpg20220701_120312 (resized).jpg20220701_133307 (resized).jpg20220701_133307 (resized).jpg20220701_133339 (resized).jpg20220701_133339 (resized).jpg20220701_133410 (resized).jpg20220701_133410 (resized).jpg
#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Cool. Just a heads up though, those last four, larger ads appear to be Chinese, not Japanese.

Thanks for the heads up. I was worried about that after someone else mentioned one of my examples being Korean

2 months later
#2888 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Who makes this mod, and price?

I make the TV mod ( for about 40 different titles, not just GZ). Price is $149 in my Pinside Shop and a few bucks more through Mezelmods.

received_1069734247282405 (resized).jpegreceived_1069734247282405 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3253 1 year ago

Just be aware that splitter is 12v only. There are a lot of light up mods that require 5v.

2 weeks later
#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing anyone putting the tv screen mods in their games. It's probably my next purchase but I'm trying to figure out where it's going to be.

I've sold quite a few for Godzilla. Not everyone posts pics.

4 weeks later
#3507 1 year ago

Someone just pointed out to me that the Godzilla Silhouette Topper was nominated for the Best Topper category of the TWIPYs. If it was one of you in this thread that nominated it, thank you! If you haven't voted yet on the TWIPYs, I'd appreciate the vote:

https://twipys.com/

3 months later
#4072 12 months ago

I bought the Godzilla vs Kong figure and decided I wanted the Neca 1956 Poster figure instead.

If anyone is interested in buying the vs Kong figure from me, send me a DM. $15 + shipping.

It was sealed in plastic and came with a red, nylon, cinch tote-sack. However, I took it out of the plastic but did not install it (I don't have my game yet).

Godzilla vs Kong Figure (resized).jpgGodzilla vs Kong Figure (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4161 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I dig the topper for sure, nice work.
Wish there was a good topper choice out there now (yes I know Stern will be releasing one eventually for an ungodly amount and I do know tepp pinball is working on one as well but several months out).

I've sold more of these than any other title.

#4172 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i did that already somewhere here in the thread, its to long to remember right.

But the problem is that the guy who sells the Mini Pin Ciri Controllers won't ship to the US.

#4180 11 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I don't know how helpful this is, but if they'll at least ship to Germany, I've used MyGermany.com to receive parcels there and have those reshipped here in the US.

Thank you. That is helpful, and I'll look into that. The guy selling them didn't give me a price on the board because I'm in the US, and I replied asking if I could have them shipped to someone in France or Germany, but he hasn't replied.

3 weeks later
#4316 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I want to add lighting to a custom topper. The USB port on the CPU board is already providing 5v to another strip of LEDs. Would there be any potential issues with running additional lights via the backbox utility plug and an AC adapter?

Pinball Life has a splitter board for 12v and a power supply board for 12v and 5v, so depending on which voltage you need, you could go that route.

7 months later
#5057 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The clear plug does not plug into the cpu, spike games do not use that type of connector. The white connector on the fused cable as I mentioned earlier, likely plugs into the coindoor board. Please contact Mezelmods because you either have the wrong kit or are missing something. Only thing I can think of is the diagram below. I can’t tell if those clear connectors fit together or if they are both female.[quoted image]

Those clear connectors should connect together, and then it plugs into the node board in the cabinet. The fused piece is a dongle/adapter to connect to the node board. This is the SPIKE 1 version, but it works on SPIKE 2, as well, by plugging into the node board instead of the backbox.

#5060 3 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

You are 100% correct. Just got off the phone with Mezel. Is there an advantage of one over the other (backbox vs node board)?

No advantage either way. They both provide 12v and ground.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.